ADVERTISEMENT

Angeli

I Like Angeli, but the fact is if he ever plays a meaningful number of downs while at Notre Dame either he makes HUGE strides or something catastrophic has occurred. Nothing against the kid, but right now he has Pyne and Buchners ahead of him, it's possibly the same next year, and if Pyne leaves there is likely to be a new freshmen that is rated much higher then him competing. The year after your still have Buchner, the 2023 QB, and now Carr.

On the other hand, if he plays out of his mind and passes Pyne, the best chance for him to play would likely be this year.

Even though he looked good in the spring game, he's viewed as a distant third in the QB race, with Buchner way out in front.
Thanks Mel Kiper.

Yeah, there was a reason Tyler Buchner did not start over Jack Coan. He was a freshman competing with a fifth year senior who started and won many games at Wisconsin.
Quit excusing the fact he couldn't win the job.

You can't have this stuff both ways.
On one hand some act like he's going to be the second coming yet on the other hand he couldn't beat out an undtafted QB who in no way set the world afire. Matter of fact was spelled a couple of times in game.

Moreover...if Coan was all that he wouldn't have transferred.

Buchner can run alright but you can't be elite on running alone. To this point his passing isn't special and unless that is extremely polished up he'll be a more brittle Brandon Wimbush part II where the defense makes him pass because odds are it won't hurt them over 4 quarters.

Yeah, there was a reason Tyler Buchner did not start over Jack Coan. He was a freshman competing with a fifth year senior who started and won many games at Wisconsin.

On one hand some act like he's going to be the second coming yet on the other hand he couldn't beat out an undtafted QB who in no way set the world afire. Matter of fact was spelled a couple of times

Buchner can run alright but you can't be elite on running alone. To this point his passing isn't special and unless that is extremely polished up he'll be a more brittle Brandon Wimbush part II where the defense makes him pass because odds are it won't hurt them over 4 quarters.

I Like Angeli, but the fact is if he ever plays a meaningful number of downs while at Notre Dame either he makes HUGE strides or something catastrophic has occurred. Nothing against the kid, but right now he has Pyne and Buchners ahead of him, it's possibly the same next year, and if Pyne leaves there is likely to be a new freshmen that is rated much higher then him competing. The year after your still have Buchner, the 2023 QB, and now Carr.

On the other hand, if he plays out of his mind and passes Pyne, the best chance for him to play would likely be this year.

Even though he looked good in the spring game, he's viewed as a distant third in the QB race, with Buchner way out in front.
Buchner has shown nothing to be "way out in front"

It's funny to me because the board "HOPES he's the guy" and I reckon the thinking is maybe enough people can just will him the starting job.
If hoping is the new reality then please will him a god damn healthy season first and foremost.
Actually it's probably more appropriate to will him a healthy summer camp just to get him to week 1 unscathed no matter if he starts or platoons the position

On one hand some act like he's going to be the second coming yet on the other hand he couldn't beat out an undtafted QB who in no way set the world afire. Matter of fact was spelled a couple of times in game.

What does the NFL have to do with CFB? Your response is simply your narrative.

The number of true freshmen who start at QB at big time CFB programs are very very very few. Once Jack Coan arrived, he was going to start every regular season game until the regular season was a disaster, which never happened.

Big Boy CFB programs with CFB Playoff aspirations rarely start a true freshman QB. Notre Dame is no different.

Last edited:
Reactions: tbone3114

On one hand some act like he's going to be the second coming yet on the other hand he couldn't beat out an undtafted QB who in no way set the world afire. Matter of fact was spelled a couple of times

Phil Jurkovec also couldn’t win the job … we all
Know Kelly hates playing young QBs. He’s prioritizes protect the ball.

Reactions: sjb75

Hes a better runner and passer than Wimbush

The number of true freshmen who start at QB at big time CFB programs are very very very few. Once Jack Coan arrived, he was going to start every regular season game until the regular season was a disaster, which never happened.

