ADVERTISEMENT

Cam Hart injury

hoopsstar12

Posts Like A Champion
Jan 16, 2008
What is the injury? Wisconsin is home laying for us and Kelly boy plays his first team in trash time and gets Cam Hart injured. How long will he be out? That G damn turf. Rip it up and put the grass back in.

Can you STFU please?? Is that too much to ask? Just let Cam Hart get injured in peace, do you have to leverage everything that ever happens in a football game into an attack on BK?

I agree about the grass, though. I like real grass over any kind of astroturf.

He should have pulled the first team O and D. Wisconsin will be well rested and the first legit team we play. Then Cincy. Our Dbs are already thin? What happened to Cam Hart?

He should have pulled the first team O and D. Wisconsin will be well rested and the first legit team we play. Then Cincy. Our Dbs are already thin? What happened to Cam Hart?
And if Purdue scored and made it a one-score game you'd be pissed about that too. Maybe take a week off from watching games. You might find it helps you relax.

I didn't watch the game today. Why? Because it was a beautiful day and I got some painting done and then played tennis for two hours. Came home in time to watch the last half of the fourth quarter and wondered if those of you who seem to take this stuff so seriously were melting down.

And if Purdue scored and made it a one-score game you'd be pissed about that too. Maybe take a week off from watching games. You might find it helps you relax.

I didn't watch the game today. Why? Because it was a beautiful day and I got some painting done and then played tennis for two hours. Came home in time to watch the last half of the fourth quarter and wondered if those of you who seem to take this stuff so seriously were melting down.
In general you dont care. You are a half assed fan so dont tell me to take a week off. The game was over at that point. Purdue doesnt have enough talent to do anything dramatic.

I do agree about the turf. Both teams were slipping on a number of plays.

And as bad as it looks on TV, it’s even worse in person. Go back to grass!

Last edited:
I do agree about the turf. It looks bad on TV and even worse in person.
For as long as I can remember, Notre Dame had trouble with their grass field. I also know both Michigan and Ohio State went back to grass fields for a few years in the 80s or 90s, and they went back to artificial turf. I believe the problem is usually tied to drainage issues.

For as long as I can remember, Notre Dame had trouble with their grass field. I also know both Michigan and Ohio State went back to grass fields for a few years in the 80s or 90s, and they went back to artificial turf. I believe the problem is usually tied to drainage issues.
I don’t get how Purdue and Michigan St can do it, but ND can’t. It’s only 6-7 games a year, plus walk throughs.

To be fair, ND has won 26 straight home games, so something is working.

I don’t get how Purdue and Michigan St can do it, but ND can’t. It’s only 6-7 games a year, plus walk throughs.

To be fair, ND has won 26 straight home games, so something is working.
Purdue has always had beautiful fields. And I think we even had them put in a new field for us at some point, but it just never held up.

Damn, some people can never let shit go, just let it go. ND has field turf, the grass is gone and it isn’t coming back. The turf looks good to me and players as well as coaches prefer it. The complaining about our terrible sod was widely discussed since I joined this board in 2002.

Now some folks want it back…FML, people simply can’t be happy about anything.

‘78 complained endlessly for 4-5 years that the turf, the expansion, the “piped in music”, night games, etc.. were ruining the game. Yet almost unanimously the fans approved of the changes as did the players and coaches.

Some people are incapable of any kind of change, they simply fall apart.

Reactions: Bumpdaddy
We are thin/weak at LB and defensive backfield due to recruiting that didnt work out and multiple players from the above average but not elite recruiting classes have left the program. So we are thin and cant afford any injuries. Players keep sustaining either LT injuries or season ending injuries on the turf so I say its not worth it.

Damn, some people can never let shit go, just let it go. ND has field turf, the grass is gone and it isn’t coming back. The turf looks good to me and players as well as coaches prefer it. The complaining about our terrible sod was widely discussed since I joined this board in 2002.

Now some folks want it back…FML, people simply can’t be happy about anything.

‘78 complained endlessly for 4-5 years that the turf, the expansion, the “piped in music”, night games, etc.. were ruining the game. Yet almost unanimously the fans approved of the changes as did the players and coaches.

Some people are incapable of any kind of change, they simply fall apart.
The attendance figures do not confirm your rosy outlook.

Reactions: NDSMC78

62,000 fans showed up for the home opener last week. When I last checked about 10 days ago, there were tickets still available for every home game except Cincinnati. You could get tickets to USC. These things are unheard of.
BTW, never registered any opinion about the turf.

Last edited:
Can you STFU please?? Is that too much to ask? Just let Cam Hart get injured in peace, do you have to leverage everything that ever happens in a football game into an attack on BK?

I agree about the grass, though. I like real grass over any kind of astroturf.
Notre Dame's athletic dept has plenty of $$ to maintain a natural surface. Field turf sucks, studies have been done that show a higher rate of ankle, foot, and achilles injuries on that surface.

Notre Dame's athletic dept has plenty of $$ to maintain a natural surface. Field turf sucks, studies have been done that show a higher rate of ankle, foot, and achilles injuries on that surface.
Care to share this info?

Care to share this info?
I believe that held true for the old Astroturf surface, which was basically a layer of indoor/outdoor carpeting over a rubber pad. But the new field turf gives, thanks to the rubber pellets they put in it. Ironically, though, I believe there have been some studies recommending that kids not spend a lot of time playing on that surface — and that comes as more and more schools put them in to reduce maintenance costs.

The safety factor favored grass by leaps and bounds when the first generation of turf came out. As they improved the turf, the gap narrowed to the point where I remember one study showing fewer injuries on turf. I can't find it, unfortunately. Most of the current studies indicate that grass is slightly safer, however. This article gives a decent summary: https://www.popsci.com/sports-injury-turf-grass-football-soccer/

I believe that held true for the old Astroturf surface, which was basically a layer of indoor/outdoor carpeting over a rubber pad. But the new field turf gives, thanks to the rubber pellets they put in it. Ironically, though, I believe there have been some studies recommending that kids not spend a lot of time playing on that surface — and that comes as more and more schools put them in to reduce maintenance costs.
That’s what I thought. I have never heard of this new technology in tuffs to cause injuries where it calls it into question. I might be wrong but I would like to see prof of what that other poster claims before I start believing that.

Good of you to bring your tennis game to your post.

Nice winner.

What is the injury? Wisconsin is home laying for us and Kelly boy plays his first team in trash time and gets Cam Hart injured. How long will he be out? That G damn turf. Rip it up and put the grass back in.
No chance that’s bks fault. Injuries are part of the game. Be glad it wasn’t Kyle Hamilton.

ADVERTISEMENT