ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 been suggesting Notre Dame join the big 10..just a discussion.

You go girl! That's letting him have it. Don't let this guy get your panties in a pinch. He has no idea who he is dealing with! He doesn't know you jacked a 6-4 230 lb football player does he?? This guy is a rookie, jv compared to the toughest broad on this message board.

My #1 fan ..... you should be thanking me for inspiring you to come back here and swear some more ..... LOL!

Buddy, there is a reason this ass***e is the most despised person on this board. As soon as you disagree with her on anything you become, old,senile, angry, stupid, and a clown. Beware, she jacked a football dude a while back. Scared the heck outta IrishJohn! True story!

Most despised by you .... and hey!! .... your homophobia is showing again .... along with the vulgarity .... LOL!

Sorry my mistake I mean you had suggested it not knowing anything else except a thought on your part.....You have alwaiys been againts the Irish joining big 10
Everyone with a brain knows ND joining the big ten is a bad idea for reasons ranging from recruiting to regionalizing. Not a single positive to it.

Everyone with a brain knows ND joining the big ten is a bad idea for reasons ranging from recruiting to regionalizing. Not a single positive to it.

And we are fortunate to have leaders like Swarbrick and Rev Jenkins who recognize that.

I'm going by memory from the last time. Not sure if still relevant but I do not see why not. The Big10 conference has an academic component called the CIC. The CIC collaborates on academic and research issues. Back when ND had an opportunity to join the Big10 it is my memory that most of the academic voices that had an opportunity to vote said yes for this reason. However the athletic department won out. I have no clue how useful it is to be part of the CIC. As much as I hate to admit it there is a lot more to life than sports. Notre Dame as a strong academic university would fit right in as most of the Big10 members are big research universities.

In terms of joining the Big10 for football it comes down to strategy and also tradition. Certain games like USC and Stanford may be difficult to play. ND would most likely be slated into the Big Ten West. As it currently stands the only big threat is Wisconsin. In theory ND would have a shot at a conference win which normally means a BCS shot. Of course this also will mean that to get a BCS shot you most likely will have to beat OSU. That alone may be a reason not to join the Big10. OSU is a juggernaut where I see no end in sight. The combination of their brand plus great HS talent in the state means they will be top ten year in and out.

I'm going by memory from the last time. Not sure if still relevant but I do not see why not. The Big10 conference has an academic component called the CIC. The CIC collaborates on academic and research issues. Back when ND had an opportunity to join the Big10 it is my memory that most of the academic voices that had an opportunity to vote said yes for this reason. However the athletic department won out. I have no clue how useful it is to be part of the CIC. As much as I hate to admit it there is a lot more to life than sports. Notre Dame as a strong academic university would fit right in as most of the Big10 members are big research universities.

In terms of joining the Big10 for football it comes down to strategy and also tradition. Certain games like USC and Stanford may be difficult to play. ND would most likely be slated into the Big Ten West. As it currently stands the only big threat is Wisconsin. In theory ND would have a shot at a conference win which normally means a BCS shot. Of course this also will mean that to get a BCS shot you most likely will have to beat OSU. That alone may be a reason not to join the Big10. OSU is a juggernaut where I see no end in sight. The combination of their brand plus great HS talent in the state means they will be top ten year in and out.

The CIC is now known as the Big Ten Academic Association... the ACC also has a a similar consortium known as the ACC Academic Network, and although the membership is smaller than the BTAA it is similar in scope and is growing regularly. Also per Wiki entry the ACC has the highest academically ranked collection of members based on U.S. News & World Report.

ND has no reason at all to join the Big 10. It would be a horrible decision to do so, and would be the beginning of the end of the program.

Reactions: mirer03
The CIC is now known as the Big Ten Academic Association... the ACC also has a a similar consortium known as the ACC Academic Network, and although the membership is smaller than the BTAA it is similar in scope and is growing regularly. Also per Wiki entry the ACC has the highest academically ranked collection of members based on U.S. News & World Report.
Then I would recommend join the ACC. I personally think the conference championship is a significant advantage. It is one more signature victory if it comes down to a tiebreaker. Clemson is the current OSU of the ACC. So if you can beat Clemson than in a conference game, you are in as I would expect ND to be in the northern division.

Then I would recommend join the ACC. I personally think the conference championship is a significant advantage. It is one more signature victory if it comes down to a tiebreaker. Clemson is the current OSU of the ACC. So if you can beat Clemson than in a conference game, you are in as I would expect ND to be in the northern division.

With ND's schedule year in year out if they win out they are in the playoffs, 1 loss depending on the other teams in contention they have a shot, 2 losses not very likely. Michigan would have the same issue. They win out including B10cg they are in, lose 1 they have to win the B10cg and then it depends. Lose 2 they are bowling elsewhere

Reactions: mirer03
ND has a historic reason for never joining the Big10 in football.
Back in the day ND did try twice to join the Big10. The first time Fielding Yost’s hatred & religious bigotry against ND ensured they would not be accepted. Michigan ran things in the Big10 & Yost made sure nobody voted for ND to gain acceptance.
In later years ND was in danger of closing due to war & not having any male students. They went to the Big10 once again for help & the Big10 once again turned their backs on ND. Then Navy stepped up & sent male students to ND to save the University. That is why ND will ALWAYS have Navy’s back & will always play them. And why ND football wants nothing to do with Big10 football affiliation

Anyone who understands the college playoff should know that ND's chances of making the playoff are greatly enhanced by joining .... would it hurt national recruiting? ... while we are on National TV probably not so much .... a one loss ND will never get in .... in any conference they could .... some can try and argue whether a one loss team can get in .... nobody can argue ND's chances of getting in with one loss in a conference vs. not

I for years loved that ND told the Big 10 to stick it .... with the new playoff system we are screwed unless we go undefeated

DId I mention how much easier the schedule would get in the Big 10 .... oh yeah

Anyone who understands the college playoff should know that ND's chances of making the playoff are greatly enhanced by joining .... would it hurt national recruiting? ... while we are on National TV probably not so much .... a one loss ND will never get in .... in any conference they could .... some can try and argue whether a one loss team can get in .... nobody can argue ND's chances of getting in with one loss in a conference vs. not

I for years loved that ND told the Big 10 to stick it .... with the new playoff system we are screwed unless we go undefeated

This is completely false.

In 2015 & 2017, both seasons with one loss ND was in the top 4 of the CFP.

Last year they would have been an EASY selection with one loss, possibly the #1 seed.

As stated on another post for example Michigan goes undefeated and wins the B10cg they are in, they lose 1 and win the B10cg depending on the other teams have a great shot at getting in. lose 2 probably going bowling elsewhere. Notre Dame goes undefeated they are in. Lose 1 have a great chance but it is dependent on other factors much like the Michigan example. Lose 2 probably bowling elsewhere. Conferences do not matter

Last year they would have been an EASY selection with one loss, possibly the #1 seed.

i do not think joining a conference helps them at all. You still have to win it all including a championship game or lose 1 game and be at the mercy of the committee. Lose 2 you are bowling elsewhere. i think the odds may be worse even though the schedule in someways be easier

Last edited:
ND has a historic reason for never joining the Big10 in football.
Back in the day ND did try twice to join the Big10. The first time Fielding Yost’s hatred & religious bigotry against ND ensured they would not be accepted. Michigan ran things in the Big10 & Yost made sure nobody voted for ND to gain acceptance.
In later years ND was in danger of closing due to war & not having any male students. They went to the Big10 once again for help & the Big10 once again turned their backs on ND. Then Navy stepped up & sent male students to ND to save the University. That is why ND will ALWAYS have Navy’s back & will always play them. And why ND football wants nothing to do with Big10 football affiliation
I have nothing wrong with retaining the tradition of playing Navy. Also no problem with Notre Dame retaining its independent status. This is just an interesting theoretical discussion. However, bringing up wrongs from 75 years ago is pretty weak. Using your justification I should hate the United States forever for throwing some of my family into interment camps during the same time period.

As stated on another post for example Michigan goes undefeated and wins the B10cg they are in, they lose 1 and win the B10cg depending on the other teams have a great shot at getting in. lose 2 probably going bowling elsewhere. Notre Dame goes undefeated they are in. Lose 1 have a great chance but it is dependent on other factors much like the Michigan example. Lose 2 probably bowling elsewhere. Conferences do not matter

Keep holding on to hope ..... not surprised by this at all ..... not true ..... the committee will never put a one loss ND team in ahead of a conference champion .... they should be able to but will never will

Keep holding on to hope ..... not surprised by this at all ..... not true ..... the committee will never put a one loss ND team in ahead of a conference champion .... they should be able to but will never will

Other than being wrong, and having it already proven and laid out in this thread (2017)...do you ever say anything?

It’s like you like being slapped around by everyone who has a brain and/or basic internet access.

With one loss ND was in for a while .... you have to be there at the end .... it is like during the poll years .... losing at the beginning of the year can be forgiven and losing at the end of the year wasn't ..... it shouldn't matter when that one loss happens but it does to voters .... last impressions ..... the biased voters give favor to conference champions who win conference championship games at the end ..... all bets are off until the last week and final vote

2015 is the closest thing that anyone has to predicting how ND gets dealt with ... and with one week left .... without losing .... we got pushed out ..... ND pushed themselves out in 2017 .... I believe the voters all did a collective sigh of relief when they did .... made their job easier .... the question is .... will the voters vote them in at the end .... not ahead of a conference champ with one loss .... I believe that is wrong ... but the system is biased ... it is a money driven system ... in 2015 they were drooling over putting Urban Meyer's face on the brochure

Other than being wrong, and having it already proven and laid out in this thread (2017)...do you ever say anything?

It’s like you like being slapped around by everyone who has a brain and/or basic internet access.

A pleasure watching you raise the aggression and ignorance level .... :)

With one loss ND was in for a while .... you have to be there at the end .... it is like during the poll years .... losing at the beginning of the year can be forgiven and losing at the end of the year wasn't ..... it shouldn't matter when that one loss happens but it does to voters .... last impressions ..... the biased voters give favor to conference champions who win conference championship games at the end ..... all bets are off until the last week and final vote

2015 is the closest thing that anyone has to predicting how ND gets dealt with ... and with one week left .... without losing .... we got pushed out ..... ND pushed themselves out in 2017 .... I believe the voters all did a collective sigh of relief when they did .... made their job easier .... the question is .... will the voters vote them in at the end .... not ahead of a conference champ with one loss .... I believe that is wrong ... but the system is biased ... it is a money driven system ... in 2015 they were drooling over putting Urban Meyer's face on the brochure

There are no “voters”

Your whole post is based on a flawed premise.

Not to mention you don’t account for what would have happened in 2015 if ND has beaten Stanford, potentially leap-frogging Ohio State back into the Top4.
And that’s despite the fact that ND had ZERO wins over Top25 P5 schools in 2015, and their best win was over Temple.

Nor do you account for the fact that ND almost certainly would have been in the playoffs in 2017 if they had won out after losing to Georgia.

Reality is, a 1-loss ND team is typically going to make the playoffs.

There is no guarantee, but that will certainly be the norm.

A pleasure watching you raise the aggression and ignorance level .... :)

The fact that you don’t know what’s going on is CFB and still think the BCS and “voters” determine anything is the only source of ignorance in this thread.

You’re comically stupid.

The fact that you don’t know what’s going on is CFB and still think the BCS and “voters” determine anything is the only source of ignorance in this thread.

You’re comically stupid.

if you want to be really frustrated ask bug about mike Brey and how the players coach and not him

You’re comically stupid.

A stupid guy bases his arguments on zero facts and calls others stupid .... you're the authority??? .... LOL!

if you want to be really frustrated ask bug about mike Brey and how the players coach and not him

I proven it ... maybe you missed this year where Brey said Farrell handled all TO huddles the entire 2nd half of the Syracuse game .... he did nothing .... it's not like he says anything relevant when he does speak anyways .... "C'mon guys we have to hustle and play better defense! '' .... very profound stuff

A stupid guy bases his arguments on zero facts and calls others stupid .... you're the authority??? .... LOL!

I’ve provided many facts to support my opinion....and none of them reference decisions from the BCS or “voters”

Your BS post has been completely debunked

Now you’re just airing your stupidity for all to see

Notre Dame is not built as a large land grant research institution. Even if they built a lot more labs on campus they would just take up space and be largely divorced from our educational mission.

OMG, this post has now reached two pages?!?! Holy ******* Jesus, Mary, and Joseph

I proven it ... maybe you missed this year where Brey said Farrell handled all TO huddles the entire 2nd half of the Syracuse game .... he did nothing .... it's not like he says anything relevant when he does speak anyways .... "C'mon guys we have to hustle and play better defense! '' .... very profound stuff

and another poster pointed that coach k told his player go out there you know what your doing. and he shoed the video and you ignored it all these players know what to do they coach them at practice.

ND has told the Big10 that they can get down on their knees all they want....we're not interested in marrying them.
You don't marry the ugly girl in the class just because she's desperate.

We'll likely stay single for quite a while.

But if we were to marry anyone, it will be the ACC. Much better geography for both TV markets and recruiting, not to mention it's emerging quality with teams like Clemson, Florida State, and Miami.
Far more recent championships than the Big10.....far more.
Fsu and Miami are "emerging talents?
No they are not
ND should never be in a conference but if joining a conference is going to be mandatory then the Big 10 makes the most sense.
The ACC is more of a southern conference , and the only thing southern in South Bend is the name

Fsu and Miami are "emerging talents?
No they are not
ND should never be in a conference but if joining a conference is going to be mandatory then the Big 10 makes the most sense.
The ACC is more of a southern conference , and the only thing southern in South Bend is the name

FSU has recently won an NC and very recently won a NY6 Bowl
Miami just had their best season in 15+ years
Clemson is one of the preeminent teams in the nation right now.

From recruiting, to TV markets, to academics....the ACC makes far more sense than the Big10

That’s why we associated with them

FSU has recently won an NC and very recently won a NY6 Bowl
Miami just had their best season in 15+ years
Clemson is one of the preeminent teams in the nation right now.

From recruiting, to TV markets, to academics....the ACC makes far more sense than the Big10

That’s why we associated with them
Define very recently for FSU I believe very recently they were 7-6 lol
They've ust hit the shitter.

The"U" is clown show.
Hell during one of Notre Dame's worst seasons ever they beat the "U" who was supposed to be a very good team at that time as well. The "U" hasn't done anything notable since they left the Big East.

So it looks like you're basing the conference on Clemson

There's nothing Atlantic Coast about Notre Dame
Thr B10 is a better fit

Reactions: Buguit

The"U" is clown show.
Hell during one of Notre Dame's worst seasons ever they beat the "U" who was supposed to be a very good team at that time as well. The "U" hasn't done anything notable since they left the Big East.

Thr B10 is a better fit

Disagree, poet. The Big 10 would be a horrible fit. The other members of the Big 10 would screw us every chance they could. I don't know why we would want to join a conference where all the other members hate us.

Reactions: tbonesays
and another poster pointed that coach k told his player go out there you know what your doing. and he shoed the video and you ignored it all these players know what to do they coach them at practice.

A coach giving his player some free reign once in a while doesn't mean should should do it all the time for 17 years .... my gawd .... :eek:

I’ve provided many facts to support my opinion....and none of them reference decisions from the BCS or “voters”

Your BS post has been completely debunked

Now you’re just airing your stupidity for all to see

You need to come up with facts that actually support your stance .... I guess when you are illogical ... you can convince yourself of anything

"It is really hard to win an argument with a smart person and it's impossible with a dumb person." :)

The"U" is clown show.

Thr B10 is a better fit

So you go with the most recent season for FSU but not for Miami...agenda much?

FSU has been one of the top teams in CFB more often not recently.

Miami just had their best season in over a decade and appears to be trending up.

Clemson is one of the best teams in football currently.

The ACC is the better fit for ND in virtually every possible way, if we ever join a conference.

We’ll never even consider the Big10, nor should we.

You need to come up with facts that actually support your stance .... I guess when you are illogical ... you can convince yourself of anything

"It is really hard to win an argument with a smart person and it's impossible with a dumb person." :)

ND was clearly going to get into the CFB playoffs as a 1-loss team in 2017. Fact.

ND might have gotten into the CFB playoffs as a 1-loss team in 2015, despite not having a single win over a Top25 P5 team. Fact.

ND would typically get into the CFB Playoffs as a 1-loss team.

Sorry to destroy your fantasy land.

Reactions: cavanaugh208
ND was clearly going to get into the CFB playoffs as a 1-loss team in 2017. Fact.

ND might have gotten into the CFB playoffs as a 1-loss team in 2015, despite not having a single win over a Top25 P5 team. Fact.

ND would typically get into the CFB Playoffs as a 1-loss team.

Sorry to destroy your fantasy land.

please discuss Mike Brey coaching ability with him

Disagree, poet. The Big 10 would be a horrible fit. The other members of the Big 10 would screw us every chance they could. I don't know why we would want to join a conference where all the other members hate us.
No matter what conference ND would be forced to join the teams would hate them for a variety of reasons.
The Big 10 makes more sense, but I've always respected your input

So you go with the most recent season for FSU but not for Miami...agenda much?

FSU has been one of the top teams in CFB more often not recently.

Miami just had their best season in over a decade and appears to be trending up.

Clemson is one of the best teams in football currently.

The ACC is the better fit for ND in virtually every possible way, if we ever join a conference.

We’ll never even consider the Big10, nor should we.

Yeah that was some tough schedule the"U" played last year
We seen how that panned out their last 3 games ending the season with a loss to a B10 team.

Reactions: Buguit
Yeah that was some tough schedule the"U" played last year
We seen how that panned out their last 3 games ending the season with a loss to a B10 team.

So now every conference who loses any game to another conference is worse?

That means Big12 >>>> Big10, since Oklahoma destroyed Ohio State...right?

The ACC has been as good or better than the Big10 in football recently.

And the ACC is also a better fit academically, for recruit, in terms of scheduling, and in virtually every other conceivable way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT