ADVERTISEMENT

Book will get drafted

At his best he's Chad pennington and that barely worked and didn't lead to prolonged success. The fact is, his deep ball isn't nfl caliber. His over the middle passing is suspect due to vision or scheme and he cannot throw into tight spaces due to a lack of velocity.

This has been the knock since high school. He did exceptional with the tools at his disposal athletically at ND. His velocity and deep ball are very unlikely to improve anymore past college. If you are an nfl team you have to weigh taking a guy who probably is as good as he will ever be vs a guy with a rocket arm but fundamental issues, which may improve over time or may not.

This is a really good thread to identify people whose bias level is just absolutely off the charts and have no ability to think objectively about Notre Dame.

Ian Book will not even be in the NFL in 5 years. He's a 3rd string QB at best.

Reactions: Chest Brockwell
This is a really good thread to identify people whose bias level is just absolutely off the charts and have no ability to think objectively about Notre Dame.

Agreed. He had a good run in college, and was fun to watch during the regular season. The first Clemson game was a good time.

People making Russell Wilson comparisons are totally misguided. Wilson can make throws w/ a flick of the wrist that Ian couldn't make with a running start. Wilson set the single season record for pass efficiency in college and tied Peyton Manning's rookie td record.

Remember when Boykin and Claypool were supposedly just big bodied slower receivers who didn't present a deep threat? Then they ran 4.4 at the combine. I don't remember seeing Claypool catch a deep ball in stride until this year with the Steelers. Book did hit Avery Davis against Clemson, and maybe dropped a dime to Lenzy the year before last, but those plays were few and far between.

Dude made a lot of dynamic plays with his feet, for sure. I'll miss that, but Ian will be fortunate if his career trajectory is closer to Matt Flynn. That's not knocking what he did at ND at all.

That's bullshit. You haven't the faintest idea who's good or who isn't. The truth is you know nothing - about any subject. You read up on a bunch of shit, barely understand it, then you run your eyes over it a million times before finally parroting it back like it was your idea. Which is fine, knock yourself out. I just don't want to hear it when it comes to Ian Book, to repeat. You'd think you geniuses might keep your worthless mouth shut on this one subject, or at least be a glass-half-full guy out of respect to other fans, and to Ian Book himself for all he's done for us...

Hell effing no... You're too busy jerking off to your boring, recycled 'opinions' that you appropriated from some website somewhere. That's all sports superfandom is. None of you have the faintest clue about anything. The only thing you might be expert about is what the various pundits are saying which you then plagiarize.

We all have the ability to "think objectively", we're just better people than you. As if anyone here needs to be scolded and condescended to by a bunch of fanboy mega-geeks, because I buck the cheap conventional wisdom in favor of my boy Ian Book. Hell USC fans are more gracious and complimentary to ND players, than actual ND fans. We don't even get any opposing fans coming to this forum that's open to the public, and it's gotta be because ND fans hate on their own team so comprehensively there's really nothing left for them to do.

Agreed. He had a good run in college, and was fun to watch during the regular season. The first Clemson game was a good time.

People making Russell Wilson comparisons are totally misguided. Wilson can make throws w/ a flick of the wrist that Ian couldn't make with a running start. Wilson set the single season record for pass efficiency in college and tied Peyton Manning's rookie td record.

Remember when Boykin and Claypool were supposedly just big bodied slower receivers who didn't present a deep threat? Then they ran 4.4 at the combine. I don't remember seeing Claypool catch a deep ball in stride until this year with the Steelers. Book did hit Avery Davis against Clemson, and maybe dropped a dime to Lenzy the year before last, but those plays were few and far between.

Dude made a lot of dynamic plays with his feet, for sure. I'll miss that, but Ian will be fortunate if his career trajectory is closer to Matt Flynn. That's not knocking what he did at ND at all.

Look at you, look at the way you talk..... Doesn't it bother you to be such a soulless millennial twat? It's almost like you're in competition with each other to see who can make more of a gratuitously repugnant public spectacle of themselves, and be more casually contemptuous of one of the best players in ND history, on the eve of the NFL draft.

I guess if you we're raised on social media, that's just how people like you turn out....

Reactions: francade
Look at you, look at the way you talk..... Doesn't it bother you to be such a soulless millennial twat? It's almost like you're in competition with each other to see who can make more of a gratuitously repugnant public spectacle of themselves, and be more casually contemptuous of one of the best players in ND history, on the eve of the NFL draft.

I guess if you we're raised on social media, that's just how people like you turn out....
This child is still here

You're a jackass.

If you really think that Ian Book is one of the greatest players in Notre Dame history than you should educate yourself. He had a nice career but they've mostly feasted on cupcakes recently.

Just because other people aren't in line with you to be the first to purchase Ian Book's used bath water doesn't mean that they aren't fans.

By the way, I'm 38. Not sure what all the millenial social media junk was other than you throwing shit at a wall and seeing what sticks.

You're a jackass.

If you really think that Ian Book is one of the greatest players in Notre Dame history than you should educate yourself. He had a nice career but they've mostly feasted on cupcakes recently.

Just because other people aren't in line with you to be the first to purchase Ian Book's used bath water doesn't mean that they aren't fans.
You know what you are, you're what fans have become. And toxic is the new normal. At this point that's how it has to be considered.

The best way to describe to fans like you might be, if the actual team ever heard the way guys like you talked, and were repeatedly subjected to it, you might get your ass beat - by the team you claim to be a fan of.... Like I could see that, I could see someone like you breezily talking the typical shit in public, as a ND fan, and getting knocked out by some backup on the team who was sick and tired hearing you from the next booth over or whatnot.

And that's it, that's a fairly typical online fan in the year 2020. And I admit, I can't really adjust to it, and I'm not that old. It was not like this even five years ago, and now it's standard fare. Occasionally even the media alludes to how out-of-control toxic ND fans are. And the thing is you guys are so stupid and boring and trite, and never interesting.

But I guess it's just the way of world, and completely hunky dory for someone like you.

You know what you are, you're what fans have become. And toxic is the new normal. At this point that's how it has to be considered.

The best way to describe to fans like you might be, if the actual team ever heard the way guys like you talked, and were repeatedly subjected to it, you might get your ass beat - by the team you claim to be a fan of.... Like I could see that, I could see someone like you breezily talking the typical shit in public, as a ND fan, and getting knocked out by some backup on the team who was sick and tired hearing you from the next booth over or whatnot.

And that's it, that's a fairly typical online fan in the year 2020. And I admit, I can't really adjust to it, and I'm not that old. It was not like this even five years ago, and now it's standard fare. Occasionally even the media alludes to how out-of-control toxic ND fans are. And the thing is you guys are so stupid and boring and trite, and never interesting.

But I guess it's just the way of world, and completely hunky dory for someone like you.

"You guys", "millenials", "toxic"... Do you have a list of click bait tag words that you use to fill in your mad lib posts? Let's see, looking for a generalization, plural noun, and an adjective.

You're over the top. Seriously, who said anything about fist fighting players?

Saying that Ian Book won't be drafted or succeed in the NFL isn't calling him a dogshit player. He had a nice college career. They strung together some good seasons which is good for the program. He has his name next to some records. I enjoyed watching him get those numbers. I remember being torn when they benched Wimbush for him, because I felt bad for Wimbush, but Ian could complete consecutive passes and keep the drive going.

Other than the LSU bowl game where he came in for Wimbush (had to work, listened on the radio), I watched every game of his college career. Honestly, I think he was playing his best football before he broke his ribs.

At best, in the NFL, he'll be Senaca Wallace. If we were talking about Ian Book with Jimmy Clausen's passing ability, or Jimmy Clausen with Ian's legs and instincts for being slippery, I'd say your outrage was warranted. Still hyperbole, but more sensible. That fictional player would make it in the NFL.

"You guys", "millenials", "toxic"... Do you have a list of click bait tag words that you use to fill in your mad lib posts? Let's see, looking for a generalization, plural noun, and an adjective.

Saying that Ian Book won't be drafted or succeed in the NFL isn't calling him a dogshit player. He had a nice college career. They strung together some good seasons which is good for the program. He has his name next to some records. I enjoyed watching him get those numbers. I remember being torn when they benched Wimbush for him, because I felt bad for Wimbush, but Ian could complete consecutive passes and keep the drive going.

Other than the LSU bowl game where he came in for Wimbush (had to work, listened on the radio), I watched every game of his college career. Honestly, I think he was playing his best football before he broke his ribs.

At best, in the NFL, he'll be Senaca Wallace. If we were talking about Ian Book with Jimmy Clausen's passing ability, or Jimmy Clausen with Ian's legs and instincts for being slippery, I'd say your outrage was warranted. Still hyperbole, but more sensible. That fictional player would make it in the NFL.
I'm just sick and tired of it, I really am. But like I said, it doesn't seem to bother you at all. You don't even think twice, and fans like me are plain out of luck. Doesn't matter how much I snarl. It says something about society, and it probably isn't good, and I guess I'm still figuring out what. And you will continue to be a soulless hater, which I think is quite a fair description of fans like you, and that's just how it's going to be. It's the language you speak at this point. It's the currency of the realm!

Be that as it may, one thing I don't think anyone really needs in the greater ND fanbase is you guys re-hashing these blithe dismissals of a sort of heroic figure like Ian Book. It's just not necessary. It does make non-toxic fans feel kind of bad, as I can attest to, and it's not new information IN THE SLIGHTEST. You're just repeating what the pundits are already spouting with little or no variation on the theme - indeed it's not your insight, it's theirs. And we can just get it from the horse's mouth if we want, we don't need it from our own ND brethren. So why weigh a ND board down with it? That's all I'm saying. If you're a ND fan, why not just discipline yourself to try to be considerate to other fans, and less presumptuous, and somehow at least make a pretense that you'd like to see Ian Book do well, that you believe that he maybe could, etc., which you are I suppose belatedly attempting with this post. Or something.

In any case, the age of the reflexively toxic millennial sports fan is fully upon us. It's no longer an inchoate phenomenon. It's here.

Savvy and fancade and patirish have to be related to book. No one could have such blinders on. Happy ND had book to help with all of Kelly’s evaluation and development failures at qb.

Savvy and fancade and patirish have to be related to book. No one could have such blinders on. Happy ND had book to help with all of Kelly’s evaluation and development failures at qb.

Clearly, he just drew a parallel between not thinking Book is an NFL player and what's wrong with society.

Reactions: Bumpdaddy

I'm sorry, I have to add something to my previous screed. I failed to mention your all too predictable, virtually obligatory reference to Jimmy Clausen, someone whom if Ian Book was a lot more like, then we could talk more seriously about his NFL chances.....

Jimmy Clausen.... Ugly, goofy-looking, almost completely uncharismatic and im-personable and unlikable and a target for understandable mockery to all the rest of the CFB football world pretty much from the moment he came onto the scenne... One of the worst losers in ND history and may well have singlehandeldly brought down the Weis regime.... Had every chance to make it in the NFL and did not because quite frankly he sucks, and is at any rate most definitely NOT, not by any measure, some sort of great or misunderstood talent who never got his fair shake... Glaringly un-athletic, so unathletic that he doesn't even have sufficient mobility required for the big windup to offset his rather weak and overrated arm.... Terrible personality, actively disliked by many of his teammates as well as coaches both in college and the NFL... The list goes on....

And yet apparently still adored and put on a pedestal by fans like yourself. On account of your football acumen no doubt. While Ian Book merely gets told to F himself with a wave of the hand by those same fans. I'm almost tempted to think you're trolling even bringing Clausen's name up. But it seems to be par for the course for a lot of the more miserable ND fans.

Sorry dude, but Ian Book>>>Jimmy Clausen. He'll prove that in the NFL too.

I'm just sick and tired of it, I really am. But like I said, it doesn't seem to bother you at all. You don't even think twice, and fans like me are plain out of luck. Doesn't matter how much I snarl. It says something about society, and it probably isn't good, and I guess I'm still figuring out what. And you will continue to be a soulless hater, which I think is quite a fair description of fans like you, and that's just how it's going to be. It's the language you speak at this point. It's the currency of the realm!

Be that as it may, one thing I don't think anyone really needs in the greater ND fanbase is you guys re-hashing these blithe dismissals of a sort of heroic figure like Ian Book. It's just not necessary. It does make non-toxic fans feel kind of bad, as I can attest to, and it's not new information IN THE SLIGHTEST. You're just repeating what the pundits are already spouting with little or no variation on the theme - indeed it's not your insight, it's theirs. And we can just get it from the horse's mouth if we want, we don't need it from our own ND brethren. So why weigh a ND board down with it? That's all I'm saying. If you're a ND fan, why not just discipline yourself to try to be considerate to other fans, and less presumptuous, and somehow at least make a pretense that you'd like to see Ian Book do well, that you believe that he maybe could, etc., which you are I suppose belatedly attempting with this post. Or something.

