ADVERTISEMENT

All the haters got left is rooting for Jurkovec?

IrishFforida

Irish Expert
Jan 7, 2018
Imaging being so miserable with your life and such a Brian Kelly hater. That you have been reduced to rooting for a former ND back up QB and current BC starting QB to have success. Why? Because you are legit happy for the kid? Of course not! Because these dimwit haters are STILL pathetically trying to justify in their warped delusional pea brains. Brian Kelly is not a good football coach.

Boy, it seems like yesterday ND was getting smacked the last game of the 2016 season at USC. ND was finishing up a 4-8 season. And of course the hate brigade was out in full force!

And here we are now...36-6 over the last 42 games...13 game winning streak and a current 9 game winning streak ranked #4 in the nation. Havent lost a home game in over 3 years. The ND football program is deep with fast, long, powerful and big football players. The program is a legit Top 10-12 program. That can contend for the CFP. If these clowns were sane, and not total losers. They would realize how embarrassing they truly are.

I am pulling for Phil to succeed at BC. What's in it for anyone to want a young person to fail? ND's current success has nothing to do with Phil's career at BC. Wishing bad things for Phil won't add to the ND win list.
I agree with you, Toby. I don’t see a lot of folks here hoping Phil fails. What I don’t get are the “fans” over the top support for Phil. Seems like they want Phil to succeed just so that BK and Rees look bad.

To me, Phil is a BC quarterback. I don’t care what he does, except when he plays ND.

Reactions: iwish
As an old timer, I love it when a young person is successful. School, job, parenting, sports. It's in our country's best interest for our young people to work hard and be successful. At least that is how I look at things.
Reasonable take. Can’t argue it.

I don't care for Boston College so I hope they lose every game. I would hope that; no matter who quarterbacks their team. I hope the best for PJ but I still hope he loses every game. Go Irish and destroy BC.

Last edited:
Imaging being so miserable with your life and such a Brian Kelly hater. That you have been reduced to rooting for a former ND back up QB and current BC starting QB to have success. Why? Because you are legit happy for the kid? Of course not! Because these dimwit haters are STILL pathetically trying to justify in their warped delusional pea brains. Brian Kelly is not a good football coach.

Boy, it seems like yesterday ND was getting smacked the last game of the 2016 season at USC. ND was finishing up a 4-8 season. And of course the hate brigade was out in full force!

And here we are now...36-6 over the last 42 games...13 game winning streak and a current 9 game winning streak ranked #4 in the nation. Havent lost a home game in over 3 years. The ND football program is deep with fast, long, powerful and big football players. The program is a legit Top 10-12 program. That can contend for the CFP. If these clowns were sane, and not total losers. They would realize how embarrassing they truly are.
Wow, who sounds miserable and angry?!

Nobody on this board says BK is a bad a coach, most think he has reached his limit with no major bowl victories or playoff wins or even top 10 wins in 10 years and do not have a lot of confidence in Book other than what he has done in the past against top tier competition. Along comes Phil putting up Trevor Lawrence like numbers and think maybe Phil was a better or a newer option.
Unfortunately, we will never know what could have been, but I know one thing the conversation will continue all year and if Book does not play better than it will intensify.

Reactions: irish4life9999
Nobody on this board says BK is a bad a coach, most think he has reached his limit with no major bowl victories or playoff wins or even top 10 wins in 10 years and do not have a lot of confidence in Book other than what he has done in the past against top tier competition. Along comes Phil putting up Trevor Lawrence like numbers and think maybe Phil was a better or a newer option.
Unfortunately, we will never know what could have been, but I know one thing the conversation will continue all year and if Book does not play better than it will intensify.
There is a reason PJ ended up at bc.

Reactions: mid ohio irish
If he plays like he did against fl state no one should complain.

If Book does not Plays better than WHAT ?

This snowflake has the blithery aplomb of The Great One's, Ralph Kramden. Probably need to explain that analogy to him. In short, he's a windbag. He wants us to believe that there is only one way to think - his way. He understands that is difficult to win because he probably had a chance to coach at the college level, failed, and now coaches at a mid-level high school program.

He's happy to be 36-6 even if BK hasn't won a game of substance, and in his own words, is happy to proclaim ND as a "Legit top 10-12 program" and yet WE"RE the clowns and losers. Legit 10-12. Let's all dance the Hora. (smh)

Reactions: Jdogg2020
This snowflake has the blithery aplomb of The Great One's, Ralph Kramden. Probably need to explain that analogy to him. In short, he's a windbag. He wants us to believe that there is only one way to think - his way. He understands that is difficult to win because he probably had a chance to coach at the college level, failed, and now coaches at a mid-level high school program.

