ADVERTISEMENT

Avery Davis the X--factor

BodiTheGreat

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2018
Avery Davis is a tremendous athlete with his first year of receiver training under his belt. A stud dual threat QB out of the football rich state of Texas, Avery has been tried at numerous positions Quarterback, running back, and now wide receiver.
He is a fifth year player who can play a sixth year next season because of the Covid makeup rule.
Five years of college strength agility and speed training. Matt Ballis has chiseled him into a finely tuned explosive other worldly Beast.

*** We got a glimpse on what he could do in our biggest win in decades last October vs Clemson. He also got the late go ahead TD against Duke winning that game for us.

Avery should be vastly improved as a receiver since he was basically a TRUE freshman last year as a wide receiver. Things will start clicking for him and he will be more automatic.
Avery is a winner and a FIGHTER with the HEART of a LION.

*** I am not saying he will win the Heisman but he will be one of the players to help Jack Coan win it.
But most importantly Avery Davis has the experience of making big plays on a big stage and he will be ready for us when the big time comes for us again.

*** I say he will get five to six TD receptions this year as a floor number. There are just too many other very talented receivers and our superstar tightend Michael Mayer for him to hog too many TD catches. He will probably score a couple TD's on reverses or end runs also.

I can't wait until this season starts ! I haven't missed watching a game in the last decade !!
This is the best team the Irish have had in the Kelly era. They will be unbeatable this year ! You will see !! Having a successful fifth year QB at the helm doesn't hurt either !!
Go Irish !!
This is the year ! Finally !

Reactions: sluggo69
Avery is an incredible player who is able to play several positions . His improvement each year has been amazing

I’m hoping we have someone to start eating into his snaps, he isn’t that talented.

hes a straight runner playing the slot position where you need “quicks” .

I’m hoping we have someone to start eating into his snaps, he isn’t that talented.

hes a straight runner playing the slot position where you need “quicks” .
Totally agree, but knowing what we know about BK- Davis will see his share of snaps. Seems like the staff trusts Davis, and that alone will get him on the field.

Keys, Lenzy, Austin, Watts, freshman- someone please step up!

Reactions: Kelso86
lots of variables at play here. Agree with Bodi that Davis will be a critical piece of the passing puzzle; as will Mayer. But we need more, a lot more. Austin is the great unknown…if he is healthy and not slowed by his past injuries, he will emerge as our best receiver not named Mayer. By all reports, Wilkins had a great Spring and should be a contributor. And then we have Rees, and whether he does in fact develop productive ways to get both Kyree and Tyree much more involved in the passing game. We have others who have the potential to step up, but if these six stay healthy, and if the OL provides good protection, and if Coan delivers, we have the potential for a very good passing attack. That’s a whole bunch of IFs!

lots of variables at play here. Agree with Bodi that Davis will be a critical piece of the passing puzzle; as will Mayer. But we need more, a lot more. Austin is the great unknown…if he is healthy and not slowed by his past injuries, he will emerge as our best receiver not named Mayer. By all reports, Wilkins had a great Spring and should be a contributor. And then we have Rees, and whether he does in fact develop productive ways to get both Kyree and Tyree much more involved in the passing game. We have others who have the potential to step up, but if these six stay healthy, and if the OL provides good protection, and if Coan delivers, we have the potential for a very good passing attack. That’s a whole bunch of IFs!
I will have posts about all those players and more before the season starts. One GREAT player at a time. It is a monumental task given the abundance of talent on this years squad but I believe I am up to the task.
But for now Avery is in the spotlight. He is all Irish and will show the young players how to dedicate themselves to the task at hand---which is winning a National Championship this year.
And when he gets that difficult game winning catch against Wisconsin to keep the dream alive maybe we can all remember all of his sacrifices he has made.

Reactions: sluggo69
I have been waiting for Austin to become an offensive force but believe he is just too brittle. Hope he can fulfill his potential but not counting on it. I think there is enough talent at WR spread put amongst the group. Somebody please step up!

Let's not over exaggerate lol
Golden 5 you wait this young man is the real deal - to be able to excel at all these different positions spells great athlete

Golden 5 you wait this young man is the real deal - to be able to excel at all these different positions spells great athlete
First of all, I like Avery Davis.

But, he did not excel at any position yet. The only position he has been solid at is wide receiver. He is a good athlete, not a great one. And hes a 5th year.

I expect him to have a real good final season. But I dont see him being our top playmaker

everyone wants Davis to be amari Rodgers or thinks he’ll be like him…. Not going to happen. Hopefully he has a good year but I expect he’ll be splitting a lot of reps. He’ll definitely be the penciled starter most of the season. He can have a good year, no doubt though.

I personally think newcomers like Estime Buchner and Kollie are X factors.

AD is top notch. Came thru many times in close games including Clemson. Did have a bad drop against Bama. Certainly will be one bright spot in a completely new receiving corps.

Avery Davis is a tremendous athlete with his first year of receiver training under his belt. A stud dual threat QB out of the football rich state of Texas, Avery has been tried at numerous positions Quarterback, running back, and now wide receiver.
He is a fifth year player who can play a sixth year next season because of the Covid makeup rule.
Five years of college strength agility and speed training. Matt Ballis has chiseled him into a finely tuned explosive other worldly Beast.

*** We got a glimpse on what he could do in our biggest win in decades last October vs Clemson. He also got the late go ahead TD against Duke winning that game for us.

Avery should be vastly improved as a receiver since he was basically a TRUE freshman last year as a wide receiver. Things will start clicking for him and he will be more automatic.
Avery is a winner and a FIGHTER with the HEART of a LION.

*** I am not saying he will win the Heisman but he will be one of the players to help Jack Coan win it.
But most importantly Avery Davis has the experience of making big plays on a big stage and he will be ready for us when the big time comes for us again.

*** I say he will get five to six TD receptions this year as a floor number. There are just too many other very talented receivers and our superstar tightend Michael Mayer for him to hog too many TD catches. He will probably score a couple TD's on reverses or end runs also.

I can't wait until this season starts ! I haven't missed watching a game in the last decade !!
This is the best team the Irish have had in the Kelly era. They will be unbeatable this year ! You will see !! Having a successful fifth year QB at the helm doesn't hurt either !!
Go Irish !!
This is the year ! Finally !

I expect Lenzey to have a bigger year.

ADVERTISEMENT