ADVERTISEMENT

Ausberry officially Irish

I’m a worst case of scenario guy, plan for it but hope for the best. I think 9-3 would be a very good year for Freeman in his inaugural year and the floor for keeping things together. If things get hairy 8-4, 7-5 I’m curious what happens to this class and the overall momentum of the future classes. I’m going to keep drinking the kool aid but first year coach/QB have left me scarred ., here’s to 12-0

I’m a worst case of scenario guy, plan for it but hope for the best. I think 9-3 would be a very good year for Freeman in his inaugural year and the floor for keeping things together. If things get hairy 8-4, 7-5 I’m curious what happens to this class and the overall momentum of the future classes. I’m going to keep drinking the kool aid but first year coach/QB have left me scarred ., here’s to 12-0
OSU...don't give him much chance here

Clemson...will probably be leading most of the way but will be too novice to finish them off

BYU is a scary gotcha type of game...

USC...might be the scariest of the bunch

I dont see a 7 and 5 even being possible unless there is just a rash of injuries everywhere

OSU...don't give him much chance here

Clemson...will probably be leading most of the way but will be too novice to finish them off

BYU is a scary gotcha type of game...

USC...might be the scariest of the bunch
I'm hoping for at least a split of those 4 games.
As long as they are competitive in those games, although at OSU to open things up with a new HC and QB, that game could get crazy.

Reactions: 88ND
Anything less than 10-2 would be considered a disappointment.

OSU is as tough a challenge as it comes. The rest are all winnable. You have to split USC/Clemson.

A loss to anyone else on that schedule would be a fail. Sure, it happens. Some weird break. Going in for a final winning score, fumble returned 98 yards like BK against Tulsa. But we have enough talent in the coaching and player ranks to go 11-1.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Anything less than 10-2 would be considered a disappointment.

OSU is as tough a challenge as it comes. The rest are all winnable. You have to split USC/Clemson.

A loss to anyone else on that schedule would be a fail. Sure, it happens. Some weird break. Going in for a final winning score, fumble returned 98 yards like BK against Tulsa. But we have enough talent in the coaching and player ranks to go 11-1.
10-2 is always the expectation, and Notre Dame currently owns the longest winning streak in CFB against unranked teams. When you are 54-10 the last five seasons, expectations are there.

I think it will be 9-3, 8-4. OSU/Clemson losses, first year head coach/QB drop 2 more they shouldn’t (USC, BYU, UNC).

I think it will be 9-3, 8-4. OSU/Clemson losses, first year head coach/QB drop 2 more they shouldn’t (USC, BYU, UNC).
12-0. Shock d world n begin the new Freeman n Golden age of ND football

by 2024 Kelly under fire at LSU n exposed at Publix for shopping down wrong isle with empty cart

• Haha
Reactions: NDinNJ
Oh man to pick him out of Kelly’s backyard is great. Love to get a few more over the next several years from Louisiana.
#10 in the state and the highest predicted to play in a different region,

Looks like Kelly is still shopping down that same aisle. 😂

Looks like Kelly is still shopping down that same aisle. 😂
5-Star Baton Rouge native 2023 WR Shelton Sampson verbaled to LSU today, and 2023 QB Rickie Collins, the decommit from Purdue, will commit to LSU soon and is from Louisiana, and this will make the Cajun natives feel a bit better.

Maybe Kelly switched aisles.

Last edited:
5-Star Baton Rouge native 2023 WR Shelton Sampson verbaled to LSU today, and 2023 QB Rickie Collins, the decommit from Purdue, will commit to LSU soon and is from Louisiana, and this will make the Cajun natives feel a bit better.

jordan johnson

No, not really, he's still a lazy recruiter. You clearly didn't read the article.

No, not really, he's still a lazy recruiter. You clearly didn't read the article.

until he beats his #3 class at nd in 2013 or does it consistently he ain’t a good recruiter lau gets 1 5 star receiver and the fan base goes wild on Twitter trolling nd fans about what a great recruiter Kelly Ja but he got great receiver at nd too like jj and they never played

Say what you will. LSU's current 2023 recruiting class is a very good one. Is it elite with Alabama, or Notre Dame? No; however, its again, currently very good.

Say what you will. LSU's current 2023 recruiting class is a very good one. Is it elite with Alabama, or Notre Dame? No; however, its again, currently very good.
Very good won't win a championship. In the SEC that may win 8 games. LSU wants to win a championship, and Kelly won't be given 12 years to do it.

Very good won't win a championship. In the SEC that may win 8 games. LSU wants to win a championship, and Kelly won't be given 12 years to do it.
Brian Kelly may not be given 12 years to win a title in Baton Rouge; however, BK will be given 95 million, all guaranteed.

Why are you so worried about his money. You bring it up constantly. Who cares
Except for how he departed, which anyone could criticize and I would not say a word, I was a big fan of how BK handled his entire tenure in South Bend.

Except for how he departed, which anyone could criticize and I would not say a word, I was a big fan of how BK handled his entire tenure in South Bend.
Perfectly reasonable take.

Now let’s move on from BK. He gets way too much airtime here.

Reactions: tbonesays
How about his flirtation with the Eagles?

How about keeping certain coaches around when he should have fired them, BVG !

how about the entire 2016 season?

I was a fan of his but he had more failures than him just leaving

How about his flirtation with the Eagles?

How about keeping certain coaches around when he should have fired them, BVG !

how about the entire 2016 season?

I was a fan of his but he had more failures than him just leaving
Urban harbored a wife beater on his staff. For years.

The numbers of head coaches who have eyes on a better gig are voluminous.

What about the 2016 season? Ancient history.

The Notre Dame Football program is in damn good shape. There are reasons for that.

Urban harbored a wife beater on his staff. For years.

The numbers of head coaches who have eyes on a better gig are voluminous.

What about the 2016 season? Ancient history.

The Notre Dame Football program is in damn good shape. There are reasons for that.
You said you had no problems during Kellys tenure but the ending. Thats very odd

Another thing I didnt like is he didnt back Manti like he should have. Jack was more in Mantis corner than BK was. That pissed me off too

You said you had no problems during Kellys tenure but the ending. Thats very odd

Another thing I didnt like is he didnt back Manti like he should have. Jack was more in Mantis corner than BK was. That pissed me off too
Most likely Jack told BK I will do the talking.

Brian Kelly may not be given 12 years to win a title in Baton Rouge; however, BK will be given 95 million, all guaranteed.
Good for him! He has a great agent. You make it sound like you're getting a cut of that $95 million.

His deal at lsu is like LIV vs pga tour. Kinda no brainer. Now he didn’t handle it great but nd took a small step forward under Weis then a big step forward under Kelly, If freeman can take The program one more step forward we got a shot

I had zero problems with Brian Kelly during his coaching tenure. it's a rough ass business for grown men. That said, the ending was bad. He handled that bad, and deserves criticism.

Anyone can sit on a couch and critizize a 12 year career, find something, or an isolated incidents to nitpick.

Whatever.

"It's not the critic who counts...." Roosevelt was correct.

I had zero problems with Brian Kelly during his coaching tenure. it's a rough ass business for grown men. That said, the ending was bad. He handled that bad, and deserves criticism.

Anyone can sit on a couch and critizize a 12 year career, find something, or an isolated incidents to nitpick.

Whatever.

"It's not the critic who counts...." Roosevelt was correct.
I don't even think leaving for LSU is in his worst 5 moments. Coaches change jobs all the time. They don't divide the locker room into "my guys" and _____.

ADVERTISEMENT