ADVERTISEMENT

Bracy

His next positive post will be his first.
Do I need to post about all the great things people have discussed over and over..... I know we are short a second DB and a speed WR from possibly being best team in the country. Our second dB is just brutal at this point. I think wu could
Play it better .

I admit, I'm being a hardass, I know it. But yesterday I was fired up! After we scored to make it 31, and the way UNC's vaunted offense came out with 90 seconds to make a last-ditch effort... and they were just listless. Our defense crushed the will to fight right out of them.

I guess you could say I'm in no mood for any of the usual 'Get Bracy out of there!' type of crap. I want to enjoy this season!
BrAcy was out of there for the last 3 quarters. Hmm Nd gives up two tds because of bracy, he gets pulled, unc scores 3 more points . Hmm

BrAcy was out of there for the last 3 quarters. Hmm Nd gives up two tds because of bracy, he gets pulled, unc scores 3 more points . Hmm

Look, I didn't mean to suggest you're not actually a real football fan, I was just being a schmuck. But you are DEFINITELY a hater, which has a specific meaning in that you never shut up with the bitching and complaining and the belittling and whatnot. I know that's what fans supposedly do, that's all well and good, but can you take it down a few notches for the rest of this season?

That's all I'm asking. Just dial it down A LOT for the rest of this year when we're doing so good.

Do I need to post about all the great things people have discussed over and over..... I know we are short a second DB and a speed WR from possibly being best team in the country. Our second dB is just brutal at this point. I think wu could
Play it better .
The team is undefeated. This isn't the NFL. Yeah...the lack of speed is killing this team. McKinley and Ben are doing a great job!

The team is undefeated. This isn't the NFL. Yeah...the lack of speed is killing this team. McKinley and Ben are doing a great job!
We played a team averaging 570 yards a game and these football gurus are moaning about 2 completed passes. UNC did not crack 300 yards but somehow our players performed badly. Being so smart must be a miserable way to watch a football game.

I disagree. I think he's calling it the way he wants it to be seen.

I'm not saying we should always be bashing players. and it definitely goes too far sometimes. But Bracy didn't play well yesterday. It's ok to recognize that.

How did Bracy not play well Yesterday ?

The first TD was almost indefensible.

How did he not play well on that play ?

I don’t think bracy went back in after unc second Td..... for good reason .... he got chewed out. I was in stands behind Nd sideline, you could hear coaches saying you can’t get beat deep, we preached this for two weeks.

BEAT DEEP ?

NC’s first TD was from the 6 yard line !

The deepest that pass could have been was 15.9 yards

BEAT DEEP ?

Are you drunk? On the second TD drive, Bracy gave up a 50 yard pass that he got beat badly on. If the ball was thrown on target, the WR walks in. ND was using the safeties to take away the intermediate pass game and also to help in run support. Bracy’s job was to not get beat deep ALL GAME. He knew he wasn’t getting safety help with the scheme ND deployed. That’s on him. That’s why he was benched for a FR.

Reactions: Get Nasty
Look, I didn't mean to suggest you're not actually a real football fan, I was just being a schmuck. But you are DEFINITELY a hater, which has a specific meaning in that you never shut up with the bitching and complaining and the belittling and whatnot. I know that's what fans supposedly do, that's all well and good, but can you take it down a few notches for the rest of this season?

That's all I'm asking. Just dial it down A LOT for the rest of this year when we're doing so good.
I want to win a title ... we are short a corner and top end speed wr. Do you feel we can beat bama right now?!

Last edited:
How did Bracy not play well Yesterday ?

The first TD was almost indefensible.

How did he not play well on that play ?
What... the pass was short, wr had to come back. He Never turned or attempted to play ball when it was right there... awhile play... you knew it was a passing play on third down

bracy was horrendous yesterday and all season no way around it

BEAT DEEP ?

