ADVERTISEMENT

Bryan Driskell

Oct 31, 2018
Just curious. Does anyone know where Bryan Driskell has gone after leaving “Blue & Gold Illustrated”? Thanks.

Well Bryan sure didn’t subscribe to the customer is always right school of management. I know his combative style pissed folks off on occasion, but I also think he was mostly reacting to provocative posts by a select few looking for a fight. I think the vast majority of members appreciated his insights and analysis, and I think he would still be here if he chose to be. Not sure the move to SI was a smart move, but it was his decision, and I wish him well.

Well Bryan sure didn’t subscribe to the customer is always right school of management. I know his combative style pissed folks off on occasion, but I also think he was mostly reacting to provocative posts by a select few looking for a fight. I think the vast majority of members appreciated his insights and analysis, and I think he would still be here if he chose to be. Not sure the move to SI was a smart move, but it was his decision, and I wish him well.

SI? Um. The funny thing is that Bryan’s writing wasn’t that good. (Lou’s is.) His analysis was. HIS skill was detailed, targeted analysis. Not exactly what SI does.

Reactions: NewMember21
Career ruin.....I mean a company that literally just fired half its staff.

“Math is Racist” Bryan (as I like to refer to him) had little choice as his dumbass on the job behavior caught up to him.
So he chose to sign up with the post-disclosure ENRON of sports reporting.

Too bad he didn’t listen to his betters.
stay classy....

Combative or just a low tolerance for stupidity? The guy knew his football.

Honestly, I can't imagine having to deal with on a regular basis, the wannabe Bill Belichick knuckleheads that post on here. 95% of what you get on here is 3 day old regurgitation of what some TV color commentators spewed out on Saturday.

The funny thing is the TV color commentators have to dumb down their analysis to a 2nd grade level, because 95% of the people watching the game at home wouldn't understand 2 words out of their mouth if they talked actual football.

Then you come on here and listen to certain posters chirping like parrots about what they heard Joel Klatt say on TV. And then pretend they observed something Brian Kelly did not. LMAO! In small doses it's amusing. To be around this junk full time would be a certified waste of time.

SI? Um. The funny thing is that Bryan’s writing wasn’t that good. (Lou’s is.) His analysis was. HIS skill was detailed, targeted analysis. Not exactly what SI does.

He’s doing the same thing there he did here, as far as analyzing, X’s & O’s, film breakdown. He is just in charge of all things ND over there. It’s not an article writing site, it’s just like here. SI is going mostly online, that’s why they fired a bunch of staff, but that has nothing to do with Bryan since his is all online.
It’s basically SI going the route if Rivals, 247, etc, with college football.

He’s doing the same thing there he did here, as far as analyzing, X’s & O’s, film breakdown. He is just in charge of all things ND over there. It’s not an article writing site, it’s just like here. SI is going mostly online, that’s why they fired a bunch of staff, but that has nothing to do with Bryan since his is all online.
It’s basically SI going the route if Rivals, 247, etc, with college football.
Thanks for explaining. I appreciate it.

Kinda my feelings on Coach D always.... tbh.... average writer, but his analysis was always honest an broke down in the way I was taught to break down film .......

Idc who he rubbed the wrong way, he was right about what he was saying almost always....

Reactions: Melvillegirl
Kinda my feelings on Coach D always.... tbh.... average writer, but his analysis was always honest an broke down in the way I was taught to break down film .......

Idc who he rubbed the wrong way, he was right about what he was saying almost always....
Eh. I really got annoyed by him in a podcast last summer when he basically said the fanbase didn’t know what they were talking about with the year 2 qb regression. He claimed it was a myth

Eh. I really got annoyed by him in a podcast last summer when he basically said the fanbase didn’t know what they were talking about with the year 2 qb regression. He claimed it was a myth

I personally think he’s right, I genuinely don’t think any of them regressed, I just don’t think they got any better, and once you learn what a guy is all about you know how to better defend him, only one QB in my entire playing career I can say evolved.....

It’s the toughest position in football for a reason, even more so when you’re playing it at Notre Dame.

I don't remember that (not saying it didn't happen)...I know he has talked about it himself before. I remember listening to the podcasts while kizer was playing and coach D talking about how he was making mistakes he had not made before. He blamed it on coach Sanford mostly and didn't exactly say it in so many words...but he was absolutely talking about 2ND year qbs under Kelly sometimes.

I always liked his analysis. I would see trends and specific plays that I couldn't quite see enough on TV to know exactly what went on...and then would listen to his podcast and he would talk about everything I picked out during the game. To me he was pretty legit.

I don't remember that (not saying it didn't happen)...I know he has talked about it himself before. I remember listening to the podcasts while kizer was playing and coach D talking about how he was making mistakes he had not made before. He blamed it on coach Sanford mostly and didn't exactly say it in so many words...but he was absolutely talking about 2ND year qbs under Kelly sometimes.

I always liked his analysis. I would see trends and specific plays that I couldn't quite see enough on TV to know exactly what went on...and then would listen to his podcast and he would talk about everything I picked out during the game. To me he was pretty legit.

i wish him well in his new endeavor. personally i was never a fan. didn't think much of his analysis.

Reactions: Ara64
i wish him well in his new endeavor. personally i was never a fan. didn't think much of his analysis.

LOL, what?

Even other analysts from other sites (including competing sites) acknowledged he was a very, very good at it.

You just sound bitter because you always think you are the expert that you are not.

LOL, what?

Even other analysts from other sites (including competing sites) acknowledged he was a very, very good at it.

You just sound bitter because you always think you are the expert that you are not.
it's quite alright to defend your buddy. i'm bitter because i didn't care for his analysis ? that's dumb. really don't give a damn what you think about me. i'm pretty comfortable in my own skin and what i know from a lifetime of experience and what i've learned from many, many top coaches.. keep spewing the "expert " analysis you think you get from paying 10 bucks a month.

Last edited:
I would like to work for SI. I would be in charge of taking care of the girls getting ready for the Sports illustrated swim suit addition ! Like picking them up at the airport, getting them lunches, giving back rubs, and getting the sand out of their bathing suits !

I would like to work for SI. I would be in charge of taking care of the girls getting ready for the Sports illustrated swim suit addition ! Like picking them up at the airport, getting them lunches, giving back rubs, and getting the sand out of their bathing suits !
Not some of the girls they have nowadays.

Reactions: echowaker
The funny thing is the TV color commentators have to dumb down their analysis to a 2nd grade level, because 95% of the people watching the game at home wouldn't understand 2 words out of their mouth if they talked actual football.

that's because there isn't that much good football teaching in the public media. 99% of it is congratulatory TV commentary, a few articles containing bits of jargon, but not much in between. And when I right click search on the jargon it usually lands me on a social media type attempting to write the entire playbook.

That’s music to my ears. The guy is a tool. I left Blue and Gold as a 13-year paid subscriber solely because of that beat-off. This is the first time I’ve signed back in since. Maybe it’s time to rejoin.

I read that he hired Scriptcomesfirst to write for his site. Script writes for a newspaper in Indiana. He is very good. I assume he edits Bryan's articles.

ADVERTISEMENT