ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats Eagles

Smashed windows (Macy's in particular), overturned cars, etc. Nice fanbase.

What the hell would have happened had they lost?

Reactions: rgc7

The exact same thing.........I told my daughter win or lose, philly fans will riot...........sadly no surprise

I can see where a philly fan would think it was a great game, but not having any dog in the fight I didn’t see it that way. It was like damned arena football ... were there actually defensive players on the field at, I sure as hell didn’t see any. My opinion is, from a football purist POV, the game sucked. Congrats to Philly, but this is the new NFL

I can see where a philly fan would think it was a great game, but not having any dog in the fight I didn’t see it that way. It was like damned arena football ... were there actually defensive players on the field at, I sure as hell didn’t see any. My opinion is, from a football purist POV, the game sucked. Congrats to Philly, but this is the new NFL
I am still trying to figure out how Matt Patricia (SP) got a job as HC for the Lions.... his defense was atrocious not only in this game, but all year.

Reactions: Irishjohn68

The were going to riot win or lose, which does tell you something about a part of their fan base.

Shop and compare. Cub fans after the World Series win and Philly fans after the Super Bowl.

I am still trying to figure out how Matt Patricia (SP) got a job as HC for the Lions.... his defense was atrocious not only in this game, but all year.
Same reason schools hire Saban assistants, they hope that a lot of things rubbed off from years of coaching under the master.

Since I am boycotting the NFL, I did not watch the game. However, the rioting and vandalism is absolutely
Disgraceful and should have absolutely no place in sports ! Unfortunately, uncivilized conduct are becoming
More and more a part of our “Civilized “ society.

Since I am boycotting the NFL, I did not watch the game. However, the rioting and vandalism is absolutely
Disgraceful and should have absolutely no place in sports ! Unfortunately, uncivilized conduct are becoming
More and more a part of our “Civilized “ society.

unfortunately, this is not just a problem with Philly fans

If you knew the talent that Patricia had especially after Hightower got injured you would not make such a statement. He is a very bright guy but not sure he will be able to do great things in Detroit. Not a big fan of the Stafford.

If you knew the talent that Patricia had especially after Hightower got injured you would not make such a statement. He is a very bright guy but not sure he will be able to do great things in Detroit. Not a big fan of the Stafford.
I know he gave up 41 to Nick Foles....?

First great game and congrats to the Eagles. Second, unless you were there , no one should comment on things they don't really know. This perception that the city burned is ridiculous. There were literally thousands and thousands of fans celebrating in the streets in different sections of the city. Center city philly was getting the most attention. Now there were a few incidents with some idiots damaging cars and broke some windows. There were very few arrests. 98% of the celebrating was just fans singing and simply being happy their team won. I don't care what major city you live in. When you have a celebration like this you are going to get some alcohol fueled problems. But by all accounts nothing major or really bad happened. Philly did itself proud. But as they say if it bleeds it leads. The news will always focus on the negative. But again that stuff was isolated. The fan base gets a bad rap. The overwhelming amount of fans are nothing like the few idiots they always seem to point out. Well I just wanted to get that out.

unfortunately, this is not just a problem with Philly fans
Didn't have this problem with the Cub fans after they won the World Series. They might have bullied a young fellow Cub fan years earlier, but the post series celebration and parade were really good.

That he did.... which leads me right back to my original point of trying to figure out how that is possible considering his defense was not that good.

As a Skins fan, I see no joy in watching the enemy win
how does eagles db 31 get away with so many holds?

Didn't have this problem with the Cub fans after they won the World Series. They might have bullied a young fellow Cub fan years earlier, but the post series celebration and parade were really good.

Where did this happen? "meanwhile, police scanners reported smashed cars, bar fights, broken windows, the masses liquored and unruly and ready to whip an ax into a cop car. Absurdly, one report claimed an electric pole was ripped out of the ground and carried down the street, live wires and all. I didn’t see any of this, even from my proximity to the action..." and
Chicago's World Series weekend was also its deadliest of the year.

Where did this happen? "meanwhile, police scanners reported smashed cars, bar fights, broken windows, the masses liquored and unruly and ready to whip an ax into a cop car. Absurdly, one report claimed an electric pole was ripped out of the ground and carried down the street, live wires and all. I didn’t see any of this, even from my proximity to the action..." and
Chicago's World Series weekend was also its deadliest of the year.

Perspective please.....From the Chicago Tribune.... "the shootings over the last weekend came as Chicago police shifted resources to accommodate the crowds in and around Wrigley Field on the North Side for the Cubs' three home World Series games"

Their murder rate was already out of control that year, it was Halloween weekend and the police resources on the South and West sides were spread thin. Where the celebrations were, there were no overturned cars, fires lit, downed light poles, windows smashed or people having a food fight in a convenience store.

yes the young people were out of control and drunk and in Tucson when Arizona won the NC cars burnt some looting violence occurred. My point about Chicago is they did have violence and drunk stupid masses and criminal activity. However, in chicago murder is a way of life.

Chicago has violence everyday. Doing google to research World Series violence in Chicago is kind of a stretch. Don't you think? Perhaps we should research the Chicago mayhem after the White Sox World Series and the three Stanley Cup titles by the Blackhawks. Drunks...yes. Fights....ask the drunks. Mayhem.....Allstate wasn't really all that busy those nights.

Since I am boycotting the NFL, I did not watch the game.

Then you should be happy to have missed this egregious failure of decorum
2018-02-04T234106Z_1_LYNXMPEE130L5-OUSSP_RTROPTP_3_SPORTS-US-FOOTBALL-NFL-SUPERBOWL-ANTHEM.JPG

Chicago has violence everyday. Doing google to research World Series violence in Chicago is kind of a stretch. Don't you think? Perhaps we should research the Chicago mayhem after the White Sox World Series and the three Stanley Cup titles by the Blackhawks. Drunks...yes. Fights....ask the drunks. Mayhem.....Allstate wasn't really all that busy those nights.

Toby, the way you wrote it made it sound like nothing had ever happened after a championship season in Chicago unlike Philly and we can turn up our noses at them people

Chicago is used to winning titles I guess, so setting fires and over turning cars is so cliche'. Don't recall that happening after the Blackhawks, White Sox, and Cubs. Now, if you want to discuss Chicago crime in general, now we can agree. In fact, besides the shootings and murders, the city has called the Feds to help out with their car jacking problem. It's a fun beautiful city with great food and entertainment clouded by an in your face homeless situation and violent crime.

Chicago is used to winning titles I guess, so setting fires and over turning cars is so cliche'. Don't recall that happening after the Blackhawks, White Sox, and Cubs. Now, if you want to discuss Chicago crime in general, now we can agree. In fact, besides the shootings and murders, the city has called the Feds to help out with their car jacking problem. It's a fun beautiful city with great food and entertainment clouded by an in your face homeless situation and violent crime.

please hold the arrogant sarcasm. google found burning vehicles with the cubs. I am sure we can find others. gives us a break with the snootiness

Man, you are really trying hard to justify the Philly fan riots of 2018. Using google to research Cub fans? That's a hot one. Did you research the three Blackhawk celebrations, the White Sox, the Bulls, and go back to the '85 Bears in your research? I don't care if Philly fans burn the place to the ground. I had no dog in that fight. I didn't even watch the damn game for crying out loud. But don't act like Philly fans will be fans. Even Dennis, Sweet Dee, and Charlie were embarrassed.

Man, you are really trying hard to justify the Philly fan riots of 2018. Using google to research Cub fans? That's a hot one. Did you research the three Blackhawk celebrations, the White Sox, the Bulls, and go back to the '85 Bears in your research? I don't care if Philly fans burn the place to the ground. I had no dog in that fight. I didn't even watch the damn game for crying out loud. But don't act like Philly fans will be fans. Even Dennis, Sweet Dee, and Charlie were embarrassed.

Chicago in all their championships never resorted to what we saw in Philadelphia which was an embarrassment to that city. As a few have stated on this board, Philly fans were going to riot and destroy things win or lose.

Chicago in all their championships never resorted to what we saw in Philadelphia which was an embarrassment to that city. As a few have stated on this board, Philly fans were going to riot and destroy things win or lose.

most were college students of which 50% of these students are not from Philly. Also, to say it does not happen in my city or another is not true at all. Essentially that is the argument you and Toby are making. Google is our friends. As I said even in Tucson when Arizona won an NC the rioting and fighting existed on a much smaller scale. The mass drunkards and other idiots did not help in Philly and let's face it some people wil do this no matter what.

most were college students of which 50% of these students are not from Philly. Also, to say it does not happen in my city or another is not true at all. Essentially that is the argument you and Toby are making. Google is our friends. As I said even in Tucson when Arizona won an NC the rioting and fighting existed on a much smaller scale. The mass drunkards and other idiots did not help in Philly and let's face it some people wil do this no matter what.

OK, so now you say most were college students without proof and really it doesn't matter, it was embarrassing but predictable for Philadelphia. Google me the pictures of cars on fire, street light poles pulled down and the things that happened in Philly from any of the Chicago celebrations........Equating the possible isolated drunken fight with the smashed store windows, police scanners that couldn't keep up with the rioting and destroyed property in Philly is a pretty thin argument..

OK, so now you say most were college students without proof and really it doesn't matter, it was embarrassing but predictable for Philadelphia. Google me the pictures of cars on fire, street light poles pulled down and the things that happened in Philly from any of the Chicago celebrations........Equating the possible isolated drunken fight with the smashed store windows, police scanners that couldn't keep up with the rioting and destroyed property in Philly is a pretty thin argument..

what bs was all on broad street

I told people this was WORST D that bellyache and co. EVER brought to the SB. they schemed their weakness after the 1st 4 games. and ended up with this high # in the red zone. Philly was the best team all yr from start to finish. and Wentz getting hurt was a blessing in disguise. Because I did not think if he would have started the SB he would have beaten NE. he didn't have the exp. that Foles did. and bellyache would have forced him into mistakes.

the Steelers did the SAME EXACT thing to NE D. and this was without Antonio Brown. he left game early with calf injury. and they went up and down the field all game long. and if that bogus Jesse James TD wasn't over turned NE would have been the #2 seed and might not even made the SB.

after watching the SB. the Steelers D collapsed with the loss of Shazier. BUT what I saw in that SB is as long as you got a O that score you can win the SB. I like D personally and I hate that the Steelers have transformed into a high scoring O. but that is the nfl these days.

Reactions: nemeth#5
ADVERTISEMENT