Ha ha ha.... Bracy got smoked for huge play as Howell was getting crushed after kurt held. Bracy benched vs Clemson and now Unc.... I think it’s time to move on

I don’t think bracy went back in after unc second Td..... for good reason .... he got chewed out. I was in stands behind Nd sideline, you could hear coaches saying you can’t get beat deep, we preached this for two weeks.

If they are yelling at him that means he is a BIG part of the team !! Bracy is a stud who does his job well !

How many points does our defense give up ? Not many.. Thanks to players like Bracy !!

Wow, you are a big time football analyst ! You heard a player getting yelled at on the sidelines !!

Have you ever made a mistake ??

*** Scrubs don't get yelled at !!

Reactions: NDapolisDS
If they are yelling at him that means he is a BIG part of the team !! Bracy is a stud who does his job well !

How many points does our defense give up ? Not many.. Thanks to players like Bracy !!

Wow, you are a big time football analyst ! You heard a player getting yelled at on the sidelines !!

Have you ever made a mistake ??
If you keep making the same mistakes over and over you will post on rivals like bodi

What... the pass was short, wr had to come back. He Never turned or attempted to play ball when it was right there... awhile play... you knew it was a passing play on third down

You need to look at the replay, the TD pass was high, not short, the receiver had to leap with his hands high above his head and Bracy just missed intercepting it.

..."approaching Clifford Jefferson level.." 😂🤣
I would hate to be a DB... and be compared to cliff Jefferson... if that’s his ceiling...OUCH!!!!.... but then again... I highly doubt... anybody remembers that hack....in our defensive backfield... or I would at least hope so..
Great analogy.

It's not a great analogy. Bracy was there with his head unturned, not falling 5 hards beind a vertical route.

I want to win a title ... we are short a corner and top end speed wr. Do you feel we can beat bama right now?!
Jesus com'on
Do you think we can beat Bama?
I don't know.. I think we can play with them and have a decent shot..
If we don't doesn't mean the team and players suck..
Try to enjoy the ride

Horrendous?
His play has dipped and he's lost some confidence.
But horrendous? No way
1st td was well executed and ball was put where only the receiver could make the play on it. Receiver made a heck of a catch.
It happens. Other good players make plays. And you tip your hat and play the next play.
You can't play DB no matter how good you are if you don't have a short memory.
2nd play deep ball was more Crawford s fault than Bracy's . Supposed to have safety help over the top on that.Crawford took the TE on the short route. Which was the wrong decision on that play. Part of the game. No secondary ever plays eevery play flawlessly . Its about limiting the mistakes. Held high powered NC offense to season low 17 and zero in 2nd half. Go Irish!

When is criticism bad ? Unless one is taking potshots at a player just to ridicule him. I have to agree Bracy is being targeted by teams that watch film and know his weaknesses and tendencies. That's is not being hurtful but pointing out where he needs to improve his game or it will bite ND in the butt. I hope he rewatches film to see his shortcomings and get better. No way that he should not have defended better on the second play. No excuses just excecution.
This

Objectively criticizing a player's performance in good taste is 100% fair game and reasonable. These kids aren't snowflakes, and if they, then they need to get thicker skin because no one in the real world is going to worry about their feelings.

The fact of the matter is that Bracy has struggled this year to turn his hips and run with opposing WR's on deep balls getting beat pretty badly a few times (Clemson and UNC). After both times, he was pulled for Lewis who didn't get beat deep once thereafter. Bracy has also struggled with finding and playing the ball on deep throws even when he catches up and ends up being in a position to make a play.

His coverage on UNC's first TD was pretty good and he ALMOST got an INT / pass breakup. The UNC WR made a great catch on an almost perfectly thrown ball by Howell. Thus, I don't have any criticism for him on that play as he did ALMOST everything he could have done. Just a 1/10 of a second too late in getting his hands up.

Perhaps I'm missing something that others see, but I struggle to understand why Crawford is starting. I feel like he often takes bad angles, does not have possess great speed, and is very small (5'9" on a good day) making it very difficult for him to contest balls in the air which limits his effectiveness in over the top coverage on deep balls. I feel like I notice him most frequently when he does something wrong...

