ADVERTISEMENT

Angeli

hoopsstar12

Posts Like A Champion
Jan 16, 2008
He is the most unappreciated player on the roster of recruited players. Everyone talks about Buchner and Pyne. If Buchner falters or gets injured, I am going with Angeli. I think he will be the next great drop back QB.

Reactions: BGI User 756
He is the most unappreciated player on the roster of recruited players. Everyone talks about Buchner and Pyne. If Buchner falters or gets injured, I am going with Angeli. I think he will be the next great drop back QB.

no he stinks

Again....
This theme around here that Buchner is automatically the starter.
Buchner can run no question but his passing is yet questionable and to this point he's brittle.
If he never misses another snap from injury great but I wouldn't bet a nickel on that.

Just remember this....

There were many times Coan was not setting the world afire and Buchner couldn't win the starting job.
There's a reason for that

I expect all three QB’s to play in 22. Just the nature of running the QB.

Again....
Buchner can run no question but his passing is yet questionable and to this point he's brittle.
If he never misses another snap from injury great but I wouldn't bet a nickel on that.

Just remember this....

There were many times Coan was not setting the world afire and Buchner couldn't win the starting job.
Buchner is going to be the starter. There is really no debate on that.

Now if you think he will fail during the season, that's a different topic.

But he's starting game 1 barring injury

Reactions: Kelso86
You would know the value of an Angeli if he announced a transfer. I for one agree with the first part of the OP's post....Angeli is overlooked; and should provide a greater contribution to the offense than Pyne. This kid may be called on earlier than later if Buchner takes the wrong spill or hit. I would have more confidence in his ability to move the offense, with fewer turnovers, than Pyne. JMO....but that's the eyeball test version. The reason this is even a conversation is that ND is thin at quarterback, like it or not. Another Kelly staple.

You would know the value of an Angeli if he announced a transfer. I for one agree with the first part of the OP's post....Angeli is overlooked; and should provide a greater contribution to the offense than Pyne. This kid may be called on earlier than later if Buchner takes the wrong spill or hit. I would have more confidence in his ability to move the offense, with fewer turnovers, than Pyne. JMO....but that's the eyeball test version. The reason this is even a conversation is that ND is thin at quarterback, like it or not. Another Kelly staple.
Finishing 44-6 with two playoff berths in his last 4 seasons was another “Kelly staple.”

Again....

Just remember this....

Yeah, there was a reason Tyler Buchner did not start over Jack Coan. He was a freshman competing with a fifth year senior who started and won many games at Wisconsin.

Reactions: mbd11
Angeli looked like he had a lot of promise in the spring game. But, that was just a spring game. As a freshman, I don't expect him to play much this year. If he does, it means we're in trouble, because the other guys got hurt.

Finishing 44-6 with two playoff berths in his last 4 seasons was another “Kelly staple.”
I appreciate Kelly's contributions to ND and his departure from ND. That's about as fair and balanced as I can be on the subject. You shorted Kelly....he was in 3 championship series...not two....and embarrassed himself each time....more fairness and balance for your viewing pleasure.

I appreciate Kelly's contributions to ND and his departure from ND. That's about as fair and balanced as I can be on the subject. You shorted Kelly....he was in 3 championship series...not two....and embarrassed himself each time....more fairness and balance for your viewing pleasure.
Reaching Final 4 status in the CFB world is far from embarrassing. If you believe it’s embarrassing, so be it. LSU’s checkbook certainly didn’t find it embarrassing.

Reaching Final 4 status in the CFB world is far from embarrassing. If you believe it’s embarrassing, so be it. LSU’s checkbook certainly didn’t find it embarrassing.
Give him time......he just got there.

Angeli looked like he had a lot of promise in the spring game. But, that was just a spring game. As a freshman, I don't expect him to play much this year. If he does, it means we're in trouble, because the other guys got hurt.
Let’s judge Steve Angeli a year from now, and two years from now when he competes with CJ Carr.

