ADVERTISEMENT

Another one for the haters.....

savvyandsassier

All Star
Dec 16, 2013
This time of all the goddamn pundits out there, it's Howard Cosell's grand-nephew or some shit like that. And who apparently is a veteran football scouting gnome....

Anyway, he is NOT high on Ian Book. But I guess that's why you've got guys like Sean Payton who are leaders, and initiative-takers, and then you have these little sexless monks like Howard Cossell jr who stay in windowless rooms all day studying game film endlessly looking for traits.... And someone like Ian Book comes up short! Literally and figuratively! I will say I've seen a number of these various pundits/Book-haters, and they all seem to evince an almost personal contempt for Ian Book, even though Book appears to be one of the nicest, most awesome guys you could ever want as a teammate and a leader and an athlete. They don't knock Book himself as being a jerk, but it's almost as if his purported shortcomings, that it is their job to observe and make a note of, fill them with an unavoidable, baseline loathing for him. As if Book's very existence and undeniable success is an insult to themselves as scouts, and keepers of the sacred books of the knowledge of QB traits! Almost as if the selection itself of Book is an insult to scouts everywhere who can so clearly see how crappy he is....

What a shitty, thankless job it must be to be a grinding football game-film scout. Seriously, that is not a job anybody dreams of growing up and becoming. What they dream of is becoming starting QB at ND and getting drafted into the NFL!

Last edited:
Come on guys, don't you know the haters are out there calling Ian Book a coward and a horse thief and a virgin? It's bordering on conspiracy 😅
I guess there is a slight morbid pleasure in seeing the goon squad, which includes yourself, after you make sure the coast is clear, strut around and spit on Ian Book's legacy, and then quickly disclaim it and swear you wish him the best. That whole routine. And you're actually complacent about that shit.... and smug! YIKES!!!

Anyways, this link I provided to Howard Cosell Jr was on the notorious ND Nation board. That's how I stumbled upon it. They get all their hater bloodlust out on BK and Jack Swarbrick, so guys like Ian Book mainly get a pass. But at heart those guys are the most miserable ND haters you could ever imagine. As well as being alums, and longtime hardcore superfans.

Go figure!

Time for the OP to step away from ledge. His continuing penchant for referring to anyone who disagrees with him as a "hater" does him no favors.
Come on now, that's not fair. All I did was provide a link to a video of Howard Cosell's grandson, who as a scout was particularly dismissive of Ian Book's selection by the Saints. And naturally, that something like that would be gratifying to all the Book haters out there, whoever they may be. That does not imply that every last ND fan is a lousy Ian Book hater. It just doesn't.

What does bother me I will say, is if you're not a Book hater at all, you nevertheless allow these trolls, oftentimes outright trolls who are not even actual ND fans and who are just loser weirdo trolls, to dominate the narrative and set the tone on a ND message board. Ian Book is constantly disrespected and dismissed on a ND message board and nobody says shit about it! Nobody defends him....

You could easily shut these haters up by acclamation, but you don't, and you're silent...

So that's basically how this all got started, as far as where I'm coming from.

Come on guys, don't you know the haters are out there calling Ian Book a coward and a horse thief and a virgin? It's bordering on conspiracy 😅
Okay, you can say what you want, but the starting QB at ND is not a virgin nor will they ever be.

Like a 12 year old on the playground. Kinda sad.
Right, that's me. Like a 12-year old kid... You nailed it, buddy.

But look at how you guys commiserate amongst yourselves. That's gotta be satisfying for you. So it wasn't all bad, getting labeled as an Ian Book hater. And now you get Howard Cosell's grandson, as well as my own lame sort of groveling as sweet, sweet vindication.

Right, that's me. Like a 12-year old kid... You nailed it, buddy.

But look at how you guys commiserate amongst yourselves. That's gotta be satisfying for you. So it wasn't all bad, getting labeled as an Ian Book hater. And now you get Howard Cosell's grandson, as well as my own lame sort of groveling as sweet, sweet vindication.
You're a freaking weirdo

What does bother me I will say, is if you're not a Book hater at all, you nevertheless allow these trolls, oftentimes outright trolls who are not even actual ND fans and who are just loser weirdo trolls, to dominate the narrative and set the tone on a ND message board. Ian Book is constantly disrespected and dismissed on a ND message board and nobody says shit about it! Nobody defends him....

You could easily shut these haters up by acclamation, but you don't, and you're silent...

So that's basically how this all got started, as far as where I'm coming from.
What the hell is wrong with you? How do I "allow these trolls, oftentimes outright trolls who are not even actual ND fans and who are just loser weirdo trolls, to dominate the narrative?"
What am I supposed to do about this? I am not the board police. It is not my responsibility to go around and call out everyone who makes a statement I disagree with. You need to step away and find some other activities if you think that is what this board is all about.

What the hell is wrong with you? How do I "allow these trolls, oftentimes outright trolls who are not even actual ND fans and who are just loser weirdo trolls, to dominate the narrative?"
What am I supposed to do about this? I am not the board police. It is not my responsibility to go around and call out everyone who makes a statement I disagree with. You need to step away and find some other activities if you think that is what this board is all about.
All it takes for hating trolls to prevail is for good posters to do nothing! You're slacking ndsmc lol!

Reactions: Golson5 and NDSMC78
I'm pretty sure some of these dudes are not authentic ND fans. I'm not certain of it, but I've been a member of Rivals for almost 15 years now, and I feel like I can tell when I'm in the presence of a troll. And they do exist and it definitely is a thing. It's not just my imagination, though one can never tell for certain.

Anyway, I apologize, you don't need to be dragged into this and seem like a nice, normal fan. However it was draft day and I don't really give a shit who's offended by it. The haters certainly don't care who they offend, and haven't for three years running. And pretty much had to have a public shaming campaign on this board for them to even be tolerable to be around.

So... again my condolences...

My man says he can tell when he is in the presence of a troll as he gets trolled by an entire thread... LOL the free board sometimes really is the best board.

My man says he can tell when he is in the presence of a troll as he gets trolled by an entire thread... LOL the free board sometimes really is the best board.
I don't know about that. I see a bunch of high-strung ND fans still freaking out over being labeled as 'haters'. You at least have enough presence of mind to play it cool, and say My man says.... like you're all street-wise or some shit.

I will admit that I let the Book haters bother me too much and I was never going to win that fight, but like I said, it was draft day and Ian Book went 4th round! To a team that clearly targeted him and seemingly will want to give him every chance to succeed. And that's all, not that big a deal. And I do think that one dude is probably a troll.

I'm pretty sure some of these dudes are not authentic ND fans. I'm not certain of it, but I've been a member of Rivals for almost 15 years now, and I feel like I can tell when I'm in the presence of a troll. And they do exist and it definitely is a thing. It's not just my imagination, though one can never tell for certain.

Anyway, I apologize, you don't need to be dragged into this and seem like a nice, normal fan. However it was draft day and I don't really give a shit who's offended by it. The haters certainly don't care who they offend, and haven't for three years running. And pretty much had to have a public shaming campaign on this board for them to even be tolerable to be around.

So... again my condolences...
Go away and hide

I don't know about that. I see a bunch of high-strung ND fans still freaking out over being labeled as 'haters'. You at least have enough presence of mind to play it cool, and say My man says.... like you're all street-wise or some shit.

I will admit that I let the Book haters bother me too much and I was never going to win that fight, but like I said, it was draft day and Ian Book went 4th round! To a team that clearly targeted him and seemingly will want to give him every chance to succeed. And that's all, not that big a deal. And I do think that one dude is probably a troll.
My man says I am playing it cool as he calls everyone "dudes" and "haters"... lolz

"I will admit that I let the Book haters bother me too much"

No way and you seemed so even keeled all the time lol!

ADVERTISEMENT