ADVERTISEMENT

Am I the only one?

Did everyone forget the loss to BC (14-7) at the stadium in 2002? That loss followed a huge win at FSU and ruined an undefeated season. That BC loss was followed by a squeaker against a really bad Navy team, a huge win over an even worse Rutgers, and embarrassing big loses to USC and NCST in the Gator. Pat Dillingham threw a terrible pick to BC Backer, Josh Ott, for a 71 yard TD and that was all she wrote. Irish were undefeated and ranked 4th at the time. So, ND and BC definitely has a history.

I remember that one well, Toby. Came out in green and doubled BC’s yardage in a game that we should’ve won by 2 tds but turned it over at the most inopportune times. Dillingham’s pick was one of the worst I’ve seen. The Trojans began the first of three straight 31 point blowouts wins against us a couple weeks later. F BC!

Did everyone forget the loss to BC (14-7) at the stadium in 2002? That loss followed a huge win at FSU and ruined an undefeated season. That BC loss was followed by a squeaker against a really bad Navy team, a huge win over an even worse Rutgers, and embarrassing big loses to USC and NCST in the Gator. Pat Dillingham threw a terrible pick to BC Backer, Josh Ott, for a 71 yard TD and that was all she wrote. Irish were undefeated and ranked 4th at the time. So, ND and BC definitely has a history.
I witnessed that one in person also:D. I had blocked that game out but the name Pat Dillingham jogged my memory. Thanks a bunch. :p

Bodi -- how about posting a photo of Te'von in his ND robes (alongside his pumped photo you posted last year)! Congrats the most dominant LB in college football this year.

Very proud to welcome this classy man to the ranks of celebrated ND Alums! To do it in three years is astounding.

Great to have leaders like Te'von and Drue leading this team.

If Brandon can bring it this could be a lot of fun!

Reactions: Bodizephax
I believe in brevity. No bloviating allowed. Glad you are back. What did you do to our buddy Cgvr?

Cgvr has joined the carnival as a sword swallower. You can catch him doing his act in Topeka Kansas this coming weekend.

Bodi -- how about posting a photo of Te'von in his ND robes (alongside his pumped photo you posted last year)! Congrats the most dominant LB in college football this year.

Very proud to welcome this classy man to the ranks of celebrated ND Alums! To do it in three years is astounding.

Great to have leaders like Te'von and Drue leading this team.

If Brandon can bring it this could be a lot of fun!

Matt Ballis is not done with him yet. Coney is even more beastly than last year. He is a far better linebacker than Manti ever was but he didnt have 5 stars so many scoff at that. Not me !
Brandon Wimbush was the most dominate offensive player in college football up to the Miami game. The young man is a winner. He will shock the World this year !!
And look out for a certain tight end to step up as one of the Irish greats this year. And no it is not Alize Jones. I will reveal his name in time !
Go Irish ! 14 and 0 !

The 1964 loss to USC is the one that will stay with me.

I still think about that one too! I still find it hard to believe that Coach Ara lose 17 games in 11 years. I thought they would win them all back then.

I was kind of young in 1964 to understand the hiring of Ara but as a youngun, I knew something was right after the Irish beat Wisconsin on opening day. I was glued to the radio on my front porch that day and just fastened my seat belt for the ride. My Pop took me to a couple of games that year. The rest of the home games I watched on a TV in a local shot and beer joint that the steel workers called home. Back then, taverns had these rotating antennas to aim at South Bend (ND) and Chicago (Bears). No one said a damn thing that a 11 year old was sitting in a booth in a tavern, eating a bar ham off the bone sandwich and watching the Irish. That's where I learned to cuss. My Mom was not happy about any of this.

Ski...we talked about this at the end of the season. As much as Miami hurt, I accepted it was one of those games where the other team was sky high and we weren’t, and shit happens. For me, the Stanford loss bothered me a lot more, and made me question our players’ heart, and question our coaches skill at getting the team ready. With the benefit of hindsight, it became apparent that the team was simply out of gas.

Going forward, I buy into Bodi’s baby step advice, even though his 14-0 prediction suggests he doesn’t follow this himself! The Michigan game is a HUGE first game of the season, and that’s the baby step I’m Focused on. We need the flyboys focused and beaming down positive energy to our guys on the field, and know you will be front and center leading the aerial assault. Looking forward to reporting rested and ready and loaded with positive ordinance.

TelX

Just got back from Italy

Now I can start fosusing on the team

Yeah, I agree n hear you. It’s just that it was a HUGE let down n disappointment for me at Miami
First of all, I did not think they were a very good team. Still do not think so but admit they are better than I thought

I mean, Wimbush crapped the bed. It was awful. He did not look right from warmups.

And the real reason I got so upset is because I really felt last years team was different and was not going to fold. To see them lose like u said to Stanford was inexcusable.

That should have been a win

I don’t call for flytime with my wingmen for kicks. We fly to win

I have major doubts about Wimbush but I will go out on a Bodi style limb and say he will have a great season. Maybe Heisman mix

ADVERTISEMENT