Patrirish

I've posted how many times?
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2018
A sign of desperation ?

And a bad idea for a game where ND is now favored by 12.5 points

Reactions: rgc7
Who made that decision and why ?
I suspect Cal might be doing something similar?

Who knows and I don't mean this in a malicious way but if we are now left with complaining about Jersey color and the why .....

It's a pathetic time in SB

Freeman is 0-3
Rees offense looks like DIII
The line is atrocious and the line coach is extremely overpaid

Oh.....
and.........
they're wearing green jerseys this weekend so there's that as well

Pathetic they’re continuing with it

cupcakes for players at half time? Or has that been a normal occurrence last 3 games?
maybe manicures after the game?
Team is so soft and that’s on the HC.

Reactions: rgc7 and Chitown11
Marshall looked good in green. (Technically white with green but their green unis are nice too).

Well the green jerseys are meant to evoke a little extra juice to the players to get that tough victory?

A first Marcus Freeman win is starting to look as daunting as a major bowl victory…so why not?

If they poop their pants for a second straight game no one is going to care any way

Reactions: rgc7 and irishalice
Don't now. Check with your connections.
I could take the time and make the effort to do that, but the decision has already been made and I thought that the football geniuses and Notre Dame experts like you would know the answer in a flash.

Evidently, your not as knowledgeable as you thought you were.

• Haha
Reactions: NIN Irish
Picking highly visible white might have been taken as surrender by members of this board. They could come out in pink for all I care as long as they win.
Home Jerseys are dark colors, away jerseys are white

Late June Coach Freeman announced that the team would also be wearing green on #irishweargreen. Irish fans have be asked to wear green at designated games the last couple seasons while the team wore their navy. Some fans wondered why the team didn't wear green too. All this is documented on YouTube. Hope the wearing of the green inspires the team. Certainly can't hurt.

Late June Coach Freeman announced that the team would also be wearing green on #irishweargreen. Irish fans have be asked to wear green at designated games the last couple seasons while the team wore their navy. Some fans wondered why the team didn't wear green too. All this is documented on YouTube. Hope the wearing of the green inspires the team. Certainly can't hurt.
Historically, at one point in time, the green jersey’s were intended to to be a special incentive against difficult opponents. (USC)

Willingham was undefeated when he used (misused) them against BC, thus inspiring BC !

I have a Kelly (not Brian) green game Jersey from the early 60’s.
Shamrock helmet too.

Traditions shouldn’t be abused, lest they lose their significance..

Entertaining fans is secondary to winning games

The concept for these jerseys is terrible. The navy blue fill on the letters does not mesh, and then putting the players names in white is even more of an awful contrast.

Numerals should be either gold letter/white trim or white letter/gold trim.

Fct38wUXEAUpCVR-780x470.jpeg

Reactions: francade
Historically, at one point in time, the green jersey’s were intended to to be a special incentive against difficult opponents. (USC)

Willingham was undefeated when he used (misused) them against BC, thus inspiring BC !

Shamrock helmet too.

It's one game, relax. Irish wear green for the fans and the team wearing navy in previous years kind of defeated the purpose.

Reactions: irishalice

Shamrock helmet too.

It’s more of a merchandising thing than anything else

In todays instance

Reactions: irishalice
I suspect Cal might be doing something similar?

Who knows and I don't mean this in a malicious way but if we are now left with complaining about Jersey color and the why .....

It's a pathetic time in SB

Freeman is 0-3
Rees offense looks like DIII
The line is atrocious and the line coach is extremely overpaid

Oh.....
and.........
they're wearing green jerseys this weekend so there's that as well
The Irish will finish 11 and 2. How do you like them apples?

Shamrock helmet too.

Marketing. It is what it is. Yes, I know all about the green jerseys...they date back to Rockne.

It's one game, relax. Irish wear green for the fans and the team wearing navy in previous years kind of defeated the purpose.
Any team that makes decisions based on the whims of their fans is a rudderless team

Do away w/ the green & blue combo. It’s awful. They would’ve been really nice had they had white/gold numbers. Same w/ the hoops unis. They look like knockoffs you’d get at a dollar store.

Reactions: adrian1477
Who gives a **** about the green jersey.

I'm much more concerned with the play on the field. They could go shirts and skins for all I care provided we're kicking ass

Pathetic they’re continuing with it

cupcakes for players at half time? Or has that been a normal occurrence last 3 games?
maybe manicures after the game?
Team is so soft and that’s on the HC.
It was actually orange wedges at halftime.

ADVERTISEMENT