Thoughts?

Objectively criticizing a player's performance in good taste is 100% fair game and reasonable. These kids aren't snowflakes, and if they, then they need to get thicker skin because no one in the real world is going to worry about their feelings.

The fact of the matter is that Bracy has struggled this year to turn his hips and run with opposing WR's on deep balls getting beat pretty badly a few times (Clemson and UNC). After both times, he was pulled for Lewis who didn't get beat deep once thereafter. Bracy has also struggled with finding and playing the ball on deep throws even when he catches up and ends up being in a position to make a play.

His coverage on UNC's first TD was pretty good and he ALMOST got an INT / pass breakup. The UNC WR made a great catch on an almost perfectly thrown ball by Howell. Thus, I don't have any criticism for him on that play as he did ALMOST everything he could have done. Just a 1/10 of a second too late in getting his hands up.

Perhaps I'm missing something that others see, but I struggle to understand why Crawford is starting. I feel like he often takes bad angles, does not have possess great speed, and is very small (5'9" on a good day) making it very difficult for him to contest balls in the air which limits his effectiveness in over the top coverage on deep balls. I feel like I notice him most frequently when he does something wrong...

Thoughts?

It doesn't have anything to do with the players, it isn't about sparing their feeings, it's about sparing MY feelings. I'm sure they're well aware how toxic fans can be, and completely steer clear of this sort of social media unless they like being all depressed after listening to a bunch of cranks and teenyboppers rip their performance to shreds every week.

However there are a large number of fans who are stoked about the team and don't appreciate their forum being monopolized by this kind of 'fair game' criticism, no matter how demonstrably contrary the reality may be. Hell look at the way you talk, that's what being a fan is to you, watching the game and then hitting the internet and venting your spleen. There are tons of fans - a silent majority let's say - who don't feel any compulsion to be loud armchair critics feasting on all the various shortcomings of their players on their own roster that they at least nominally support, but apparently they have no choice in the matter. Because being a fan IS being a 'hater' according to you.

So if you're dead set on cashing in on your birthright as a fan to bag on your own favorite team even after a particularly impressive and important win, at least make sure when you get your licks in that they're halfway cogent and reasonable and not wild and irrational and boring as they so often are.

One last thing, when you can't understand why someone is starting 'cause they seem like they suck so bad? It's probably because you're wrong and the coaches are right. As in they don't play shittier players for no reason, or any reason at all really. And the main reason is usually going to be however much the player you think sucks so bad, he's probably better than the alternative, and that's why he's playing.

Reactions: DublinND
It doesn't have anything to do with the players, it isn't about sparing their feeings, it's about sparing MY feelings. I'm sure they're well aware how toxic fans can be, and completely steer clear of this sort of social media unless they like being all depressed after listening to a bunch of cranks and teenyboppers rip their performance to shreds every week.

However there are a large number of fans who are stoked about the team and don't appreciate their forum being monopolized by this kind of 'fair game' criticism, no matter how demonstrably contrary the reality may be. Hell look at the way you talk, that's what being a fan is to you, watching the game and then hitting the internet and venting your spleen. There are tons of fans - a silent majority let's say - who don't feel any compulsion to be loud armchair critics feasting on all the various shortcomings of their players on their own roster that they at least nominally support, but apparently they have no choice in the matter. Because being a fan IS being a 'hater' according to you.

So if you're dead set on cashing in on your birthright as a fan to bag on your own favorite team even after a particularly impressive and important win, at least make sure when you get your licks in that they're halfway cogent and reasonable and not wild and irrational and boring as they so often are.

One last thing, when you can't understand why someone is starting 'cause they seem like they suck so bad? It's probably because you're wrong and the coaches are right. As in they don't play shittier players for no reason, or any reason at all really. And the main reason is usually going to be however much the player you think sucks so bad, he's probably better than the alternative, and that's why he's playing.

... and one more point, the other team will make some plays. There are 100+ plays in a football game, some of them will work! That was a top 5 offense. I guess it is the ignorance disguised as confidence in these posts that annoy me the most.

Are you drunk? On the second TD drive, Bracy gave up a 50 yard pass that he got beat badly on. If the ball was thrown on target, the WR walks in. ND was using the safeties to take away the intermediate pass game and also to help in run support. Bracy’s job was to not get beat deep ALL GAME. He knew he wasn’t getting safety help with the scheme ND deployed. That’s on him. That’s why he was benched for a FR.

So no offense is ever supposed to complete a deep pass against ND

The BEST defensive backs in college and NFL football get beat deep !

That’s a REALITY that you haven’t come to understand.

it happens every week throughout football.

But let’s go back to the 6 yard TD pass.
Tell us exactly how Bracy misplayed that !

The answer to your question is simple.

When criticism is constructive it’s very useful.
Without constructive criticism progress is impossible.

When criticism is without merit or just bitching it’s almost always destructive and of no benefit.

Some on this site want and expect perfection from the players and coaches when they themselves are flawed.

All of us are flawed, some just more than others.

The spin doctors on this board play much better defense. Maybe all of you should be promoted to 1st string CB. Trevor Lawrence will torch Bracy. Put a fire extinguisher on the ND sidelines.

We played a team averaging 570 yards a game and these football gurus are moaning about 2 completed passes. UNC did not crack 300 yards but somehow our players performed badly. Being so smart must be a miserable way to watch a football game.
I love your last sentence.

Reactions: francade
Horrendous?
But horrendous? No way
1st td was well executed and ball was put where only the receiver could make the play on it. Receiver made a heck of a catch.
It happens. Other good players make plays. And you tip your hat and play the next play.
2nd play deep ball was more Crawford s fault than Bracy's . Supposed to have safety help over the top on that.Crawford took the TE on the short route. Which was the wrong decision on that play. Part of the game. No secondary ever plays eevery play flawlessly . Its about limiting the mistakes. Held high powered NC offense to season low 17 and zero in 2nd half. Go Irish!
The ball was horribly placed and under thrown.... average dB swats it away good one picks the bad pass.

Horrendous?
But horrendous? No way
Why was Bracy benched the entire Clemson game and unc game after his good play as you say? Or was it awful play so he got benched?

So no offense is ever supposed to complete a deep pass against ND

The BEST defensive backs in college and NFL football get beat deep !

That’s a REALITY that you haven’t come to understand.

it happens every week throughout football.

But let’s go back to the 6 yard TD pass.
Tell us exactly how Bracy misplayed that !
He didn’t turn back, slow reacting and didn’t attempt to play the ball... there

Why was Bracy benched the entire Clemson game and unc game after his good play as you say? Or was it awful play so he got benched?
You're quite liberal with the use of descriptive terms like " awful " and " horrendous " in characterizing ND players. You really a fan? If you are then you are the worst kind of ND football fan. And I'm not a pollyanna either. I think Bracy s play of late has dropped. But if he was as you describe " horrendous " then on the #2 ranked team in the country Bracy would never see the field again. I'm sure if I went through your posts that up to post Clemson game you were ripping Ian Book constantly on here. Book is mediocre..Kelly should have gone with Jurkovic... ND will never win a big game with Ian Book as QB... and on and on..... NDs 29-3 starting QB!
Now after beating # 1 Clemson and being 9-0 its time to move off Book ( for time being) and on to Tariq Bracy. So why you leaving Jonathan Doerr out of your negative rants. Doerr made some ugly looking kicks yesterday and missed a chip shot FG that could have been critical. Did you forget about Doerr....
Recommendation : Give it a REST

You're quite liberal with the use of descriptive terms like " awful " and " horrendous " in characterizing ND players. You really a fan? If you are then you are the worst kind of ND football fan. And I'm not a pollyanna either. I think Bracy s play of late has dropped. But if he was as you describe " horrendous " then on the #2 ranked team in the country Bracy would never see the field again. I'm sure if I went through your posts that up to post Clemson game you were ripping Ian Book constantly on here. Book is mediocre..Kelly should have gone with Jurkovic... ND will never win a big game with Ian Book as QB... and on and on..... NDs 29-3 starting QB!
Now after beating # 1 Clemson and being 9-0 its time to move off Book ( for time being) and on to Tariq Bracy. So why you leaving Jonathan Doerr out of your negative rants. Doerr made some ugly looking kicks yesterday and missed a chip shot FG that could have been critical. Did you forget about Doerr....
Recommendation : Give it a REST
Book was playing average at best until Clemson.
Doerr was bad
Bracy was worse.

Book was playing average at best until Clemson.
Doerr was bad
Bracy was worse.
Great fan
One of the best
The 29 - 3 qb was just " average " until 3 games ago when he was 26 -3 .
They ought to hire you as an assistant coach/ talent evaluator for the ND football Program. We'd be in great hands.. what could go wrong .....

Thoughts?

A couple cycles of recruiting misses and it seemed like we grabbed a handful of 3 stars in hopes one would surprise. This is why I roll my eyes at the threads on Is this the best team since 1966? At corner we are miles behind just a couple years ago with Pride, Love, and Crawford.

A couple cycles of recruiting misses and it seemed like we grabbed a handful of 3 stars in hopes one would surprise. This is why I roll my eyes at the threads on Is this the best team since 1966? At corner we are miles behind just a couple years ago with Pride, Love, and Crawford.
Good points here ... our CB recruiting has been thin both in numbers and quality. The players we have are good and definitely helped by our ability to pressure the QB rushing 4 and generally very good safety play. I will say our tackling has been outstanding though. If you want to see what the top level looks like, look at LSUs secondary last year ... and still Clemson passed on them because their run game was working and their receivers can go fight for the ball and of course their QB is one of a kind.

I know. The OP is this board's most notorious hater of the classic definition. And this post singling out Bracy for condescending scorn after a dominant defensive performance couldn't be anymore transparent and clumsy.

The only point of a post like the OP is to get another round of hating going. Otherwise it doesn't make any sense, the whole thing collapses upon itself. Our defense is awesome, it impressively overachieves week after week and is carrying us to the playoff and an undefeated season, and yet this same crew of haters, presumably out of desperation, continues to pick on former middling three-star recruits for not playing like deion sanders on every play.

I do credit these haters for their audacity. They will not be denied. And it doesn't matter what our players do, if there's one false move, one misstep, one blown assignment, they will be there to pounce on them. This thread is particularly surreal given how great our defense was yesterday.

Its not that deep man. The OP asks a legitimate question. Sure his delivery is a bit harsh but none the less, its a legitimate question. If it bothers you so much, just move on or ignore it.

I thought Bracy was developing nicely until he got exposed by Clemson. I thought the TD catch against him yesterday was well defended and just a superior play on the ball by the receiver. The long completion against him down the center of the field was just poor defense on his part, but also a play where he Was left on his own without any help from a safety. Still, agree with your basic point,and that is we are playing with a very weak hand at one corner and Lea is working hard to minimize the obvious weakness in our defense.

Seems to be undersized physically which doesn't help in jump ball situations.

Its not that deep man. The OP asks a legitimate question. Sure his delivery is a bit harsh but none the less, its a legitimate question. If it bothers you so much, just move on or ignore it.

Now you're making me feel all bad. I think the truth is it's probably a lot deeper than all of that, now that you mention it. But we won't go there.

I said my peace. Haters gonna hate.

Can’t beat bama or probably fully healthy Clemson /OSU with one corner.
I thought bracy would be ok, clearly he isn’t. Lewis must be mentally far a long, he just isn’t physically overly gifted for a top 5 team.

ADVERTISEMENT