ADVERTISEMENT

Book will get drafted

Didn’t every QB need to be in the ideal situation? Sure they do. Would Tom Brady be the QB he has become if he go drafted by the Bengals? He would be out of the league.
No. Not every QB needs to be in an ideal situation. It's odd you would think that

sucks that an average qb holds that record but he had nfl talent all around him on both sides of the ball. But hey, at least we got a NC! Wait, nope, I mean playoff victory, wait, no, I mean conference championship, wait no, I mean major bowl win, wait, nope.
Did you ever consider that he became the winningest QB in ND history because he’s far above average ?

4.2 YPC
64.6 CP
8.0 YPA
3 INT’s in 353 Attempts for .008 Int rate

very impressive stats by an above average QB, especially when his receiving pool was average at best.

Did you ever consider that he became the winningest QB in ND history because he’s far above average ?

4.2 YPC
64.6 CP
8.0 YPA
3 INT’s in 353 Attempts for .008 Int rate

very impressive stats by an above average QB, especially when his receiving pool was average at best.
Average receiving corps?
He had some of the best TEs in the country each year, and multiple nfl wrs his first two years.... one of which he had for two years is one of the best in nfl

What? So the wr has to be wide open and looking for the ball to throw it? Wow you have no clue about qb play. Many plays on the clip where wrs were open and ready, especially claypool one of the top WRs in the country.
You‘re clueless when it comes to QB performance.

I never stated that a WR has to be open at the point of release, that’s your absurd attribution, but the WR can’t have the back of his helmet to the ball. If you had a discerning eye you would have seen where the receiver had their back to the ball.

You forgot that Claypool played in the NFL for the Steelers last year.

The claim that he waits until the receiver is open before he throws is pure B.S.
And the proof that you don’t jknow what you’re talking about is the fact that his release time is under 3 seconds. Not many receivers have broken open in less than 3 seconds

Second, how do complete 64.6 % of your passes if you have to wait until the receiver breaks open, especially when your release is less than 3 seconds.

With 3 INT’s in 353 Attempts, it indicates that he’s accurate, and when you combine that with a 64.6 % CP and 8.0 YPA it completely refutes your uneducated opinion of Books performance.

You also don’t know the sequencing on each route, as a matter of fact, you know very little.

Have someone who knows something about football and QB evaluation explain the above to you because you don’t have a clue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pennick4
Average receiving corps?
He had some of the best TEs in the country each year, and multiple nfl wrs his first two years.... one of which he had for two years is one of the best in nfl
So your definition of a great WR is a TE.
TE’s have limited receiving use, in large part because of their blocking duties and lack of WR Speed.

Your so ignorant that it’s comical.
Book only had 75 attempts his first year !
He completed 46 for 61.3 % CP.

Who were the great receivers in 2017 ?

2020 ?

TE’s have limited receiving use, in large part because of their blocking duties and lack of WR Speed.

2020 ?
Not talking 17, his first year with major time was 18.... Boykin and Claypool, Cole kmet.... 3 nfl starters

and Mayer has no receiving skills? He will probably be too TE in college this year with elite receiving skills

Reactions: tbonesays
Go away. Tyler Buchner didn't give a crap about ND QB draft history.
you go away you cuck. Stop sending me private PM's its getting old.

Whose Tyler Buchner?
The QB who hasn't played football in over a year and had his ACL replaced.

Kids are attracted to elite Coaches and schools that produce top talent.
Its why ND does a great job at Recruiting OL and TE.
Why Lance Taylor upped the QB recruiting.

Take off the Blue and Gold Glasses.

Rees isn't an elite Coach at the moment and our QB recruiting isn't where it could be. Chuck Weis showed us elite QB recruiting at ND.

2020 ?
Boykin, Claypool, Kmet, Mayer, Tremble, Dexter Williams, Kyren Williams, Chris Tyree. Those are nfl weapons at wr, te and rb he had to work with.

Add in about 7 or more NFL Ol that blocked for him and you see why a lot of qbs could do well with our offense.

He was surrounded by NFL talent all over the place

Whose Tyler Buchner?

Rees isn't an elite Coach at the moment and our QB recruiting isn't where it could be. Chuck Weis showed us elite QB recruiting at ND.
Buchner was an elite recruit. You are wrong on that one

Whose Tyler Buchner?

Go away dummy!

You‘re clueless when it comes to QB performance.

I never stated that a WR has to be open at the point of release, that’s your absurd attribution, but the WR can’t have the back of his helmet to the ball. If you had a discerning eye you would have seen where the receiver had their back to the ball.

You forgot that Claypool played in the NFL for the Steelers last year.

The claim that he waits until the receiver is open before he throws is pure B.S.
And the proof that you don’t jknow what you’re talking about is the fact that his release time is under 3 seconds. Not many receivers have broken open in less than 3 seconds

Second, you do complete 64.6 % of your passes if you have to wait until the receiver breaks open, especially when your release is less than 3 seconds.

With 3 INT’s in 353 Attempts, it indicates that he’s accurate, and when you combine that with a 64.6 % CP and 8.0 YPA it completely refutes your uneducated opinion of Books performance.

You also don’t know the sequencing on each route, as a matter of fact, you know very little.

Have someone who knows something about football and QB evaluation explain the above to you because you don’t have a clue.
And with only 15tds in 353 attempts, it proves he was playing it safe too often. He didn't take enough chances. He didn't throw deep enough. He didn't give playmakers enough chances to win 50/50 balls. He was conservative. So his ints are low but so are his touchdowns. 64 percent in college is decent. With our talent around him and not taking many deep shots, its just average, to me

And with only 15tds in 353 attempts, it proves he was playing it safe too often. He didn't take enough chances. He didn't throw deep enough. He didn't give playmakers enough chances to win 50/50 balls. He was conservative. So his ints are low but so are his touchdowns. 64 percent in college is decent. With our talent around him and not taking many deep shots, its just average, to me
How much teams were loading box vs Nd it was average at best for someone as accurate as him. Hence the video showing Nd wrs wide open all over during a game he struggled.

Reactions: Golson5
How much teams were loading box vs Nd it was average at best for someone as accurate as him. Hence the video showing Nd wrs wide open all over during a game he struggled.
Agree. This aspect is not talked about enough when evaluating Book’s performance as our QB. Part of this is on the Receivers we had last year, but defenses we’re loading the box against us in prior years as well, when we had Claypool et al who were plenty capable of getting separation. The fact of the matter is defenses tried to take away the run and the short game and sacrificed long ball protection because they didn’t fear Book’s ability to hurt them with the long ball. The fact we were able to run as effectively as we did is a huge shout out to the OL, Tremble and our running backs. The fact that Book was as effective as he was with the short game against these defenses is also a shout out to his short throw accuracy. I don’t expect to see defenses loading the box against us this year as Coan and Pyne and Buckner are all capable and willing to go deep. We’ll have more turnovers with int’s than we had with Book, but hopefully we’ll have a more explosive offense, and one that scores a hell of a lot more in the red zone.

Agree. This aspect is not talked about enough when evaluating Book’s performance as our QB. Part of this is on the Receivers we had last year, but defenses we’re loading the box against us in prior years as well, when we had Claypool et al who were plenty capable of getting separation. The fact of the matter is defenses tried to take away the run and the short game and sacrificed long ball protection because they didn’t fear Book’s ability to hurt them with the long ball. The fact we were able to run as effectively as we did is a huge shout out to the OL, Tremble and our running backs. The fact that Book was as effective as he was with the short game against these defenses is also a shout out to his short throw accuracy. I don’t expect to see defenses loading the box against us this year as Coan and Pyne and Buckner are all capable and willing to go deep. We’ll have more turnovers with int’s than we had with Book, but hopefully we’ll have a more explosive offense, and one that scores a hell of a lot more in the red zone.
More specifically, Score more TDs in the redzone!

This is actually kind of fun, I wish fans of other teams could see you guys, almost like a circus freakshow or something. You guys just keep topping yourself! To see which one of you cretins can be the biggest Book hater....

Personally, I think you guys have even more to give. If you dig deep enough, you can tap into that really profound loathing you have for... Ian Book, one the great QBs in ND history. So keep going, keep topping yourself!

Buchner was an elite recruit. You are wrong on that one
he wasn't a 5 star prospect.
played at the lowest level of 11 Man football in CA at a school not known for Sports. Even he recognized that and transferred for his Senior Year.
didnt do well at the elite 11
has a wonky throwing motion
played 1 Full season of HS football
tore his ACL as a sophmore

talk to me when Buchner starts a full season. He sounds more and more like a Transfer Candidate like our other top QB's under Kelly - Kiel, Wimbush, PJ.... Just add Tyler Buchner future UCLA QB to the list

Last edited:
he wasn't a 5 star prospect.
played at the lowest level of 11 Man football in CA at a school not known for Sports. Even he recognized that and transferred for his Senior Year.
didnt do well at the elite 11
has a wonky throwing motion
played 1 Full season of HS football
tore his ACL as a sophmore

talk to me when Buchner starts a full season. He sounds more and more like a Transfer Candidate like our other top QB's under Kelly - Kiel, Wimbush, PJ.... Just add Tyler Buchner future UCLA QB to the list
Borderline 5 star at certain points in recruiting. Consensus top 100. High school all american. Big time athlete. He was an elite QB recruit when we landed him. Now we have to develop him.

If we can get a consensus top 100 QB recruit every year, we'd all take that

Buchner is the best qb "prospect" we've landed since Clausen imo

This is actually kind of fun, I wish fans of other teams could see you guys, almost like a circus freakshow or something. You guys just keep topping yourself! To see which one of you cretins can be the biggest Book hater....

Personally, I think you guys have even more to give. If you dig deep enough, you can tap into that really profound loathing you have for... Ian Book, one the great QBs in ND history. So keep going, keep topping yourself!
Instead of your typical attention seeking purple prose, why don’t you give the counterpoint to whether defenses loaded the box against us because they didn’t fear Book’s ability to burn them long. The only ”hater” on this board may in fact be you, as you seem to hate anyone with a view that differs from yours.

Instead of your typical attention seeking purple prose, why don’t you give the counterpoint to whether defenses loaded the box against us because they didn’t fear Book’s ability to burn them long. The only ”hater” on this board may in fact be you, as you seem to hate anyone with a view that differs from yours.

Oooh, attention-seeking! I got your attention at least....

I guess my response to that would be that I have better things to do than attempt to make a thoughtful response vainly defending Book's actual skills and whatnot as best I'm able to even make sense of them in any substantive way, which I have clumsily attempted before to no response at all. Seriously, why would I ever do that? Why would I serve up a platter for you to keep shitting on him? And encourage more of your feeble analysis as to why he sucks so bad, and why it's perfectly appropriate for you to keep repeating yourself on this subject.

But you seem a little bit smarter than these other two clowns, and you're familiar with the expression 'purple prose', so you're at least mildly literate, why do you even give a shit? Don't you have better things to do? Because you just want to be a hater that bad and you're simply not going to be denied? Of course that's the reason. Like all meatheads, the sun will crash into the earth before you'll ever back down on any subject ever.

In any event, you don't have to stop with all your various unbiased critical analyses, you can just ignore me. It's you guys who always keep these things going. And demand, or more like whimper, that your prerogative to be haters be recognized. Not bloody likely!

Oooh, attention-seeking! I got your attention at least....

I guess my response to that would be that I have better things to do than attempt to make a thoughtful response vainly defending Book's actual skills and whatnot as best I'm able to even make sense of them in any substantive way, which I have clumsily attempted before to no response at all. Seriously, why would I ever do that? Why would I serve up a platter for you to keep shitting on him? And encourage more of your feeble analysis as to why he sucks so bad, and why it's perfectly appropriate for you to keep repeating yourself on this subject.

But you seem a little bit smarter than these other two clowns, and you're familiar with the expression 'purple prose', so you're at least mildly literate, why do you even give a shit? Don't you have better things to do? Because you just want to be a hater that bad and you're simply not going to be denied? Of course that's the reason. Like all meatheads, the sun will crash into the earth before you'll ever back down on any subject ever.

In any event, you don't have to stop with all your various unbiased critical analyses, you can just ignore me. It's you guys who always keep these things going. And demand, or more like whimper, that your prerogative to be haters be recognized. Not bloody likely!
“...you can just ignore me.” OK, we can agree on something!

Yup!!!!!

What round?

Day 3 rounds 4-6

I am not saying he will make the pro bowl. However, he will work his way into a starting role before his career is over.

High IQ
Reads defenses well
Good speed (not great) but good
Good footwork

Cons
Lacks touch on the deep ball
Definitely needs a playmaker at WR/TE to help him

The young man is a competitor!
His hard work will impress the Vets

That proves that his WR’s were average at best.

it’s also a function of the called plays, Book wasn’t calling the plays. Have someone who knows about football explain that to you.

“Deep shots”. ? Since when do TE’s become “deep shot” receivers ?

Name the good to great “deep shot”. WR’s he had BY YEAR !

Reactions: Zorich 88
Boykin, Claypool, Kmet, Mayer, Tremble, Dexter Williams, Kyren Williams, Chris Tyree. Those are nfl weapons at wr, te and rb he had to work with.

Add in about 7 or more NFL Ol that blocked for him and you see why a lot of qbs could do well with our offense.

He was surrounded by NFL talent all over the place

I asked you to list his WR’s year by year just to illustrate the paucity in his available receiving corp, so naturally you avoided doing that.

Cole Kmet’s 40 time is 4.7+
That’s your deep ball threat ?

Boykin’s 40 time is 4.42. He caught 59 passes for 872 yds & 8 TD’s in 2018
Will Fuller‘s 40 time is 4.32

Claypool’s 40 time is 4.42, he caught 66 passes for 1,037 yds & 13 TD’s in 2019.
Will Fuller’s 40 time is 4.32.

So who was Book’s “deep shot” threat in 2020 ?

You keep complaining that Book didn’t throw deep, but Book doesn’t call the plays and he didn’t have anyone to throw deep to.

AND, Claypool and Boykin were frequently doubled.

TE’s are possession and short to medium range receivers.

ONLY YOU COULD CONFUSE THEM WITH WR’s

Question for all of you Book evaluation geniuses:

Why would an NFL team, the Saints, use a 4th round draft pick to select a QB who, according to you, can’t throw a deep ball ?

Please provide an intelligent response, if you are capable of such ! 😜

Not talking 17, his first year with major time was 18.... Boykin and Claypool, Cole kmet.... 3 nfl starters

and Mayer has no receiving skills? He will probably be too TE in college this year with elite receiving skills
Have someone explain to you that Mayer is NOT a deep ball threat !

His 40 time is 4.7

No. Not every QB needs to be in an ideal situation. It's odd you would think that
Tom Brady......“Out of the League”. ?

Proving once again that you are “Out of Your Mind”. !

TALENT doesn’t disappear!

Believe me, ND fans will miss Book next year. Book is a winner period.

I am not blaming the 2020 WRs. However, there was definitely a drop off from 2019 to 2020 in WR talent.

All that being said, Book going to the Saints is a perfect fit. In the next two seasons Book will start.

What round?

Day 3 rounds 4-6

I am not saying he will make the pro bowl. However, he will work his way into a starting role before his career is over.

High IQ
Reads defenses well
Good speed (not great) but good
Good footwork

Cons
Lacks touch on the deep ball
Definitely needs a playmaker at WR/TE to help him

The young man is a competitor!
His hard work will impress the Vets

And the way winner is! Nice call!

ADVERTISEMENT