ADVERTISEMENT

Clausen vs Buchner

Gotta love the posters that rip into a player unmercifully like saying “clausen was 10 times the qb” that book was, but then say “I hope he gets drafted”. Yeah, sure you do. Lol
WHy? Book was/is an ND guy. EVeryone wanted book to be amazing, he just wasn't. Why would people not want good things to happen to him? I hope he does get drafted but I don't think he should. It's called having an honest opinion, not blinders. Clausen was literally better at everything compared to book other than scrambling, and possibly leadership (not sure about books leadership, i think it was probably there in easy games and practices but he was deer in headlights during big games where the opposition had a good defense).

I hope book crushes the NFL, don't think he will though. It would be bitter sweet if he all of a sudden had pocket presence, reads defense post snap, and throws over middle and downfield with accuracy. But it can happen. It would probably make me realize Kelly is even worse than I think at developing QBs. I think kelly is a really good coach except for the most important position on the field.

Gotta love the posters that rip into a player unmercifully like saying “clausen was 10 times the qb” that book was, but then say “I hope he gets drafted”. Yeah, sure you do. Lol
Ripped into a player "unmercifully"? Aren't we being a bit dramatic lol? No what the poster was saying about Clausen was ripping and just untrue. Also if you are so obtuse you cannot see I was poking the bear, or in this case the ocd for Book nut, then can't really much help you there. As far as Book yes I do hope he gets a shot. I think he's earned it. But sadly his poor pro day didn't not help him. I think he was like 2 for 12 or something like that on the long ball. Was hoping he would do better.

Last edited:
Ripped into a player "unmercifully"? Aren't we being a bit dramatic lol? No what the poster was saying about Clausen was ripping and just untrue. Also if you are so obtuse you cannot see I was poking the bear, or in this case the ocd for Book nut, then can't really much help you there
You talking about me, huh? I guess I did a little bit. But I wouid say that it's warranted. Because on every possible level as I said, Ian Book>>>JC. You gotta be a pretty pathetic character to disagree with that. It could be your opinion, which you have a right to, but that doesn't make it any less pathetic.

I figured you were poking the bear, as you put it, and I would assume that you lied about JC signing autographs, and the only reason you even give a shit at all in any way is you resent me lording it over the haters. Doesn't matter about Ian Book, Clausen, anything.... That would be my guess. You want to be free to have your banal, drooling, mindless blathering conversation without getting any shit for it. And if that includes being all dismissive and hating on Ian Book because that's the lowest common denominator level on these boards, then so be it.

Which sucks for me because I just don't want to hear Ian Book getting run down by you guys, and I don't really care if its your 'opinion'. I have no particular expectations that you guys have anything worthwhile to say as fans. It is what it is. But I draw the line at the Book bashing.

So that's where I'm coming from.

You talking about me, huh? I guess I did a little bit. But I wouid say that it's warranted. Because on every possible level as I said, Ian Book>>>JC. You gotta be a pretty pathetic character to disagree with that. It could be your opinion, which you have a right to, but that doesn't make it any less pathetic.

I figured you were poking the bear, as you put it, and I would assume that you lied about JC signing autographs, and the only reason you even give a shit at all in any way is you resent me lording it over the haters. Doesn't matter about Ian Book, Clausen, anything.... That would be my guess. You want to be free to have your banal, drooling, mindless blathering conversation without getting any shit for it. And if that includes being all dismissive and hating on Ian Book because that's the lowest common denominator level on these boards, then so be it.

Which sucks for me because I just don't want to hear Ian Book getting run down by you guys, and I don't really care if its your 'opinion'. I have no particular expectations that you guys have anything worthwhile to say as fans. It is what it is. But I draw the line at the Book bashing.

Somebody has an Ian book Crush...... He's not a bad looking guy if that's your thing.

Makes sense now

Reactions: Golson5

You're weird.

You're weird.
Okay, cool. Just STFU about Ian Book and we'll get along fine. Like I say, my expectations for posters like yourself as bright and affable ND fans and conversationalists are low to non-existent. Just don't be unbearable and stop being toxic on the subject of Ian Book.

Okay, cool. Just STFU about Ian Book and we'll get along fine. Like I say, my expectations for posters like yourself as bright and affable ND fans and conversationalists are low to non-existent. Just don't be unbearable and stop being toxic on the subject of Ian Book.
No one cares about getting along with you. Stop being so freaking weird. Your man crushes and saying weird things is a little off. If guys are your thing, cool. But leave it off the board

Reactions: irish4life9999
Okay, cool. Just STFU about Ian
You're seeing an entire team of psychologist ain't ya little fella lol. Now I like Book he's a gamer and never gives up. It's not his fault he's short with a weak arm and cannot get the ball past 20 yards accurately. With a little luck he can sign as a free agent with a team. You can make a pretty good living being third or fourth string on some obscure practice team. Heck anyone here would take that job. I bet you would wash Ian's shorts for free lol!

Last edited:
You're seeing an entire team of psychologist ain't ya little fella lol. Now I like Book he's a gamer and never gives up. It's not his fault he's short with a weak arm and cannot get the ball past 20 yards accurately. With a little luck he can sign as a free agent with a team. You can make a pretty good living being third or fourth string on some obscure practice team. Heck anyone here would take that job. I bet you would wash Ian's shorts for free lol!
Alright, man.... you about done?

“Ripped into a player "unmercifully"? Aren't we being a bit dramatic lol? No what the poster was saying about Clausen was ripping and just untrue. Also if you are so obtuse you cannot see I was poking the bear, or in this case the ocd for Book nut, then can't really much help you there. As far as Book yes I do hope he gets a shot. I think he's earned it. But sadly his poor pro day didn't not help him. I think he was like 2 for 12 or something like that on the long ball. Was hoping he would do better.”

I thought clausen was a really good qb that was hindered by an offensive line that had finally gotten caught up to due to ty’s dismal o-line recruiting. Also, he had a shitty defense. I never said book was better than clausen. I don’t know who I’d take if I had the choice.
As for book’s pro day, he wasn’t 2-12 in deep balls, and it didn’t negatively or positively affect his draft status according to the so called experts so maybe you’re being a little overly dramatic in your supposed “worry” over him not being picked.

“It's not his fault he's short with a weak arm and cannot get the ball past 20 yards accurately.”

nah, that’s not ripping him unmercifully. Lol

Just another typical BBC member spouting their usual nonsense on the subject.

Alright, man.... you about done?

“It's not his fault he's short with a weak arm and cannot get the ball past 20 yards accurately.”

nah, that’s not ripping him unmercifully. Lol

Just another typical BBC member spouting their usual nonsense on the subject.
Dear lord, even after I spelled it out you don't get it. Not too quick on the uptake huh! Ok time to zoom and tennis at the Eck tonight. You all have a good night! Don't believe me fine call Sue at the front desk and ask who's on court 4!

Dear lord, even after I spelled it out you don't get it. Not too quick on the uptake huh! Ok time to zoom and tennis at the Eck tonight. You all have a good night! Don't believe me fine call Sue at the front desk and ask who's on court 4!
You could have told us you were a troll from the start. It was always pretty likely, but nevertheless....

“Dear lord, even after I spelled it out you don't get it. Not too quick on the uptake huh! Ok time to zoom and tennis at the Eck tonight. You all have a good night! Don't believe me fine call Sue at the front desk and ask who's on court 4!”

??I’d respond if I had a clue what any of this means.

Weis did far more damage to the program then good. Brady Quin and co baled his sorry ass out.
He did and I didn't say he didn't. The one thing he did do that he get's very little credit for is recruiting. I'm not talking about recruiting better players I'm talking about setting up the protocol to allow us to be successful in recruiting. Before Weis ND was always months behind other programs offering too many elite players.

They'd have to go through admissions, which took forever, before they could offer a player. Weis worked with admissions to come up with a way to offer kids early. This was/is invaluable because too many times in the past these kids had already developed relationships with other coaches and schools by the time ND came in with an offer and it was too late by then.

Overall, CW was a terrible coach but fixing that was key to any success. I'm not sure this would have been possible if Weis wasn't an alum.

“Why?? Book was/is an ND guy. EVeryone wanted book to be amazing, he just wasn't. Why would people not want good things to happen to him? I hope he does get drafted but I don't think he should. It's called having an honest opinion, not blinders. Clausen was literally better at everything compared to book other than scrambling, and possibly leadership (not sure about books leadership, i think it was probably there in easy games and practices but he was deer in headlights during big games where the opposition had a good defense).

I hope book crushes the NFL, don't think he will though. It would be bitter sweet if he all of a sudden had pocket presence, reads defense post snap, and throws over middle and downfield with accuracy. But it can happen. It would probably make me realize Kelly is even worse than I think at developing QBs. I think kelly is a really good coach except for the most important position on the field.”

More drivel from the prez. What’s the matter, nasty, book hasn’t made you look dumb enough already? Your analysis is worth zilch on the subject.

And stop pretending you want him to get drafted. You’d love nothing more than to sprint to the board if he doesn’t and scream “I told you so”. You have a weird hatred for a really good player. Strange bunch your club is.

And stop pretending you want him to get drafted. You’d love nothing more than to sprint to the board if he doesn’t and scream “I told you so”. You have a weird hatred for a really good player. Strange bunch your club is.
I will be disappointed for book if he isn’t drafted. He’s a good guy and played his heart out at ND. he just wasn’t the player ND needed to be competitive vs the best teams.
I thought kraemer was overrated but hope he gets drafted, I thought Hayes underperformed and was always a step late last year but hope he gets drafted.

“Why?? Book was/is an ND guy. EVeryone wanted book to be amazing, he just wasn't. Why would people not want good things to happen to him? I hope he does get drafted but I don't think he should. It's called having an honest opinion, not blinders. Clausen was literally better at everything compared to book other than scrambling, and possibly leadership (not sure about books leadership, i think it was probably there in easy games and practices but he was deer in headlights during big games where the opposition had a good defense).

I hope book crushes the NFL, don't think he will though. It would be bitter sweet if he all of a sudden had pocket presence, reads defense post snap, and throws over middle and downfield with accuracy. But it can happen. It would probably make me realize Kelly is even worse than I think at developing QBs. I think kelly is a really good coach except for the most important position on the field.”

More drivel from the prez. What’s the matter, nasty, book hasn’t made you look dumb enough already? Your analysis is worth zilch on the subject.
Similar to yours

I will be disappointed for book if he isn’t drafted. He’s a good guy and played his heart out at ND. he just wasn’t the player ND needed to be competitive vs the best teams.
I thought kraemer was overrated but hope he gets drafted, I thought Hayes underperformed and was always a step late last year but hope he gets drafted.
I hope Book gets drafted as well. Good kid

Sure you do, golson. And no, his drivel isn’t similar to mine. Your group is the one that called him a backup, a coward, a turnover machine, will never beat an elite team, that any serviceable qb could do the same on that team, and that he should be benched multiple times throughout his career, so don’t give the board this happy horseshit that you wanna see him get drafted, it insults the non-BBC intelligence on the board. All I’ve done is say that he was a really good player, led us to a great 3 year stretch, scoring at a program record clip, was recognized by the heisman voters as a top 10 finisher, and was the starting qb (the most important position on the field when we lose but not so important when we win according to your clown club) for two undefeated regular season playoff teams and that he doesn’t deserve some of the over the top criticism that’s been hurled his way by all of your group, even though you say that don’t do so, your past posts prove that to be BS. If he doesn’t get drafted tonite, it’ll be the first time the BBC was right in any of the predictions and projections for him as a player. Good luck w/ him not getting picked. Maybe you’ll be right about the subject for once.

Reactions: savvyandsassier
Honestly, what does it matter if he gets drafted? It does not validate or invalidate his time here at ND in any way. The NFL and CFB are so different now that having success in one or the other is not an indicator on how good you were or will be.

I wish him (and every former ND player) happiness and success in whatever they do but I could not care less about what they do in the NFL, I care about what they do at ND

Reactions: francade
Sure you do, golson. And no, his drivel isn’t similar to mine. Your group is the one that called him a backup, a coward, a turnover machine, will never beat an elite team, that any serviceable qb could do the same on that team, and that he should be benched multiple times throughout his career, so don’t give the board this happy horseshit that you wanna see him get drafted, it insults the non-BBC intelligence on the board. All I’ve done is say that he was a really good player, led us to a great 3 year stretch, scoring at a program record clip, was recognized by the heisman voters as a top 10 finisher, and was the starting qb (the most important position on the field when we lose but not so important when we win according to your clown club) for two undefeated regular season playoff teams and that he doesn’t deserve some of the over the top criticism that’s been hurled his way by all of your group, even though you say that don’t do so, your past posts prove that to be BS. If he doesn’t get drafted tonite, it’ll be the first time the BBC was right in any of the predictions and projections for him as a player. Good luck w/ him not getting picked. Maybe you’ll be right about the subject for once.
Show me where I called him a coward. Never said it. And half of that other stuff too for that matter.

I've said what I always said about Book. Hes a solid qb. Not elite, not trash. He was surrounded by a lot of really good players and there was about 15 to 20 or so QB's who could have done the same or better.

I'll also say what Ive said about him and the draft. I think he gets goes anywhere from the 6th rd to undrafted. I would not draft him but I could see him being a backup somewhere. But I hope he gets drafted. Good kid

I'm sorry you get butt hurt by this.

Last edited:
He never did beat an elite team

“Show me where I called him a coward. Never said it. And half of that other stuff too for that matter.

I've said what I always said about Book. Hes a solid qb. Not elite, not trash. He was surrounded by a lot of really good players and there was about 15 to 20 or so QB's who could have done the same or better.

I'll also say what Ive said about him and the draft. I think he gets goes anywhere from the 6th rd to undrafted. I would not draft him but I could see him being a backup somewhere. But I hope he gets drafted. Good kid

I'm sorry you get butt hurt by this.”

I’m talking about the sad little club you’re in w/ a handful of others here. I can’t keep track of who said what in your strange, little petty group but I know you’re a charter member. And if you’re butt hurt about being called a BBC member, I’m not all that sorry about it.

“He never did beat an elite team”

your analysis on the subject is shit. Not sure why you keep posting about it when you’ve been wrong throughout its entirety.

If Jimmy Clausen was playing qb for ND from 2015 until present, ND would have 1 natty. Name me a qb at ND who threw a better deep ball than JC while at ND.

“Show me where I called him a coward. Never said it. And half of that other stuff too for that matter.

I’m talking about the sad little club you’re in w/ a handful of others here. I can’t keep track of who said what in your strange, little petty group but I know you’re a charter member. And if you’re butt hurt about being called a BBC member, I’m not all that sorry about it.
I dont even know what BBC is. So yeah it really hurts me. Another tool right here

What's laughable about fans like you if anyone does not gush over every coach or player you get your panties in a bunch and call them haters, and fake fans. No one here was bashing Book. They/I called him a mediocre college qb. I wouldn't list him top ten. But appreciate that he gave it his all and hooe he gets paid.

“I dont even know what BBC is. So yeah it really hurts me. Another tool right here”

you don’t even know the name of the club you’re in? Lol. It’s pretty easy to figure out if you’re not a dumbass. You’re out of luck I guess. Ask one of the others in the club maybe. There’s a few charter members right here on this thread.

“Wimbush vs um or vs msu probably best teams we’ve beat in 5 years”

Still pining for wimbush I see. Lol

“What's laughable about fans like you if anyone does not gush over every coach or player you get your panties in a bunch and call them haters, and fake fans. No one here was bashing Book. They/I called him a mediocre college qb. I wouldn't list him top ten. But appreciate that he gave it his all and hooe he gets paid.”

what’s laughable about fans like you is that you think being critical of a player from a team that you supposedly root for gives you some kind of an edge in the truth. It doesn’t. And if you think book was a “mediocre” qb, you’re as uninformed on the subject as any on this thread. Kinda like that know it all from Canada that ran away when book made him look like an idiot for the umpteenth time.

“I dont even know what BBC is. So yeah it really hurts me. Another tool right here”

you don’t even know the name of the club you’re in? Lol. It’s pretty easy to figure out if you’re not a dumbass. You’re out of luck I guess. Ask one of the others in the club maybe. There’s a few charter members right here on this thread.
Id ask if I cared but I don't so oh well. I'm really hurt about it

If Jimmy Clausen was playing qb for ND from 2015 until present, ND would have 1 natty. Name me a qb at ND who threw a better deep ball than JC while at ND.
That's a bit of a stretch but I would like to have seen JC in play for Kelly in 2010.

Reactions: francade
Under Kelly we've finished by year....... unranked, unranked, 4th, 20th,unkranked, 11th, unranked, 11th, 5th, 12th, 5th

So even if you put the unranked to 26th place that puts us at an average of 16th place. Worse than our average recruiting ranking by year.

Yes we've made it to the NC and 2 playoffs, and yes I think Kelly and staff do a good job coaching, recruiting and developing most positions, just not QB.
I don't think averaging it out like that makes sense. The fact that we made the playoffs twice is what matters.

ADVERTISEMENT