ADVERTISEMENT

Byron Leftwich

edub72

All Star
Jan 17, 2018
There are reports that Leftwich reached out to Freeman about OC job. Appears there will be plenty of candidates

Not sure about him; that whole situation there was very strange. Brady was pretty much running things offensively; everyone knew that. So how much he had to do with what went on there is open to question.

It was like when Peyton Manning was playing; everyone KNEW he ran things and the OC was just a figurehead.

He's obviously looking for someone that can work with qbs. Brian Johnson is interviewing after the super bowl per the eagles pr staff.

It would appear that no matter what freeman is committed to a prostyle offense with the allure of getting guys ready for the NFL.

Reactions: Kelso86
oof. Hiring someone with zero college coaching experience would be reckless by Freeman.
I think he has college experience somewhere. Why would we lose CJ Carr if our OC is someone who worked with Tom Brady. That seems pretty attractive to a QB prospect.

Brady and Leftwich seemed pretty close when they were on the sidelines or during timeouts. The Bucs offense was wrecked in 2022 because the OL was decimated by injuries. They couldn't run the ball or pass protect, hence a lot of short passes and screens.

Things must be real strange when an ND board wants to reject a Super Bowl-winning OC. If he reached out, Freeman would be dumb not to interview him. Maybe he wants a break from the NFL for a few years.

Not sure about him; that whole situation there was very strange. Brady was pretty much running things offensively; everyone knew that. So how much he had to do with what went on there is open to question.

It was like when Peyton Manning was playing; everyone KNEW he ran things and the OC was just a figurehead.

Tampa had a top 5 offense Leftwich’s first year with jameis Winston running the show. Brady came Leftwich’s second year

Reactions: notredamerises23
Sean Stires said tonight Leftwich and Johnson are OUT. Says on very good sources they’re out of the equation. Again, if IB is wrong on this feedback they lose credibility. They’ve been sticking to their guns. I actually hope they’re right.

I would have no complaints about this hire.

As far as no college coaching experience. No worries there guys. The guy played college football. He knows what recruiting is all about. Plus, if you are a top QB, who wouldn’t wanna play for an OC that coached Tom Brady and won a Super Bowl. Oh that’s Charlie Weis lol.

All jokes aside, Byron knows football. Coaching at the college level is probably what he needs right now. The concern will be when will he leave and head back to the NFL???

But this would be a good hire, just my opinion.

Tampa had a top 5 offense Leftwich’s first year with jameis Winston running the show. Brady came Leftwich’s second year
Winston was not a terrible QB and could light it up now and then; threw too many picks. Throwing around Top 5 stats SOUNDS impressive until you look closer. A fair number of mediocre teams had a year where they performed way above expectations. QBs have as well.

Stats lie sometimes.

ADVERTISEMENT