ADVERTISEMENT

Best ND team I’ve ever seen in my lifetime

Kraftwerk

Future coach
Aug 14, 2010
Was born in the summer of ‘93 so I don’t count that team.

I’ve never seen them win a major bowl game, let alone a natty!

It’s been my whole life man! 2012 didn’t seem like reality to me. I actually walked away from the TV at the end of the PITT game that year thinking the magic had finally run out. Went back in 10 minutes later and we were on offense. Unbelievable! I even dated a girl named Ireland that fall! But broke up with her before the natty! Oops!

Oh man..
You were born at the end of the elite era.

Here's to hoping you can see them be elite once again

Cheers
Go Irish

Reactions: zro pts4u
Best I've seen is the 1966 team. I'm sure there are others before that like Leahy's teams from 1946-1950.

Best I've seen is the 1966 team. I'm sure there are others before that like Leahy's teams from 1946-1950.
Best team I've seen didn't win it all.
1989 team was the 1988 team but better .

And then...

3rd and 43

That's a forever WTF

Reactions: HarlemIrish
This is the best team of your lifetime? I feel like last year's team was better. 2015 was a Vangorder away from a serious natty title shot. And 2012 had alot go our way, but we also were a damn good team at the same time. We beat the crap out of Wake and suddenly people are back on the bandwagon I see. Heck I'd still put the '05 team ahead of this team. I'm hoping that Book and the offense today can become the real deal, but I'll hold off and see how he does once teams get a chance to scheme for him.

‘88 and ‘89 were dominate on both sides of the ball. From a talent standpoint, the ‘92 team may have been tops. The ‘12 and ‘93 teams found ways to win.

I was born in 81. So I will go with 88 since they won the national title. One of my favorite teams is the 93 team though because I remember watching every game on tv and how the media hyped the Seminoles up so much and we were victorious over them. Of more recent players Manti and Jaylon are two of my favorites.

I think you will change your opinion next week
Nice win today but this is nowhere even close to best ND team since your birth

Reactions: UtahDomer
Best ND team I ever saw was the 1913 team. I was in my 20s, had cash in my pocket, and was looking for trouble. I figured I'd ride on over to South Bend and watch this Notre Dame team our parish priest was talking about in his sermons. Undefeated that year. They went 7-0. Beat Texas, Penn State, Ohio Northern, Army, and Christian Brothers along the way in that dream season. Outscored their opponents 268-41. Introduced the college football world to QB Gus Dorias and some youngun named Knute Rockne. I was telling some friends yesterday that Ian reminds me of Gus. Looks like him. Thinks like him. Plays like him.

Best ND team I ever saw was the 1913 team. I was in my 20s, had cash in my pocket, and was looking for trouble. I figured I'd ride on over to South Bend and watch this Notre Dame team our parish priest was talking about in his sermons. Undefeated that year. They went 7-0. Beat Texas, Penn State, Ohio Northern, Army, and Christian Brothers along the way in that dream season. Outscored their opponents 268-41. Introduced the college football world to QB Gus Dorias and some youngun named Knute Rockne. I was telling some friends yesterday that Ian reminds me of Gus. Looks like him. Thinks like him. Plays like him.
Toby, did you also make it out to the 1925 Rose Bowl...the last time an undefeated Stanford played San undefeated ND?

Toby, did you also make it out to the 1925 Rose Bowl...the last time an undefeated Stanford played San undefeated ND?
No. By then, I was kind of interested in this new NFL thing that many were talking about. I wanted to see what all the hubbub concerning this newly formed league was about, plus, it struck me that I could create what I would call a fantasy league as a way to make some extra cash, but my friends, Pauley Knuckles and Jimmy Two Times, said it would never fly. So, I dropped the idea.

Funniest post of the year. Maybe even this Sunday.

No. By then, I was kind of interested in this new NFL thing that many were talking about. I wanted to see what all the hubbub concerning this newly formed league was about, plus, it struck me that I could create what I would call a fantasy league as a way to make some extra cash, but my friends, Pauley Knuckles and Jimmy Two Times, said it would never fly. So, I dropped the idea.
And then Joey BagOdonuts had this idea of
an electronic message board......

I’m glad I’m not the only one who remembers that nightmare. How does that happen?
Yeah...how the hell does that happen.
At that point in the game we were seizing the momentum. I truly believe if we got them to punt there we win that game and repeat.

Reactions: knufraralou

I was born in the spring of '92, so I'm right there with you. My dad is a double-domer ('80 B.S., '83 J.D.), so he was fortunate enough to live through the golden days of Holtz. I've heard about his trip out to Phoenix for the '88 national championship game in detail many times, and all it does is make me jealous.

Here's to hoping we get to see a national title in our lifetime.

Yeah...how the hell does that happen.
At that point in the game we were seizing the momentum. I truly believe if we got them to punt there we win that game and repeat.
I saw the ball in the air. It hung up there forever. I said well that’s a pick for sure. Then it was caught! I knew then and there this wasn’t our night. But I’ll give Miami credit despite how much I loathed that team. Lol.

Reactions: 88ND
Born in 86 so I never saw any of the glory years. Funny though, one of my earliest memories of ND football was when ND was playing FSU in the Orange Bowl in 1996. My Dad being the ND fan he is was cursing at the TV. I started to say a prayer for ND to win, so my dad could be happy. We all know how that turned out.

As for the best teams I've seen I'm going to say Charlie Weis first team (2005 I believe) and the 2012 team. I do believe this team is good enough to prove to be better than those two teams.

Reactions: zro pts4u
I was a freshman in '53 (Leahy's last year). He said that was his best team ever. They were not National Champs. Got tied by Iowa. Won all the other games. They gave it to Maryland as it was voted before the bowl games. Maryland lost, so we should have had it. After winning 4 national championships in the 40's, that was quite a statement by Leahy. I would give it a 3 way tie. 53'-66' and 88'

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT