ADVERTISEMENT

Buchner...bowl game

This is all on Rees. Not the decision on who plays but rather the identity he wants his offense to have.

Neither QB has the ability to take over a game.
Buchner is quicker but terribly inaccurate.
Pyne is much more accurate and can run in deceptive situations.
Neither has a rocket arm nor QB size.

Rees just needs to keep doing the power football theme and let Pyne continue to ride the wave
Disagree, this team could absolutely retain its identity with Buchner at the helm as long as Rees isnt tempted to throw more. What identity do you think Pyne gives the offense that Buchner can’t? I’m confident he is/can be a better passer. And if he’s not, not like the team loses its identity, we have 0 threat of passing game so not sure how ND goes backwards.

What is this? You often make decent points about football itself but this need to discredit everything Kelly is ridiculous. Nobody, absolutely NOBODY thought LSU would be #5 in the CFP rankings heading into its game vs. TA&M. After last season, nobody thought Jayden McDaniels would be having the season he’s having.

Alabama is #8 because it lost to LSU on a coin flip just like to Tennessee. On a neutral field, I doubt any team other than Georgia would be favorited over them, maybe Ohio State,

“Doing Brian Kelly things.” Yes, he has a team poised to have a shot at the CFP again.
👍

Disagree, this team could absolutely retain its identity with Buchner at the helm as long as Rees isnt tempted to throw more. What identity do you think Pyne gives the offense that Buchner can’t? I’m confident he is/can be a better passer. And if he’s not, not like the team loses its identity, we have 0 threat of passing game so not sure how ND goes backwards.
Not being sarcastic but what part of me saying
"This is all on Rees. Not the decision on who plays but rather the identity he wants his offense to have."

Buchner can't do the same thing because he has a different dynamic but also a less accurate one.
While he is quicker thy foot he's about as durable as the Christmas Story leg lamp.
I'm not certain I trust Rees at this point to stay the course...do you?

Neither Pyne nor Buchner can single handedly take over a game.
Buchner is 0-2 as a starter

Pyne only lost 1 game as a starter.

Pyne can't run like Buchner but Buchner isn't as accurate as Pyne.

My gut think if Rees stays with Pyne he will continue the comittment to power football.

Of course he can do the same with Buchner but would he?

It's obvious his intention now with Pyne at the helm and all it's done is win games.

Why rock the boat?
Syracuse on the road was a tough game. How much did that deflate them? Impossible to tell but it had an impact.

Clemson....we dominated them. I mean gave them a real whooping.
The score wasn't indicative of the game. It was much more lopsided.

Everyone keeps waiting for that moment to say told ya so we need a better QB. Well a better QB is never a bad thing but this is a unique situation and Pyne at present is forcing Rees to stick with what we do extremely well. A true comittment to power football. We aren't running to just say we ran for balance. We're running with a purpose not seen since Holtz days.

We haven't lost yet with this new offensive identity and with two big games in which we utterly decimated and dominated them in Syracuse and Clemson.

Remember they don't ask how but rather if.
They don't put asterisks after victories stating won but didn't throw much.
A win is a win is a win.

Would you rather win 38-35 in a passing extravaganza which we never will win that way or rather win 35-14 in total dominating fashion running for 12 yards on 3rd and 9.

Pyne keeps Rees in check and that is much more important than who plays between Pyne and Buchner

Not being sarcastic but what part of me saying
"This is all on Rees. Not the decision on who plays but rather the identity he wants his offense to have."

Buchner can't do the same thing because he has a different dynamic but also a less accurate one.
While he is quicker thy foot he's about as durable as the Christmas Story leg lamp.
I'm not certain I trust Rees at this point to stay the course...do you?

Neither Pyne nor Buchner can single handedly take over a game.
Buchner is 0-2 as a starter

Pyne only lost 1 game as a starter.

Pyne can't run like Buchner but Buchner isn't as accurate as Pyne.

My gut think if Rees stays with Pyne he will continue the comittment to power football.

Of course he can do the same with Buchner but would he?

It's obvious his intention now with Pyne at the helm and all it's done is win games.

Why rock the boat?
Syracuse on the road was a tough game. How much did that deflate them? Impossible to tell but it had an impact.

Clemson....we dominated them. I mean gave them a real whooping.
The score wasn't indicative of the game. It was much more lopsided.

Everyone keeps waiting for that moment to say told ya so we need a better QB. Well a better QB is never a bad thing but this is a unique situation and Pyne at present is forcing Rees to stick with what we do extremely well. A true comittment to power football. We aren't running to just say we ran for balance. We're running with a purpose not seen since Holtz days.

We haven't lost yet with this new offensive identity and with two big games in which we utterly decimated and dominated them in Syracuse and Clemson.

Remember they don't ask how but rather if.
They don't put asterisks after victories stating won but didn't throw much.
A win is a win is a win.

Would you rather win 38-35 in a passing extravaganza which we never will win that way or rather win 35-14 in total dominating fashion running for 12 yards on 3rd and 9.

Pyne keeps Rees in check and that is much more important than who plays between Pyne and Buchner
If Caleb Williams was the QB at Notre Dame, this “...commitment to power football...” and “offensive identity...” that you are so proud of would go right out the window.

Don‘t give us that B.S.

Don’t posture that you know his true height and that the information in the roster, in ESPN’s bio and other sources is wrong, but you’re right !

Did you measure his height ?
Yes or No ?

Don’t try to divert and deflect from lying about Buchner’s height by introducing Kelly to the discussion.

YOU STATED THAT BUCHNER WAS 5’9”

What’s your source ?

What concrete proof can you produce that can substantiate your claim ?

If none, then admit that you fabricated Buchner’s height, that you lied in order to further your narrative !

We await your prompt reply !
WTH are you talking about?

Please follow along...

Since you're fascinated with me then you'd know i clearly referenced two QB's.

I said one is 5'9 or 5'10 and can only throw about 37 yards...

I said the other is around 5'11 and can throw about 44 yards...

Now if you watched the team this year you'd know without having your hand held which QB can throw about 37 and which can throw about 44

Again if you followed the team you'd know Buchner has a little bit stronger arm than Pyne thus it would be crystal ****ing clear the 5'9 or 5'10 reference was about the QB with the weaker arm. In other words PYNE.

Now on your other issue...

Did you ever see a player's height and weight listed on a program and suddenly at the combine said player lost an inch and 3/4? It happens all the time.
They didn't shrink.
Do you REALLY BELIEVE....
Audric Estime is 227# ????
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

If you believe that I'll sell you some tickets to see ND play USC in South Bend this week.
Great seats too. Park right at the stadium too.

If Caleb Williams was the QB at Notre Dame, this “...commitment to power football...” and “offensive identity...” that you are so proud of would go right out the window.
And you aren't?

Again WTF are you doing here?
We've dominated BYU, SYRACUSE, CLEMSON....running the ball down the throat. They knew it was coming and still couldn't stop it. It's been three decade(S) since we've done that against a top opponent.

Yet somehow you appear disgusted with such a performance because we didn't throw as much as you'd have liked?

WTH are you talking about?

Please follow along...

Since you're fascinated with me then you'd know i clearly referenced two QB's.

I said one is 5'9 or 5'10 and can only throw about 37 yards...
You said Pyne was 5’9”/5’10” and that Pyne can only throw 37 yards,
Just watch the tape and see how wrong you are

I said the other is around 5'11 and can throw about 44 yards...

Now if you watched the team this year you'd know without having your hand held which QB can throw about 37 and which can throw about 44
You’re so full of crap it’s pathetic !
Rewatch the game videos and you’ll see both of them throw 45

Again if you followed the team you'd know Buchner has a little bit stronger arm than Pyne thus it would be crystal ****ing clear the 5'9 or 5'10 reference was about the QB with the weaker arm. In other words PYNE.
Arm strength is irrelevant, stop trying to evade the issue.
You claimed that Pyne was 5’9”
What concrete evidence do you have to support your claim ?

Now on your other issue...

Did you ever see a player's height and weight listed on a program and suddenly at the combine said player lost an inch and 3/4? It happens all the time.
They didn't shrink.
Do you REALLY BELIEVE....
Audric Estime is 227# ????
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Totally irrelevant and just another attempt by you to divert and deflect away from your stated claim that Pyne is 5’9”
What concrete evidence do you have to support your reckless self-serving claim that Pyne is 5’9” ?
Time to put up and show proof or admit that you’re a fraud who fabricated your claim that Pyne is 5’9” !

If you believe that I'll sell you some tickets to see ND play USC in South Bend this week.
Great seats too. Park right at the stadium too.
Your B.S. won’t deter me from holding you accountable for your arrogant and fabricated claim.

What is this? You often make decent points about football itself but this need to discredit everything Kelly is ridiculous. Nobody, absolutely NOBODY thought LSU would be #5 in the CFP rankings heading into its game vs. TA&M. After last season, nobody thought Jayden McDaniels would be having the season he’s having.

Alabama is #8 because it lost to LSU on a coin flip just like to Tennessee. On a neutral field, I doubt any team other than Georgia would be favored over them, except maybe Ohio State by a point or two.

“Doing Brian Kelly things.” Yes, he has a team poised to have a shot at the CFP again.
Then go root for him. LSU board takes new members everyday.

And please spare me this BK heading to the playoffs again like he's been a staple there for since it's inception.
1 clear cut appearance...1 during a weird covid year that shouldn't have happened regardless as participation of all teams was skewed...

And then we have?

That's it.

Here's the thing...
I don't give a shit about what he's doing or isn't.

I follow ND. Root for...etc. Moreover you've no idea who I am..
I bleed blue and gold plus plus plus

What he does means nothing to me.
Win, lose, or forfeit I don't care what he and LSU are doing. He's no longer here and that's great for us.

If you think Alabama is just like the regular old Alabama then I'm not sure what you're watching.
They've had many close calls that shouldn't have been but hey...it's Bama...right? They can win no matter how close and nobody says boo.
Squeak by several teams and thats ok....

We doninate an undefeated Clemson team and well...that Clemson team isn't really that good...blah blah blah.

Same old trendy shit and just abother sheep.

BTW...the point about them being #8 is that they were #6 ...not #5 and Brian Kelly is still looking for his first ever top 5 victory in a normal nom covid year.

That's astounding..
Still looking for the first in a normal season.

88ND

I knew that you didn’t have proof.

Be a stand up guy and admit that you misspoke when you stated that Pyne was 5’9”.

It will do wonders for your future credibility !

I’d stay with Pyne. Stay with the hot hand.

I agree -- Buchner has been out way too long -- he could have a small package for him, but Pyne is the nam in charge for 2022.

And, if the opportunity presents itself, get Angeli some game reps as well.

Let’s hope this year, unlike last we let him take a few snaps.

We have backs and an OL now. We have WR now. Let’s see what our true Ferrari can do. He will start next year.

I doubt Buchner plays over Pyne. BJT… who does Pyne throw to in the bowl game with Mayer likely out??

That could be a good thing. He threw a lot to those guys and Lenzy last night
Could be but it’s never a good thing not to have Mayer. I don’t like our offense without him. Depends on who we play. Could be ugly if we play a high power offense. I’m hoping for a blue blood program that is around 8-4.

I also like the idea of playing both Pyne and Buchner. That would make the offense pretty dynamic if done well. Pyne deserves the start, but I’d like to see Buchner play. He also needs the game experience.

If Buchner starts I transfer to a MAC school who’ll appreciate my accuracy and toughness if I’m Pyne.
If you have read anything about the Pyne family, Drew is not going anywhere before his senior year in college. Nor should he.

And you're correct, he played well last night.

From my research, the most likely pairings for us are either South Carolina or Miss St. both sound like yawn City and unimportant.

If you have read anything about the Pyne family, Drew is not going anywhere before his senior year in college. Nor should he.

And you're correct, he played well last night.
I’ve read about them and they’re all ND I get it.

That goes without saying.

Doesn’t mean you stay in an abusive relationship with someone because you were a childhood fan.

If Buchner starts I transfer to a MAC school who’ll appreciate my accuracy and toughness if I’m Pyne.
I agree. Pyne deserves to start and it would be very disrespectful to start Buchner. I think Buchner should sit with Mayer and Foskey and plan on paying backup at ND as a portal is coming and Minchey is far better.

I’ve read about them and they’re all ND I get it.

That goes without saying.

Doesn’t mean you stay in an abusive relationship with someone because you were a childhood fan.
I’d keep Pyne and let Buchner transfer if it were me. We can win with Pyne and an experienced backup and leader is invaluable. Buchner will be lucky to last 3 games. I’d like to keep both but if one’s going to go, let it be Buchner. Find next years starter in the portal and keep Pyne. Rees should give Minchey a legitimate shot and not just freshman him into non existence. He’s got the best arm on the roster if he was there now.

ADVERTISEMENT