ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama and Notre Dame.

BodiTheGreat

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2018
Alabama loses one of the most explosive players the college football world has ever seen in Waddle and they don't miss a beat.

The Irish lose the AllAmerican safety Kyle Hamilton and don't miss a beat. And two starting Olineman.

*** The Irish should be viewed in the collective and not just certain players. This Irish team has studs up and down the lineup..

I believe the Irish will defeat Clemson again. The Irish have a chip on their shoulder for not getting the respect for beating them.
The excuses people use is that Clemson was missing all their best players. Well Alabama and Notre Dame have had many injuries but the difference is
that Notre Dame and Alabama don't have to make excuses because all they do is WIN !!

I am going to go Joe Namath 69 on you people. I garantee the Irish will beat Syracuse and Wake Forest ! We will shock the World !! Juts like when the Jets beat Baltimore in the superbowl !

Reactions: Zorich 88 and Ara64
When ND beats a full strength Clemson in the ACC title game.. then I'll believe the hype. As nice of a win as that was the first time... not having their heisman QB was a big advantage for ND and they still almost got beat. You can't tell me ND is complete enough of a team to overcome a loss of Book. Very few programs can overcome the loss of their star QB, even if you do have a stud waiting in the wings, as Clemson does. Look, I think this is the most complete ND team I've ever seen and certainly the most dominating defense they've had in forever. But until they prove they can beat Clemson at their best, then win in the playoffs... the stigma is still there.

Reactions: citybydalake
I realize as a fan I have no control over the outcome of any game. Believe me, I’ve seen enough games over the years where things happen. So as an “ anxious “ fan, I have been conditioned to worry. Lol . I’m being sarcastic of course. Still, there are no guarantees and the Irish need to continue to play at a high level.

Lets just win the next two first. I never like to look past any team.
As fans there is no reason not to look ahead. Now, normally you do not want coaches and players looking ahead but fans, I am already looking at the championship game vs Bama.

Reactions: tkirish and Golson5
When ND beats a full strength Clemson in the ACC title game.. then I'll believe the hype. As nice of a win as that was the first time... not having their heisman QB was a big advantage for ND and they still almost got beat. You can't tell me ND is complete enough of a team to overcome a loss of Book. Very few programs can overcome the loss of their star QB, even if you do have a stud waiting in the wings, as Clemson does. Look, I think this is the most complete ND team I've ever seen and certainly the most dominating defense they've had in forever. But until they prove they can beat Clemson at their best, then win in the playoffs... the stigma is still there.
Your point might have some validity if the replacement QB had a poor game in general; or made some huge mistake that cost them the game. That was not the case. Clemson lost nothing with their replacement QB. In fact, he had a tremendous game. Again, Clemson lost nothing with their starter out. Notre Dame wins that game, no matter who was at QB.

Reactions: Kelso86 and Golson5
When you control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the game, you should win the game. If ND scored TD's instead of field goals on those three trips into the read zone, then ND wins in a cake walk. The game stands on itself! ND will win the rematch.

Your point might have some validity if the replacement QB had a poor game in general; or made some huge mistake that cost them the game. That was not the case. Clemson lost nothing with their replacement QB. In fact, he had a tremendous game. Again, Clemson lost nothing with their starter out. Notre Dame wins that game, no matter who was at QB.
Not so sure about that

I can certainly agree with this. I just feel someone like Trevor Lawrence bring intangibles and more importantly, a boat load more experience to a game like that then does a backup. That backup ( I won't even try spelling his name here.. haha) is going to be very very good once he takes over.

This is probably the most excited about an ND team that I've been in a very long time. They're good across the board. The defense, which is my bag, is playing with a level of nastiness, speed and intensity that I've longed for at ND. But I will not be shocked if Clemson blows them out next time and or they get shellacked in the playoff game. I have PTSD from previous years.. sorry.

ADVERTISEMENT