ADVERTISEMENT

Botelho Back

kelly said today botelho will play. How much, what impact, who knows.

Too bad he doesn't play LB. We're thinner there. But hopefully he can make an impact with his pass rushing.

Something about this smells fishy. Remember when rumors were floating around that Botelho was going to miss some or all of the season for some unknown reason. During a press conference Kelly says it's ridiculous he doesn't know where these things start, there is no truth to it.

The opening game rolls around and suddenly Botelho is not in the squad and as far as I know no reason was given. Now suddenly he's available and again I haven't seen a reason why he's was out.
The assumption was Covid. Same with Diggs who is in the exact same boat.

Fauci has made some mistakes but he’s also dealing with a new virus and multiple variants. The messaging could have been better.
99.3%, if that’s the correct number, chance of survival is high, but across billions of people worldwide results in millions dead. Plus you’re more likely to spread the virus to another person. Survival rates for the vaccinated are much much higher.
I cant imagine the mental gymastics needed to explain Israel......

This isn't actually correct but not completely wrong either. Nearly every study has shown that the vaccine viral load of the Delta variant in vaccinated and unvaccinated people is identical. The vaccine does nothing to stop one from getting or spreading the Delta variant. Just look at Israel and Iceland which have well more than 80% of their population vaccinated, they are seeing rise in cases (of Delta).

There are 215-ish strains of flu and if you don't get the correct vaccine that means you aren't protected from the others. Thats why every year they make an educated guess as to what strains we are likely to see that flu season and you get a vaccine that includes 2-4 of the likely strains.

But, just like the flu even if you don't get the correct vaccine the symptoms you suffer are likely to be less severe if you get vaccinated.
What exactly wasnt correct? You said the vaccine does nothing to stop one from getting or spreading the Delta variant and to look at Isreal. Your statement is incorrect. 17% of unvaccinated people account for 65% of the CovID cases in Israel. I said the vaccine is not 100% effective against preventing infection but significantly better than no protection. Again, just look at the math. Here’s the article from the paper in Isreal with some recent stats - https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ha...serious-covid-19-cases-death-delta-1.10208784

I wasn’t able to get an elective surgery due to others Covid concerns. That may have implications I’ve yet to realize. Lots of people died or are still dealing with mental problems due to the reaction to Covid. Covid is no bueno. Im not anti vacc or a crazy right winged science denier. I’m vaccinated and didn’t hesitate. If u don’t want the vaccine, it’s your ass. I do not get the forced theory. I understood forced masking before the vaccine. That was protecting people that wanted a vaccine and were concerned about getting sick. I supported that. Don’t tread on me, means don’t get me sick, just as much as it means don’t make me get vaccinated. Post vaccine it’s simply tyranny, as it has no purpose other than arbitrary power. People aren’t ever going to concede to lifetime masking. Don’t tread on me means, if it isn’t hurting anyone but yourself, don’t worry about it. Liberty is the most important American foundational principle. I don’t understand why liberals despise that principle. I don’t smoke, but I could legally. Do I have the right to do that in a public restaurant? No, I don’t believe I do. Smoking is far more dangerous than Covid. People have the right not to have to breathe in your shit habit. If you want to get Covid or want to take that risk, it’s your God given right. Same as it is to swim with sharks. If it’s bad for the sharks, it’s no longer your right. We’re beyond the point where masks or vaccines are needed to protect people that are vaccinated. You have a fricken vaccine for God’s sake.
Liberal who respects libertarians here. I hope you're open to 2 genuine criticisms to your post:

1. Kids under 12 still can't get vaccinated. I know they're WAY less likely to have a serious case of Covid than adults, but there are rare cases of kids having long-term effects or even dying from the virus. I'll probably be in lock-step with you once my 2 kiddos can get a shot.

2. Health Care workers are exhausted. A friend of mine who is an ER nurse told me he is regularly working 12 hour shifts with no lunch break and no bathroom breaks because his hospital is in permanent crisis mode with so many Covid patients. When you say "If you don't want the vaccine, it's your ass," I can't help but think that it's also your local nurse's ass (or more accurately, their sanity) that is also on the line. These problems will work themselves out in due time, but they are problems.

What exactly wasnt correct? You said the vaccine does nothing to stop one from getting or spreading the Delta variant and to look at Isreal. Your statement is incorrect. 17% of unvaccinated people account for 65% of the CovID cases in Israel. I said the vaccine is not 100% effective against preventing infection but significantly better than no protection. Again, just look at the math. Here’s the article from the paper in Isreal with some recent stats - https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ha...serious-covid-19-cases-death-delta-1.10208784
No, 17% of the unvaccinated are 65% of hospitalization not infections. So again, you'll likely be less sick. What Israel is also finding is the vaccine wanes after only a few months.

Liberal who respects libertarians here. I hope you're open to 2 genuine criticisms to your post:

1. Kids under 12 still can't get vaccinated. I know they're WAY less likely to have a serious case of Covid than adults, but there are rare cases of kids having long-term effects or even dying from the virus. I'll probably be in lock-step with you once my 2 kiddos can get a shot.

2. Health Care workers are exhausted. A friend of mine who is an ER nurse told me he is regularly working 12 hour shifts with no lunch break and no bathroom breaks because his hospital is in permanent crisis mode with so many Covid patients. When you say "If you don't want the vaccine, it's your ass," I can't help but think that it's also your local nurse's ass (or more accurately, their sanity) that is also on the line. These problems will work themselves out in due time, but they are problems.
My wife's a nurse and they are exhausted because so many nurses have quit or retired. They quit because the endless protocols they have to observe. My wife has grown tired of it and is thinking of quitting.

Hospitals across the country are closing beds due to staffing shortages. 2 large hospital systems in MI just announced they are closing 120 & 180 beds. A hospital in NY is shutting it's maternity ward due to staffing.

Hospitals aren't full of Covid patients, they are full of people who delayed treatment over the last year. Mental health intakes (which requires much lower nurse to patient ratio) have ballooned. COVID is only added to an already stressed hospital system that are losing staff

Vaccine doesn't keep you from getting it. I got in in Late July. Hospital 11 days. Guy in next room was vaccinated. Funny they NEVER talk about natural immunity and NEVER talk about the decent rate of people who are vaccinated getting it. It's only demonizing non vaxxers. They actually blame the vaccinated getting it on the unvaccinated. WTF? Science. 😂
I have not got vaccinated and never will.

Valid points.
I don’t completely agree on the first post given that the flu, RSV, and other viruses are far more dangerous to kids and we don’t really even try to prevent the spread of those disease.

point #2 is valid.

I support your choice! Just don’t cough in my face.
I always maintain my distance and wear a mask when people come near me.
And I support your choice. But don't cough in my face either. The vaccine doesn't work for many people.

Hopefully he makes some plays and sparks the D.
Jordan Borthello has been described as a High energy Super positive young man ! He is a BEAST and will dominate ! He will get two sacks and Foskey will get two strip sacks !

I would tell your friend to go take 15 minutes off to eat and go to the bathroom whenever he wants. And the hospital won't allow that tell him to find a different location. I worked in emergency room in the military 16 on 8 off I did that for an entire month, and I sucked it up. I am Empathetic, but it's the choice of the profession that your friend made

Reactions: IrishMike409

No bathroom breaks? Respectfully, that’s just not true.
I would tell your friend to go take 15 minutes off to eat and go to the bathroom whenever he wants. And the hospital won't allow that tell him to find a different location. I worked in emergency room in the military 16 on 8 off I did that for an entire month, and I sucked it up. I am Empathetic, but it's the choice of the profession that your friend made
Couldn’t agree more. I don’t believe that a job doesn’t allow for bathroom breaks.

No bathroom breaks? Respectfully, that’s just not true.

Couldn’t agree more. I don’t believe that a job doesn’t allow for bathroom breaks.
He is not being forced to skip bathroom breaks. He and his colleagues are often choosing to do so to help each other out. And to shabak's point, he is indeed thinking of quitting or finding a different position, which gets to the problem that java65 noted about worker shortages. Getting the shot has at least a small potential to ensure that someone doesn't contribute to that craziness. Bodi has the right to choose not to get vaccinated. I have the right to think he's being really selfish by doing so.

He is not being forced to skip bathroom breaks. He and his colleagues are often choosing to do so to help each other out. And to shabak's point, he is indeed thinking of quitting or finding a different position, which gets to the problem that java65 noted about worker shortages. Getting the shot has at least a small potential to ensure that someone doesn't contribute to that craziness. Bodi has the right to choose not to get vaccinated. I have the right to think he's being really selfish by doing so.
And I have the right to think you are silly for thinking hes selfish. And on and on it goes

No, 17% of the unvaccinated are 65% of hospitalization not infections. So again, you'll likely be less sick. What Israel is also finding is the vaccine wanes after only a few months.
It's a strong inference that the vaccine limits the chances of serious Covid complications.

but it is still an inference. You would have to control for whether the unvaccinated are fatter and otherwise less healthy than the poked.

Vaccine doesn't keep you from getting it. I got in in Late July. Hospital 11 days. Guy in next room was vaccinated. Funny they NEVER talk about natural immunity and NEVER talk about the decent rate of people who are vaccinated getting it. It's only demonizing non vaxxers. They actually blame the vaccinated getting it on the unvaccinated. WTF? Science. 😂
The unvaccinated are selfish and are a cause of the disease spreading . Vaccinated folks only have less than 5 percent chance of breakthrough infection and .00001 percent of dying . Non vaccinated people are stupid people plain and simple .

The unvaccinated are selfish and are a cause of the disease spreading . Vaccinated folks only have less than 5 percent chance of breakthrough infection and .00001 percent of dying . Non vaccinated people are stupid people plain and simple .
Vaccinated people can spread Covid also. That is why they are told to wear masks.

Last edited:
Reactions: jcswoopnh
The vaccine works against getting infected from the delta variant. See info from CDC -https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/variants/delta-variant.html

Here’s data about the effectiveness of Pfizer and Moderna before and during delta variant -https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7034e3.htm

I don't think "selfish" is quite the word. It is indeed selfish, but I think selfish is more for like, I don't care what anyone wants to watch, I'm going to watch the ND game, and that's how it going to be. Deal with it.

This is just a little bit deeper and darker than that.

Wait.... you’re still talking about this? I guess you can’t read. So my 11 days and the guy in the hospital next to me must be outliers in that 5 patient I guess.

I didn't see Botelho play a single down on defense today. He played on the kick coverage team, so there shouldn't be an academic or other disciplinary issue this is keeping him off the field. Something else must be going on with him and the coaching staff. Wonder what it is. I've been wanting to see what he can do on the field.

Last edited:
LIberty, in case you've forgotten, is a souI's right to breathe. And when it cannot take a long breath, laws are girded too tight. - Harry Ward Beecher

I just want to know what's going on with Botelho. Dude was a beast last year and you cucks are talking about nurses and getting the vaccine. Who cares. I want to know what's going on with the damn depth chart.

I just want to know what's going on with Botelho. Dude was a beast last year and you cucks are talking about nurses and getting the vaccine. Who cares. I want to know what's going on with the damn depth chart.
I would say his biggest issue right now is that he plays the same position as Foskey. MTA playing the other DE is playing great too. Would be good to see some rotation on the line to keep them fresh, but neither of them looked gassed in the 4th this week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT