ADVERTISEMENT

College Football Offensive Schemes (ALL)

Jun 25, 2018
https://www.scouttrout.com/breaking-news/intro-to-college-football-offensive-formations-and-schemes

THE OPENING

Each year new offensive and defensive schemes arise throughout the world of football and our implemented to deceive opponents. Teaching these concepts and being a master of deception is a part of the game I was lucky enough to learn at a very young age. This higher intellect of knowing how to bewilder your opponent into believing you are about to run the same play that they seen in film study. Only to have a completely new variation that is able to leave all eleven defenders looking like deer in headlights. Mass confusion is always a great way to win a game and take control of your opponent mentally. Once you establish your opponents mental capacity to adapt, now you can target the weak links in a opposing defense and EXPLOIT that area of the field or one on one match ups. See, to most highly intellectual coaches, the game is not won and lost on the field. Most top coaches, believe they can put ANY athlete that fits their "SYSTEM" in that role and still be effective enough to win ball games. I have learned throughout my career that these coaches are very hard to find and are very unwilling to give up their secrets, as this is what got them employed and to the level they are at. Luckily, if you are adept enough and know psychology, you can figure out how most of this WINNING is being done and why some coaches sit atop the world of football year in and year out.

MY PHILOSOPHY
Knowing every single play ever ran in a football game and having every college/pro style system ingrained in my head from over 25 years of learning at the highest level. I will happily give away my game plan every week and have many similar "variations" off of that play, which leaves the defense to play a guessing game. Lining up in the same formation and running the same play 50 different ways with slight variations, throws the defensive players off who are taught to read certain "keys". Being able to flip from a power style run game to a spread-option or run and shoot attack instantly by adjusting personnel makes them have to adjust accordingly. In most cases, if ran as a cohesive unit, defenses will not have enough time to adapt and will be left feeling very insecure and deflated once we are done using are exploitative tactics. I found a play of Daimarqua Foster on his teammates highlights Johnny Taylor where he carried out one of the most beautiful "screen fakes" I had seen a HIGH caliber back perform. This confirms my grade of Foster and the football IQ that he possesses as the top player in the nation. I gauge players A LOT differently than Rivals, 247 or any other network, as I know EXACTLY how that player can and will be utilized, at the next level. This helps me really know a players true worth when it is all said and done, as there are KEY attributes you look for in each "system fit", for each individual player. I am going to list some examples below, as there happens to be millions of intricacies that make this "barbaric" sport, more of a chess match for people like myself.

Read the rest by clicking the link above to learn about every different college style offense used in today's game.

I absolutely agree with the authors level at the pro level. However you have to take with a grain of salt when attempting to leverage at levels where there is limited allowed interaction between coaches and players. If you have limited time especially if you have young players it is more important to establish an identity first. It is better to do one thing well then ten things badly.
A perfect case study is the play of the UM offensive line between 2016 and 2017. What you described worked in 2016 because the Oline was composed of 3 seniors and one junior. All sorts of smoke & mirrors could be added to not only introduce subtle wrinkles to base plays but do exotic things. This failed in 2017 because not only is the Oline much younger but even more complexity was thrown at it.

Then there are individuals like Weis and Borges who refuse to key in on doing anything well and think they can run an offense by a eclectic set of plays that have no coherence.

https://www.scouttrout.com/breaking-news/intro-to-college-football-offensive-formations-and-schemes

THE OPENING

Each year new offensive and defensive schemes arise throughout the world of football and our implemented to deceive opponents. Teaching these concepts and being a master of deception is a part of the game I was lucky enough to learn at a very young age. This higher intellect of knowing how to bewilder your opponent into believing you are about to run the same play that they seen in film study. Only to have a completely new variation that is able to leave all eleven defenders looking like deer in headlights. Mass confusion is always a great way to win a game and take control of your opponent mentally. Once you establish your opponents mental capacity to adapt, now you can target the weak links in a opposing defense and EXPLOIT that area of the field or one on one match ups. See, to most highly intellectual coaches, the game is not won and lost on the field. Most top coaches, believe they can put ANY athlete that fits their "SYSTEM" in that role and still be effective enough to win ball games. I have learned throughout my career that these coaches are very hard to find and are very unwilling to give up their secrets, as this is what got them employed and to the level they are at. Luckily, if you are adept enough and know psychology, you can figure out how most of this WINNING is being done and why some coaches sit atop the world of football year in and year out.

MY PHILOSOPHY
Knowing every single play ever ran in a football game and having every college/pro style system ingrained in my head from over 25 years of learning at the highest level. I will happily give away my game plan every week and have many similar "variations" off of that play, which leaves the defense to play a guessing game. Lining up in the same formation and running the same play 50 different ways with slight variations, throws the defensive players off who are taught to read certain "keys". Being able to flip from a power style run game to a spread-option or run and shoot attack instantly by adjusting personnel makes them have to adjust accordingly. In most cases, if ran as a cohesive unit, defenses will not have enough time to adapt and will be left feeling very insecure and deflated once we are done using are exploitative tactics. I found a play of Daimarqua Foster on his teammates highlights Johnny Taylor where he carried out one of the most beautiful "screen fakes" I had seen a HIGH caliber back perform. This confirms my grade of Foster and the football IQ that he possesses as the top player in the nation. I gauge players A LOT differently than Rivals, 247 or any other network, as I know EXACTLY how that player can and will be utilized, at the next level. This helps me really know a players true worth when it is all said and done, as there are KEY attributes you look for in each "system fit", for each individual player. I am going to list some examples below, as there happens to be millions of intricacies that make this "barbaric" sport, more of a chess match for people like myself.

Read the rest by clicking the link above to learn about every different college style offense used in today's game.
Yawn.

ADVERTISEMENT