He's happy to be 36-6 even if BK hasn't won a game of substance, and in his own words, is happy to proclaim ND as a "Legit top 10-12 program" and yet WE"RE the clowns and losers. Legit 10-12. Let's all dance the Hora. (smh)

Are your expectations National Championship? Go to the playoff and Beat some combination of Bama, Clemson, tOSU?

Are your expectations National Championship? Go to the playoff and Beat some combination of Bama, Clemson, tOSU?

Always have expectations of an NC. But then reality hits. Like watching Clemson play football this year. A thread I just posted explained my thoughts on this same question. I think we can beat anyone besides Clemson. Before the season I was thinking we could beat them, once. But sooo many things would need to go perfectly, er, perfect storm if you will. It would be great, but not gonna put money on a NC quite yet. A first round win against Ala. or UGA? I think we finally can win a playoff game. Next year or 2 and Trevor Lawrence gone? NC City! :)

Same people who thought we had peaked at winning 8 games each season a few years ago?

Always have expectations of an NC. But then reality hits. Like watching Clemson play football this year. A thread I just posted explained my thoughts on this same question. I think we can beat anyone besides Clemson. Before the season I was thinking we could beat them, once. But sooo many things would need to go perfectly, er, perfect storm if you will. It would be great, but not gonna put money on a NC quite yet. A first round win against Ala. or UGA? I think we finally can win a playoff game. Next year or 2 and Trevor Lawrence gone? NC City! :)
We match up really nice with Clemson. This year is the best opportunity we have To clip them. I don’t think however, we win both games.

Book played very well against fsu. We'll beat unc with that game. He was calm, poised and ran well
Once again FSU is one of the worst teams in the ACC and that was a pediatrician effort from the
QB. UNC is ranked in the top 10 and you know what record BK and Book have against Top 10 and they are going to stack the box against ND than Mr. 21-3 has to win the game by throwing the ball. I do not like our chances.

Once again FSU is one of the worst teams in the ACC and that was a pediatrician effort from the
QB. UNC is ranked in the top 10 and you know what record BK and Book have against Top 10 and they are going to stack the box against ND than Mr. 21-3 has to win the game by throwing the ball. I do not like our chances.
I’m certain that ND beats UNC.

Their defense stinks

We match up really nice with Clemson. This year is the best opportunity we have To clip them. I don’t think however, we win both games.

Here's hoping that you are right. In fact, I think you agreed with me earlier when it was me saying that! lol. But now that I've seen CU play a couple games, it's like they toy with people or teams.

people say UGA has a better D. I don't think so. Clemson DLine is huge and fast and their Backers are big and faster. And a shutdown CB. This is just their defense.

That said, I don't think we're exactly going to be a walk in the park for them. Let's revisit this discussion in a few weeks. We will know more.

Mr. 21-3 is actually 23-3. His three loses came at the hands of 4-Ga 23-17; 18- Michigan 45-14 (nobody showed up that night); and 2-Clemson 30-3.

Remember this bright moment....

I think you are talking about the Sewing circle ! AKA " The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" ! Led by PURSE !!

Reactions: IrishMike409
Here's hoping that you are right. In fact, I think you agreed with me earlier when it was me saying that! lol. But now that I've seen CU play a couple games, it's like they toy with people or teams.

people say UGA has a better D. I don't think so. Clemson DLine is huge and fast and their Backers are big and faster. And a shutdown CB. This is just their defense.

That said, I don't think we're exactly going to be a walk in the park for them. Let's revisit this discussion in a few weeks. We will know more.
It’s up to Book to play his best game he has at ND. He does that we win.

You’re an idiot. I want ND to win. I also wish Jurkovec success at BC except vs ND. I just believe Kelly has taken the program as far as he can, and he clearly sucks at evaluating QB’s.

Phil is playing in a few minutes. I am giving 2 to 1 odds he puts up more than 12 points against a team better than Louisville

PJ in 4 games has thrown for more yardage than any other BC QB in their first 4 games. Not bad for a guy who couldn’t see the field at ND.

You’re an idiot. I want ND to win. I also wish Jurkovec success at BC except vs ND. I just believe Kelly has taken the program as far as he can, and he clearly sucks at evaluating QB’s.
Why wish Phil success more than any other ACC QB?

Reactions: spenna
No....Phil moped around like a mental midget. Wasn’t handed a starting job, so he quit. I’ve seen that play out a million times.
Maybe he knew he was better than Book and still didn’t get the nod for some reason, and he left. Who wouldn’t?

Reactions: spenna
ADVERTISEMENT