ADVERTISEMENT

Bracy

So no offense is ever supposed to complete a deep pass against ND

The BEST defensive backs in college and NFL football get beat deep !

That’s a REALITY that you haven’t come to understand.

it happens every week throughout football.

But let’s go back to the 6 yard TD pass.
Tell us exactly how Bracy misplayed that !

It definitely happens and when it does, someone’s responsible. In this case, it was Bracy. Not sure why you can’t comprehend this. It’s basic understanding

It definitely happens and when it does, someone’s responsible. In this case, it was Bracy. Not sure why you can’t comprehend this. It’s basic understanding
Exactly.... the problem is the obviously terrible coverage has been bracy over and over, yet he hasn’t even played much because he keeps getting benched. When he’s in teams target him. Lewis seems to not make dumb mistakes but not sure he’s the answer long term. Doesn’t seem to have that good of change of direction, or closing speed. He’s probably who the coaches will roll with this year.

Last edited:
It doesn't have anything to do with the players, it isn't about sparing their feeings, it's about sparing MY feelings. I'm sure they're well aware how toxic fans can be, and completely steer clear of this sort of social media unless they like being all depressed after listening to a bunch of cranks and teenyboppers rip their performance to shreds every week.

However there are a large number of fans who are stoked about the team and don't appreciate their forum being monopolized by this kind of 'fair game' criticism, no matter how demonstrably contrary the reality may be. Hell look at the way you talk, that's what being a fan is to you, watching the game and then hitting the internet and venting your spleen. There are tons of fans - a silent majority let's say - who don't feel any compulsion to be loud armchair critics feasting on all the various shortcomings of their players on their own roster that they at least nominally support, but apparently they have no choice in the matter. Because being a fan IS being a 'hater' according to you.

So if you're dead set on cashing in on your birthright as a fan to bag on your own favorite team even after a particularly impressive and important win, at least make sure when you get your licks in that they're halfway cogent and reasonable and not wild and irrational and boring as they so often are.

One last thing, when you can't understand why someone is starting 'cause they seem like they suck so bad? It's probably because you're wrong and the coaches are right. As in they don't play shittier players for no reason, or any reason at all really. And the main reason is usually going to be however much the player you think sucks so bad, he's probably better than the alternative, and that's why he's playing.
You need to chill. Seems like you're projecting issues you have had with other posters / fans onto me. Please state where EXACTLY I said or implied that "being a fan is being a hater". I don't hate any ND player nor have I ever. Further, there was no "venting".

Perhaps I need to make what I believe to be fairly obvious statements to avoid being misconstrued by people like you who are waiting to pounce on anyone who posts anything that remotely resembles negativity of any sort directed towards any player or coach.

1. ND's defense is exceptional this year
2. The team's culture, work ethic, and discipline are probably the best I have ever seen based on what I can see from afar as a fan
3. This is by far my favorite ND team to watch in recent memory (I was 12 in 1993, so did not fully appreciate how long it would be before I saw something similar again)
4. These are all 18-23 year old young men who are learning, growing, maturing, and are having to do so on a national stage
5. These kids will make mistakes, they will not play perfect, they will drop passes, they will make incorrect reads, they will miss tackles, they will fumble, they will blow coverage, they will miss chip shot field goals, etc.
6. I am SUPER freaking happy about how the team is performing this year. It's truly amazing and I am appreciating every single moment of it.

That being said, I enjoy ANALYZING the team's performance - positive and negative. I'm not a complainer or a whiner nor do I bash these kids even when they do boneheaded things (like most 18-23 year olds do from time to time) - because I EXPECT that to happen on occasion. However, there's nothing inappropriate or distasteful about raising concerns regarding Bracy's play (there has been very little said about this anything so far - except by our friends on the One Foot Down podcast who also asked the SAME question I asked) due to the somewhat consistent patterns that have emerged that other teams have picked up on. Look, all I can see is what I see on TV and read about online. I know there are posters here who have inside information, which is why I ended my post with "Thoughts?" as I wanted to hear what others knew about the situation. Perhaps they have different concerns about Lewis that makes it a difficult decision for them as they have to effectively "pick their poison" with Bracy and Lewis. I think Bracy is a great kid so this is nothing personal and I am cheering for him to elevate his play so he doesn't get exposed again. However, I've just noticed that he has gotten exposed a few times and if it doesn't get corrected, it will be an issue going forward. So forgive me for objectively analyzing his performance. This is not a rant about the one thing I can find "bad" about the team.

Are we not allowed to ask other posters what they think about a player, coach, etc. if we have a concern? Is that against the rules?

There's a CLEAR difference between doing what I did and personally attacking, berating, or otherwise slandering a player.

Now contrast that with YOUR response to my post which was anything but appropriate and frankly included personal attacks on someone you don't even know. Again, you need to chill.

Reactions: Telx1 and Tru2Irish
JTC486.- Exactly. I would hope no one on here trashes Bracy. But pointing out some flaws,trends to show the need for him to develop better is constructive not detrimental. Everyone has flaws and can improve on those. He can watch film and see tendencies that other teams use against him. If he works on those,he will get better. If he continues them, another player has to step in. Do not think for a minute teams like Clemson,Bama,OSU,Fla. will not only expose but target him after they see film. Bracy is probably a fine young man but he can and should handle critique of his gameplay without personal attacks. I've read several on posts that negatively attack another poster because they feel their own posts are the only correct posts on here and feel they are experts. Get over the narcissism. Everyone on here has a voice-hopefully it is to back the Irish and not just troll. GO IRISH. GO BRACY.

Yep... bracy I’m sure is a hard working good guy. I’ve heard he has some sort of yips, my assumption is he’s lacking confidence, doesn’t trust himself, which makes him play like he’s in quicksand. He obviously should know the system best and he’s faster and quicker than Lewis but now is not the time to play through his issues, he isn’t that good when he’s on to let him figure it out. Maybe second half vs Cuse if Up big give him some burn and put him in 1-1 situations. My hope is cam develops, as he has all the physical traits you want and is nicks back up. Nd can’t give up simple tds in big games due to lack of confidence and head being in la la land like bracy did vs Clemson and unc. Coaches clearly know it as he didn’t come back in either game.
My question is do the coaches give him another big chance (without injury) with how bad he has played. My guess is no, and they may look at Crawford some there as backup safeties playing better. Crawford is tackling so bad from his safety position, he’s better tackling from the corner or nickel spots. You want Crawford on the field, but he’s in the wrong spot. He’ll stay there though until coaches have full trust in back up safeties.

again, this is all about how we beat bama osu and Clemson. Our D is really good, needs to be a little better to hold them down.

Last edited:
You need to chill. Seems like you're projecting issues you have had with other posters / fans onto me. Please state where EXACTLY I said or implied that "being a fan is being a hater". I don't hate any ND player nor have I ever. Further, there was no "venting".

Perhaps I need to make what I believe to be fairly obvious statements to avoid being misconstrued by people like you who are waiting to pounce on anyone who posts anything that remotely resembles negativity of any sort directed towards any player or coach.

1. ND's defense is exceptional this year
2. The team's culture, work ethic, and discipline are probably the best I have ever seen based on what I can see from afar as a fan
3. This is by far my favorite ND team to watch in recent memory (I was 12 in 1993, so did not fully appreciate how long it would be before I saw something similar again)
4. These are all 18-23 year old young men who are learning, growing, maturing, and are having to do so on a national stage
5. These kids will make mistakes, they will not play perfect, they will drop passes, they will make incorrect reads, they will miss tackles, they will fumble, they will blow coverage, they will miss chip shot field goals, etc.
6. I am SUPER freaking happy about how the team is performing this year. It's truly amazing and I am appreciating every single moment of it.

That being said, I enjoy ANALYZING the team's performance - positive and negative. I'm not a complainer or a whiner nor do I bash these kids even when they do boneheaded things (like most 18-23 year olds do from time to time) - because I EXPECT that to happen on occasion. However, there's nothing inappropriate or distasteful about raising concerns regarding Bracy's play (there has been very little said about this anything so far - except by our friends on the One Foot Down podcast who also asked the SAME question I asked) due to the somewhat consistent patterns that have emerged that other teams have picked up on. Look, all I can see is what I see on TV and read about online. I know there are posters here who have inside information, which is why I ended my post with "Thoughts?" as I wanted to hear what others knew about the situation. Perhaps they have different concerns about Lewis that makes it a difficult decision for them as they have to effectively "pick their poison" with Bracy and Lewis. I think Bracy is a great kid so this is nothing personal and I am cheering for him to elevate his play so he doesn't get exposed again. However, I've just noticed that he has gotten exposed a few times and if it doesn't get corrected, it will be an issue going forward. So forgive me for objectively analyzing his performance. This is not a rant about the one thing I can find "bad" about the team.

Are we not allowed to ask other posters what they think about a player, coach, etc. if we have a concern? Is that against the rules?

There's a CLEAR difference between doing what I did and personally attacking, berating, or otherwise slandering a player.

Now contrast that with YOUR response to my post which was anything but appropriate and frankly included personal attacks on someone you don't even know. Again, you need to chill.

Good grief. You haters REALLY want to reserve the right to get toxic when the mood hits you. I don't know, you don't seem like you're too bad, so I don't know why you're getting all offended, other than you're the kind of guy who takes everything very personally.

Anyway, okay, so here comes the backlash. You guys are haters and that's what fans do and you have no intention of slowing down even if we actually did win every game 100-0. And so that's how it's going to be I guess, as long as you're not explicitly actually slandering the individual players. Haters gonna hate....

You can't blame me for trying, though, even though you're totally blaming me.

it happens to almost every DB in college and Pro football, no surprise there.

So who are you going to replace him with ?

Is the DLine responsible for giving the QB enough time to throw a deep ball ?

Exactly.... the problem is the obviously terrible coverage has been bracy over and over, yet he hasn’t even played much because he keeps getting benched. When he’s in teams target him. Lewis seems to not make dumb mistakes but not sure he’s the answer long term. Doesn’t seem to have that good of change of direction, or closing speed. He’s probably who the coaches will roll with this year.

How do you know that other teams target Bracy ?

Are you privy to their game plans ?

Or are you just wildly speculating to fit your narrative like you did with Book ?

So it’s your position that teams don’t target any of our other DB’s, interesting, uninformed but interesting

He played the TD very well.

So one play defines his body of work ?

Every player has poor plays !

are we talking about the same play?

the ball might have grazed his hand as is. Move it 1 mm and he forced a FGA.

are we talking about the same play?

the ball might have grazed his hand as is. Move it 1 mm and he forced a FGA.

Seeing the replay of the TD reminds me of what I thought when I watched it live, i.e., might taunting have been called on the play? After the UNC receiver got off the ground it sure appeared that he bent over and yelled something at Bracy. But maybe he was just expressing a little spontaneous exuberance. I actually don't want to see that taken away from the game.

How do you know that other teams target Bracy ?

Are you privy to their game plans ?

Or are you just wildly speculating to fit your narrative like you did with Book ?

So it’s your position that teams don’t target any of our other DB’s, interesting, uninformed but interesting
I know because bracy in, Td for player he covers.... bracy out,no Td

The OP is one of the most laughable, preposterous haters I've ever seen on any football message board. The guy's a complete joke. I imagine that you're defending him 'cause you like to dabble with being a hater yourself when you're in the mood? Does that sound about right? I mean right now it's pretty hard to justify, we're #2 in the country, our defense is indubitably great, and even Ian Book is being praised to the skies and getting some Heisman buzz. But that won't always be in the case, right? Then it's time to hate hate hate!

I mean come on now, the OP is like the worst hater on this board, he's like a dictionary definition of the most banal, boring, trite and predictable hater. And you're saying I'm overusing the word in describing him that way.....

Got it.
Yes he is...and everyone else sees what you are too. Grow up. It's a fan board and OPs criticism is accurate. Bracy has always had bad trailing technique and made plays based on speed and a strong supporting cast.
CB was the biggest concern coming into this year by far. New coach, very unproven bench, and a late grad transfer who walked in the door as the #1 qb.

Facts are facts.

Even if they or the original poster piss you off... He is totally accurate.

The coverage on this play was really good. Great play by receiver and qb
Uh. No. Great position for a cb yes. Great play? No. He was late in his turn, he was short (like got two inches off the ground) in his defense of the pass. Being in the right place is great...kudos to him. Being totally inneffective in playing the ball...take the criticism it was earned.

The coverage on this play was really good. Great play by receiver and qb

what... coverage was awful in the sense he did nothing, throw was bad... herbstreit said same thing during live game, poorly thrown ball. It was thrown to bracy not the wr, except we’ll, it’s bracy

You people are ridiculous.

1. That is one of the toughest plays to defend.

2. The wr pushed him a little to create separation.

3. It caused him to turn and when he did the ball was already on him.

4. He then didn't have time to make a leap because the ball was on him so quick. Also it's hard to get turnt, then quick jump.

People are way overreacting on this play. Nfl guys get beat on this exact play every single week. Criticize something legit. There's plenty of that out there

Yes he is...and everyone else sees what you are too. Grow up. It's a fan board and OPs criticism is accurate. Bracy has always had bad trailing technique and made plays based on speed and a strong supporting cast.
CB was the biggest concern coming into this year by far. New coach, very unproven bench, and a late grad transfer who walked in the door as the #1 qb.

Facts are facts.

Even if they or the original poster piss you off... He is totally accurate.

I guess you're right, then, Bracy deserves it.

You people are ridiculous.

1. That is one of the toughest plays to defend.

2. The wr pushed him a little to create separation.

3. It caused him to turn and when he did the ball was already on him.

4. He then didn't have time to make a leap because the ball was on him so quick. Also it's hard to get turnt, then quick jump.

People are way overreacting on this play. Nfl guys get beat on this exact play every single week. Criticize something legit. There's plenty of that out there
On this play yes, on this poorly of a thrown ball.... heck no

Looks like the receiver pushed Bracy to gain some separation, no ?

ADVERTISEMENT