ADVERTISEMENT

Announcers

ftnfan62

I've posted how many times?
Aug 1, 2010
Never was a fan of Mike T. Just every chance he got he would toss in a negative statement and he was about as exciting as bingo night at the old folks home.

Was watching the wisky replay. I don’t know who it was on fox sports, but when Tyree hit the Return for a TD it’s exactly the excitement you want.

With ND looking for 75m, can they upgrade to some actual ND fans that have some excitement in their voice when we score?

Love Mike Tirico he is one of the best.
Really? Man, just can’t stand him. Every game.

Its always some “ND got away with one there”. Then the same penalty the other way is “the was pretty close. I didn’t see it”.

The game against USC he was droning on about how lucky ND was to not be 1-5.

To each his own I guess. Would love to hear an actual fan.

Well, he gone. So I guess it doesn’t really matter. Jac Collinsworth is an up and comer. Brady Quinn would add some excitement. Interesting to see who they get. No where to go but up for me. I’d rather have the local high school announcer than Mike.

Now Keith Jackson, that was a good announcer!!

Probably true if most things. I’d like to see the Golics. Just someone with some passion for ND. It’s our home games. Our home announcers. Just feels like someone who has a positive thing to say with some excitement when something happens would be good. Half the time last year Mike kept getting Coan and Buchner mixed up like he was not really watching.

Flutie was another hater. Hammond was ok.

Golic and Quinn would be good. How about Bettis or Darius Walker

Probably true if most things. I’d like to see the Golics. Just someone with some passion for ND. It’s our home games. Our home announcers. Just feels like someone who has a positive thing to say with some excitement when something happens would be good. Half the time last year Mike kept getting Coan and Buchner mixed up like he was not really watching.
From Mike Tirico to the Golics.

Your narrative of Mike Tirico is hysterical to read.

Not really a narrative, all you need to do is watch the game against UNC and open your ears a bit. You will hear the mistakes and the negativity. But hey, i will count 75 in the “love” category of Mike. Just not my thing.

Not really a narrative, all you need to do is watch the game against UNC and open your ears a bit. You will hear the mistakes and the negativity. But hey, i will count 75 in the “love” category of Mike. Just not my thing.
Respect your opinion. Simply disagree. And I don’t need a Pom Pom holder announcing Notre Dame games.

Agree on opinion. I would kind of like a homer. I lived in GA for 20 years. The local announcers where great. They actually knew the players and loved and died for the team. Munson was a god and the voice of UGA. They could talk about players and the team. It was not forced, it was passion.

Might be nice for a change. Maybe we would get tired of that too, but I would like to try it.

So since we have to pick new ones, who is your choice? I don’t believe they have been announced.

Agree on opinion. I would kind of like a homer. I lived in GA for 20 years. The local announcers where great. They actually knew the players and loved and died for the team. Munson was a god and the voice of UGA. They could talk about players and the team. It was not forced, it was passion.

Might be nice for a change. Maybe we would get tired of that too, but I would like to try it.

So since we have to pick new ones, who is your choice? I don’t believe they have been announced.
I don’t believe “we” or Jack Swarbick makes that decision. NBC does.

Reactions: Kelso86

I’m a born and raised LA Dodger fan and I listened to the legendary Vin Scully announce Dodger games for years. Scully was a neutral announcer, didn’t salivate over Dodger players anymore than the opponent, and simply called the game. I like that style, appreciate that style, and I hope NBC simply finds the best announcer and analyst possible.

Doug Flutie was abysmal. Stay away from Flutie.

Was not a big flutie fan. Not so much about ND, just was a bit boring. Bree’s was knowledgeable, some of his O breakdowns where pretty interesting but could get clinical. I liked Collinsworth when he called a few.

I thought some of the away games had better camera coverage and announcers.

Not sure who did FSU or Va Tech last year but thought they where decent

Was not a big flutie fan. Not so much about ND, just was a bit boring. Bree’s was knowledgeable, some of his O breakdowns where pretty interesting but could get clinical. I liked Collinsworth when he called a few.

Flutie and Gary Danielson IMO sincerely despise Notre Dame.

Flutie was very unskilled at announcing when he started … he definitely improved over time and became a pretty good announcer. Drew Brees was excellent IMO

Wow

Flutie was awful. Brees wasn't good
Subjective … Mayock was also good. I did not like Hammond and Haden was hit or miss.

herbstriet is the new awful … even worse than Musburger … the game is the event not the announcer.

I kinda like Mayock as well.....sometimes he turned simple things into a science experiment.

Thanks for the info on Gus.....he was excellent......Has my vote! No that it matters. ha

I’m a born and raised LA Dodger fan and I listened to the legendary Vin Scully announce Dodger games for years. Scully was a neutral announcer, didn’t salivate over Dodger players anymore than the opponent, and simply called the game. I like that style, appreciate that style, and I hope NBC simply finds the best announcer and analyst possible.

Doug Flutie was abysmal. Stay away from Flutie.
"That's Doug just being an athlete...."

Never was a fan of Mike T. Just every chance he got he would toss in a negative statement and he was about as exciting as bingo night at the old folks home.

Was watching the wisky replay. I don’t know who it was on fox sports, but when Tyree hit the Return for a TD it’s exactly the excitement you want.

With ND looking for 75m, can they upgrade to some actual ND fans that have some excitement in their voice when we score?
I never had a problem with Tirico. He did a good job IMO. Jac Collinsworth's a Domer, but he's also very green for that job. Hope it goes well. Supposedly Jason Garrett might be the analyst.

I never had a problem with Tirico. He did a good job IMO. Jac Collinsworth's a Domer, but he's also very green for that job. Hope it goes well. Supposedly Jason Garrett might be the analyst.
That would be atrocious

That would be atrocious
Have never heard Garrett call a game, so I don't know if he's any good or not. But I don't like the fact that he's not a CFB guy. He's been in the NFL for the last 30 years.

Have never heard Garrett call a game, so I don't know if he's any good or not. But I don't like the fact that he's not a CFB guy. He's been in the NFL for the last 30 years.
I dont like Jac as a commentator. And Garrett is a pro guy and has a boring personality.

Would be atrocious

I dont like Jac as a commentator. And Garrett is a pro guy and has a boring personality.

Would be atrocious
At least Jac's a Domer. So for once, we'll have an announcer who's a fan of the team. That hasn't been the case, most of the time.

At least Jac's a Domer. So for once, we'll have an announcer who's a fan of the team. That hasn't been the case, most of the time.
That's not important to me.

I want to hear the best guys call the game. I dont need a homer

I think you only hear what you want to hear.

ADVERTISEMENT