ADVERTISEMENT

Cal beats USC

I have viewed every game SC played and I’d be shocked if the final margin is less than 35.
AND a win would be more shocking than ND stopping Oklahoma’s 47 game winning streak.

D1042 question, Are you a Notee Dame and a USC fan. You seem to be very knowledgeable of both teams.

yes, you could say that.
And USC plays late on East Coast, usually up late I catch their games. After time you become very familiar with the team/players. The more you know kinda thing.

And at the gym, I rewatch ND and/or SC games a few times while on treadmill. Beats The View!

Reactions: Riverside Irish
Thanks for the reply. I live in Southern California and I have Friends that attended USC. I will cheer for the Trojans all but one game.

Reactions: d1042
Recruit. The new O-line (Draveno) coach is good, but he has only had the job for a week. I mean, it hard to be positive. For example Our center can't snap the ball. Lead to a safety against Cal, and then one of their two touchdown after the kick following safety.

Actually the defense is decent.

unfortunately I do not see too much positive happening until a coaching change at the top. Cal is a bad team

Helton needs to go he doesn’t make any adjustments and he loses almost the exact same way every single time. He thinks practice is a waste of time basically. The only reason there wasn’t a repeat of no pads November is because the seniors came to him an requested pad in practice thus month. That alone should get him fired. He doesn’t want them hitting no attention to detail just glorified walk through never tackling in practice. Also gave the players the week off on the bye week no getting better just practice like Tuesday an Thursday An that’s it. He has to go. The defense is somewhat okay Just not healthy. Sry for the rant of a USC fan on the ND board.

beach!

a 5* player finally scores and he gets kicked off the team, for scoring?
Heck, the don’t practice so they have to keep in shape somehow.

When the hell are they going to kick Helton off the team!

beach!

a 5* player finally scores and he gets kicked off the team, for scoring?
Heck, the don’t practice so they have to keep in shape somehow.

When the hell are they going to kick Helton off the team!
Very soon I think

Is Jones gone? for good? If Helton has banned sex, he is going to have real trouble recruiting!

BTW
beach have you seen the photo of LJ and BB onthe Peristyle?
Football players! Could they look softer and out of shape?
WTF is the state of your S&C program? Where do they work out,at Ben n Jerry’s?

Now wait a minute. It was just last season that USC won eleven games, won the PAC 12, and finished 12th in the final season rankings. If he is inept in 2018, why wasn't he inept in 2017? What changed in less than one year? If they don't practice in 2018, did they not practice in 2017? I personally don't care if USC gets things fixed or not, but why did it work in 2017 and not 2018? The celebs have predictably abandoned ship and the stadium isn't full. In less than one year. Is that what the players deserve from the fan base? Conditional support? Let Helton figure things out in the off season, make the necessary fixes, and comeback in 2019. BK is not the same coach as he was just a few short years ago. He stuck it out, made the changes, starting with the man in the mirror, and the team looks good.

I have been telling you all year how terrible bad the coaching is and how badly you well beat us this year. You need one more win to make the playoff. The SC might as well be a bye week.
I kinda fought you on this at times. Saying Helton deserved one more year if he cleaned house. But you're right. They were a Flaming dumpster fire against Cal. The play where #4 was trying to bully #18 from Cal and then the dude ran by him the next play for the TD was the dingleberry on the shit Sundae. Although there were other moments as well.

Now wait a minute. It was just last season that USC won eleven games, won the PAC 12, and finished 12th in the final season rankings. If he is inept in 2018, why wasn't he inept in 2017? What changed in less than one year? If they don't practice in 2018, did they not practice in 2017? I personally don't care if USC gets things fixed or not, but why did it work in 2017 and not 2018? The celebs have predictably abandoned ship and the stadium isn't full. In less than one year. Is that what the players deserve from the fan base? Conditional support? Let Helton figure things out in the off season, make the necessary fixes, and comeback in 2019. BK is not the same coach as he was just a few short years ago. He stuck it out, made the changes, starting with the man in the mirror, and the team looks good.
The answer to your question is Sam D, Rojo and Juju. Kiffin also had a good year. Want him as your coach?

Helton plays his favorites. He gets the best players on the field,
he does that by getting rid of the best players.

He is in total destructo mode now.
He is basically destroying any out of state recruiting relationships. More than a half dozen highly recruited out of state players have left in his reign.

Helton? Would Levi be kicked off the team if he had taken a guy to his room? Shoot he should be a starter, but gets no playing time, so if he wants any action, he finds it himself.

Imagine a college kid having sexual relations! Who woulda thunk!

Last edited:
Helton plays his favorites. He gets the best players on the field,
he does that by getting rid of the best players.

He is in total destructo mode now.
He is basically destroying any out of state recruiting relationships. More than a half dozen highly recruited out of state players have left in his reign.

Helton? Would Levi be kicked off the team if he had taken a guy to his room? Shoot he should be a starter, but gets no playing time, so if he wants any action, he finds it himself.

Imagine a college kid having sexual relations! Who woulda thunk!

I don't know how you fire a guy after 1 bad season when he's taken you to consecutive New Years 6 Bowl games in his first 2 seasons.

Now if next season is a repeat of this one different deal but IMO he deserves a chance to fix it.

I don't know how you fire a guy after 1 bad season when he's taken you to consecutive New Years 6 Bowl games in his first 2 seasons.

Now if next season is a repeat of this one different deal but IMO he deserves a chance to fix it.

“A enemy of my enemy is my friend” You as a ND fan, clearly consider Helton as your friend.

“A enemy of my enemy is my friend” You as a ND fan, clearly consider Helton as your friend.

Not at all----just think 2 10 win seasons in 1st 2 years give you the right to have a shot at fixing it.

If his 1st 2 seasons were 7-8 win seasons at a spot like USC I would agree with making a change.

Remember what he inherited------bad team that was getting bludgeoned weekly.

I'm sure you called for BK's head 2 years ago.

Firing people in many cases is not always the answer in all facets of life.

Just my opinion.

Well, I call B.S.
Originally Clay was universally thought a nice guy, but every day his comments make him sound like a detached from reality lunatic.
Also, You ought to check out the record in games not including Sam Darnold. USC ran 31 2nd half plays vs Cal (not the old Chi. Bears) and gained 41 yards.

SC has run off more talent in12 months than most universities get in 12 years. Heltons effect.
The team does not practice. The players complain of this. The team is softer than Charmin. The team lacks direction and dicipline. The S&C coach is turning out jelly bellies.
These are things obvious to everyone watching them play. It is a progressing state of affairs.

Helton simply had no qualifications to be hired and has demonstrated he has no natural leadership too overcome a lack of coaching ability. Helton is a synonym for mistake.

At this point, Clueless Clay is not nice guy Clay, he is Reviled Clay.

What were Clay's comments that make him sound like a lunatic? And, what are the confirmed sources not named message boards that say USC doesn't practice and the players are complaining about it? And, besides the usual grad transfer and leaving early for the NFL, exactly why are these players expelled, suspended, and/or transferring? I don't follow USC football so I really want to know.

ND was in a similar situation in 2016. 4-8. Coach making statements that upset/baffled people. Getting into fights with a female reporter and accused of being insensitive, etc. Players saying "Chinese is easier than our defense" Players being suspended removed (Frozen 5). He got a second shot, cleaned house, and is now 20-3 since that time.

I'm pretty sure if SC were to go 20-3 over the next two seasons, Clay would project a different feeling among USC fans.

What were Clay's comments that make him sound like a lunatic? And, what are the confirmed sources not named message boards that say USC doesn't practice and the players are complaining about it? And, besides the usual grad transfer and leaving early for the NFL, exactly why are these players expelled, suspended, and/or transferring? I don't follow USC football so I really want to know.

Well, he mentioned his Center (who himself questions his being a C instead of a G) is a ‘love of his life’ and yesterday alluded to the staff as ‘raising kids’. They do not hit in practice, they wear only shells. The S&C program would work well for sprinters but lean and lacking in muscle is not a great in football. And Helton stated the problems will not be corrected by practicing. Darnold expressed displeasure with the offensive schemes and game plans. Watching this team and the ‘17 team, this is not the USC fans have known. Helton has them on a downward spiral. The team was in total disarray vs Cal. Peristyle media have interviwed players who mentionthe lack of practice and physicality of practices. Yesterday a post had photos of Bolden and Jones and the conditioning indicated a lack of muscularity or definition you see in most LB’s. The issues with the staff are too many to discuss by typed. The situation is a SMH conundrum.
Remember Clay was the players choice because he was soft on them. Now they see ‘soft’ staffs are not so beneficial in such a sport. And Clay was ill prepared and nowhere near qualifiedto be a head coach.
Many of the claims were made from day 1, but SC had such great talentit took time for the meltdown.

You have no reason to believe me since I am, in effect, just another internet guy but I can personally assure you that the players have
complained about the practice, that many have asked to take Toa's place at center and that several will transfer if Clay is retained.

I searched but found no articles from USC insiders or the west coast sports media mentioning any of this. Anyway, maybe Coach Helton can reinvent himself and his philosophy for the good of the program, his players, and for his own job security.

I searched but found no articles from USC insiders or the west coast sports media mentioning any of this. Anyway, maybe Coach Helton can reinvent himself and his philosophy for the good of the program, his players, and for his own job security.

Unlike Kelly, Helton has no skills set to enhance or re-invent. He would have to invent himself; which is actually what he did to fool Swann into hiring him as a Head Coach. And because you do not find quotes nor articles does not exclude them as valid. The media mods at Peristyle (247) have talkedto players on/off the record.

If Helton is going to reinvent himself, I rather he start after November 24th. Don't change a thing until then. Over and out.

Reactions: d1042
Read Ryan Abraham, Keely, shotgun, Dan Weber. That whole staff in general from USCFootball.com on the Peristyle trust us SC fans see it an they give practice reports everyday An things they’re hearing around the program. So yes everything you’re hearing in this thread are facts.

You have no reason to believe me since I am, in effect, just another internet guy but I can personally assure you that the players have
complained about the practice, that many have asked to take Toa's place at center and that several will transfer if Clay is retained.

Didn't the players earlier campaign for Helton to be their permanent head coach?

If it makes anyone in Lala Land feel any better, BK didn't have his kids practice in pads today either.

yep but they don't feel that way now.

Half of those who petitioned to keep him are probably gone by now.

Do you think this is his last year or will your AD hope he turns things around in 2019? It is conceivable that his last two seasons bought him one bad year.

Half of those who petitioned to keep him are probably gone by now.

Do you think this is his last year or will your AD hope he turns things around in 2019? It is conceivable that his last two seasons bought him one bad year.

pointless, Darnold is out of eligibility. When Sam does not start Helton is Worse than Hackett.

Game worries me out there....if it was in South Bend would probably be a repeat of last season. The last 2 trips to LA have been bad for the Irish

BK should tell them if they lose he will take them to meet Sen. Feinstein.

Reactions: U2fan
ADVERTISEMENT