ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches poll is out

Good. I honestly think we should be ranked with a lone loss to a Top10 UGA, but no reason to complain. Lots of football left.

I would use the FEI/S&P+ ranking algorithm at footballoutsiders to get an idea of how teams are stacking up this early. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/fplus

Heading into week 4, ND was ranked 17th, MSU was ranked 33rd.

After yesterday's big win, once this system updates, ND will likely be squarely somewhere in the top 10-15.

Reactions: Bodizephax
That is ridiculous. ND lost once by a single point to a top 10 team. They "deserve" a ranking over other teams who have lost and not played a quality opponent. Plus I actually think they are a decent team.

Why does the coaches poll even exist? Who honestly thinks these coaches saw any of the games? Outside of their last game and their next opponent, I don't believe they watch very much. I think you would get a more accurate poll calling random Canadians on the phone.

That is ridiculous. ND lost once by a single point to a top 10 team. They "deserve" a ranking over other teams who have lost and not played a quality opponent. Plus I actually think they are a decent team.

I generally agree. But the best game on ND's resume is that loss. Beating a good team would help a lot.

This is good. I always say Notre Dame is always overrated — until they aren't.

I don't think this team is that great, but they have a shot of finishing well if they fix some things.

AP poll is out. ND is 22nd.

1. Bama
2. Clemson
3. Oklahoma
4. PSU
5. USC
6. Washington
7. Georgia
8. Michigan
9. TCU
10. Wisconsin
11. OSU
12. Virginia Tech
13. Auburn
14. Miami
15. Oklahoma State
16. Washington State
17. Louisville
18. USF
19. San Diego State
20. Utah
21. Florida
22. Notre Dame
23. WVU
24. Miss. State
25. LSU

http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll

So through week 4 ND is 3-1 with all of their wins by 20+ points, and only have a 1 point loss to the 7th ranked team in the country.

Not a bad place to be through the first 3rd of the season.

How and tf is Florida State ranked and 0-2? That is beyond disgusting

The Coaches' Poll is a joke. The AP has ND 22nd, and FSU unranked.

The ESPN FPI Index has ND 10th (and Michigan 17th). That's probably a more accurate measure of team strength than a popularity contest poll is.

The only poll that matters is the one at the end of the season with top 4 making the playoffs.
Right now, I am impress with how the D is performing and how Love could have 1 or 2 more picks if he'd just learn to turn his head when the ball is in the air.

Reactions: chaseball
ADVERTISEMENT