To me it seems like Pyne lacks courage and Angeli seems have a better feel for the offense based on the Spring game. Buchner will have 1 year of maturity but the element of surprise is also gone.

To me it seems like Pyne lacks courage and Angeli seems have a better feel for the offense based on the Spring game. Buchner will have 1 year of maturity but the element of surprise is also gone.
Really? You guys are amazing. You have no knowledge of the QB situation . Yet make these blanket assumptions as if fact . First of all Buchner has little playing experience , remember he never had a senior season in HS . California canceled FB because of COVID.
Then he enters ND and has very limited game experience last season , a BK staple for backups . Pyne has the same . Very limited game experience. According to the coaches he has complete grasp of the playbook. He could turn out to be another Rees or like the QB Georgia won a National title with last season.
As far as Angeli goes , he was highly recruited by many of the top 20 programs . Give these young QBs time to develop.

Pyne showed plenty of courage last year in the two big games he came into, Cincinnati and Wisconsin. He played pretty well in those games, and led us to the comeback win over Wisconsin.

Yeah, there was a reason Tyler Buchner did not start over Jack Coan. He was a freshman competing with a fifth year senior who started and won many games at Wisconsin.
And he also didn't play football as a senior in high school

Reactions: NDinNJ
Really? You guys are amazing. You have no knowledge of the QB situation . Yet make these blanket assumptions as if fact . First of all Buchner has little playing experience , remember he never had a senior season in HS . California canceled FB because of COVID.
Then he enters ND and has very limited game experience last season , a BK staple for backups . Pyne has the same . Very limited game experience. According to the coaches he has complete grasp of the playbook. He could turn out to be another Rees or like the QB Georgia won a National title with last season.
As far as Angeli goes , he was highly recruited by many of the top 20 programs . Give these young QBs time to develop.
Didn’t Rees tell Swarbrick he has 2 qb’s that are good enough to win a natty? Back in dec/Jan

Google LSU and sexual misconduct. Quite a read.
Ran into Ed o recently, ( literally), he runs in south pt park quite a bit and lives in the neighborhood—south beach in miami beach. His girlfriend, Brandi, trails him on roller blades. Anyway, he was yelling at some kid on a bike so I yell out “ ED O!” Gotta say he was pretty damn friendly and he asked Brandi to take a photo of us. Asked him if he thought BK will be successful at LSU , he grinned and said “ not my problem “. Brandi seemed more interested in local RE and wanted to move closer to the park so she asked about my building. I’m guessing Brandi was the stripper who he brought to practice but not certain. She’s probably a 9 in Louisiana but no more then a 5 or 6 here. Asked him if he was going to get back in the game, “ we’ll see”

Pyne showed plenty of courage last year in the two big games he came into, Cincinnati and Wisconsin. He played pretty well in those games, and led us to the comeback win over Wisconsin.
I must have a bad memory. I remember we lost to Cincy and completely stuffed Wiscy's run game.

I must have a bad memory. I remember we lost to Cincy and completely stuffed Wiscy's run game.
When the Wisconsin game was still close, Pyne threw a key TD pass, and finished 6/8 for 81 yds and a TD, which is pretty efficient for a backup off the bench. And against Cincy, he led us to our only two touchdowns in the 2nd half.

I Like Angeli, but the fact is if he ever plays a meaningful number of downs while at Notre Dame either he makes HUGE strides or something catastrophic has occurred. Nothing against the kid, but right now he has Pyne and Buchners ahead of him, it's possibly the same next year, and if Pyne leaves there is likely to be a new freshmen that is rated much higher then him competing. The year after your still have Buchner, the 2023 QB, and now Carr.

On the other hand, if he plays out of his mind and passes Pyne, the best chance for him to play would likely be this year.

Even though he looked good in the spring game, he's viewed as a distant third in the QB race, with Buchner way out in front.

ADVERTISEMENT