ADVERTISEMENT

Baffling. Is he that good that you ignore his lack of ethics?

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
Bobby Petrino apparently continues to be one of the biggest pos in collegiate football.
He just accepted being o coordinator at UNLV ten days ago and now is going to accept doing same job for TAMU with Jimbo. Two of a kind.

Who hires this guy? Like minded I guess

Reactions: Airzee23
A multi billion dollar industry with coaches being paid many millions to win. Ethics and values are left at the alter.
It's why people need to stop being pissed about kids chasing money.

People misunderstood me thinking i was made at foskey/mayer for not playing bowl game. I wasn't mad, but it's also quitting and focusing on money instead of ND. Happens

My thing is it should be more clear to ND coaches who is treating them like crap just to leverage.

So where does it end?

How far are you willing to go?

What is next?

Tonya Harding kind of stuff?

It's why people need to stop being pissed about kids chasing money.

People misunderstood me thinking i was made at foskey/mayer for not playing bowl game. I wasn't mad, but it's also quitting and focusing on money instead of ND. Happens

My thing is it should be more clear to ND coaches who is treating them like crap just to leverage.
Nasty, don’t understand your last sentence.

Bobby Petrino apparently continues to be one of the biggest pos in collegiate football.
He just accepted being o coordinator at UNLV ten days ago and now is going to accept doing same job for TAMU with Jimbo. Two of a kind.

Of course. It’s Jimbo, scummy as they come …

It’s an interesting and not so simple dilemma.

Do sports teams in general, retain great athletes with questionable character ?

How about Hollywood ?

How about Rock Bands ?

Are they populated with the pillars of he community.or with people with character flaws ?

If you, your spouse or your children needed neurosurgery and the absolute best neurosurgeon available was a womanizer and a gambler would you reject his services ?

Let me add that I don’t find those two particular activities to be unappealing ! 😜

All of us are flawed !

The question is to what degree and should those flaws disqualify someone from having a job and making a living ?

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone !

Reactions: chaseball
wtf is wrong with gambling?
I never stated that there was anything wrong with gambling, but some states prohibit it and won’t legally enforce gambling contracts.

Richard Burton, on his deathbed was asked by his autobiographer, what he did with all the money he earned over his career, seeing as how he was essentially broke. Burton responded, “ I spent it on gambling, women and booze ….. and the rest of it I wasted !”

• Haha
Reactions: chaseball

Do you realize how many pos there are in this industry? Will only be more with the $ involved now

This is one of the aspects that draws me to Notre Dame. Despite how easy it is to get caught up in the winning-at-all-cost-mentality in this sport, ND always puts doing the right thing first, even when it's very costly to them. I admire/respect that from afar.

A multi billion dollar industry with coaches being paid many millions to win. Ethics and values are left at the alter.
🤔🤔🤔
Also....
See NIL and the student athlete.

It’s an interesting and not so simple dilemma.

Do sports teams in general, retain great athletes with questionable character ?

How about Hollywood ?

How about Rock Bands ?

Are they populated with the pillars of he community.or with people with character flaws ?

If you, your spouse or your children needed neurosurgery and the absolute best neurosurgeon available was a womanizer and a gambler would you reject his services ?

Let me add that I don’t find those two particular activities to be unappealing ! 😜

All of us are flawed !

The question is to what degree and should those flaws disqualify someone from having a job and making a living ?

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone !
so references you make are more a matter of convenience than conviction; your convictions are a moving target!

Reactions: sluggo69
This is one of the aspects that draws me to Notre Dame. Despite how easy it is to get caught up in the winning-at-all-cost-mentality in this sport, ND always puts doing the right thing first, even when it's very costly to them. I admire/respect that from afar.
Haha that’s rich. You’re constantly calling for admissions, policies and standards to change to compete with the unethicals of CFB.

Reactions: BGI User 756
so references you make are more a matter of convenience than conviction; your convictions are a moving target!
1. I don’t set the employment standards, each institution sets their
standards
2. If my child’s life is at risk and they need neurosurgery, I’m going to get
them the best neurosurgeon available without any regard for their
personal conduct. I want the best possible neurosurgeon, not a
choirboy.
3. I’ve learned not to rely on hearsay when making decisions.
4. I’ve learned to try to get the most amount of facts possible prior to
making decisions
5. I have my own standards.

But to answer you question, everyone’s convictions are a moving target, depending upon circumstances and the issue at hand.

Reactions: TheSodFather
Who are you and what did you do with Chase?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT