ADVERTISEMENT

All the haters got left is rooting for Jurkovec?

37-6 worth of evaluation! 🤣
Only again at Navy, Duke, Virginia, wake Forrest, very bad USC and Stanford teams. A paper champion. Oh by the way Phil has almost the same amount of yards in the first quarter against a team with a winning record versus Book in an entire game. Keep on drinking that cool aide. To bad winning championships are not a goal at ND

Reactions: VTND and NDinNJ
What is he doing ? He’s 3-2 and his CP is lower than Book’s
And he’s irrelevant. BC has no chance of doing anything. Phil can rack up stats and look great...who cares. BC games are meaningless. He had a chance to play Big Time College Football....was hard, so he opted not to.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bodizephax
Look at what Phil is doing with far lesser talent around him. If Book were on BC he probably wouldn’t start.
He didnt play well today. Hes had some good games, some bad games. He has a big arm but cant run the ball. Phil nor Book are/were the answer

At the end of the day doesn’t matter how
Good Book is. He isnt good enough to win a national title or even the ACC. That’s not good enough for me. PJ is irrelevant because he left and we will never know what he could have been. Saying that Book gives ND the best chance to win is the weakest excuse of all time. We have two other 4* QBs on the roster that should be able to play at the level Book does right out of the gate.

Phil is playing in a few minutes. I am giving 2 to 1 odds he puts up more than 12 points against a team better than Louisville

Yes he put up a whopping 14 points, threw 2 INTS and his team got it's ass handed to them 14-40. I am giving 2 to 1 odds. Winning 12-7, beats losing 14-40,

Reactions: Pennick4
Good Book is. He isnt good enough to win a national title or even the ACC. That’s not good enough for me. PJ is irrelevant because he left and we will never know what he could have been. Saying that Book gives ND the best chance to win is the weakest excuse of all time. We have two other 4* QBs on the roster that should be able to play at the level Book does right out of the gate.
WInning the ACC and winning the National Championship this year are essentially the same thing. All roads lead through Clemson.

Reactions: Bodizephax and VTND
WInning the ACC and winning the National Championship this year are essentially the same thing. All roads lead through Clemson.

I can't wait !! We don't need to worry about strength of schedule or how many points we win by. Al we got to do is beat Clemson !
That is what college football is all about ! And maybe just maybe (something" the sewing circle "aka "the sisterhood of the traveling pants" don't understand ,the Irish were not up for Louisville . They sure as hell are going to be up for Clemson !
Who cares how many points we win by? Just as long as we don't lose.

*** And I am glad we have 5th year senior Ian Book leading us !

Pyne is a younger Book. No chance he is better than Book right now. Clark, maybe

Pyne is a younger Book. No chance he is better than Book right now. Clark, maybe
How do you know that? He hasn’t been given a shot, neither has Pyne. Even if he is a younger Book, his ceiling is for sure higher and I’d argue a younger Book is better than the version we have now.

How do you know that? He hasn’t been given a shot, neither has Pyne. Even if he is a younger Book, his ceiling is for sure higher and I’d argue a younger Book is better than the version we have now.
He has no idea.

Reactions: VTND

At what point in the Louisville game would you have sent him in to QB the team ?

You'd be wrong about that last comment.

I know that Pyne is short for a QB, similar to Book. I know hes not physically strong, I can see how he looks. Has a similar arm to Book, from his HS tape. But is less athletic than Book, HS tape.

Pyne is very similar to Book. Just 4 years younger. Theres no way he understands the playbook as well as Book right now

Yeah- the Michigan game was only on Book.

Wow, people here have short memories.

Never said it was only on Book, there was plenty of blame to go around. However, his body of work in big games speaks for itself. In the Michigan game specifically and in games that have the same or better level of talent, he gets scared. Twist it however you want, ND is wasting its time with Book at this point.

Yes he put up a whopping 14 points, threw 2 INTS and his team got it's ass handed to them 14-40. I am giving 2 to 1 odds. Winning 12-7, beats losing 14-40,
They also had 3 fumbles so 5 turnovers is not going to win. I like how the work in progress is second in the ACC in total yards. All I said is he would score more points and that did happen

You'd be wrong about that last comment.

I know that Pyne is short for a QB, similar to Book. I know hes not physically strong, I can see how he looks. Has a similar arm to Book, from his HS tape. But is less athletic than Book, HS tape.

Pyne is very similar to Book. Just 4 years younger. Theres no way he understands the playbook as well as Book right now

Its Rees first year as coordinator and from what I've seen his playbook is different from Long. Physically, I agree he has a ways to go there

Maybe he KNEW was better than Book and still didn’t get the nod for some reason, and he left. Who wouldn’t?

You can certainly THINK that or BELIEVE that, but "better" is just somebody's opinion.

Yeah- the Michigan game was only on Book.

Wow, people here have short memories.
it wasn't only on book, but he had played poor most of the year leading into that game with a good oline, stud WR, and top TE.

He played better last 5 games when he knew he could just throw it up to mapletron and not worry.

Never said it was only on Book, there was plenty of blame to go around. However, his body of work in big games speaks for itself. In the Michigan game specifically and in games that have the same or better level of talent, he gets scared. Twist it however you want, ND is wasting its time with Book at this point.
Who else should’ve been benched after the Michigan game?

Who else should’ve been benched after the Michigan game?
BK. His team. His responsibility. Two weeks to prepare. He should have self quarantined for a while just to dwell on what happened in Ann Arbor. The buck stops with him. Winning is hard. Losing like this is even harder. You'd figure that lesson was learned at Miami.

Reactions: NDinNJ
BK. His team. His responsibility. Two weeks to prepare. He should have self quarantined for a while just to dwell on what happened in Ann Arbor. The buck stops with him. Winning is hard. Losing like this is even harder. You'd figure that lesson was learned at Miami.

Yes, BK himself said he learned from the Miami debacle, and it wouldn’t happen again. Fast forward to Michigan and we see a repeat of Miami.
This was where my support for BK ended and I realized he has taken the program as far as he can.

“Yes, BK himself said he learned from the Miami debacle, and it wouldn’t happen again. Fast forward to Michigan and we see a repeat of Miami.
This was where my support for BK ended and I realized he has taken the program as far as he can.”

I’m no BK lover but your realization that “he has taken the program as far as he can” crystallized after a game in a monsoon? I totally get that a team needs to be ready for whatever but that weather was not going to allow us to throw the ball, yet all the book/BK haters will point to that game as the end all. I’ll be honest, the Miami game pisses me off more because there was no other excuses other than that stadium being as rabid as it was when they played in the orange bowl, maybe even more so. I was there and it was a zoo. Still, no excuses not to execute because of a hostile environment. The Michigan game was a totally different animal.

Reactions: IrishMike409
The weather was bad on both sidelines at Michigan. No excuses. If there was a problem with execution. That's on BK. If there was a problem with mental attitude. That's on BK. If there was a problem with not prepping every little detail aka noise, weather.....that's on BK. If he gets credit for the win streak, he gets credit for Michigan/Miami. My finger pointing is not aimed at Ian. I have never heard this "winning is hard" line from Dabs or Saban. That may be unique to BK as some kind of defense mechanism or something. Who knows. All I know is this lack of offensive production over the last six quarters better get fixed by Clemson week. I'll let others decide how to fix it.

The weather was bad on both sidelines at Michigan. No excuses. If there was a problem with execution. That's on BK. If there was a problem with mental attitude. That's on BK. If there was a problem with not prepping every little detail aka noise, weather.....that's on BK. If he gets credit for the win streak, he gets credit for Michigan/Miami. My finger pointing is not aimed at Ian. I have never heard this "winning is hard" line from Dabs or Saban. That may be unique to BK as some kind of defense mechanism or something. Who knows. All I know is this lack of offensive production over the last six quarters better get fixed by Clemson week. I'll let others decide how to fix it.
Why does anyone doubt that winning is difficult? D1 Football is loaded with great coaches and schools that throw tons of money into their programs, expecting to win. You have to be focused everyday, and committed to an excellent plan. Winning and sustaining success is damn hard, and anyone who says differently has never competed.

Why does anyone doubt that winning is difficult? D1 Football is loaded with great coaches and schools that throw tons of money into their programs, expecting to win. You have to be focused everyday, and committed to an excellent plan. Winning and sustaining success is damn hard, and anyone who says differently has never competed.
Everyday life is a competition. One's job is a competition. Just walking out of the house is a competition. Competition doesn't begin and end with athletics. Winning may be difficult at the D1 level but not sure you are going to hear the elite coaches make an issue out of it. They just do it. To say it then use it as a talking point is a crutch. Fans need not be lectured by athletes, coaches, or other fans.

Well said IrishMike. Too many "know it alls" here who have never put on a jock!

Everyday life is a competition. One's job is a competition. Just walking out of the house is a competition. Competition doesn't begin and end with athletics. Winning may be difficult at the D1 level but not sure you are going to hear the elite coaches make an issue out of it. They just do it. To say it then use it as a talking point is a crutch. Fans need not be lectured by athletes, coaches, or other fans.
Absolutely agree w you: Athletes and coaches shouldn’t be lecturing fans. You’ve said it several times this year, and I’ve supported it at every turn.

In the case of BK, I don’t sense he was using it as a crutch, nor do I think he was lecturing. Seemed to me like he was giving credit to the players. Winning at D1 is extremely difficult, credit to the student athletes for being undefeated thus far.

Well said IrishMike. Too many "know it alls" here who have never put on a jock!
You don't know anybody's personal life that post here. You don't know who played HS or college ball. You don't know if anyone excelled in HS. You don't know if anyone played D3. What do Paul Johnson, Mike Leach, Hugh Freeze, Charlie Weis, and David Cutcliffe all have in common? You wanna talk to them about never putting on a jock? LOL . Lots of incredibly successful athletes who went on to be really bad coaches.

“Yes, BK himself said he learned from the Miami debacle, and it wouldn’t happen again. Fast forward to Michigan and we see a repeat of Miami.
This was where my support for BK ended and I realized he has taken the program as far as he can.”

I’m no BK lover but your realization that “he has taken the program as far as he can” crystallized after a game in a monsoon? I totally get that a team needs to be ready for whatever but that weather was not going to allow us to throw the ball, yet all the book/BK haters will point to that game as the end all. I’ll be honest, the Miami game pisses me off more because there was no other excuses other than that stadium being as rabid as it was when they played in the orange bowl, maybe even more so. I was there and it was a zoo. Still, no excuses not to execute because of a hostile environment. The Michigan game was a totally different animal.
Stop with the excuses for an above average coach that won’t win anything of significance. Michigan played in that same monsoon. This wasn’t the only thing. 11 years of data points. blow out losses, lack of wins vs anyone elite, zero major bowl wins. zero national championships, in fact hasn’t come close. Getting out coached time and time again by coaches with inferior talent. Case in point Louisville this last week.

Stop with the excuses for an above average coach that won’t win anything of significance. Michigan played in that same monsoon. This wasn’t the only thing. 11 years of data points. blow out losses, lack of wins vs anyone elite, zero major bowl wins. zero national championships, in fact hasn’t come close. Getting out coached time and time again by coaches with inferior talent. Case in point Louisville this last week.
ND should win 10 this year. BK will be the only ND Coach ever with 4 straight years of 10 win seasons. No matter how you spin it, it’s an incredible accomplishment.

Yes- we all know it makes you irate. Sorry about that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT