ADVERTISEMENT

Any Thoughts On...

stu4don

I've posted how many times?
Dec 13, 2006
Kelly mentioned they had some options about moving current players to the RB spot.

Who?

Joe Wilkins Jr. was mentioned by Eric Hansen. Very unofficial. His opinion based on sources.

Nick Coleman
He was an All State Running Back in Ohio.
He has lost his DB speed from injury & will have trouble getting on field on defense.
Short term solution if you are talking 2018.

Tariq Bracy was one most (including myself) thought for long term but ND says they like him on defense. If he did move he would not be a solution for this coming season because he is skinny. He needs time in the weight room to build him up for college RB.

So if Holmes doesn’t get back I would suspect Coleman gets first look. If Holmes does get back I could see Bracy for long terms if they need him 2-3 years down the road.

Last edited:
Gotta jump on the bracy bandwagon. His vision is freaking sweet. Quick as fudge, will get stronger. At worst would be a change of pace back who can catch out of the backfield. Peak potential bryce love.

Reactions: theskibro
You don't want to skim away all that good CB reserve.

Gotta jump on the bracy bandwagon. His vision is freaking sweet. Quick as fudge, will get stronger. At worst would be a change of pace back who can catch out of the backfield. Peak potential bryce love.

Are we talking about who we think should be or what the coaches think?

I thought it would be Bracy. But in a presser they said he is starting off at CB & Coleman will provably get a look at RB. Thus what I wrote above.

I thought it would be Bracy. But in a presser they said he is starting off at CB & Coleman will provably get a look at RB. Thus what I wrote above.
And that makes the most sense short term. I mean they need a guy that is on the roster now/in spring ball to move. I think any of the fr coming in mentioned would be great candidates eventually but for spring with only 3 scholarship guys on the roster, adding a fourth makes sense. Once the fr get here in fall this guy could move back, or if he takes hold he can stay and we might not have to move another fr from the natural position.

Hopefully in doesn't matter cause Dex gets many more carries next year. I understand he had some injury problems this year and some of the lack of use wasn't Kelly's fault.

Are CJ and Deon gone for good?

Any chance if Wimbush gets beat out he ends up at RB?

Tariq Bracy is a Heisman in waiting no bs
Morning Ski! After all the handwringing and negative comments about our inability to recruits DBs, we ended up with a damn good class with Bracy and Wilkins and Boykins; and coach Lyght being honored as among the top 25 recruiters in college football. We had a great class of corners two years ago, but only safeties last year, so I’m in the camp that says we need this year’s class to stay at their corner positions. The exception being if Bracy does in fact compete and shows he has the stuff to be a starting RB; but folks are talking RB depth concerns, not a potential starter.

Morning Ski! After all the handwringing and negative comments about our inability to recruits DBs, we ended up with a damn good class with Bracy and Wilkins and Boykins; and coach Lyght being honored as among the top 25 recruiters in college football. We had a great class of corners two years ago, but only safeties last year, so I’m in the camp that says we need this year’s class to stay at their corner positions. The exception being if Bracy does in fact compete and shows he has the stuff to be a starting RB; but folks are talking RB depth concerns, not a potential starter.

Telx, I dunno if you listed to the recent podcast. I loved the story of coach Lyght after being told by Houston G that he should not bother he is committing to FSU. So Coach Lyght said I will see you Tuesday and He saw him Tuesday. that persistence gave us the chance at landing him

Reactions: tbonesays
Telx, I dunno if you listed to the recent podcast. I loved the story of coach Lyght after being told by Houston G that he should not bother he is committing to FSU. So Coach Lyght said I will see you Tuesday and He saw him Tuesday. that persistence gave us the chance at landing him
Zona, Didn’t listen but love the tenacity. He’s proved to be an excellent position coach and recruiter. Great to have a former star return and do so well. Thanks for sharing.

What I think. His film at rb shows he has the vision and speed. He's probably like that one kid we knew growing up who was just good at everything they did athletics wise. He'll be a great db or rb.

Hopefully in doesn't matter cause Dex gets many more carries next year. I understand he had some injury problems this year and some of the lack of use wasn't Kelly's fault.

Are CJ and Deon gone for good?

Any chance if Wimbush gets beat out he ends up at RB?

Holmes is not gone for good. He is still enrolled & attending classes & was given a path back for the fall if he does everything asked of him.
Deon is a diffetent story. He is still enrolled but a lot of people think that is just so he can transfer in good academic standing. He has a tougher path back since he had multiple problems.

If Holmes gets back then they will have 5 RBs with 3 returning so no need for a position change.

Reactions: zonairish
TelX

I’ve been busy n have not been on the board for awhile

Bracy will be interesting. I see more Theo Riddick than kevairie Russell. We shall see

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT