ADVERTISEMENT

Buchner...bowl game

Tyler Buchner will be available for a bowl game per Freeman.
I wish no ill will on him but so what and no thanks.

Let me ask ya...
Do you take the QB who can't throw more than 37 yards and is 5'9 or 5'10...but has only lost to Stanford in a 14-16 affair that was more the coaches fault (REES) than the QB's...and beat ranked teams Syracuse, BYU, Clemson and possibly USC.

Or do you take the 5'11" QB who can throw about 44 yards, although quick like a cat gets injured taking a walk on a windy afternoon, and has accuracy that rivals the most inaccurate passer in Irish history...Sir Wimbush.

Last edited:

Let me ask ya...
Do you take the QB who can't throw more than 37 yards and is 5'9 or 5'10...but has only lost to Stanford in a 14-16 affair that was more the coaches fault (REES) than the QB's...and beat ranked teams Syracuse, BYU, Clemson and possibly USC.

Or do you take the 5'11" QB who can throw about 44 yards, although quick like a cat gets injured taking a walk on a windy afternoon, and has accuracy that rivals the most inaccurate passer in Irish history...Shawn Wimbush.
Buchner is 6’ 1”

Why are you lying about his height ?

Let me ask ya...

Or do you take the 5'11" QB who can throw about 44 yards, although quick like a cat gets injured taking a walk on a windy afternoon, and has accuracy that rivals the most inaccurate passer in Irish history...Shawn Wimbush.
Buchner needs to be playing in the MAC.

Buchner is 6’ 1”

Why are you lying about his height ?
Obviously you really have no idea about the game and program listed measurables.
They are stretched, shortened, inflated, understated, whatever... to exaggerate in a positive manner without being too ridiculously full of shit.

It's as old as the program itself.

You might love Brian Kelly's average performance at ND but that shouldn't skew your ability to understand why they fib with the program listed measurables.

Obviously you really have no idea about the game and program listed measurables.
They are stretched, shortened, inflated, understated, whatever... to exaggerate in a positive manner without being too ridiculously full of shit.

You might love Brian Kelly's average performance at ND but that shouldn't skew your ability to understand why they fib with the program listed measurables.
Nick Saban now respects Brian Kelly a bit more.

Reactions: Pennick4

Let me ask ya...

Who is Shawn Wimbush?

Nick Saban now respects Brian Kelly a bit more.
I don't give a **** what Saban thinks, respects or doesn't.
You obviously do so what the **** are doing here?

Perhaps you should be spending even more time here

I don't give a **** what Saban thinks, respects or doesn't.
You obviously do so what the **** are doing here?

Perhaps you should be spending even more time here
You’re like the jilted spouse, when the other half moves on....to a 95 million guaranteed contract, and is succeeding at his job.

Get over it. Move on.

Reactions: notredamerises23
Per Freeman:

"That's still to be determined,” Freeman said. “Right now our doctors are not 100% sure. That will be based on how he progresses over these next couple of weeks.

“He's practicing more. Obviously, there's no contact with him. And so, we'll see. If it's what's best for him and he can be full go and be able to be healthy and protect himself and prepare for a bowl game, then shoot, there will be no hesitation to give him that opportunity.”

Reactions: sjb75
Per Freeman:

"That's still to be determined,” Freeman said. “Right now our doctors are not 100% sure. That will be based on how he progresses over these next couple of weeks.

“He's practicing more. Obviously, there's no contact with him. And so, we'll see. If it's what's best for him and he can be full go and be able to be healthy and protect himself and prepare for a bowl game, then shoot, there will be no hesitation to give him that opportunity.”
I wish the kid well in his rehab, and I look forward to his return in 2023.

You’re like the jilted spouse, when the other half moves on....to a 95 million guaranteed contract, and is succeeding at his job.

Get over it. Move on.
And so now you copy someone else's phrase...

BTW..
I'm over it..i was always over it because...
Uuuhhh...
I was never under it.

Brian Kelly was fools gold here and I don't care what he's doing else where. Again why are you here.

BTW...
Seems to me like he's firing right along doing Brian Kelly things.
Losing to a decent but not great team. Check
FSU loss

Getting trounced by a top ranked team. Check!
Tennessee demoralized them.

Beat a #8 ....
Yes #8 team at home in O.T. going for 2

Now please tell me exactly what Brian Kelly is doing differently?

Reactions: jongon

BTW..
Uuuhhh...
I was never under it.

Brian Kelly was fools gold here and I don't care what he's doing else where. Again why are you here.

BTW...
FSU loss

Beat a #8 ....

95 million. Large.

Reactions: Pennick4
Would love to see Buchner play, while Pyne has been a solid fill in beating some ranked teams, I’m not sure I’d credit him with being the driver for those Ws. Comes down to one thing if he’s healthy- who do they believe is better and gives ND the best chance to win in 2023. The answer to that question within the locker room and coaches is who id play.

I should add, the type of bowl game matters as Pyne will undoubtedly give ND a better chance. If it’s a NY6 against LSU/Michigan, go with DP. If it’s Pinstripe, Buchner. That NY6 game will be a big momentum/recruiting deal

Would love to see Buchner play, while Pyne has been a solid fill in beating some ranked teams, I’m not sure I’d credit him with being the driver for those Ws. Comes down to one thing if he’s healthy- who do they believe is better and gives ND the best chance to win in 2023. The answer to that question within the locker room and coaches is who id play.

I should add, the type of bowl game matters as Pyne will undoubtedly give ND a better chance. If it’s a NY6 against LSU/Michigan, go with DP. If it’s Pinstripe, Buchner. That NY6 game will be a big momentum/recruiting deal
This is all on Rees. Not the decision on who plays but rather the identity he wants his offense to have.

Neither QB has the ability to take over a game.
Buchner is quicker but terribly inaccurate.
Pyne is much more accurate and can run in deceptive situations.
Neither has a rocket arm nor QB size.

Rees just needs to keep doing the power football theme and let Pyne continue to ride the wave

BTW..
Uuuhhh...
I was never under it.

BTW...
FSU loss

Beat a #8 ....

Beating Bama.

#8 team. Whatever.

If Bama plays any of the teams ranked ahead of them at a neutral site, would you bet your life against them?

Reactions: notredamerises23

Don‘t give us that B.S.

Don’t posture that you know his true height and that the information in the roster, in ESPN’s bio and other sources is wrong, but you’re right !

Did you measure his height ?
Yes or No ?

Don’t try to divert and deflect from lying about Buchner’s height by introducing Kelly to the discussion.

YOU STATED THAT BUCHNER WAS 5’9”

What’s your source ?

What concrete proof can you produce that can substantiate your claim ?

If none, then admit that you fabricated Buchner’s height, that you lied in order to further your narrative !

We await your prompt reply !

Beating Bama.

#8 team. Whatever.

If Bama plays any of the teams ranked ahead of them at a neutral site, would you bet your life against them?
Sorry but I'm not in the flock. I don't bow down to all things Alabama and or Saban. They can have off years and or average years (for them) just like all teams that hover around the top.

This year they're benefitting from reputation. We used to benefit from that in the Holtz era...
But they aren't always Goliath.

They're #8 and should be around 10 or 11 IMO...

We literally manhandled Clemson who doesn't get shoved around and it's...
Yeah but..
Yeah but...that's not a strong Clemson group.

Bama barely escapes a few games and loses two so far this year and nonody says boo.

Sorry but I don't line up with the other sheep led by the media taking heads and kiss their ass.

P.s.
Let me know when they'll play north the Mason Dixon line post October.

The tide are definitely having an average year and their ranking at #8 is fair (what’s the difference between being ranked # 5-15 anyway?).

But to dismiss the significance LSU’s win against them as meaningless is ridiculous.

Are you suggesting Clemson is a better team?

Bama lost on the road to 2 talented, and yes, well coached top 10 teams. Clemson lost on the road to a talented team. Yet that team has the potential to be unranked and who, per many their own fans, believe are poorly coached.

I guess it’s all about perspective and this Saturday’s game has the potential to change a lot of opinions.

But we do have eyes. You can see Buchner standing by Pyne and he's a good three inches taller. Shit Google it. This is a stupid thing to argue about.

1. Buchner is taller
2. Buchner has better arm
3. Buchner is WILLING TO THROW TO OPEN WRS.

The running game doesn't go away with Buchner, but the passing game is enhanced. It's a no brainer of hea available and healthy that he plays.

Would I stop the designed runs...probably.

Reactions: Quest4Twelve
Will the bowl game matter? If it does, then I don't think it will be a good idea to change quarterbacks. This team has finally developed a personality of being a physical, in your face running team. If that works against USC, keep it that way. If the bowl game really doesn't matter all that much (e.g. cannot get us to 10 wins) then a lot of people can play including Buchner looking forward to next year. Personally, I hope the game does matter.

Will the bowl game matter? If it does, then I don't think it will be a good idea to change quarterbacks. This team has finally developed a personality of being a physical, in your face running team. If that works against USC, keep it that way. If the bowl game really doesn't matter all that much (e.g. cannot get us to 10 wins) then a lot of people can play including Buchner looking forward to next year. Personally, I hope the game does matter.
A personality? The only reason this personality has developed is because of the limits of the QB.

ND vs LSU will matter more to ND fans than a NC game!

A personality? The only reason this personality has developed is because of the limits of the QB.
I don't really agree. I believe the team really wants to run the ball directly at the other team in order to win. Physicality is their strength. It is not merely due to Pyne's limitations.

Reactions: Kelso86 and d1042
I don't really agree. I believe the team really wants to run the ball directly at the other team in order to win. Physicality is their strength. It is not merely due to Pyne's limitations.
If Caleb Williams was the QB of Notre Dame, you’d witness a much different personality of this team.

Reactions: Golson5
The bowl game will be about next year moreso than finishing this year. That's why Buchner should start. One more game of experience and tape.

Most assuredly, but not the personality of this board.
Indeed. It's not the majority of ND fans, but it's a lot, that nurture this fetish for an old-school power running game, and how it's ND's inexorable destiny to embrace it. A philosophy or an approach to the sport that has almost been delegitimized in the modern game, where the QB is everything, and the passing game reigns supreme, and RBs are almost commodities at this point. Interchangeable and something of an afterthought....

But according to these fans, after a couple of games, or really just one game, the Clemson game, where we deserted the passing game, led with the run, and then got the win.... that somehow that destiny is now being fulfilled. Even though it couldn't be any more obvious why we took that tack in the big game vs Clemson....

Anyway, it is what it is. We just got the commit from Kenny Minchey, so hopefully brighter days are ahead for our passing offense.....

I wouldn’t play Buchner in the bowl game unless it’s some kind of wild cat. Really no sense in using him at all considering our 3 headed running game monster that nobody seems to be able to stop. Keep Pyne in. He’s in a flow with the team. No reason to scare off a grad transfer either. Mayer and company will likely sit anyway so we likely lose to some scrub team like Tulane bc nobody will be excited. Bowl games today are about as fun as mowing my lawn.

Get over it. Move on.
If LSU were tanking this year as many thought they would (exodus of players, not much experience, not much cohesion, play in the SEC, etc., etc.) you’d see a thread a week from him like in his prime Kelly hating days before 2020.

BTW..
Uuuhhh...
I was never under it.

BTW...
FSU loss

Beat a #8 ....

What is this? You often make decent points about football itself but this need to discredit everything Kelly is ridiculous. Nobody, absolutely NOBODY thought LSU would be #5 in the CFP rankings heading into its game vs. TA&M. After last season, nobody thought Jayden McDaniels would be having the season he’s having.

Alabama is #8 because it lost to LSU on a coin flip just like to Tennessee. On a neutral field, I doubt any team other than Georgia would be favored over them, except maybe Ohio State by a point or two.

“Doing Brian Kelly things.” Yes, he has a team poised to have a shot at the CFP again.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT