ADVERTISEMENT

BK and the QB.....why. It must be asked.

I'm not blaming Kelly. I'm saying that he hasn't recruited the kind of QB who wins you an NC. But I don't think it's his fault. He only has so much to work with. And, yes, ND's mission isn't set up to accept those kinds of QB's.

Nor in many cases do they even wish to come.

Given this, I simply don't get the gnashing of teeth over ND's failure to recruit the best QB's and/or Kelly's inability to sufficiently develop them. If you're going to tie one had behind your back when recruiting, then you must live with it, right?

I mean, how can you blame yourself for failing to achieve the highest level of QB play when you, yourself, have precluded those who might deliver that level of play from consideration.

That's pure stupidity.

Or put another way:

ND doesn't recruit top of the line QB's as most won't get in, but then its fans act flabbergasted that the QB's ND does get never quite get it done or fail to reach the same pinnacle of success as those southern -- non-ND-material -- boys do.

Are ND fans simply unable to see the utter lack of logic in beating up Kelly and his QB's over this?

Or is the self-flagellation and caterwauling meant to propitiate the gods into sending a 140 IQ clone of Trevor Lawrence to South Bend one day? And, of course, he'd be some version a dual chem engineering/pre-law major to boot.

I mean, is that the HOPIUM game we're playing?

ND is what it is and, over the last 10 years, its QB's have been anything but Heisman winners.

Full stop.

And yet, Kizer was drafted by the NFL in the second round despite coming out early and he started for an NFL team in his rookie year..
That’s impressive.

My question is, why didn’t Kizer start earlier ?

And yet, Kizer was drafted by the NFL in the second round despite coming out early and he started for an NFL team in his rookie year..
That’s impressive.

My question is, why didn’t Kizer start earlier ?

I have no idea why he didn't start earlier.

ADVERTISEMENT