ADVERTISEMENT

Any Shot At Arch Manning?

irish4life9999

Rockne's Water Boy
Sep 12, 2020
I heard he is going to try to squeeze a visit to ND in June. Seems like a very long shot but if Rees somehow landed him I would never say another critical thing about him again..ever! LoL

Probably not.... It's possible, anything's possible, but why would ND ever get some kid who is a son of the south, and who's brothers are SEC royalty, and so he's totally going to want in to play in the SEC and so why would he ever pick ND? That seems like a complete no-brainer. Unless there's some 'connection' to ND that improbably the Manning family has that we're going to cash in on somehow. I haven't heard of one, but I haven't researched it....

Reactions: irish4life9999
No inside info, but I'd think the top-3 in no particular order would be: LSU (Ed O. is going to be under a lot of pressure to keep the kid in-state), Ole Miss (his dad's alma mater), and Duke (Cutcliffe connection).

I am sure Alabama factors in somehow too; they seem to be in the running for every 5-star, so why would Manning be any different :)

Probably not.... It's possible, anything's possible, but why would ND ever get some kid who is a son of the south, and who's brothers are SEC royalty, and so he's totally going to want in to play in the SEC and so why would he ever pick ND? That seems like a complete no-brainer. Unless there's some 'connection' to ND that improbably the Manning family has that we're going to cash in on somehow. I haven't heard of one, but I haven't researched it....
I guessing the kid might be thinking of an education, a real one, if he wants to make stops at Stanford and ND? One can dream.

No inside info, but I'd think the top-3 in no particular order would be: LSU (Ed O. is going to be under a lot of pressure to keep the kid in-state), Ole Miss (his dad's alma mater), and Duke (Cutcliffe connection).

I am sure Alabama factors in somehow too; they seem to be in the running for every 5-star, so why would Manning be any different :)
Duke? That would be like putting lipstick on a pig! (that's an ol sec saying lol)

Reactions: Hofman19
What's so great about this kid, I don't want no Manning playing at ND. Nothing against the Mannings, but no thanks. And I guess he's not the brother of Peyton and Eli, he's their nephew.....

I'm sure we'll find some other good QB. Maybe Ian Book's nephew....

Apparently you've never seen him play.
Well, he's not coming to ND. In all likelihood. Right, is that fair to say? Or am I wrong and he's totally coming to ND.... Let's get those pompoms out, teenyboppers!

So I see no reason to obsess over him as a ND fan. I don't really give a shit what he looks like now anyway. Need I mention ND's own Jimmy Clausen or have you guys had your fill of that already? I don't believe the hype....

Reactions: Kelso86
What's so great about this kid, I don't want no Manning playing at ND. Nothing against the Mannings, but no thanks. And I guess he's not the brother of Peyton and Eli, he's their nephew.....

Bloodlines. Bloody bloodlines I say you.

Reactions: scubastevefl
Arch is a damn good QB who I think ND would take in a heartbeat. He even had a write up article in Sports Illustrated last year. But I do think it will be an uphill battle to get him out of the south. He if he wants to carve out his own path why not ND?

Well, he's not coming to ND. In all likelihood. Right, is that fair to say? Or am I wrong and he's totally coming to ND.... Let's get those pompoms out, teenyboppers!

So I see no reason to obsess over him as a ND fan. I don't really give a shit what he looks like now anyway. Need I mention ND's own Jimmy Clausen or have you guys had your fill of that already? I don't believe the hype....

Savvy, how he ends up eventually - time will tell. But he's the #3 player overall right now in his class, and by all accounts is a better QB prospect at this age/point than his famous uncles. I do not think he ends up with the Irish, but count me as one who would be thrilled if he did want to play here.

Savvy, how he ends up eventually - time will tell. But he's the #3 player overall right now in his class, and by all accounts is a better QB prospect at this age/point than his famous uncles. I do not think he ends up with the Irish, but count me as one who would be thrilled if he did want to play here.
Sounds good, man.... I'm sure you would be thrilled, I don't doubt it. I think the odds are about infinite to one, or somewhere around there of him picking ND. Count me out of spending the next two years pining over this goofy looking teenager from New Orleans, who has effectively zero interest in coming to ND.

But you suit yourself....

Sounds good, man.... I'm sure you would be thrilled, I don't doubt it. I think the odds are about infinite to one, or somewhere around there of him picking ND. Count me out of spending the next two years pining over this goofy looking teenager from New Orleans, who has effectively zero interest in coming to ND.

No one is pining over him. You are the doofus who asked if he was good. There is a difference between saying he isn't any good and we don't want him at ND and saying he doesn't want to come to ND so lets focus on others. You tried the first without knowing anything about Manning and then quickly pivoted to the second.

No one is pining over him. You are the doofus who asked if he was good. There is a difference between saying he isn't any good and we don't want him at ND and saying he doesn't want to come to ND so lets focus on others. You tried the first without knowing anything about Manning and then quickly pivoted to the second.
Threads like this define pining. Grown men pining over scrawny HS sophomores with no interest in ND. It's unreal to me but that's how you roll, I guess. That's just who you are, up to and including being all defiant and confrontational about it, rather than embarrassed and sheepish..... Which is what you might normally expect, if you were busted pining over a HS sophomore.

Anyways, all I did was bring a little sober reality into one of these pining threads where grown men swoon like teenage girls over HS football prospects. Even ones that are particularly gangly and look like they're about 12 years old, and have basically zero interest at all in ND. No offense to ND, he's just not coming to ND....

LMAO, looks who's talking about obsession.

Are you wrong? You've never been right! In many ways!

Last edited:
Threads like this define pining. Grown men pining over scrawny HS sophomores with no interest in ND. It's unreal to me but that's how you roll, I guess. That's just who you are, up to and including being all defiant and confrontational about it, rather than embarrassed and sheepish..... Which is what you might normally expect, if you were busted pining over a HS sophomore.

Anyways, all I did was bring a little sober reality into one of these pining threads where grown men swoon like teenage girls over HS football prospects. Even ones that are particularly gangly and look like they're about 12 years old, and have basically zero interest at all in ND. No offense to ND, he's just not coming to ND....
You are the one that always turns threads into shit shows. I started this thread for fun. Thanks for runing that! No 90% not coming. But no interest? Then why even come to south bend you buffoon?

Oh and talking about googly eyes for young men. Book still sucks. Chew on that.

How do you know he has no interest in ND? He is coming for a visit, so there must’ve some. Why write the kid off so early? Keep an open mine.

There may end up being so much hype added to the young QB because of his name alone. Kind of like Nick Montana.

You are the one that always turns threads into shit shows. I started this thread for fun. Thanks for runing that! No 90% not coming. But no interest? Then why even come to south bend you buffoon?

Nobody drafted in the 4th round “sucks” !

Goofy looking? Come on that’s tasteless.

Reactions: JOEND2004
Even if BK landed him he’d find a way to keep him on the bench until he transferred.

I'm concerned that if Pyne lands the job this year. Buchner sees a guy who is the same eligibility or a year ahead and dips after next spring.

I guess I did ruin it, guilty as charged. I apologize for that, it wasn't my original intention. But it wasn't much of a thread. As you say, 'for fun'.....

But given that you are likely a troll, you probably still enjoyed this thread, it wasn't a complete loss, right? You got a chance to bitch at me, as well as declare that Ian Book sucks one last time. You gotta like that....

I guess I did ruin it, guilty as charged. I apologize for that, it wasn't my original intention. But it wasn't much of a thread. As you say, 'for fun'.....

But given that you are likely a troll, you probably still enjoyed this thread, it wasn't a complete loss, right? You got a chance to bitch at me, as well as declare that Ian Book sucks one last time. You gotta like that....
The ONLY reason I haven't dispatched you and and your alter egos is its slow right now on this board. If any other time. I would never talk to you.

Even if BK landed him he’d find a way to keep him on the bench until he transferred.

I'm concerned that if Pyne lands the job this year. Buchner sees a guy who is the same eligibility or a year ahead and dips after next spring.
Ouch I sure would hope not but you're probably right.

With these new transfer rules coaches better figure out play your best upside player or lose them. Maybe not for the Alabams of the CFB world's but the rest of us. You don't have to make them starters but get them on the field. Not automatically put on the scout team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT