ADVERTISEMENT

Cal beats USC

I don't want to revel too much in the problems of USC, UCLA, or any other program. ND has been there and done that. USC will be back with the right HC. Who that might be , well, I don't know. Editor's Note: when Miami loses, I do allow myself to revel , just a little.

Reactions: Irish Duck and rgc7
What can a fan expect from a USC team whose coach thinks practice is a waste of time.
Basically SC conducts a flag football team in the FBS.
Helton states his C. who cannot snap a football, is “a love of his life”? Snapping requires practice.

There have been some bad coaches come down the line, but it is hard to fathom one as
ill prepared for the job as C. Helton. When such a bad hire is realized, you have to look at the
head of the process that hired him and exacerbated the error with a contract extension.
That guy is Lynn Swann.
Swann was as ill prepared and unqualified to be in his position as Helton. He never before held such a position and had no experience nor foresight to be installed in it.
There seems to be an absence of an accountability chain at USC. No one is in charge.

ND fans are going to see something very different when they arrive to take on this train wreck.
ND players may simply be confounded in a “wtf” moment! Who are these guys?

Last edited:
Beach,
I am really sorry that USC is having a terrible season, but I still am scared to death of playing you guys!
You still have a lot of talent, and I still have nightmares about A Davis and that great SC comeback against us so many years ago!
A win over ND can make your season and is your bowl game! No way am I taking a win against you guys
For granted !

Reactions: Raymond G
Beach,
I am really sorry that USC is having a terrible season, but I still am scared to death of playing you guys!
You still have a lot of talent, and I still have nightmares about A Davis and that great SC comeback against us so many years ago!
A win over ND can make your season and is your bowl game! No way am I taking a win against you guys
For granted !

USC is now just 80 or so young men, gathered together, on a Saturday or Saturday evening, to play a football game. They are never prepared, lack leadership, never disciplined, untrusting of each other and
most of all NOT A TEAM.

USC will be back. ND will faulter. It’s cyclical. FSU will re-emerge as well. I think Bama will have some awful seasons after Saban retires.

Reactions: 8th Man
I can remember 74-82 (Sans the 77 Green Jersey Game) and 2002 to 2009.

And i feel the same way Ara felt. I hate that white horse and the sight of the Coliseum makes me nervous.

Even 2014 & 2016 ND got boat raced off the field. USC may be down. But that game will NEVER be a bye week.

I think they need to give Coach Helton a vote of confidence. If things don't improve in five years, a discussion could be started about what steps he will take to improve things in the next five years. You never want to pull the plug too early.

Posts like these are really class. Especially if you’ve never coached at the college level yourself. You sound like an idiot at the bar who complains and moans about how “horrible” professional athletes are.

Posts like these are really class. Especially if you’ve never coached at the college level yourself. You sound like an idiot at the bar who complains and moans about how “horrible” professional athletes are.
Pipe down Gertrude. Poking fun at USC is a fun extracurricular activity and my comments are chock full of fun.

Pipe down Gertrude. Poking fun at USC is a fun extracurricular activity and my comments are chock full of fun.

I hate the condoms too but seeing them struggle is enough to give me a good nights rest. Words don’t make their program any worse than they already are.

Reactions: U2fan
o_O

Beach,
For granted !

Well I can promise but I would say sleep well. If you want to feel better, watch the Cal game.

Reactions: ndrocks and rgc7
The Syracuse coach Babers, should be-a finalists. Should, but not will be.
Don't talk so loud. Lynn Swann might be reading this and I don't want to give him any ideas on potential candidates. Let Swanny put together a task force with the job of identifying and performing backgrounds on potential candidates. Only then, after careful study and yet another task force to make sure the first task force dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's, can the interview process begin. It make take years. If Coach Helton does upset ND, his job will be saved.

Reactions: notredamerises23
Why don't you get yourself together man! Such a dope.

I have been telling you all year how terrible bad the coaching is and how badly you well beat us this year. You need one more win to make the playoff. The SC might as well be a bye week.
USC could be 1-10 and they'd still play us tough. Throw out the records in this rivalry.

Talk down your chances all you want, we all know how sweet it would taste to you left-coasters to ruin our chances at the playoff.

This game will not be a walk in the park for the Irish.

USC could be 1-10 and they'd still play us tough. Throw out the records in this rivalry.

Talk down your chances all you want, we all know how sweet it would taste to you left-coasters to ruin our chances at the playoff.

This game will not be a walk in the park for the Irish.

At the start the SC kids will play hard with emotion, but they just lack technique or knowledgeof their respective positions and responsibilities. Emotion and desire are no replacements for preparations.
Helton just does not conduct effective practices and there is zero player development. Zero, the absence of, is far worse than bad. It is a clusterf’ng.

Reactions: ivan brunetti
I have been telling you all year how terrible bad the coaching is and how badly you well beat us this year. You need one more win to make the playoff. The SC might as well be a bye week.

I understand your frustration, but you are way overstating it. USC already ruined Wazzu's playoff chances, handing them their only loss. The Trojans are still dangerous at home, especially when it's a big rival, like ND.

Moreover, losing to Cal isn't that big a disgrace. The Bears' defense is actually very good, they will probably beat us this week.

I understand your frustration, but you are way overstating it. USC already ruined Wazzu's playoff chances, handing them their only loss. The Trojans are still dangerous at home, especially when it's a big rival, like ND.

Moreover, losing to Cal isn't that big a disgrace. The Bears' defense is actually very good, they will probably beat us this week.

It is as much the way we are losing. The lack of discipline by the players, running the same plays whether effective or not, the lack of developments, the failure to make adjustments at half time, etc.

Reactions: rmndcat
It is as much the way we are losing. The lack of discipline by the players, running the same plays whether effective or not, the lack of developments, the failure to make adjustments at half time, etc.

So Beach you covered a lot here. is there anything they do right

Vs. Cal. USC ran 31 2nd half plays for a total of 41 yds.
ND might improve upon that.
It is going to be possibly the most one sided game in the long history of the rivalry.

Recruit. The new O-line (Draveno) coach is good, but he has only had the job for a week. I mean, it hard to be positive. For example Our center can't snap the ball. Lead to a safety against Cal, and then one of their two touchdown after the kick following safety.

Actually the defense is decent.

Game worries me out there....if it was in South Bend would probably be a repeat of last season. The last 2 trips to LA have been bad for the Irish

ADVERTISEMENT