In any case, the age of the reflexively toxic millennial sports fan is fully upon us. It's no longer an inchoate phenomenon. It's here.

I'm interested in what your definition of a fan is. What is fandom?

Also you keep saying millenial like you're the only person outside of that demographic. I've been watching Notre Dame football for 30 years. Ian was a good quarterback. I never rooted against him. There's never been a Notre Dame quarterback that I ever wished anything than success for. That would be against my favorite team's best interest. Andrew Hendrix comes in against Stanford? Here's his chance. Golson starts out the season hot and gets the turnover bug? He'll pull out of it.

Why is it that anybody that disagrees with you is just parroting pundit?

I'll give it to you, you've got a format and you stick with it. You jump people for perceived negativity and go on a rant. A few threads down you criticized a dude for starting a soccer thread and then chimed in after other people contributed.

Lighten up. I also hope Neymar doesn't win the Ballon D'or. He took the big payday and went to be a big fish in a little pond in France. But I don't think that created a butterfly effect that contributed to any societal downfall.

Clearly, he just drew a parallel between not thinking Book is an NFL player and what's wrong with society.
Actually I think I explained myself okay, and naturally you are disingenuous in your snarky response.

And people notice it too. More casual fans that don't otherwise partake of sports-themed social media. They notice what a jarring snake pit these message boards are where the nominal fans seem to be the most vicious and spiteful critics. Because I've had friends that are not meatheads wonder why I get pissy if I check onto the 4HL during a game. And I offer them have a look for themselves.

I'm just trying to push back on it. Even though it's obviously not going to go anywhere, and is totally shall we say a quixotic attempt... As the path forward is unfortunately very clear when it comes to toxic social media, and all the corresponding incentives.

Anyway, I'll shut up now. But that was a little bit cathartic. I just have to face the fact that the haters have taken over the proceedings, and that's just how it's gon' be! For some reason I just don't want to let it go when it comes to Ian Book. It really gets me. Even though of course it's not just Book, it's open season on the entire program at all times, with I would say about 60% of the fans that frequent these boards. I'm quite convinced we could win the MNC and it wouldn't even make a blip of difference with most hater fans.

I'm sorry, I have to add something to my previous screed. I failed to mention your all too predictable, virtually obligatory reference to Jimmy Clausen, someone whom if Ian Book was a lot more like, then we could talk more seriously about his NFL chances.....

Jimmy Clausen.... Ugly, goofy-looking, almost completely uncharismatic and im-personable and unlikable and a target for understandable mockery to all the rest of the CFB football world pretty much from the moment he came onto the scenne... One of the worst losers in ND history and may well have singlehandeldly brought down the Weis regime.... Had every chance to make it in the NFL and did not because quite frankly he sucks, and is at any rate most definitely NOT, not by any measure, some sort of great or misunderstood talent who never got his fair shake... Glaringly un-athletic, so unathletic that he doesn't even have sufficient mobility required for the big windup to offset his rather weak and overrated arm.... Terrible personality, actively disliked by many of his teammates as well as coaches both in college and the NFL... The list goes on....

And yet apparently still adored and put on a pedestal by fans like yourself. On account of your football acumen no doubt. While Ian Book merely gets told to F himself with a wave of the hand by those same fans. I'm almost tempted to think you're trolling even bringing Clausen's name up. But it seems to be par for the course for a lot of the more miserable ND fans.

Sorry dude, but Ian Book>>>Jimmy Clausen. He'll prove that in the NFL too.

I'll admit, Jimmy had a shit haircut and he seemed like a prick. As haircuts go I'd say Jimmy and Ian were both in sync relative to their window in youth hair-wise. As far as passing ability he was miles ahead of Book. Similar talent at wr and tight end, Book had more talent and depth at running back and offensive line. Book had a defense. They both had a bad habit of try to scramble to their left and turn their back to the defense, granted Clausen did it a lot slower.

Is the rest of the team culpable for the way you felt about Clausen? I'm just trying to figure out how to be a fan. And again, who is telling Book to go F himself?

No one cares

Actually I think I explained myself okay, and naturally you are disingenuous in your snarky response.

And people notice it too. More casual fans that don't otherwise partake of sports-themed social media. They notice what a jarring snake pit these message boards are where the nominal fans seem to be the most vicious and spiteful critics. Because I've had friends that are not meatheads wonder why I get pissy if I check onto the 4HL during a game. And I offer them have a look for themselves.

I'm just trying to push back on it. Even though it's obviously not going to go anywhere, and is totally shall we say a quixotic attempt... As the path forward is unfortunately very clear when it comes to toxic social media, and all the corresponding incentives.

Anyway, I'll shut up now. But that was a little bit cathartic. I just have to face the fact that the haters have taken over the proceedings, and that's just how it's gon' be! For some reason I just don't want to let it go when it comes to Ian Book. It really gets me. Even though of course it's not just Book, it's open season on the entire program at all times, with I would say about 60% of the fans that frequent these boards. I'm quite convinced we could win the MNC and it wouldn't even make a blip of difference with most hater fans.

A) You just said "jarring snake pit". That pretty well sums it up.

B) If you don't think your fellow posters would lose their collective shit over not just a playoff win, but an actual National Championship, well, I don't know what to tell you. Obviously you climb into a window at Notre Dame Stadium every night to sleep and recreate the Rockne speech before you nestle down in a cot in the maintenance room every night. That's awesome for you dude.

I'm interested in what your definition of a fan is. What is fandom?

Also you keep saying millenial like you're the only person outside of that demographic. I've been watching Notre Dame football for 30 years. Ian was a good quarterback. I never rooted against him. There's never been a Notre Dame quarterback that I ever wished anything than success for. That would be against my favorite team's best interest. Andrew Hendrix comes in against Stanford? Here's his chance. Golson starts out the season hot and gets the turnover bug? He'll pull out of it.

Why is it that anybody that disagrees with you is just parroting pundit?

I'll give it to you, you've got a format and you stick with it. You jump people for perceived negativity and go on a rant. A few threads down you criticized a dude for starting a soccer thread and then chimed in after other people contributed.

Lighten up. I also hope Neymar doesn't win the Ballon D'or. He took the big payday and went to be a big fish in a little pond in France. But I don't think that created a butterfly effect that contributed to any societal downfall.
I don't know that it's all millennials, I'm sure that it's not. I'm trying to find a silver lining, that's it's a younger generation, dudes in their thirties who grew up with this and that's their excuse and so I can't really relate. There's no excuse at all for people my age and presumably yours.

I don't mind robust and vigorous free expression, as you can see I quite like it! But this over-opinionated, petty, vapid, toxic crap.... why bother with it? Why even be a fan at all if that's all you have to say? Especially when it's so palpably absurd, and BK has the program at top five status, and Book was pretty much a maestro for us all season long!

So I don't exactly know how it evolved to this point, but it's gotten rather grim IMO in these parts. Anyway, I said I was going to be done and so I'm done and I gotta go....

I don't know that it's all millennials, I'm sure that it's not. I'm trying to find a silver lining, that's it's a younger generation, dudes in their thirties who grew up with this and that's their excuse and so I can't really relate. There's no excuse at all for people my age and presumably yours.

I don't mind robust and vigorous free expression, as you can see I quite like it! But this over-opinionated, petty, vapid, toxic crap.... why bother with it? Why even be a fan at all if that's all you have to say? Especially when it's so palpably absurd, and BK has the program at top five status, and Book was pretty much a maestro for us all season long!

So I don't exactly know how it evolved to this point, but it's gotten rather grim IMO in these parts. Anyway, I said I was going to be done and so I'm done and I gotta go....
Hopefully you leave for good. So soft. And such a tool

Hopefully you leave for good. So soft. And such a tool

Soft... I'm sure that's how you reconcile all this crap. Because you're tough! And a whiny little bitch like me is soft. That sounds about right.

You probably worship Clausen too, and think he's the greatest QB ND's ever had..... I was a bit of a Clausen hater at the time, I admit it. It's not as if I was wrong about him! I think maybe the worst three year stretch in ND history? Not sure about that, but it could be right. If not, it's close.

Whereas Ian Book, hah?? hah?? That's right.... the best three year stretch! I'm not actually sure if that's right, I'm not a ND football historian, so possibly not. But it's close!

Soft... I'm sure that's how you reconcile all this crap. Because you're tough! And a whiny little bitch like me is soft. That sounds about right.

You probably worship Clausen too, and think he's the greatest QB ND's ever had..... I was a bit of a Clausen hater at the time, I admit it. It's not as if I was wrong about him! I think maybe the worst three year stretch in ND history? Not sure about that, but it could be right. If not, it's close.

Whereas Ian Book, hah?? hah?? That's right.... the best three year stretch! I'm not actually sure if that's right, I'm not a ND football historian, so possibly not. But it's close!
Soft

Yeah, I heard you the first time schmuck. Not because my feelings are hurt, but it's embarrassing you acting like such a dork.

So here's a little gift for you. The guy's not all that high on Book, and he does seem to have it out for him just a little bit, if not as bad as someone like you do. And he picks a couple of odd plays to feature that involve busted pass protection, so he's not always giving Ian the fairest shake, but whatever. Overall you should feel validated because he's not too terribly impressed with Book, though it should be noted this is junior year vs UVA, and Ian Book truly stepped up to the level of possible NFL player this past season. In fact a few times he's almost a little dumbfounded at how inept Ian Book appears to him to be. As you can imagine I was a bit annoyed the whole time watching this scouting video.

This analyst's name is JT O'Sullivan, former NFL backup QB I never heard of, and he played college ball at D-2 UC Davis. So here you go, peck!

Yeah, I heard you the first time schmuck. Not because my feelings are hurt, but it's embarrassing you acting like such a dork.

So here's a little gift for you. The guy's not all that high on Book, and he does seem to have it out for him just a little bit, if not as bad as someone like you do. And he picks a couple of odd plays to feature that involve busted pass protection, so he's not always giving Ian the fairest shake, but whatever. Overall you should feel validated because he's not too terribly impressed with Book, though it should be noted this is junior year vs UVA, and Ian Book truly stepped up to the level of possible NFL player this past season. In fact a few times he's almost a little dumbfounded at how inept Ian Book appears to him to be. As you can imagine I was a bit annoyed the whole time watching this scouting video.

This analyst's name is JT O'Sullivan, former NFL backup QB I never heard of, and he played college ball at D-2 UC Davis. So here you go, peck!

Wow, I knew I was frustrated with book that game but wow....claypool wide open the entire game and you don’t see him or throw it. All mental.

book had about a 4 game elite run in 2020, he was pretty bad in 4 games as well. Duke, Louisville, Clemson 2, Bama

“Thats what he was. A fine college qb. Solid qb. Good kid. Helped us win.

Not an elite college qb. Not a big time nfl prospect.

He got more out of his abilities than most. Have to respect that. He just isnt the most physically talented”

That’s your opinion, golson. He’s plenty physically talented, just doesn’t possess a rocket arm. Maybe that keeps him from being successful in the pros but he was better than “fine”. That’s an insult to his play. Keep on hatin’, BBC, but don’t rewrite his career as “fine”. He was better than “fine”, and there are plenty of coaches that he played against that would agree.

“Savvy and fancade and patirish have to be related to book. No one could have such blinders on. Happy ND had book to help with all of Kelly’s evaluation and development failures at qb.”

wow, just read thru some of the slop above and it’s comical how this statement can so easily (and more rightly) be turned around on the idiot that posted it. I joke that you BBC members must’ve had your dogs run over by book, but it must be worse than that. Did he steal your wife or girlfriend or something? That’s the only explanation for ripping into one of the better qbs in the country the last few years. A sad bunch indeed.

“At his best he's Chad pennington and that barely worked and didn't lead to prolonged success”

pennington was a stud until he hurt his shoulder. That’s why he didn’t have prolonged success unless you consider that he led the dolphins to their very best year in decades even after the bad shoulder injury. Not a bad analogy although I’d say Pennington’s size says he was much more nfl ready. I’d say colt mccoy is the closest thing in comparison.

Gotta love the “experts” here using the “at best” phrase. Even though these same posters used it before and got burned, they double & triple down. Gluttons for punishment I guess.

Gotta love the “experts” here using the “at best” phrase. Even though these same posters used it before and got burned, they double & triple down. Gluttons for punishment I guess.
I got burned because book showed such strong potential his first few starts....... then regression set in except for a few games last year.

“i know its a small sample size but book averages an interception every 18 plus passes. rees averaged an interception every 28 plus passes.”

I knew you were full of it when you said you never called him a turnover machine. This is just one post (there are plenty more just on this particular thread from back in the day) from when you were trying to convince the board that rees was better than book. Lol.

here’s another one from the prez:

“Book last year had 4 picks in 75 attempts, brandon had 6 in 275. If book had 275 pass attempts at the same ratio he would have had 15 picks.”

And yet another one from another BBC member, mirer:

“and you just described Ian book my friend, minus two long balls, his performances are mediocre and his ball security is highly questionable”

So at least two of you that claimed they never said book was a turnover machine most certainly did. This along w/ a litany of other bullshit predictions & knocks that proved to be false. Why would we take your analysis on the subject seriously anymore?

“I got burned because book showed such strong potential his first few starts....... then regression set in except for a few games last year.”

Keep on digging the hole, nasty. Soon, you’ll be to the center of the earth. Lol

Oh, and you can include that arrogant know it all Ontario in your merry band of book bashers that were proven to be flat out wrong on the subject. He was just as full of it than you guys, or more, which would be quite the feat.

You've become so soft and still act like a little child that's all I'm going to say to you anymore. You've replaced the old guard as the most annoying poster we have. Congrats

“Thats what he was. A fine college qb. Solid qb. Good kid. Helped us win.

Not an elite college qb. Not a big time nfl prospect.

He got more out of his abilities than most. Have to respect that. He just isnt the most physically talented”

That’s your opinion, golson. He’s plenty physically talented, just doesn’t possess a rocket arm. Maybe that keeps him from being successful in the pros but he was better than “fine”. That’s an insult to his play. Keep on hatin’, BBC, but don’t rewrite his career as “fine”. He was better than “fine”, and there are plenty of coaches that he played against that would agree.
He was a fine college qb. He played on a really talented team. Nfl offensive lineman, tight ends, wrs and rbs. He was a solid college qb.

Nothing wrong with that

“At his best he's Chad pennington and that barely worked and didn't lead to prolonged success”

pennington was a stud until he hurt his shoulder. That’s why he didn’t have prolonged success unless you consider that he led the dolphins to their very best year in decades even after the bad shoulder injury. Not a bad analogy although I’d say Pennington’s size says he was much more nfl ready. I’d say colt mccoy is the closest thing in comparison.
Colt is a good one for Book but id say Colt had more arm talent

Oh, and you can include that arrogant know it all Ontario in your merry band of book bashers that were proven to be flat out wrong on the subject. He was just as full of it than you guys, or more, which would be quite the feat.
If he is so great we should hear his name in the first round of the draft, right? At least 2nd or 3rd by the way you talk about him? Maybe 4th? I mean one of the best college qbs the last few years should get drafted in at least the top 4 rounds, no?

“I got burned because book showed such strong potential his first few starts....... then regression set in except for a few games last year.”

Keep on digging the hole, nasty. Soon, you’ll be to the center of the earth. Lol
Like King Kong

If he is so great we should hear his name in the first round of the draft, right? At least 2nd or 3rd by the way you talk about him? Maybe 4th? I mean one of the best college qbs the last few years should get drafted in at least the top 4 rounds, no?

So what do you think? Do you agree with O'Shaughnessy?

I just hope his critique is largely correct, because that's something Book can readily improve on, I have no doubt of it. All he has to do is be more emboldened, and make a few more throws more confidently, instead of holding back and playing it safe. That's all old boy kept saying.... "that's a throw you gotta make"... And if MY critique is correct, Book often eschewed those throws, as a matter of practice, for the good of the team, and because he's a good person. Because we were better served by him hugging closer to the shore if you will, and not taking too many risks that we didn't require in order to win.

And in the NFL naturally they're gonna want more and will demand more, and Book will answer that challenge and step into that new comfort zone that he'll create for himself and get comfortable in. And I'm confident because Ian Book is the kind of guy who can make that leap. He has the character for it. And quite frankly the raw talent as well. Which we all saw on display constantly for the last three years.

That's my prediction. I don't put all my in faith some stupid-ass PFF armchair douchebag, even if they do study the film for hours and hours on end. They sure as hell can't see the future. And they definitely don't know Ian Book like we do.

Lou S on the paid site, is a long time ND fan and incredible historian of ND football. He compares Book, his career and strengths, to Tom Clements, who experienced great success in the Canadian Football league for six years..then was a reserve at Kansas City in the NFL for one year, before returning for another seven year run of Canadian football. Nothing hateful or disrespectful in believing that Book’s skills don’t translate well to the NFL, but look to be a much better match for the more wide open Canadian game.

Reactions: Golson5
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT