ADVERTISEMENT

Bodi's thoughts----Do not read--I could be banned for this.

BodiTheGreat

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2018
First of all I would like to congratulate the Irish on a GREAT win. Marcus has already won as many games as Brian Kelly did in 2016.
The Irish got off to a Great start and then coasted. The Irish really were not up for this game or they would have won by 50.
The Irish have tough games ahead like Syracuse, Clemson, and USC.
Beating those teams would do so much for the program at this time.

*** Reasons to watch the games----lets keep the Great recruiting effort by Marcus going (Isn't that why you guys were all excited about him in the first place?
Also lets watch Prince Kolie and Tobias Merryweather develop into bigtime difference makers.

---And though the playoffs were officially crushed by the Stanford loss we still have a chance of a ten win season. A ten win season is what Brin Kelly hung his hat on.

Marcus will be a star coach in a year or two or three. He will have an elite QB coming to south bend very shortly. I dont think he will waiver on his commitment .

[COLOR=%s]Read this at your discretion---- I now realize Brian Kelly is an elite coach and will supplant Nick Saban as King of the SEC. Brian Kelly will win multiple NC'S with the tigers and maybe even knock off Alabama this year.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=%s]That said---Brian Kelly is a yellow bellied cowardly traitor who bailed on the Irish without warning when we needd him most.

*** But most important thing----Marcus is recruiting at an elite level. We will start seeing the dividends next year.
Marcus is the best recruiter the Irish have had since Lou Holtz. And he is keeping a close eye on his staff this year.
He will make the necessary changes. The changes that purple face didnt have the cahones to make. The recruits he dared not go after out of fear. Marcus is young and fearless !

Go Irish !!
Beat the Orangemen !

Go Irish ! Beat the Orange men ![/COLOR]

First of all I would like to congratulate the Irish on a GREAT win. Marcus has already won as many games as Brian Kelly did in 2016.
The Irish got off to a Great start and then coasted. The Irish really were not up for this game or they would have won by 50.

*** Reasons to watch the games----lets keep the Great recruiting effort by Marcusa going (Isnt that why tou guys were all excited about him in the first place?
Also lets watch Prince Kolie and Tobias Merryweather develop into bigtime difference makers.

---And though the playoffs were officially crushed by the Stanford loss we still have a chance of a ten win season. A ten win season is what Brin Kelly hung his hat on.

Marcus will be a star coach in a year or two or three. He will have an elite QB coming to south bend very shortly. I dont think he will waiver on his commitment .

[COLOR=%s]Read this at your discretion---- I now realize Brian Kelly is an elite coach and will supplant Nick Saban as King of the SEC. Brian Kelly will win multiple NC'S with the tigers and maybe even knock off Alabama this year.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=%s]That said---Brian Kelly is a yellow bellied cowardly traitor who bailed on the Irish without warning when we needd him most.

*** But most important thing----Marcus is recruiting at an elite level. We will start seeing the dividends next year.
Marcus is the best recruiter the Irish have had since Lou Holtz. And he is keeping a close eye on his staff this year.
He will make the necessary changes. The changes that purple face didnt have the cahones to make. The recruits he dared not go after out of fear. Marcus is young and fearless !

Go Irish !!
Beat the Orangemen !

Great post my friend!

Coach Freeman will 100% be successful at Notre Dame and will out do his predecessor by winning a national championship.

However, I cannot agree with you about Kelly and LSU.

Kelly will not even make the playoffs at LSU. I am a huge Kelly fan. But Kelly and the south do not mix. He will NEVER beat Kirby and Nick.

Great post!!!!

Reactions: theskibro
As has been stated on this board many times, BK is an elite coach. He just could not do it at ND and never would. Maybe ND will never win a Natty because of our policies. Maybe no coach can do better that’s XX-1 here. Maybe BK does win multiple times tiles.

What we know is during our many titles, we where embarrassingly loaded with talent. We had QB’s, Rb’s and WR’s in the heisman races. Our lines on both sides where amazing. We put year in and year out multiple drafts in the first round.

That talent is NOT here now. We have one guy that will go first round. Maybe another 2nd.

I don’t think MF is the coach we needed, but if he can recruit like he has been it will turn.

Saban never came close to a title at MSU. Same coach goes to LSU and wins a Natty. Talent is talent. We don’t have much of it. It started with the 22 class.

BK is one tier below Saban and a few others; if you want to call that elite who cares?

Even with all the talent Alabama has they still lose games; and still do not win a NC every year.

So clearly talent is very important; but it is not everything. You need talent and a TOP coach to win a NC; I am not convinced that BK will ever win a NC mainly because he unlike Saban never put all that much effort in having a top staff.

In this day and age to win a NC you need elite talent; an elite coach; and a very good if not quite elite staff.

Great post my friend!

Coach Freeman will 100% be successful at Notre Dame and will out do his predecessor by winning a national championship.

Kelly will not even make the playoffs at LSU. I am a huge Kelly fan. But Kelly and the south do not mix. He will NEVER beat Kirby and Nick.

Great post!!!!
Beating Ole Miss is a good win but it’s not Bama or UGA. I still have Tenn a peg below those two even after the win over Bama.

If you look at the great coaches in ND history most of them were all fully committed to Notre Dame (Rockne, Leahy, Ara, Holtz etc.) even though they might have had to fight the university at times. When you mention their names you think ND. Not so much for Kelly even though he did a lot to improve the football situation at ND during its recent history. I think Freeman is the right person to lead the football team at this time. He is a good learner and will win a NC and get a statue outside the stadium in the future.

If you look at the great coaches in ND history most of them were all fully committed to Notre Dame (Rockne, Leahy, Ara, Holtz etc.) even though they might have had to fight the university at times. When you mention their names you think ND. Not so much for Kelly even though he did a lot to improve the football situation at ND during its recent history. I think Freeman is the right person to lead the football team at this time. He is a good learner and will win a NC and get a statue outside the stadium in the future.
You are delusional …….. but optimistic !

• Haha
Reactions: NDinNJ and iwish
Funny how a homecwin with average play against a terrible team changes attitudes. Nothing wrong with hoping for the best without having it

*** Reasons to watch the games----lets keep the Great recruiting effort by Marcus going (Isn't that why you guys were all excited about him in the first place?

Go Irish !!
Beat the Orangemen !

Freeman is trash

Go Irish !!
Beat the Orangemen !

LOL...

Playoffs were dashed with the Marshall loss.

The Stanford loss made sure we'll remain unranked through at least week 12

Unless they have terrible games we will not beat Syracuse, Clemson, USC...

Navy could give us trouble and BC

.500 at this point would seem like a win.

Angeli needs to play.

Great post my friend!

Great post!!!!
Thank you Zorich, my friend. A thumbs up from you means alot to me.

ND kicked too many field goals, DP is a mid level MAC QB at best.

Special teams is better under Freeman and Al Golden’s D is pretty good.
You too are a GREAT friend. What do you think about Mitchell Evans as QB?
Isnt he the one making those successfull QB sneaks, Maybe he could throw a jump pass at the red zone ala Tim Tebow. Spilt time?

This week will be all hands on deck ! And if DP does his job we may be super happy Saturday night !

Reactions: scubastevefl
LOL...

Playoffs were dashed with the Marshall loss.

The Stanford loss made sure we'll remain unranked through at least week 12

Unless they have terrible games we will not beat Syracuse, Clemson, USC...

.500 at this point would seem like a win.

Angeli needs to play.
"Unless they have terrible games we will not beat Syracuse, Clemson, USC...

.500 at this point would seem like a win."

It is nice to see threads prior to a game -- Well, ND beat Syracuse (and ND was flat out MUCH better than Syracuse having a bad game). So, there is one down (lol -- just having some fun) -- that said -- based upon how the defense, special teams and the O-Line played vs Cuse, ND should handle Navy, and BC. The 2 outliers are Clemson and USC. I believe the defense is better than what most people think, that said -- I think they may give USC a run for their money, and probably hang with Clemson for a bit. BUT, if Pyne keeps having days like his last 2 games, this offense will get shut down. And Rees MUST STRESS there are other receivers not named Mayer. and Rees must be more creative in his calling.

"Angeli needs to play"

Absolutely -- but won't now unless it is an emergency (they will preserve his 4 years)

Reactions: tbone3114
"Unless they have terrible games we will not beat Syracuse, Clemson, USC...

.500 at this point would seem like a win."

It is nice to see threads prior to a game -- Well, ND beat Syracuse (and ND was flat out MUCH better than Syracuse having a bad game). So, there is one down (lol -- just having some fun) -- that said -- based upon how the defense, special teams and the O-Line played vs Cuse, ND should handle Navy, and BC. The 2 outliers are Clemson and USC. I believe the defense is better than what most people think, that said -- I think they may give USC a run for their money, and probably hang with Clemson for a bit. BUT, if Pyne keeps having days like his last 2 games, this offense will get shut down. And Rees MUST STRESS there are other receivers not named Mayer. and Rees must be more creative in his calling.

"Angeli needs to play"

Absolutely -- but won't now unless it is an emergency (they will preserve his 4 years)
I disagree...
It looked like night and day between us and Syracuse but that was NOT the Syracuse team who played at Clemson.
Not even close.

Now why...we can speculate on that all day but fact remains we did dominate that game.

As I said Pyne will absolutely positively have to throw against Clemson. We will not shred their defense on the ground alone.

Mayer is a beast but if we have any athletes on the perimeter you can't tell as Pyne can only throw the ball about 33 yards.
Perhaps 38 wind aided yards.
I'm not sure I've ever seen an arm this weak starting at the QB spot here. Book was pretty weak but a stronger arm than Pyne.

Maybe Dillingham?
He was pretty pedestrian...

ND can own the game running against Clemson but they absolutely must pass down field to win.

Reactions: Kelso86
I disagree...
It looked like night and day between us and Syracuse but that was NOT the Syracuse team who played at Clemson.
Not even close.

Now why...we can speculate on that all day but fact remains we did dominate that game.

As I said Pyne will absolutely positively have to throw against Clemson. We will not shred their defense on the ground alone.

Mayer is a beast but if we have any athletes on the perimeter you can't tell as Pyne can only throw the ball about 33 yards.
Perhaps 38 wind aided yards.
I'm not sure I've ever seen an arm this weak starting at the QB spot here. Book was pretty weak but a stronger arm than Pyne.

Maybe Dillingham?
He was pretty pedestrian...

ND can own the game running against Clemson but they absolutely must pass down field to win.
Rees had a weaker arm

ADVERTISEMENT