ADVERTISEMENT

Best TE in college

100% heist! There’s no doubt that bowers is a complete stud but Mayer had better numbers and is a way better blocker. The numbers aren’t even that close. Who picks these awards winners? If it’s the four letter network, that explains it. Total fraud.

Mayer got robbed. He's the best all-around TE in the country. Bowers is a receiving TE, at 6'4, 230. I don't think he's called on to block much.

Reactions: Kelso86
Mayer got robbed. He's the best all-around TE in the country. Bowers is a receiving TE, at 6'4, 230. I don't think he's called on to block much.
Bowers plays more like a WR than a TE.

Reactions: mbd11
Come on ....

Getting awarded something because of a teams accomplishments is nothing new.

Is Paul Hornung still the last player to win the Heisman on a losing team?

If so you know how long ago that was

Come on ....

Getting awarded something because of a teams accomplishments is nothing new.

Is Paul Hornung still the last player to win the Heisman on a losing team?

If so you know how long ago that was
I agree if we were discussing the Heisman, and We’re not talking about a losing team. Unlike the Heisman, the Mackey seems to emphasize the player’s accomplishments. In recent years, we’ve seen TE’s from Colorado St and Florida and Florida Atlantic and Arkansas, etc… given the award.

I agree if we were discussing the Heisman, and We’re not talking about a losing team. Unlike the Heisman, the Mackey seems to emphasize the player’s accomplishments. In recent years, we’ve seen TE’s from Colorado St and Florida and Florida Atlantic and Arkansas, etc… given the award.
Ummm. McBride was more than worthy of the award. As was Pitts.

100% heist! There’s no doubt that bowers is a complete stud but Mayer had better numbers and is a way better blocker. The numbers aren’t even that close. Who picks these awards winners? If it’s the four letter network, that explains it. Total fraud.
All these position awards have committees, like the Touchdown Club of Skaneatales. Mackey is voted on by a committee with two lesser ESPN personalities on it. Also writers, a couple former winners and some ex-NFL TE's.

We could start one. Let's pick

Reactions: francade
But it shouldn't matter which award. It's about the player not team.
Heisman definition..
  1. an annual award given to the outstanding college football player in the US by the Downtown Athletic Club of New York City.
As far as other TE's getting it over a TE at a contending team...
Yes but over a good TE from an undefeated team and or playoff team?

You know Georgia has been the media's darling the last 5 years and you better believe that had an effect as do most of these stupid awards.

They're not stupid until you get results like the Mackey award. The media makes it stupid

Sad but true

But it shouldn't matter which award. It's about the player not team.
Heisman definition..
  1. an annual award given to the outstanding college football player in the US by the Downtown Athletic Club of New York City.
As far as other TE's getting it over a TE at a contending team...
Yes but over a good TE from an undefeated team and or playoff team?

You know Georgia has been the media's darling the last 5 years and you better believe that had an effect as do most of these stupid awards.

They're not stupid until you get results like the Mackey award. The media makes it stupid

Sad but true
Largely agree. We haven’t seen this nonsense with the Mackey award, thus our collective disgust. But then again, undefeated or playoff teams in this era don’t tend to produce much In the way of individual achievement at this position. QB and RBs and WR rack up all the stats for these teams, and so I suspect you are right as to the past Mackey awards.

Largely agree. We haven’t seen this nonsense with the Mackey award, thus our collective disgust. But then again, undefeated or playoff teams in this era don’t tend to produce much In the way of individual achievement at this position. QB and RBs and WR rack up all the stats for these teams, and so I suspect you are right as to the past Mackey awards.
Nelson didn't win the award for best interior lineman and he was the best I have ever seen.

These lists and winners are fraudulent

Can’t get worked up about it. All these awards are very subjective and we’ve been on the winning end many times ie heisman winners. Media hype, SID’s promote and voter bias play big roles

He's still probably top 3 in the NFL
He has been arguably the best guard in the league previous to this past season. Had a sub par year for him. The top 3 guards have been Q, Bitonio and Martin for quite some time now.

Can’t get worked up about it. All these awards are very subjective and we’ve been on the winning end many times ie heisman winners. Media hype, SID’s promote and voter bias play big roles
Yup, subjective. Like your argument that Bama deserved to be in the playoff?

Lol

Yup, subjective. Like your argument that Bama deserved to be in the playoff?

Lol
Good god you’re still worked up about that? you must live an extremely boring life. At least I presented a number of facts to support my opinion. And yes it was an opinion, big fkn deal. Get over it

ADVERTISEMENT