ADVERTISEMENT

C'Bo Flemister

savvyandsassier

All Star
Dec 16, 2013
I knew he was having a good day and the yards were piling up, but we dominated so easily and it was so spread out among so many players I didn't even quite realize what a great day he had.

So... I've been a bit of hater where C'Bo is concerned, I admit it, and now I feel like a jerk. So do you think he'll be a key part of the run game going forward, or in more competitive contests it will revert to Kyren and Tyree?

I knew he was having a good day and the yards were piling up, but we dominated so easily and it was so spread out among so many players I didn't even quite realize what a great day he had.

So... I've been a bit of hater where C'Bo is concerned, I admit it, and now I feel like a jerk. So do you think he'll be a key part of the run game going forward, or in more competitive contests it will revert to Kyren and Tyree?
I think he’s still a solid #3, and we won’t die if he has to get a bunch of carries in a competitive game. But would still have Williams and Tyree ahead of him.

I like him ... something to me looks off about the way he seems to absorb hard contact on every carry.

I know! I know what you mean, there's something about him that sort of jumps out of you, that this guy is not going to be a great RB, that he is definitely missing something. Can't quite put my finger on it, but it seems really palpable, and yet he rushed for 130 yards.

I mean he was a two-star recruit, so expectations shouldn't be that high. But he does sort of have that feel of someone who's not a natural RB.

Nevertheless, great game yesterday.

C’BO looked really good yesterday, but had great running lanes. I personally think Smith will end up as our #3 running back, and C’BO #4. C’BO seems to be the kind of RB that just runs as fast and as hard as he can to where the play is drawn for him to run. To me, he doesn’t have the instincts to read what’s developing and adjust accordingly, and his first instinct seems to be to lower the shoulder and give as good as he takes with a hit, rather than making guys miss. I’m basing these comments on last year’s play rather than yesterday. like I said, he played really well yesterday, just hard to gauge whether he has improved in any of these areas.

Reactions: savvyandsassier

No. He goes down at first contact to often. Usf was bad and very small on defense. He will be 4th string along the rest of the year. There is a role for him but he's still a significant tier below what nd needs in a top 2 back.

No. He goes down at first contact to often. Usf was bad and very small on defense. He will be 4th string along the rest of the year. There is a role for him but he's still a significant tier below what nd needs in a top 2 back.

He is somewhat of an anomaly to me. He seems to consistently get “shoe string” tackled. I think that “it” factor people are having trouble pinpointing is balance. Williams is great at keeping his feet after contact, and Tyree is blazing fast. C’Bo is lacking in both departments (but not by much). I think he’d start at most teams ranked 15 or higher.

He is somewhat of an anomaly to me. He seems to consistently get “shoe string” tackled. I think that “it” factor people are having trouble pinpointing is balance. Williams is great at keeping his feet after contact, and Tyree is blazing fast. C’Bo is lacking in both departments (but not by much). I think he’d start at most teams ranked 15 or higher.

Really, you really think that? Because you never know, no matter how long you've been watching and been a fan, you're going to get it wrong, and totally miss players and think they suck when they don't suck.

There's a nice liveliness about him, or something. But it also seems like talent-wise like he was missing something. Like he's just not that talented at the position. Forget about his athletic ability in the abstract, he's just not a natural as a RB, even if he is a solid athlete and a good competitor.

In any case, great game yesterday for him to get under his belt.

C'Bo would not be a surprise to anyone who saw his high school (Georgia) film.

Really, so you were totally sold on him from his HS clips. 'Cause I just checked them out again, and of course I watched when he committed, and he looks good, as most HS highlights are impressive...

But it's the same thing, and I credit him for having a strong presence about him as an athlete, but I don't know, I didn't see it, and was thinking this was a desperation offer because all of a sudden we needed RBs, which it was to be fair, we needed another RB.

That would definitely be cool if he forced his way into the mix and was right up there with Kyren. Of course Jafar was my guy that I was hoping would step up big and he seems to be bringing up the rear. So definitely a good game running the ball yesterday. Just like Tommy Rees said it was going to be!

Really, you really think that? Because you never know, no matter how long you've been watching and been a fan, you're going to get it wrong, and totally miss players and think they suck when they don't suck.

There's a nice liveliness about him, or something. But it also seems like talent-wise like he was missing something. Like he's just not that talented at the position. Forget about his athletic ability in the abstract, he's just not a natural as a RB, even if he is a solid athlete and a good competitor.

In any case, great game yesterday for him to get under his belt.

Yes, I really think that. He’s a very good player. Williams and Tyree are just a little better.

It’s got to be difficult be see younger guys getting carries ahead of you. Love the effort. Good to know there’s some depth at the position, if you saw what happened across the NFL yesterday ( Barkley, McCaffery) injuries pile up fast.

Hed start at many power 5 schools but not at any actually competing for a conference title. Watching kyren and Tyree it's obvious everyone else on the depth chart is a tier or two below them in terms of talent.

Reactions: Kontiki09
15th or lower not higher?

I will always root for C'bo. By his senior year he will be great. Just needs more lower leg strength.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT