ADVERTISEMENT

Charlie Weis to replace Hugh Freeze at

CW said he was not going to coach anymore. Apparently, Les Miles has showed interest and if I was Ole Miss, I would jump on it.

Reactions: TOMMY_23
If not Les, then who would want that job with impending problems on the horizon? Is there another Bill O'Brien out there?

At least Charlie worked hard. Ty was a slacker.
Ty had a winning % of 585 and was coach of the year..
Charlie had 565%
And the pay wasn't even close..
it's all about results. Not how hard you try..
Charlie was way worse than ty. And it's not even close.

Charlie had 565%
Charlie got to 2 BCS games and actually won a bowl game. Ty did none of that.

Charlie had 565%
Ty was a disaster. Pitiful staff that didn't want to work hard.
Give me Charlie any day. Then he used the race card when he got his ass canned for worrying more about his handicap.

CW is at least good at being a strategic OC when the program supplies him with talented and motivated players. I haven't quite figured out what Ty is good at.

Ty didn't recruit any "guys" at the most important position (o-line). Weis was left w/ 4 total offensive lineman (6 total from two recruiting classes, two transferred or got hurt) from the true Senior & 5th year classes. Pitiful recruiting at arguably the most important group. Why do u think clausen got sacked a record 58 times in his freshman year? Contrast that w/ how our oline performed for rees (the best pass protection in the country). Ty left no oline, at least weis left a good group for Kelly. No comparison. Weis was better, which isn't saying much.

Ty didn't recruit any "guys" at the most important position (o-line). Weis was left w/ 4 total offensive lineman (6 total from two recruiting classes, two transferred or got hurt) from the true Senior & 5th year classes. Pitiful recruiting at arguably the most important group. Why do u think clausen got sacked a record 58 times in his freshman year? Contrast that w/ how our oline performed for rees (the best pass protection in the country). Ty left no oline, at least weis left a good group for Kelly. No comparison. Weis was better, which isn't saying much.
Yet Charlie kept dropping him back. I d take davie over both of them.

CW is at least good at being a strategic OC when the program supplies him with talented and motivated players. I haven't quite figured out what Ty is good at.
When was that ? What was it 2007 when that schematic advantage finished last in offense.

Ty was good at taking directions from a recruits house for the quickest way to the golf course

Reactions: echowaker
Ty vs CW. Who's the tallest midget? CW IMO is the better of the two but CW is no HC. Give the guy a headset in a box for an NFL team. Did well in NE & KC.

Reactions: francade and Islero
Ty vs CW. Who's the tallest midget? CW IMO is the better of the two but CW is no HC. Give the guy a headset in a box for an NFL team. Did well in NE & KC.
I get what you're saying, but I have trouble regarding Charlie as a midget.

He most likely was referring to when he coached the Patriots. Then again Weis benefited from having Tom Brady.

He performed well with both Bradys actually. That 2005 had basically the same offensive weapons as 2004 is the only necessary point of comparison.

Mental midget.
Doesn't he supposedly have an IQ that would qualify him for Mensa. Besides, you can't call him dumb when he was able to negotiate that long term bonanza contract from ND and also get absurd money for other coaching stints. I'd just go with an annoying prick who was blinded by arrogance.

Doesn't he supposedly have an IQ that would qualify him for Mensa. Besides, you can't call him dumb when he was able to negotiate that long term bonanza contract from ND and also get absurd money for other coaching stints. I'd just go with an annoying prick who was blinded by arrogance.
I think Weis can thank his agent for getting that ridiculous contract extension.

ADVERTISEMENT