ADVERTISEMENT

AP poll week 8... Up to #8

Wow,

No way ND should be ahead of the Dawgs or Florida at this point.

No way PSU should be ahead of ND.

I would keep ND at 9

Reactions: GoldCountryND
because they knowif UGA or UF finish 1 loss ND gets booted. And that would be justified.

Shouldn’t Georgia be ranked above ND.
Not after yesterday.

Having said that if UGA wins out, which will include beating the SEC west winner in the SEC title game... Yes they'll leapfrog us right back and honestly we'll never get in if that scenario happens.

That's the worst scenario because the committee will take a one loss Bama or LSU and naturally the SEC winner over us.

The best thing to happen will be someone in the SEC west win all of its games...be undefeated and hope like hell Michigan beats PSU and OSU.

I don't know how ND is highest ranked 1 loss team. Just goes to show these AP guys don't truly watch jack shit. That second half Irish D was abysmal. Worse than that actually. I don't want to hear 'rivalry' game. Irish had a chance to blow them out of the water and came down to onside kick. Ridiculous.

Reactions: 88ND
I don't know how ND is highest ranked 1 loss team. Just goes to show these AP guys don't truly watch jack shit. That second half Irish D was abysmal. Worse than that actually. I don't want to hear 'rivalry' game. Irish had a chance to blow them out of the water and came down to onside kick. Ridiculous.

Idk. I’d take our odds if we had Georgia on a neutral location next weekend knowing what I know now....

Reactions: notredamerises23
I do think we could beat GA. That said, no way they beat Bama or LSU. Those two are a step above right now. Clemson better hope Bama doesn’t hurt someone in their revenge game.

I do think we could beat GA. That said, no way they beat Bama or LSU. Those two are a step above right now. Clemson better hope Bama doesn’t hurt someone in their revenge game.

yikes, a few weeks ago UGA played ND! who won?

Bama better hope Clemson doesn't embarrass them...
A
G
A
I
N

Bama has that creampuff schedule so far going for it.

They've played nobody of substance yet.

Not one team.

A&m was fair and the best Bama has played yet.

That says what? Nothing

I echo again... The SEC is good at the very top and absolute garbage below.

Clemson held them to 3 points. A&M scored a meaningless TD with 6 seconds remainimg to make it 10.

We could beat GA and honestly if our effing coach actually knew how to win a big game and not act like it's amateur night we might beat anyone. We really are that good at some key areas.

Penn State, Ohio State and Wisconsin will not all be undefeated at year’s end. Same for Alabama and LSU.

Of those five, perhaps two will be undefeated at year’s end ?

Probably Clemson too.

Ergo ND has to win out ......... impressively for the balance of the season.

Michigan and Stanford loom large.

Bama better hope Clemson doesn't embarrass them...
A
G
A
I
N

Bama has that creampuff schedule so far going for it.

They've played nobody of substance yet.

Not one team.

A&m was fair and the best Bama has played yet.

That says what? Nothing

I echo again... The SEC is good at the very top and absolute garbage below.

Clemson held them to 3 points. A&M scored a meaningless TD with 6 seconds remainimg to make it 10.

We could beat GA and honestly if our effing coach actually knew how to win a big game and not act like it's amateur night we might beat anyone. We really are that good at some key areas.
Well absolute garbage just beat ga. who we lost to if I recall correctly. You want our schedule or Bamas? I’ll take ours

Lol! Ranked ahead of GA. WTF

Which do you take
1) Loss to an unranked opponent at home
2) Loss to a Top10 team on the road

It’s about current performance and body of work more than it is past performance. Even if the “past” was only a month ago. Why is UGA ranked ahead of S. Car?

Last edited:
Reactions: hvillebill
Georgia lost to an unranked South Carolina team, AT HOME! ND should be ranked higher then them. With that said at this point it doesn't matter.

Last edited:
last time I saw a player move a pile like that was Mark Bavarro!

I do think we beat them if we had them at home. So many penalties because it was so loud there. I think USC and Slovis will win out. They looked really good.

Georgia lost to a 1 loss South Carolina team, AT HOME! ND should be ranked higher then them. With that said at this point it doesn't matter.
It could also mean Ga isn’t that good so why are we ranked ahead of all other 1 loss teams and a few that are undefeated.

say what you want, believe what you are inclined to, but unless UGA is a 1 loss team, no way ND gets the nod over a 1 loss P5 team or a 1 loss P5 champ!

ND and Bama need to win out for the Irish to finish in the top 4. If Bama wins out and wins the conf championship game they will eliminate the second SEC team in the playoff. Pac 12 and non Power 5 are out vs ND one loss. Clem is in with weak schedule left. Either Big 10 or Big 12 will have 2 losses. Big IF but ND can get in by winning out.

ND and Bama need to win out for the Irish to finish in the top 4. If Bama wins out and wins the conf championship game they will eliminate the second SEC team in the playoff. Pac 12 and non Power 5 are out vs ND one loss. Clem is in with weak schedule left. Either Big 10 or Big 12 will have 2 losses. Big IF but ND can get in by winning out.
The table is set.... We must beat Michigan IN 2 weeks... soundly preferably..and this coming week hope Michigan beats a #7 ranked PSU.

If Michigan loses to PSU that Ann Arbor game will have zero playoff implication for us

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Possible but I’m not sure Oregon is out. Let’s say Oregon wins pac and decisively beats SC and Auburn finishes strong and ahead of Ga. how do we get in over Oregon in that scenario? Or to simplify, Oregon wins out and decisively beats SC? I believe the game is at SC

LSU's defense is not good and will get exposed once again when they play Bama. Bama will beat them by 14+.

LSU's defense is not good and will get exposed once again when they play Bama. Bama will beat them by 14+.
This is not at all true. Have you seen LSU's defense play this year? Have you looked at their defensive efficiency rating? Have you seen the competition they have played? Have you seen the amount of points they are giving up to quality opponents?

The answer is no to all of these questions, because if you have and made that statement then you have no football IQ. Granted you will look at LSU DE and say well its 58.5 but look at the competition they have played so far.

ADVERTISEMENT