ADVERTISEMENT

Bracy

Get Nasty

I've posted how many times?
Jul 26, 2006
I have never understood why, but some have been high on him.

Should he ever see the field again? His corner play this year is approaching Clifford Jefferson level. You do not want to be compared to him.

Lewis just played super soft and they gave him help underneath. Is that how we roll this year with our second DB.... don’t try to defend the Ball with our second db, just let them try to complete long field throws for 10 yards and hope they miss?
For as good as our D is, imagine if we had a second corner.

I thought Bracy was developing nicely until he got exposed by Clemson. I thought the TD catch against him yesterday was well defended and just a superior play on the ball by the receiver. The long completion against him down the center of the field was just poor defense on his part, but also a play where he Was left on his own without any help from a safety. Still, agree with your basic point,and that is we are playing with a very weak hand at one corner and Lea is working hard to minimize the obvious weakness in our defense.

Reactions: VTND

Should he ever see the field again? His corner play this year is approaching Clifford Jefferson level. You do not want to be compared to him.

Lewis just played super soft and they gave him help underneath. Is that how we roll this year with our second DB.... don’t try to defend the Ball with our second db, just let them try to complete long field throws for 10 yards and hope they miss?
..."approaching Clifford Jefferson level.." 😂🤣

I would hate to be a DB... and be compared to cliff Jefferson... if that’s his ceiling...OUCH!!!!.... but then again... I highly doubt... anybody remembers that hack....in our defensive backfield... or I would at least hope so..

Lewis is going to be an outstanding player.

Reactions: IrishMike409
I know, that's why haters like the OP are so toxic. His post is not even a real post, he's just trying to get a reaction. He's just a miserable, worthless hater who may well not even be much of an actual football fan. But this is a good outlet for him to be toxic online. Just familiarize yourself enough with the sport to justify your presence on a football message board, and then let the toxic hate flow....

And I say that because these posts are just stupid. They really don't even make sense. They're barely justifiable on any grounds, and are nothing more than nonsensical, blatant trolling.

Yeah OP, we'll get right on that. And Tariq Bracy will never play again. Good lookin' out!

I know, that's why haters like the OP are so toxic. His post is not even a real post, he's just trying to get a reaction. He's just a miserable, worthless hater who may well not even be much of an actual football fan. But this is a good outlet for him to be toxic online. Just familiarize yourself enough with the sport to justify your presence on a football message board, and then let the toxic hate flow....

And I say that because these posts are just stupid. They really don't even make sense. They're barely justifiable on any grounds, and are nothing more than nonsensical, blatant trolling.

Yeah OP, we'll get right on that. And Tariq Bracy will never play again. Good lookin' out!
And I think you use the hater tag way too liberally and way too often! Nasty is a ND fan who prefers to focus on players and areas where improvement is needed for us to consistently play like a top five team.

And I think you use the hater tag way too liberally and way too often! Nasty is a ND fan who prefers to focus on players and areas where improvement is needed for us to consistently play like a top five team.
Grown men who never played the game at remotely similar level calling out teenage student athletes on who are leaving it all on the field, in the name of improving our team. We aren’t going to win every game 100-0 and hold the opponents to zero first downs. Howell made a perfect throw - Bracy had great position, turned and located the ball and receiver made a great play on the ball. Behavior on this board, especially during the game, is disgraceful.

The OP is one of the most laughable, preposterous haters I've ever seen on any football message board. The guy's a complete joke. I imagine that you're defending him 'cause you like to dabble with being a hater yourself when you're in the mood? Does that sound about right? I mean right now it's pretty hard to justify, we're #2 in the country, our defense is indubitably great, and even Ian Book is being praised to the skies and getting some Heisman buzz. But that won't always be in the case, right? Then it's time to hate hate hate!

I mean come on now, the OP is like the worst hater on this board, he's like a dictionary definition of the most banal, boring, trite and predictable hater. And you're saying I'm overusing the word in describing him that way.....

Got it.

Grown men who never played the game at remotely similar level calling out teenage student athletes on who are leaving it all on the field, in the name of improving our team. We aren’t going to win every game 100-0 and hold the opponents to zero first downs. Howell made a perfect throw - Bracy had great position, turned and located the ball and receiver made a great play on the ball. Behavior on this board, especially during the game, is disgraceful.
You’ll note that I said something very similar in my prior post about Bracy’s play on that TD catch! I don’t visit here during our games for the very reason you cite. The over the top negative reaction on a play by play basis with leaping generalizations about the team or coaches based on a few plays is often beyond asinine, and most often looks really stupid by games end. Yes, these young men make huge sacrifices to be on the field and they deserve our support and admiration; but that doesn’t preclude talking here about bad plays or poor play by individuals or the team. Hell, I value objective criticism on this board. If everyone posted like a cheerleader this would be one boring forum!

I know. The OP is this board's most notorious hater of the classic definition. And this post singling out Bracy for condescending scorn after a dominant defensive performance couldn't be anymore transparent and clumsy.

The only point of a post like the OP is to get another round of hating going. Otherwise it doesn't make any sense, the whole thing collapses upon itself. Our defense is awesome, it impressively overachieves week after week and is carrying us to the playoff and an undefeated season, and yet this same crew of haters, presumably out of desperation, continues to pick on former middling three-star recruits for not playing like deion sanders on every play.

I do credit these haters for their audacity. They will not be denied. And it doesn't matter what our players do, if there's one false move, one misstep, one blown assignment, they will be there to pounce on them. This thread is particularly surreal given how great our defense was yesterday.

The OP is one of the most laughable, preposterous haters I've ever seen on any football message board. The guy's a complete joke. I imagine that you're defending him 'cause you like to dabble with being a hater yourself when you're in the mood? Does that sound about right? I mean right now it's pretty hard to justify, we're #2 in the country, our defense is indubitably great, and even Ian Book is being praised to the skies and getting some Heisman buzz. But that won't always be in the case, right? Then it's time to hate hate hate!

I mean come on now, the OP is like the worst hater on this board, he's like a dictionary definition of the most banal, boring, trite and predictable hater. And you're saying I'm overusing the word in describing him that way.....

Got it.
Suggesting that I dabble in being a hater myself just validates my view that you use the term hater way too often and way too liberally.

Reactions: Bumpdaddy

Good throw and catch beats good coverage in the football of today.

Maybe not in your flag football league but in tackle football it is so.

I admittedly made some negative comments about Bracy yesterday. It was heat of the moment and purely due to nerves/frustration at how the game started.

I also tried to make positive comments as often as possible.

The goal needs to be for comments to balance out and for the "line" to never be crossed.

This is a ND football message board. It is literally THE place on the internet to comment on if you think a player is underperforming.

Bracy is underperforming and it’s really too bad. The fade was good defense and better offense. But you can see why ND has trended away from the smaller corners like Bracy in recruiting. A wide field fade against a short corner is easy money.

On the long pass, I was very mad that the refs missed a very obvious hold by the O Line up the middle. Play shouldn’t have happened. But regardless he got torched.

Reactions: Tru2Irish
When is criticism bad ? Unless one is taking potshots at a player just to ridicule him. I have to agree Bracy is being targeted by teams that watch film and know his weaknesses and tendencies. That's is not being hurtful but pointing out where he needs to improve his game or it will bite ND in the butt. I hope he rewatches film to see his shortcomings and get better. No way that he should not have defended better on the second play. No excuses just excecution.

This is a ND football message board. It is literally THE place on the internet to comment on if you think a player is underperforming.

Bracy is underperforming and it’s really too bad. The fade was good defense and better offense. But you can see why ND has trended away from the smaller corners like Bracy in recruiting. A wide field fade against a short corner is easy money.

On the long pass, I was very mad that the refs missed a very obvious hold by the O Line up the middle. Play shouldn’t have happened. But regardless he got torched.

I don't know, man. We have probably the best defense in the country pound for pound. And we're doing it with three-star nobodies like Tariq Bracy. We're 9-0, #2 in country, with a great defense, an overachieving defense that consistently outperforms what it ought to be doing.

You set the bar too high.

Plus I love how you euphemize being a hater as 'comment on a player's underperformance'. Oh, if that's all you're doing, well then have at it, after all you're merely commenting on a player's underperformance. In any case, there was no way this was going to last. Beating Clemson was great and chilled everything out for a couple of weeks. But there was no way it would last. Even after a superior defensive performance in some ways more impressive than the Clemson win, the urge is too strong.

I don't know, man. We have probably the best defense in the country pound for pound. And we're doing it with three-star nobodies like Tariq Bracy. We're 9-0, #2 in country, with a great defense, an overachieving defense that consistently outperforms what it ought to be doing.

You set the bar too high.

Plus I love how you euphemize being a hater as 'comment on a player's underperformance'. Oh, if that's all you're doing, well then have at it, after all you're merely commenting on a player's underperformance. In any case, there was no way this was going to last. Beating Clemson was great and chilled everything out for a couple of weeks. But there was no way it would last. Even after a superior defensive performance in some ways more impressive than the Clemson win, the urge is too strong.
Hey man, fan is short for fanatical for a reason. There are millions of Notre Dame fans across the world. Around 100 come to a message board to comment regularly about the ins and outs of the program on a daily basis.

You don’t have the right to always call someone a hater when you don’t like what they have to say. You signed up for this, so you need to deal with it better.

Reactions: Bumpdaddy
Hey man, fan is short for fanatical for a reason. There are millions of Notre Dame fans across the world. Around 100 come to a message board to comment regularly about the ins and outs of the program on a daily basis.

You don’t have the right to always call someone a hater when you don’t like what they have to say. You signed up for this, so you need to deal with it better.

Yes, but when you see a repetitive pattern, he’s calling it like it is.

Bracy had good body coverage for most of the day, has not picked up the nuance of time, place and head. He had a few really bad plays but on TV they only show the successful plays, not the other 95% he has blanket coverage.

That first TD he as to know the man is behind and he just needs to knock that down. He was going Pick.

Our new coaches at RB and secondary are much improved.

All I ask, is when we're 9-0 and #2 in the country, and we're doing it with guys like Book and Tariq Bracy and Kyren Williams who if anything are overachieving.... that you put a sock in it.

When we go back to being 9-3 and 8-4, which hopefully that day never comes.... then have it. It'll be a hater's buffet! And that's fine, whatever. But not when we're winning like we're winning. It's just not right. You got fans inventing reasons, looking for nooks and crannies to bash the team with, just for the sake of doing it. And to pick on defensive players after yesterday's game? What planet are we living on? I can't remember the last time I was that fired up over such a shut-down, clutch defensive performance to secure the win and keep the dream alive.

What?? I signed up for this? Get a job.... you lousy hater.

I disagree. I think he's calling it the way he wants it to be seen.

I'm not saying we should always be bashing players. and it definitely goes too far sometimes. But Bracy didn't play well yesterday. It's ok to recognize that.

Seriously, I didn't attack you personally. Why do you think that's ok to attack me?

I'm not attacking you. Just relax, all I did was call you a hater, it's not some horrible thing. I've been called an apologist more than once and you don't see me crying about it. An apologist for an undefeated team #2 in the country.....

Come on man, ND gave up 78 yards in the second half ... who screwed up, the board demands names!

I admit, I'm being a hardass, I know it. But yesterday I was fired up! After we scored to make it 31, and the way UNC's vaunted offense came out with 90 seconds to make a last-ditch effort... and they were just listless. Our defense crushed the will to fight right out of them.

I guess you could say I'm in no mood for any of the usual 'Get Bracy out of there!' type of crap. I want to enjoy this season!

Reactions: Shulkswagen
I admit, I'm being a hardass, I know it. But yesterday I was fired up! After we scored to make it 31, and the way UNC's vaunted offense came out with 90 seconds to make a last-ditch effort... and they were just listless. Our defense crushed the will to fight right out of them.

I guess you could say I'm in no mood for any of the usual 'Get Bracy out of there!' type of crap. I want to enjoy this season!
A friend texted me after UNC first drive and said we are in trouble. I said nah we will be alright, Howell is going to get hit and harassed all day.

Howell was tough but ND defense made life very uncomfortable for him yesterday.

Bracy had good body coverage for most of the day, has not picked up the nuance of time, place and head. He had a few really bad plays but on TV they only show the successful plays, not the other 95% he has blanket coverage.

That first TD he as to know the man is behind and he just needs to knock that down. He was going Pick.

Our new coaches at RB and secondary are much improved.
I don’t think bracy went back in after unc second Td..... for good reason .... he got chewed out. I was in stands behind Nd sideline, you could hear coaches saying you can’t get beat deep, we preached this for two weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT