ADVERTISEMENT

Am I the only one?

Everyone else feels this should be in the Nonrivals Thread.

Doesn’t seem like a long winning streak at all to me. Now the losing streak to them starting in 01 seemed to go on forever, and the stink of these loses still hangs in the air. This is a game I feel we should win every year!

Reactions: NDIRISH53
Who enjoys the long winning streak we have against BC? It has been a very long time since we lost to them. I believe we will beat the record streak we had against Navy. I don't hate Navy. But I hate BC !!

Re: "I believe we will beat the record streak we had against Navy."

Are you talking about the 43 year record NCAA losing streak Navy had vs. ND?

https://www.sbnation.com/a/2007-college-football-season/navy-notre-dame-streak-rivalry

That's the all time ultimate automatic win!

Delaware State, Charleston Southern, Chattanooga, Citadel, Bethune-Cookman. All those toughies sound familiar? Those are the all time automatic wins. What's Florida State's win streak against D1AA programs like those listed?

Last edited:
1993 Notre Dame Stadium BC 41-ND 39. I still think about that game.
Ara, I’m with you on that. Incredible flat performance by ND after the great win over Florida St, and then one of the greatest comebacks I’ve seen, only to be deflated by that last minute BC field goal; and the NC opportunity gone. Heartbreak for sure.

Delaware State, Charleston Southern, Chattanooga, Citadel, Bethune-Cookman. All those toughies sound familiar? Those are the all time automatic wins. What's Florida State's win streak against D1AA programs like those listed?
I don't know Toby... the hornets of Delaware state are always a tough matchup LOL

Count me out, I like BC. Good academic school with strong values; beautiful campus; great city. I remember going to BC for the annual game against Holy Cross way back in the day. Perhaps my main reason is that I once sailed in a regatta for the BC sailing team even though I was attending a nearby, but different, college. I was filling in when they were short a guy. Yes, I know this is a violation of NCAA rules and our big win probably should be forfeited but I don't care. Unfortunately, I never received my "letter" from BC. Damn!

Reactions: tbonesays
Ara, I’m with you on that. Incredible flat performance by ND after the great win over Florida St, and then one of the greatest comebacks I’ve seen, only to be deflated by that last minute BC field goal; and the NC opportunity gone. Heartbreak for sure.
Pete Bercich...

Doesn’t seem like a long winning streak at all to me. Now the losing streak to them starting in 01 seemed to go on forever, and the stink of these loses still hangs in the air. This is a game I feel we should win every year!

It was very silly to have a losing streak against a little brother, but mitigated by the fact we don't play them every year and Michigan has done worse against theirs.

Was that their FG kicker?
Nope. That was our LB who botched an interception on that final game winning BC drive. The ball was just about handed to him and he dropped it. That wasn't the only reason for the loss, but, it was a huge reason. Great players make the big plays in huge games.

Nope. That was our LB who botched an interception on that final game winning BC drive. The ball was just about handed to him and he dropped it. That wasn't the only reason for the loss, but, it was a huge reason. Great players make the big plays in huge games.
Remember the play, but not the name at all. Damn, just reminiscing brings raw emotion and frustration. Just a terrible loss and let down.

Remember the play, but not the name at all. Damn, just reminiscing brings raw emotion and frustration. Just a terrible loss and let down.
Nothing will ever be as bad as 2014 FSU. Whole season spiraled out of control after that

Reactions: Bodizephax

Those 5 are an impressive list! Speaking of automatic wins........

How about: Tulsa, NW, USF, Duke. Navy, BC 2008, NC State, UNC, Pitt, Connecticut.

Oh wait!!! ........those are all..........ALL...........L's!

Last edited:

How about: Tulsa, NW, USF, Duke. Navy, BC 2008, NC State, UNC, Pitt, Connecticut.

David Gordon

That is why I am enjoying the winning streak against BC. I think I am one of the only one truthful enough among ND fans to admit it. It is not that easy to beat a team that is always gunning for you. BC and Pitt are among equals and yet we have trouble with them too many times. Michigan State had a winning streak against us that stun. I have been enjoying ND's dominance against them lately also. Brian Kelly for the most part has had us beat the teams we should beat and USC, Now it is time for Kelly to beat the top 10 teams like he did up until November last year. Go Irish !!! 14 and 0!!!

My favorite part of the ACC deal is that we wind up playing fewer games against Fredo College.

Every one a Division 1 program. FSU is guaranteed at least one win a season, even in the worst of times. This season, Samford gets to collect a nice payday by playing the roll of the Automatic win for FSU. This is a Notre Dame board. No one gives a rat's patoot about FSU unless it's the week the Irish play them.

That is why I am enjoying the winning streak against BC. I think I am one of the only one truthful enough among ND fans to admit it. It is not that easy to beat a team that is always gunning for you. BC and Pitt are among equals and yet we have trouble with them too many times. Michigan State had a winning streak against us that stun. I have been enjoying ND's dominance against them lately also. Brian Kelly for the most part has had us beat the teams we should beat and USC, Now it is time for Kelly to beat the top 10 teams like he did up until November last year. Go Irish !!! 14 and 0!!!
It starts with Michigan!

It starts with Michigan!

I have been too busy to follow the Irish due to my new job I told you about. I even missed watching the spring game and have not watched a single Highlite. The ND vs Michigan game will be the first time I will see the new Irish team. It will be like the old days like 1988 when I just followed the Irish during the season. This is a great sign ! 2018 is going to be 1988 all over again ! 14 and 0 ! The Irish are elite as we speak ! Beat Michigan !

“That's the all time ultimate automatic win!”

Only an uninformed fan of a team that never plays them would say this about navy for the last 15-20 years or so. They played for their conference title last year, regularly beat power 5 teams and have been ranked in the top 25 multiple times. Automatic win my ass. You’ve tried this before and have gotten mauled, duoche, give it up.

I have been too busy to follow the Irish due to my new job I told you about. I even missed watching the spring game and have not watched a single Highlite. The ND vs Michigan game will be the first time I will see the new Irish team. It will be like the old days like 1988 when I just followed the Irish during the season. This is a great sign ! 2018 is going to be 1988 all over again ! 14 and 0 ! The Irish are elite as we speak ! Beat Michigan !
Well Bodi...working harder and being challenged more while receiving better pay is all good. Having this opportunity and the time demands after getting laid off is simply great, and happy for you. Some of us miss your varied provocative optimistic posts, and I expect these to pick up as the season nears; but in the interim, I am hopeful you can find the time to light a fire under Polian and get some Pacific Island kids moving our direction. Amosa sure didn’t disappoint!

Colonel SKY BRO sir ! Are we taking flight Michigan week ? Over and out ! 14 and 0 !
Bodi

Yes absolutely Flyboys will be rested and the call to arms will go out

Good to see u back Bodi

I still have not fully recovered from the Wimbush Miami game meltdown — and subsequent spiral. I may need to admit I need therapy

Bodi

Yes absolutely Flyboys will be rested and the call to arms will go out

Good to see u back Bodi

I still have not fully recovered from the Wimbush Miami game meltdown — and subsequent spiral. I may need to admit I need therapy
Therapy session one. (Baby steps)) Every team outside of Alabama gets a total beatdown once a season. Auburn kicked the crap out of Georgia. Miami kicked the crap out of ND.
The Irish were on top of the World playing Smashmouth football up until November. And they topped it off by beating a super talented LSU team who had a ton of NFL talent (look at the draft) and who had Alabama on the ropes in the 4th quarter. The Irish are getting back to elite status. Baby steps.
The Irish are going 14 and 0 this season. You got to believe !
WhatAboutBob_new.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ara64 and Telx1
Therapy session one. (Baby steps)) Every team outside of Alabama gets a total beatdown once a season. Auburn kicked the crap out of Georgia. Miami kicked the crap out of ND.
The Irish were on top of the World playing Smashmouth football up until November. And they topped it off by beating a super talented LSU team who had a ton of NFL talent (look at the draft) and who had Alabama on the ropes in the 4th quarter. The Irish are getting back to elite status. Baby steps.
The Irish are going 14 and 0 this season. You got to believe !
WhatAboutBob_new.jpg
It’s not that I don’t believe. It’s that the end of last season minus LSU game hurt. Bad

It’s not that I don’t believe. It’s that the end of last season minus LSU game hurt. Bad
Ski...we talked about this at the end of the season. As much as Miami hurt, I accepted it was one of those games where the other team was sky high and we weren’t, and shit happens. For me, the Stanford loss bothered me a lot more, and made me question our players’ heart, and question our coaches skill at getting the team ready. With the benefit of hindsight, it became apparent that the team was simply out of gas.

Going forward, I buy into Bodi’s baby step advice, even though his 14-0 prediction suggests he doesn’t follow this himself! The Michigan game is a HUGE first game of the season, and that’s the baby step I’m Focused on. We need the flyboys focused and beaming down positive energy to our guys on the field, and know you will be front and center leading the aerial assault. Looking forward to reporting rested and ready and loaded with positive ordinance.

ADVERTISEMENT