ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Tyree down the stretch

Quest4Twelve

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Aug 31, 2009
Kyren has been a huge surprise this year and love his running style/attitude. But why does it seem like down the stretch Tyree doesn't come in to spell him? Has he fumbled this year?

I believe Kyren was banged up at the end of the BC game.

I was thinking maybe that was the case yesterday as well???

Is this a serious question? Why don't we take ouy our best offensive player, our most inspired, intense, clutch, overall badass player probably on the whole team including Ian Book, in a tight one-score game that could make or break our season for a true freshman - why DON'T we do that???

Am I taking crazy pills or something? And that's an actual straightforward question?

A question like that doesn't really deserve an answer, but I will graciously and briefly do so by saying we definitely wanted to have Kyren in the game at that time. And so that's why Chris Tyree wasn't playing.

Now if your question was why would we ever play anyone but Kyren in the 4th quarter of a tight game on the road against a ranked opponent, and is there any scenario in which we might not have had KW in there... that I could understand. But why didn't we take him out??? What?

Tyree will have those opportunities next season for sure. He needs more lower leg strength and better understanding in pass defense. That comes with maturity and in practices.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Pass protection......they cannot pull him out everytime they pass, it would become a "tell". He has to pickup his blocking game to get more time.....He is now used with Wiliams needs a breather.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Is this a serious question? Why don't we take ouy our best offensive player, our most inspired, intense, clutch, overall badass player probably on the whole team including Ian Book, in a tight one-score game that could make or break our season for a true freshman - why DON'T we do that???

Am I taking crazy pills or something? And that's an actual straightforward question?

A question like that doesn't really deserve an answer, but I will graciously and briefly do so by saying we definitely wanted to have Kyren in the game at that time. And so that's why Chris Tyree wasn't playing.

Now if your question was why would we ever play anyone but Kyren in the 4th quarter of a tight game on the road against a ranked opponent, and is there any scenario in which we might not have had KW in there... that I could understand. But why didn't we take him out??? What?

Though I agree with the overall tenor of this post, our best offensive player by far is Ian Book.

Though I agree with the overall tenor of this post, our best offensive player by far is Ian Book.
Any qb is most important. But Book isnt the best player if you take position out of it. Hed be pretty low on that list. All 5 ol, 2 tes and rb will be drafted higher than Book. Most important obviously because of qb position but not best player

From what I have seen, Tyree is still a pretty big work in process. Which is fair since he's a freshman. Shoot many on here were down on Kyren at this time last year.

Yes, Tyree is fast. Would he have scored on that long run that Kyren had at the end of the game? No question. Love Kyren, but not exactly impressive speed on that run.

I think it is hard because Tyree hasn't been involved in the pass game. So when he is in, you know we are going to run the ball. And he isn't exactly a bruiser so why would you want to do that? So I think Tyree has to get more involved in catching passes out of the backfield. At least then ND isn't too predictable when he's in the game.

But I'm not overly concerned, again, he's just a freshman.

ADVERTISEMENT