Big Boy CFB programs with CFB Playoff aspirations rarely start a true freshman QB. Notre Dame is no different.
Go away kid

Phil Jurkovec also couldn’t win the job … we all
Know Kelly hates playing young QBs. He’s prioritizes protect the ball.
Uuhhh...
You just start watching?

Allow me to present you the story of one....

Everett Golson

Who needed spelled in almost every game by the elder Thomas Rees. Did that ever change the depth chart? Nope!

Remember...in the 12 BCS game Rees never even sniffed the field yet all year long when the offense sputtered Rees number was called.

What's it all mean?
Brian Kelly has absolutely no idea what he's doing with the QB position but he thinks he's a master making him twice as ignorant.

A little revisit...

Golson...spelled by Rees

Golson...replaced by Zaire

Zaire injured otherwise Kizer doesn't see the field.

BTW...Kizer was the best QB Kelly had yet he wasn't beating out Zaire. (Everyone could see Kizer was the better QB)

Wimbush...start after start yet couldn't hit the ocean throwing from the pier.

Book....after being forced to change from Wimbush as Brian Kelly was looking dumb he went with Book.
(A season too late)

Let's not use the age factor or quite honestly any excuse with QB's and Brian Kelly.

Reactions: tbonesays

Then don't act like Buchner is the second coming.

You can't have this both ways. He's not all of a sudden an over the top elite play making QB this year who didn't play one Bowl game snap nor one down in the spring game mind you...

He very well might be the starter but this tone acting like he's some way out in front leader of the QB competition is wishful thinking and nothing more.

Hes a better runner and passer than Wimbush
Ssshhhh the adults are speaking.

See the comparison to Wimbush wasn't on the player but the opposition.
If you knew half about football that you think you do you might know a little about this stuff.

I'd give you a pop-up book illustration but Rivals doesn't offer that feature yet.

Saying again...if Buchner is the guy...and he doesn't polish up his passing the opposition will dare him to throw. In other words they will NOT allow him to beat them running.

Sound familiar? If not it's exactly how teams played Wimbush.

If Buchner can show accuracy and good decision making they'll play him honest.

I don't. Not at all. The Michigan DL and secondary that played game 1 in 2018 are still scratching their collective heads.
Yeah he threw for a whopping 170 yards and ran for a whopping 59 yards.

You cant be serious with this stuff

Ssshhhh the adults are speaking.

See the comparison to Wimbush wasn't on the player but the opposition.
If you knew half about football that you think you do you might know a little about this stuff.

I'd give you a pop-up book illustration but Rivals doesn't offer that feature yet.

Saying again...if Buchner is the guy...and he doesn't polish up his passing the opposition will dare him to throw. In other words they will NOT allow him to beat them running.

Sound familiar? If not it's exactly how teams played Wimbush.

If Buchner can show accuracy and good decision making they'll play him honest.
Buchner is a better passer and runner than Wimbush

Reactions: IrishMike409
Google LSU and sexual misconduct. Quite a read.

Lol. Who the **** is this tool?
You know those two elderly hecklers who sit in the peanut gallery on the Muppets? Meet the grandson.

Looks to me like Angeli may have already passed Pyne. I would like ND's chances better with him under center, in spite of his lack of experience. Truth is....experience isn't a trait on this quarterback roster anywhere. So that isn't the difference between the three.

Buchner has shown nothing to be "way out in front"

It's funny to me because the board "HOPES he's the guy" and I reckon the thinking is maybe enough people can just will him the starting job.
If hoping is the new reality then please will him a god damn healthy season first and foremost.
Actually it's probably more appropriate to will him a healthy summer camp just to get him to week 1 unscathed no matter if he starts or platoons the position

Uuhhh...
You just start watching?

Allow me to present you the story of one....

Everett Golson

Who needed spelled in almost every game by the elder Thomas Rees. Did that ever change the depth chart? Nope!

Remember...in the 12 BCS game Rees never even sniffed the field yet all year long when the offense sputtered Rees number was called.

What's it all mean?
Brian Kelly has absolutely no idea what he's doing with the QB position but he thinks he's a master making him twice as ignorant.

A little revisit...

Golson...spelled by Rees

Golson...replaced by Zaire

Zaire injured otherwise Kizer doesn't see the field.

BTW...Kizer was the best QB Kelly had yet he wasn't beating out Zaire. (Everyone could see Kizer was the better QB)

Wimbush...start after start yet couldn't hit the ocean throwing from the pier.

Book....after being forced to change from Wimbush as Brian Kelly was looking dumb he went with Book.
(A season too late)

Let's not use the age factor or quite honestly any excuse with QB's and Brian Kelly.
You cannot talk about wimbush without acknowledging that he was utterly mishandled by Mike Sanford. The guy was given possibly the most physically gifted QB ND has recruited ever and he destroyed his ability to throw.

Sanford is one of the least talked about, HUGE errors that Brian Kelly made. He has destroyed qbs level of play almost everywhere he has gone.

You know those two elderly hecklers who sit in the peanut gallery on the Muppets? Meet the grandson.

Looks to me like Angeli may have already passed Pyne. I would like ND's chances better with him under center, in spite of his lack of experience. Truth is....experience isn't a trait on this quarterback roster anywhere. So that isn't the difference between the three.
I think Pyne and Angeli are the exact same players. Both are made to be very good backups that could come in an win you a game, but we'd be in trouble with either starting regularly. You need these guys on your teams, but you don't want the starting.

I think Pyne and Angeli are the exact same players. Both are made to be very good backups that could come in an win you a game, but we'd be in trouble with either starting regularly. You need these guys on your teams, but you don't want the starting.
Thanks again Mel.

Then don't act like Buchner is the second coming.

You can't have this both ways. He's not all of a sudden an over the top elite play making QB this year who didn't play one Bowl game snap nor one down in the spring game mind you...

He very well might be the starter but this tone acting like he's some way out in front leader of the QB competition is wishful thinking and nothing more.
No one acted like Tyler Buchner was Andrew Luck coming out of HS. Absolutely no one.

This is simply your made up narrative to say what you want to say.

Yeah he threw for a whopping 170 yards and ran for a whopping 59 yards.

You cant be serious with this stuff
W.

And when Notre Dame plays Michigan, it’s all that matters.

Last edited:
You made a statement about Jim Harbaugh like he destroyed his defense. He played okay
Played OK? Wimbush won the game, threw a big TD pass, willed his team to first downs with big runs in that game. And it was against favored Michigan.

One hell of a lot better than the 2019 result.

Played OK? Wimbush won the game, threw a big TD pass, willed his team to first downs with big runs in that game. And it was against favored Michigan.

One hell of a lot better than the 2019 result.
Notre Dame won the game

Brandon played okay. Not anywhere near great. He had a solid game. Our defense held then to 17 points. You're going to win almost all your games if you do that

You're acting like he threw over 300 yards, ran for over 100 and had 3 tds

Notre Dame won the game

Brandon played okay. Not anywhere near great. He had a solid game. Our defense held then to 17 points. You're going to win almost all your games if you do that

You're acting like he threw over 300 yards, ran for over 100 and had 3 tds
Michigan. A W.

Yep. Awesome

What does that have to do with Wimbush
I’m with Golson on this one … ND scored 14 early with Finke muscling a poorly under thrown ball into double coverage. I don’t believe Michigan crossed mid field in the first half. ND only scored 10 more the rest of the way and the defense won the game.

I’m with Golson on this one … ND scored 14 early with Finke muscling a poorly under thrown ball into double coverage. I don’t believe Michigan crossed mid field in the first half. ND only scored 10 more the rest of the way and the defense won the game.
“Poorly underthrown....” LMAO.

This isn’t the NFL. The Football was thrown to an area to be caught. It was caught.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT