ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Tyree

Quest4Twelve

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Aug 31, 2009
I get the Tarheel defense was atrocious, however I hope Tommy realizes that Chris Tyree in the backfield along with mixing in 1st down high % pass plays is what this offense needs. After getting the defense on it's heels then bring Audric and Diggs.

I get the Tarheel defense was atrocious, however I hope Tommy realizes that Chris Tyree in the backfield along with mixing in 1st down high % pass plays is what this offense needs. After getting the defense on it's heels then bring Audric and Diggs.
I hope he realizes to use a one two punch of Audric and Tyree with Diggs used more sparingly

Tyree is by far the best back, I know Estime ran wild but through gaping holes against UNC. He lacks a bit of vision/patience at this stage but will be a great one if he continues to develop

They work very well together. Keep them fresh, Tyree is more of the Aaron Jones to Estime being the AJ Dillon. Let's go Irish!

Tyree is by far the best back, I know Estime ran wild but through gaping holes against UNC. He lacks a bit of vision/patience at this stage but will be a great one if he continues to develop
No he isn't.

He looks top flight against a NC but he's exactly the recipe a smaller but much quicker defense is hoping for ...like an OSU...

Estime is a load and he's the back that turns 2-3 yard carries in the first half into 5-7 yards per carry come 3rd/4th quarter.

Example...the OSU safety after getting hammered once from Estime short armed his next tackle attempt. That was in the 2nd quarter mind you.

Our OC can't see those things and decided Estime needed extra rest for the Marshall game....apparently.

No he isn't.

He looks top flight against a NC but he's exactly the recipe a smaller but much quicker defense is hoping for ...like an OSU...

Estime is a load and he's the back that turns 2-3 yard carries in the first half into 5-7 yards per carry come 3rd/4th quarter.

Example...the OSU safety after getting hammered once from Estime short armed his next tackle attempt. That was in the 2nd quarter mind you.

Our OC can't see those things and decided Estime needed extra rest for the Marshall game....apparently.
🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: ohio1980
No he isn't.

200w.gif

Yep. He's flawless. Never makes any mistakes.... ever
No no, your right, whew, he should be scouring the messages from the likes of this message board for our recommendations. My bad, thanks for helping, I'm sure coach is very appreciative.

No no, your right, whew, he should be scouring the messages from the likes of this message board for our recommendations. My bad, thanks for helping, I'm sure coach is very appreciative.
No he shouldn't.

But that doesn't make him always correct. He makes mistakes like every one of us

You probably think the President doesn't make any mistakes either right? He's in that job, you're not. So everything he says and does is the correct move. You can't have any opinion whatsoever. And you can never have done anything different than him. You're a sheep

Reactions: Chitown11
No he shouldn't.

But that doesn't make him always correct. He makes mistakes like every one of us

You probably think the President doesn't make any mistakes either right? He's in that job, you're not. So everything he says and does is the correct move. You can't have any opinion whatsoever. And you can never have done anything different than him. You're a sheep
I'm no sheep; I trust our coaches. You know the ones who get paid to win games; who recruited these players; who are with them every practice. You have to be a moron to think anybody on this message board knows better. But hey that's your call, oh no, sorry, your opinion

I'm no sheep; I trust our coaches. You know the ones who get paid to win games; who recruited these players; who are with them every practice. You have to be a moron to think anybody on this message board knows better. But hey that's your call, oh no, sorry, your opinion
Sorry, but I just don’t agree. I’m 100% positive there are people on this board that know more about football than Willingham, and he was HC at ND for a while. If you want to suck the farts out of Rees’ butthole, go for it. But I certainly won’t. His offenses are mediocre, at their absolute best.

Reactions: Chitown11
Sorry, but I just don’t agree. I’m 100% positive there are people on this board that know more about football than Willingham, and he was HC at ND for a while. If you want to suck the farts out of Rees’ butthole, go for it. But I certainly won’t. His offenses are mediocre, at their absolute best.
Proving what an immature dipshit you are. Carry on asshole

Yeah and the President of the US was elected. He gets paid too. You have to be a moron if you don't question his decisions at times.

Only a moron would trust someone 100%. Lawyers get paid, judges get paid, police get paid, politicians paid, accountants get paid. They all know more than you in their field. I guess they are infallible as well?

Sheep sheep sheep

Reactions: mmca and Chitown11
Yeah and the President of the US was elected. He gets paid too. You have to be a moron if you don't question his decisions at times.

Only a moron would trust someone 100%. Lawyers get paid, judges get paid, police get paid, politicians paid, accountants get paid. They all know more than you in their field. I guess they are infallible as well?

Sheep sheep sheep
So you know more about notre dame's personnel, is that what you're saying? Based on what information that you have??? Come on tell me.

Oh, and please stop proving your maturity level. It's quite evident

So you know more about notre dame's personnel, is that what you're saying? Based on what information that you have??? Come on tell me.

Oh, and please stop proving your maturity level. It's quite evident
Nope. Not saying that at all. I said very clearly Tommy Rees knows more football than I ever will. I Dont claim to know more than him nor have I ever said I do

But he is not perfect. No one is. People make mistakes just like in every profession. But according to you, you cant question anyone ever if you arent in that profession. Sheep sheep sheep

You asking that moronic question shows your ignorance and immaturity

Reactions: mmca and Chitown11
Nope. Not saying that at all. I said very clearly Tommy Rees knows more football than I ever will. I Dont claim to know more than him nor have I ever said I do

But he is not perfect. No one is. People make mistakes just like in every profession. But according to you, you cant question anyone ever if you arent in that profession. Sheep sheep sheep

You asking that moronic question shows your ignorance and immaturity
Nice try twisting that. I never once said he doesn't make mistakes, you did. This thread was/is talking about opinions on personnel decisions, with what players should be playing; As if coach Rees doesn't know. Nobody on this board knows who should or shouldn't be playing more than the coaches; to think otherwise is stupid.

Obviously it's not just maturity in question, but reading comprehension as well

Nice try twisting that. I never once said he doesn't make mistakes, you did. This thread was/is talking about opinions on personnel decisions, with what players should be playing; As if coach Rees doesn't know. Nobody on this board knows who should or shouldn't be playing more than the coaches; to think otherwise is stupid.

Obviously it's not just maturity in question, but reading comprehension as well
So you're saying he never make any personnel decision mistakes. I know what you're saying

It's sheep talk. He's infallible to you

So you're saying he never make any personnel decision mistakes. I know what you're saying

It's sheep talk. He's infallible to you
This guy better never ever ever question his boss’ directives. No shot he knows more than someone in a higher position than him.

Misuse of RBs has been consistent since BK arrived over a decade ago. I think Tommy inherited this seeming total lack of awareness.

Misuse? According to who? Tell me it's the know nothingd on this board. You must be in that group.
Yeah who would have been better?
Question, since he has quit on the team and won’t practice or play in anymore games, is he now kicked out of school since he is/was on scholarship?
Bill Snyder would remove him from athlete housing, if we had it.

This thread was/is talking about opinions on personnel decisions, with what players should be playing; As if coach Rees doesn't know. Nobody on this board knows who should or shouldn't be playing more than the coaches; to think otherwise is stupid.
This is a completely absurd statement.
Outside of yourself
you've no idea who and what real experience any poster here has/had in or around the actual game.
You assume because someone is on a message board they've no experience and or an eye for evaluation.
Tommy Rees is 30 years old. Not coaching for 30 mind you....he's just thirty years of age. Believe this or not but there are some posters here who've had at least as many years involved in the game as Rees has been alive.

Moreover just because someone holds a title of "coach" doesn't mean they're good at it. It also certainly doesn't mean they are perfect.

Look no further than Brian Kelly. Many years experience...much more than TR...yet he started and played (sometimes far too excruciatingly long) the wrong QB.
I'm not at practice every single day but it took me a few passing plays to see how inaccurate Wimbush was. Now to give a chance perhaps his arm was sore...but after a third straight game of sailed throws, errant, short and just off target it was clear to me he was a very poor passer. Crystal.

Do you recall the night game against NC in a bit of drizzle? Wimbush couldn't play so Ian Book had to.
It was immediately clear he was an accurate passer. At least miles more than Wimbush.
Hell the receiver's body language showed an excitement from getting a better, more catchable pass thrown.

Just the QB position alone...which is the most important one...was a complete adventure under Brian Kelly.

Trust me when I tell you but Mr. Rees isn't always right. He's not always wrong but he most certainly isn't always right.

Sorry

Yeah who would have been better?

Bill Snyder would remove him from athlete housing, if we had it.
Oh my...good old Bill Snyder...

If only....that old S.O.B. (said in jest) didn't lose to Baylor.... Brian Kelly probably gets a title in 2012.

What I don't understand is why don't we use BOTH (yes BOTH) Tyree and Estime in the same backfield at the same time.

We're short on WRs and Tyree is a good receiver, and we can use him coming out of the backfield on passing plays. For running plays, design plays where either can get the ball and force the defenses to play honest and not gang up on the first guy they think has it.

Look at what Green Bay has done, using both Dillon and Jones at the same time.

What I don't understand is why don't we use BOTH (yes BOTH) Tyree and Estime in the same backfield at the same time.

We're short on WRs and Tyree is a good receiver, and we can use him coming out of the backfield on passing plays. For running plays, design plays where either can get the ball and force the defenses to play honest and not gang up on the first guy they think has it.

Wwweeellllllll...

Nobody else does and TR is just like every other OC/HC...
Do what everyone else does that way if you fail it wouldn't dare be from doing something different.

The entire ND offense is stale.

Because it makes sense.

ADVERTISEMENT