ADVERTISEMENT

Announcers

Never was a fan of Mike T. Just every chance he got he would toss in a negative statement and he was about as exciting as bingo night at the old folks home.

Was watching the wisky replay. I don’t know who it was on fox sports, but when Tyree hit the Return for a TD it’s exactly the excitement you want.

With ND looking for 75m, can they upgrade to some actual ND fans that have some excitement in their voice when we score?
Well...

Charlie Jones and Bob Trumpy?

Or...

Dick Enberg, Bill Walsh, John Dockery

I mean there's been some real gems over the years. (Sarcastic)

TV is different than radio.

Moreover it's a national broadcast not a regional one say in Hockey or Basketball.

NBC has to walk the line of being pro Notre Dame but wothout it being over the top. There must be an attempt at balancing the Telecast given it's broadcasted nationally and perhaps globally to some degree.

Mike Tirico did a grear job IMO...
His color guys hurt the broadcast.

88ND, agree with you. IMO Tirico is great, I think Joe Theismann would have been great doing the games. I think he is a straight shooter and while he might be a bit of a homer, he would criticize ND when they wet the bed.

Reactions: 88ND and Chitown11
Mike T did a real giod job.

Him and Dungy I thought were excellent.

Brees was not very good imo

Mike T did a real giod job.

Him and Dungy I thought were excellent.

Brees was not very good imo
I agree. I really enjoyed the Tirico/Dungy team. Tirico is a pro's pro and Dungy, while understated, offered some really good insights. He wasn't sycophantic about ND, but generally kept things positive about the team and the program. I was disappointed when Brees replaced him. Brees was OK, but I liked Dungy better. NBC never really explained why Dungy was replaced. Supposedly so he could concentrate on his NFL broadcast work, but it seems like there was probably something more to it. Usually it comes down to ratings.

Subjective … Mayock was also good. I did not like Hammond and Haden was hit or miss.

herbstriet is the new awful … even worse than Musburger … the game is the event not the announcer.
there is absolutely no one worse than Mushburgher

there is absolutely no one worse than Mushburgher
Except when he called the 1988 Catholics vs. Convicts game....

Just the fact he was part of that moment...slaying Goliath......

Get's him a pass

He called some Larry Bird's best games as well...

Go figure

There was no more boring a tandem than tirico & dungy. The downright giddiness when things weren’t going well for ND & silence when they were, was as nauseating as it could get w/ those two. Brees wasn’t bad for jumping in head first & not really knowing the trade. We’ve never had a great tandem at NBC.

There was no more boring a tandem than tirico & dungy. The downright giddiness when things weren’t going well for ND & silence when they were, was as nauseating as it could get w/ those two. Brees wasn’t bad for jumping in head first & not really knowing the trade. We’ve never had a great tandem at NBC.
Clueless.

This is crazy.

Dungy was pro ND and his joy of watching Tremble was awesome to listen to.

I guess fans just hear what they want. Everyone always thinks that everyone is anti ND even when they are not

“Crazy”? Lol. I’m really not sure why you post as if your opinion is always right and if someone else’s doesn’t align w/ yours, it’s “crazy”. You loved dungy, that’s great. I didn’t. Jam the crazy talk, ahole.

“Crazy”? Lol. I’m really not sure why you post as if your opinion is always right and if someone else’s doesn’t align w/ yours, it’s “crazy”. You loved dungy, that’s great. I didn’t. Jam the crazy talk, ahole.
Not crazy on your opinion on who was boring or good as an announcer. That is your opinion. And you are entitled to it.

My comment was referring to them as being giddy when things didnt go well for ND.

That comment was simply not true and you watching the game as a homer. Mike is a pros pro who never is like that with anyone. Same with Dungy. They are classy people.

You misunderstood my post. Dont be so sensitive especially when you didnt understand what I said

I misunderstood nothing. You saying that they were pro-ND and not giddy when things weren’t going well for ND is your opinion, nothing more. And I don’t give a shit if you think they’re classy. They were boring & definitely weren’t pro-ND. So I guess you’re crazy too. Jam it, ahole

I misunderstood nothing. You saying that they were pro-ND and not giddy when things weren’t going well for ND is your opinion, nothing more. And I don’t give a shit if you think they’re classy. They were boring & definitely weren’t pro-ND. So I guess you’re crazy too. Jam it, ahole
Because you're looking at a homer.

And you're obviously a huge tool

Jam it ahole. What are you like 10?

Good one

Dude, you can't be serious with this crap.

You claiming Tirico and Dungy were "giddy..." when things did not go well for Notre Dame is patently false.

Let’s see, so far you’ve called me a crazy, homer, tool, 10 year old, clown, within 2-3 posts, all because I called tirico & dungy boring non-homers. & I’m the clown? Lol

Except when he called the 1988 Catholics vs. Convicts game....

Just the fact he was part of that moment...slaying Goliath......

Get's him a pass

He called some Larry Bird's best games as well...

Go figure
My first memories of Musburger were on The NFL Today in the late 70s and 80s. Used to watch that all the time as a kid, with him, Jimmy the Greek, Irv Cross, etc.

I've always liked Musburger. He was always very enthusiastic and knowledgable, no matter what sport he was covering.

My first memories of Musburger were on The NFL Today in the late 70s and 80s. Used to watch that all the time as a kid, with him, Jimmy the Greek, Irv Cross, etc.

I've always liked Musburger. He was always very enthusiastic and knowledgable, no matter what sport he was covering.
And Phyllis George. I watched the same show. We must be the same age.

Reactions: mbd11

He was awful

ADVERTISEMENT