ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 been suggesting Notre Dame join the big 10..just a discussion.

pikehead

Rockne's Water Boy
Feb 14, 2004
at this time...As per NDSCM more then a suggestion...maybe a serious thought....Hope not.....

ND has told the Big10 that they can get down on their knees all they want....we're not interested in marrying them.
You don't marry the ugly girl in the class just because she's desperate.

We'll likely stay single for quite a while.

But if we were to marry anyone, it will be the ACC. Much better geography for both TV markets and recruiting, not to mention it's emerging quality with teams like Clemson, Florida State, and Miami.
Far more recent championships than the Big10.....far more.

Sorry my mistake I mean you had suggested it not knowing anything else except a thought on your part.....You have alwaiys been againts the Irish joining big 10

Most are for obvious reasons. The Big10 can eat a bag of d1cks. Leave it be. It’s not going to change our minds.

In what conference would ND be a playoff contender? Is it easier for ND as an independent or to have to compete in a conference and to win a conference playoff game to qualify?

In what conference would ND be a playoff contender? Is it easier for ND as an independent or to have to compete in a conference and to win a conference playoff game to qualify?

ND would be a playoff contender in any conference.

Would we make the playoffs every year in a P5 conference? No.

But in all reality, our schedule would get MUCH easier if we went to a normal conference schedule, and we've already been a playoff "contender" more often than not, with our more difficult schedule.

Like most good teams in P5 conferences, our playoff hopes would hinge on 1-2 games per season, if we were in a P5 conference.

The ACC is best, if ND wants to go the conference route, because of it's recruiting ground, TV markets, and lack of entrenched powers that already run the conference to the detriment of other members.

Reactions: mirer03
ND would be a playoff contender in any conference.

Would we make the playoffs every year in a P5 conference? No.

But in all reality, our schedule would get MUCH easier if we went to a normal conference schedule, and we've already been a playoff "contender" more often than not, with our more difficult schedule.

Like most good teams in P5 conferences, our playoff hopes would hinge on 1-2 games per season, if we were in a P5 conference.

The ACC is best, if ND wants to go the conference route, because of it's recruiting ground, TV markets, and lack of entrenched powers that already run the conference to the detriment of other members.
Not necessarily. If we played in any conference, we'd have a decent schedule plus if we kept our usual west coast and Navy games, we would still have a tough schedule.

It' s really hard to quantify that because your SOS depends heavily on a few factors such as your division and how you spend your OOCs. I suspect that your upset risk % goes up when you give a jr opponent like Northwestern the privilege of an biennial home game against you. But I'd want to see some data.

Don't forget our media rights are locked in with the ACC through 2035. ND is going nowhere in my foreseeable lifetime.

ND's schedule would get easier and then the BCS couldn't discriminate against them. They'll never get in with 1 loss and could in a conference

ND's schedule would get easier and then the BCS couldn't discriminate against them. They'll never get in with 1 loss and could in a conference

Which P5 conference would you predict 11-1?
Is ND going to beat UGA and Bama? Clemson and FSU? OK and UT and OSU?
Only the Pac12 is weak enough to think ND would have a shot.

Being Ind. benefits ND and the committee knows that.

I don't think the BCS will have any say in the matter at all.

And ND can ABSOLUTELY get into the playoffs with 1 loss.

In fact, ND would have been 100% in the playoffs with 1 loss in 2017, no question about it, at all. Heck, ND would have even had a shot in 2017 with 2 losses.

But you feel free to keep on consulting the BCS rankings

ND has told the Big10 that they can get down on their knees all they want....we're not interested in marrying them.
You don't marry the ugly girl in the class just because she's desperate.

We'll likely stay single for quite a while.

But if we were to marry anyone, it will be the ACC. Much better geography for both TV markets and recruiting, not to mention it's emerging quality with teams like Clemson, Florida State, and Miami.
Far more recent championships than the Big10.....far more.

Based on the way you type you've never even kissed a girl before.

In fact, ND would have been 100% in the playoffs with 1 loss in 2017, no question about it, at all. Heck, ND would have even had a shot in 2017 with 2 losses.

how can they consult something that no longer exists ? . that said getting in with one loss has many factors such as to who ? when ? and how ? just being ND is no longer enough in the current landscape of college football.

how can they consult something that no longer exists ? . that said getting in with one loss has many factors such as to who ? when ? and how ? just being ND is no longer enough in the current landscape of college football.
I think Friedman was being sarcastic about reference to BCS, knowing it doesn’t exist. As for getting in with two losses, I frankly worry about ND getting in any Year with only one loss as I feel the committee favors the big five conf champions and their 13 th game.

I think Friedman was being sarcastic about reference to BCS, knowing it doesn’t exist. As for getting in with two losses, I frankly worry about ND getting in any Year with only one loss as I feel the committee favors the big five conf champions and their 13 th game.
i'm sure he was. i agree with you that a one loss nd is far from a sure thing.

That was the point of my post regarding the BCS. I was marking the fool that talked about the BCS making the decision.

I agree, that nothing is automatic with one loss anymore. My point was that Notre Dame is certainly not automatically out with one loss, as evidenced by the fact that we certainly would have been in with one loss in 2017.

Reactions: tbonesays
That was the point of my post regarding the BCS. I was marking the fool that talked about the BCS making the decision.

I agree, that nothing is automatic with one loss anymore. My point was that Notre Dame is certainly not automatically out with one loss, as evidenced by the fact that we certainly would have been in with one loss in 2017.
Yeah for some reason the BCS still gets referenced here on occasion by some posters.

I believe a conference team with the same record and basic credentials as we have is going to get the benefit of the doubt from the committee over us. So, from that aspect, we'd have a better chance in a conference. Is it significantly better? I don't really know, but my intuition is it's not.

ND can get in with one loss .... but they won't .... ever .... the BCS is run by voters who have affiliation or loyalties to the conferences .... they hate ND ..... they will play whatever trump card they want to validate their garbage rationales ..... most common ... no conference CHampionship game ..... it doesn't mater that our last game could be against a better team than say an MSU in a conference champ game.

What year did we get leap frogged by OSU who jumped 4-5 spots and pushed us out without us losing? ... I'd like to be wrong ... but ND will never get in with one loss .... they should be able to but the system favors conferences .... it's BS

One loss? .... not happening ..... 2 losses? ..... I'd bet my house ... that's delusional

ND can get in with one loss .... but they won't .... ever .... the BCS is run by voters who have affiliation or loyalties to the conferences .... they hate ND ..... they will play whatever trump card they want to validate their garbage rationales ..... most common ... no conference CHampionship game ..... it doesn't mater that our last game could be against a better team than say an MSU in a conference champ game.

What year did we get leap frogged by OSU who jumped 4-5 spots and pushed us out without us losing? ... I'd like to be wrong ... but ND will never get in with one loss .... they should be able to but the system favors conferences .... it's BS

One loss? .... not happening ..... 2 losses? ..... I'd bet my house ... that's delusional

Wow. That’s a lot of stupid for 1 post.

I just started laughing at your after your kept talking about the BCS.

Wow. That’s a lot of stupid for 1 post.

I just started laughing at your after your kept talking about the BCS.

Stupid was stating that ND could possibly get in with 2 losses .... but i was polite enough not to state that the 1st time around .... even though that was what I was thinking .... ND has already got jumped within the last week or 2 of the season with one loss without losing .... my stance is actually supported by something factual

Maybe you should look at who votes for college football playoff ..... sounds like membership for clown show ... calls something stupid without knowing anything or offering anything intelligent

2 Losses? ..... :confused: .... that's beyond stupid

Stupid was stating that ND could possibly get in with 2 losses .... but i was polite enough not to state that the 1st time around .... even though that was what I was thinking .... ND has already got jumped within the last week or 2 of the season with one loss without losing .... my stance is actually supported by something factual

Maybe you should look at who votes for college football playoff ..... sounds like membership for clown show ... calls something stupid without knowing anything or offering anything intelligent

2 Losses? ..... :confused: .... that's beyond stupid

When did ND finish the season with 1 loss during the playoff era? When??

Without that, your claim of factual support is not only stupid...it’s flat out wrong.

Furthermore, the committee has already tipped its hand and showed that ND would get in with 1 loss, easily, in 2017. Heck, ND was ranked 3rd, despite already having 1 loss while other P5 teams were undefeated...and ND still had shots against 2 more ranked opponents.

Your assertions about the BCS making decisions are the only stupid comments here.

When did ND finish the season with 1 loss during the playoff era? When??

Without that, your claim of factual support is not only stupid...it’s flat out wrong.

Furthermore, the committee has already tipped its hand and showed that ND would get in with 1 loss, easily, in 2017. Heck, ND was ranked 3rd, despite already having 1 loss while other P5 teams were undefeated...and ND still had shots against 2 more ranked opponents.

Your assertions about the BCS making decisions are the only stupid comments here.

Your argument is based on 2017 with 3 weeks to go????

In 2015 .... ND's lone loss was at Clemson .... and they were jumped by OSU before their last game (1 game to go) which they lost to Stanford .... BEFORE they lost they were pushed out .... I'd call that tipping your hand .... idiot

Your argument is based on 2017 with 3 weeks to go????

In 2015 .... ND's lone loss was at Clemson .... and they were jumped by OSU before their last game (1 game to go) which they lost to Stanford .... BEFORE they lost they were pushed out .... I'd call that tipping your hand .... idiot

Yes, when ND is ahead of unranked teams and still has 2 more chances for unranked wins...the committee has made it clear that they’ll be in the Top4 (easily) if they win out.

And how do you know a win over Stanford, on the road, wouldn’t have jumped ND back in?

And even if t wouldn’t have in 2015....how does not getting in with 1 loss in 1 year mean that they never would? Especially when they clearly would have 2 years later??

And what happened to all your talk of the BCS?

Do you ever say something that isn’t stupid?
Do you mean to be this boards comic relief??

Yes, when ND is ahead of unranked teams and still has 2 more chances for unranked wins...the committee has made it clear that they’ll be in the Top4 (easily) if they win out.

And how do you know a win over Stanford, on the road, wouldn’t have jumped ND back in?

And even if t wouldn’t have in 2015....how does not getting in with 1 loss in 1 year mean that they never would? Especially when they clearly would have 2 years later??

And what happened to all your talk of the BCS?

Do you ever say something that isn’t stupid?
Do you mean to be this boards comic relief??

You clearly don't understand who votes teams in ..... and how they feel about conference championship games ..... and how important rankings are with 3-4 weeks to go ... in 2015 we were in .... and then suddenly .... NOPE .... they will spin it any way they want

We're in the top 3 in every poll and drop ..... with game at Stanford still up .... all bets are off until the last week

Could they get in with one loss? ..... they could but very very unlikely .... not gonna happen

Do you ever say something stupid .... tell us about those 2 losses .... and this is the same person that says ND would clearly get in with 3-4 weeks to go ..... how much can happen in 4 weeks? ...... sheesh .... clown show .... LOL!

You clearly don't understand who votes teams in ..... and how they feel about conference championship games ..... and how important rankings are with 3-4 weeks to go ... in 2015 we were in .... and then suddenly .... NOPE .... they will spin it any way they want

We're in the top 3 in every poll and drop ..... with game at Stanford still up .... all bets are off until the last week

Could they get in with one loss? ..... they could but very very unlikely .... not gonna happen

Do you ever say something stupid .... tell us about those 2 losses .... and this is the same person that says ND would clearly get in with 3-4 weeks to go ..... how much can happen in 4 weeks? ...... sheesh .... clown show .... LOL!

So...everything you say is stupid then. Got it.

ND dropped in 2015 because they didn’t play a single ranked team after being ranked but before dropping. In fact, they only played 2 total ranked teams before Stanford.

Now in 2017, ND he already played 5 ranked teams by the time of the ranking and would have played another ranked team before playing a ranked Stanford in the final rankings.

So you’re just wrong.

Would a 1 loss ND get in when it plays a schedule like 2017, or anything even close to it?
Yes. Almost definitely.

You still think the BCS voters are determining who goes to the Playoffs, so you should probably just take your beating and st quietly in the corner...hoping no one else notices what a moron you are.

So...everything you say is stupid then. Got it.

ND dropped in 2015 because they didn’t play a single ranked team after being ranked but before dropping. In fact, they only played 2 total ranked teams before Stanford.

Now in 2017, ND he already played 5 ranked teams by the time of the ranking and would have played another ranked team before playing a ranked Stanford in the final rankings.

So you’re just wrong.

Would a 1 loss ND get in when it plays a schedule like 2017, or anything even close to it?
Yes. Almost definitely.

You still think the BCS voters are determining who goes to the Playoffs, so you should probably just take your beating and st quietly in the corner...hoping no one else notices what a moron you are.

And with 3-4 weeks left in the season .... anyone who is ranked may not be either when they get there .... you left of off of the 2015 resume that they played the #1 ranked team AT THEIR FIELD to the wire losing by only 2 ... or theat they got jumped by a team that played a worse schedule ..... Notre Dame is not everyone else .... that same rules don't aply to them .... we affiliated with nobody in a system controlled by the conferences ..... in in 2017 ???? ..... i guess you can speculate all you want because it never got that far

While .... in 2015 we were there and got screwed .... that isn't speculation .... regardless of the fact that it isn't called the BCS anymore ..... the voters are all conference affiliated ..... LOL!

Keep speculating ... especially about a 2 loss ND team .... that one is especially hilarious .... o_O

And with 3-4 weeks left in the season .... anyone who is ranked may not be either when they get there .... you left of off of the 2015 resume that they played the #1 ranked team AT THEIR FIELD to the wire losing by only 2 ... or theat they got jumped by a team that played a worse schedule ..... Notre Dame is not everyone else .... that same rules don't aply to them .... we affiliated with nobody in a system controlled by the conferences ..... in in 2017 ???? ..... i guess you can speculate all you want because it never got that far

While .... in 2015 we were there and got screwed .... that isn't speculation .... regardless of the fact that it isn't called the BCS anymore ..... the voters are all conference affiliated ..... LOL!

Keep speculating ... especially about a 2 loss ND team .... that one is especially hilarious .... o_O

Wow. Not many morons on here are as dumb as you, and that’s saying something.

You’ve decided you’re not speculating...while claiming we wouldn’t have jumped Ohio State back after beating a ranked Stanford team on the road?
Please tell me how my claim is speculation, while yours is not.

And which conference was condelieza rice associated with? Because she was on the committee.

Dude, you know so little...you thought the BCS voters were determining who goes to the playoffs. That’s so dumb, it’s laughable.

You have no idea what you’re talking about.

Slink away in shame. Quietly.

Last year demonstrated the committee intends to pick the 4 strongest teams. they might invent a "Notre Dame Rule" on the spot to screw us. But we cannot think about that until we demonstrate that we are one of the 4 best teams.

FYI the "BCS Computers" predate the BCS and postdate it as well. Playoff committee has selected the four teams who are highest in the computers every time. http://www.colleyrankings.com/curBcsLike.html

You’ve decided you’re not speculating...while claiming we wouldn’t have jumped Ohio State back after beating a ranked Stanford team on the road?

And which conference was condelieza rice associated with? Because she was on the committee.

Dude, you know so little...you thought the BCS voters were determining who goes to the playoffs. That’s so dumb, it’s laughable.

My example is based on ND getting pushed out WITHOUT losing .... to give its spot to a team with a worse resume .... with only one week left in the season

Yours is based on where they were with 3-4 weeks left .... then they lost .... which makes your point meaningless

You are a special kind of stupid ...... AND

"Condoleezza" Rice went to ND for 1 year ... she is more well known for her association with Stanford and is the gear she most commonly wears genius .... her loyalties lie there ... the voting committee has nobody you can consider loyal to ND 1st ..... and yet they have members who are current AD's at Ohio St .... Oregon and Arkansas for starters ..... that equal to you? .... just say yes ..... LOL!

My example is based on ND getting pushed out WITHOUT losing .... to give its spot to a team with a worse resume .... with only one week left in the season

Yours is based on where they were with 3-4 weeks left .... then they lost .... which makes your point meaningless

You are a special kind of stupid ...... AND

"Condoleezza" Rice went to ND for 1 year ... she is more well known for her association with Stanford and is the gear she most commonly wears genius .... her loyalties lie there ... the voting committee has nobody you can consider loyal to ND 1st ..... and yet they have members who are current AD's at Ohio St .... Oregon and Arkansas for starters ..... that equal to you? .... just say yes ..... LOL!

You go girl! That's letting him have it. Don't let this guy get your panties in a pinch. He has no idea who he is dealing with! He doesn't know you jacked a 6-4 230 lb football player does he?? This guy is a rookie, jv compared to the toughest broad on this message board.

Buddy, there is a reason this ass***e is the most despised person on this board. As soon as you disagree with her on anything you become, old,senile, angry, stupid, and a clown. Beware, she jacked a football dude a while back. Scared the heck outta IrishJohn! True story!

Anyone else realize this entire thread was started by Piketroll just to get under the skin of another poster (NDSMC)? The fool actually cited NDSMC as the source of the conversation for the sole purpose of starting a chat war.

...how far some have fallen...

Anyone else realize this entire thread was started by Piketroll just to get under the skin of another poster (NDSMC)? The fool actually cited NDSMC as the source of the conversation for the sole purpose of starting a chat war.

...how far some have fallen...

OP does this all the time. Really an odd dude.

ADVERTISEMENT