ADVERTISEMENT

A lot of you absolutely suck

Dec 29, 2005
its sickening to listen to the bitching and moaning from so many of you clowns.

Many want Book replaced? WTH? The guy is 12-1 as a starter, they just won by 52! He had six total TD’s. I was at the game, he just missed on a few deep balls but he also dropped some dimes right over shoulders to receivers as well.

The line play has been underwhelming, their protection hasn’t been great, running lanes are not there. Yet, all I hear from the drones is how poor Book is.

Book is a Gamer, he’s not an elite guy like Tua, Lawrence, Fromm, but he’s smart, athletic, and plays very hard.

Then I constantly hear about Coach BK being overrated, he sucks, etc.. Do some of you peabrains remember the position our program was in prior to his arrival. ND rarely loses badly, before him it happened quite frequently. ND has gone to a NC game and a BCS playoff in the past 6 years, how many programs minus OSU, Clemson, and Bama can say that?

I’m sorry to rain on parades but ND will never be Clemson, Bama, etc.. We will have some great years, some good ones, and a down year here or there. We can not recruit the talent those programs do, and if you can’t understand why, then you’re an asshat. Location, Academics, Location, and Academics.

I hope ND has another 10+ win season but being pissed because Vegas has UGA favored by 14 is ridiculous. It’s at UGA, UGA is a top 3/4 team, most teams outside a handful would be double digit dogs. I guess we shouldn’t play because Book sucks, Kelly is a moron, and we have no F’n chance.

Listen, I get pissed about play/coaching calls sometimes too but I’m also a realist. ND is a very good program, we just aren’t a football factory.

Just enjoy 10 win seasons because it wasn’t long ago we suffered numerous losing, and 500 seasons consistently.

I’ll hold onto my hope that ND, even overmatched, on the road, in a hostile environment, can summon some magic, and the “Luck of the Irish” will make an appearance in a victory over the Dawgs.

Go Irish!

Many want Book replaced? WTH? The guy is 12-1 as a starter, they just won by 52! He had six total TD’s. I was at the game, he just missed on a few deep balls but he also dropped some dimes right over shoulders to receivers as well.

The line play has been underwhelming, their protection hasn’t been great, running lanes are not there. Yet, all I hear from the drones is how poor Book is.

Book is a Gamer, he’s not an elite guy like Tua, Lawrence, Fromm, but he’s smart, athletic, and plays very hard.

Then I constantly hear about Coach BK being overrated, he sucks, etc.. Do some of you peabrains remember the position our program was in prior to his arrival. ND rarely loses badly, before him it happened quite frequently. ND has gone to a NC game and a BCS playoff in the past 6 years, how many programs minus OSU, Clemson, and Bama can say that?

I’m sorry to rain on parades but ND will never be Clemson, Bama, etc.. We will have some great years, some good ones, and a down year here or there. We can not recruit the talent those programs do, and if you can’t understand why, then you’re an asshat. Location, Academics, Location, and Academics.

I hope ND has another 10+ win season but being pissed because Vegas has UGA favored by 14 is ridiculous. It’s at UGA, UGA is a top 3/4 team, most teams outside a handful would be double digit dogs. I guess we shouldn’t play because Book sucks, Kelly is a moron, and we have no F’n chance.

Listen, I get pissed about play/coaching calls sometimes too but I’m also a realist. ND is a very good program, we just aren’t a football factory.

Just enjoy 10 win seasons because it wasn’t long ago we suffered numerous losing, and 500 seasons consistently.

I’ll hold onto my hope that ND, even overmatched, on the road, in a hostile environment, can summon some magic, and the “Luck of the Irish” will make an appearance in a victory over the Dawgs.

Go Irish!
Careful, too much truth and logic here for a good majority of the troglodyte posters here. Haven't you been reading ALL of ND's woes are because of Kelly and Book, nothing else. We rid ourselves of them and we will be the next Clemson. Of course they are are flush in rhetoric, but come up extremely short on solutions if you ask them who should replace them.

Here's some ammo that supports your glorious post. Eric Hansen twitter....

Eric Hansen@EHansenNDI
#NotreDame QB Ian Book faces a tremendous challenge Saturday night at Georgia. He'll head there No. 5 nationally in passing efficiency (202.7), No. 2 in passing yards per completion (19.1) and No. 5 in points responsible for per game (24.0).

Coach wannabes eat facts, the young man's just getting started for goodness sakes. People who can't set behind a keyboards and cut down those who can. Go get 'em Ian my golden lad and good luck Saturday night. True ND fans are behind you.

Hope we play a solid game and do the best they can.Remember you go to ND for your future, one day you might even hire a former Bulldog for a job.

It almost happened in 1981. Dooley > Faust.

Eric Hansen@EHansenNDI
#NotreDame QB Ian Book faces a tremendous challenge Saturday night at Georgia. He'll head there No. 5 nationally in passing efficiency (202.7), No. 2 in passing yards per completion (19.1) and No. 5 in points responsible for per game (24.0).

Coach wannabes eat facts, the young man's just getting started for goodness sakes. People who can't set behind a keyboards and cut down those who can. Go get 'em Ian my golden lad and good luck Saturday night. True ND fans are behind you.
Oh no, he cannot start at ND, he doesn’t rank #1 in any of those stats. Or we are gonna hear, “ he should be ranked that high, look at who ND played”.

Book is an awesome college football QB. I would hate playing against Michigan or SC or any of our opponents if he was their QB.

Great post, on game day there is so much bitching and crying on this site, I often say to myself are these posters real fans or a bunch of wannabees. Blessed to have good coaches, and great bunch of kids playing for ND. Win or lose its only a game. Enough preaching, Go Irish

for sure

Saturday if ND is losing, ND fans will implode

if ND is winning, ND fans on the board will not do it with class,

So Sat. will be demonstration of the worst kind of fandom.

It almost happened in 1981. Dooley > Faust.

Except Devine was our coach and he was certainly as good as Dooley. Back-to-back fumbles deep in our territory gave Georgia (Herschel Walker) a short field and a two-TD lead that our limited offense couldn't match.

Just brace for impact and it will lessen the blow. I'm not oozing false confidence trying to talk myself into an Irish win. Be honest with yourself when making predictions on this game. Past recent history of big games. Recent history of big games on the road. Our play makers vs their play makers. Take each position of both teams and play your own honest version of the "Advantage" game. Consider home field advantage. Leave out emotion and this rah rah stuff. After all this, can you make a realistic evaluation? I'm on the fence. I'll leave the predictions to others.

Personally, I'll make any prediction I want to and if you don't like it then ignore me or block me. I could care less. You can't "will" anything on a message board but you can believe something. I'm not here to blow smoke up any wannabes behind so stop wasting my time with your whining. ND played well against FSU, then played Clemson to the wire at their place, and then almost beat Georgia here during the regular season. So why not this year? Georgia hasn't broke a real sweat this year against two cream puffs, so ND is their first real test this year. What prevents them from playing their hearts out Saturday night? They are motivated after the lose to Clemson. Just because some wannabes say they can't do it doesn't mean squat to them or me. The two blow out loses came after 30 day layoffs against excellent teams. I have mentioned twice on this board that BK needs to learn how to keep his team's edge over that extend wait period. He's a smart coach and should figure it out. Oh, yes they did lay an egg against Miami but they also shined in Norman Oklahoma. I haven't got the ability to see the future so I say again--why can't they take their talented team into Athens Georgia and WIN! I'll sleep fine either way-win or lose.

Last edited:
Reactions: GDRAGONS
Except Devine was our coach and he was certainly as good as Dooley. Back-to-back fumbles deep in our territory gave Georgia (Herschel Walker) a short field and a two-TD lead that our limited offense couldn't match.
Dan Devine lost the Sugar Bowl game on New Year's Day in 1981 and rode off into the sunset. Jerry Faust first year was 1981 and his team finished the season 5-6. Their first losing season in 18 years and only the 6th in it's 94 year history. Only 4 losing seasons after year 2; so only 4 losing seasons in 92 years. From 1985 to this year ND has added 7 (last 34 years) more losing seasons brining the grand total to 13 in 132 seasons.

Last edited:

Eric Hansen@EHansenNDI

The rating efficiency is not really accurate. 110 yards in passing and 2 touchdowns came from front laterals (runs) vs NM. He cannot throw the deep ball and does not go through his progressions, running the ball instead of spotting the open receivers. Even his short dink and dunk passes are not as accurate as they were last year. He is a decent QB but please, let's not go overboard on Book.

Opinions are like noises, everybody has one. Just pointing out the facts. Spin them to support whatever opinion you've got. It makes no difference to me.

Everybody spins their opinion. Don't take it so personal. Irish Nation are not a bunch of sheep gathered together following each other around. Varied opinions. Varied uneducated and semi educated analysis. Rah rah emotional predictions won't win the day. It's their guy against our guy. Position by position. Some opinions will be right. Some will be wrong. Some have sound reasons. Others are just talking points they heard. Either way, just chill. It's a message board open to all opinions. Like it or not.

Poor attempt at humor. UGA is one of the Top Public Universities in the US

yea. SOME ND fans think you can only get a good education at ND. Truth is you can-only get a good education if you seek one. Osmosis doesn’t work in obtaining an education. You need to be involved and committed, the where is not the only nor prime factor.

Last edited:
yea. ND fans think you can only get a good education at ND. Truth is you can-only get a good education if you seek one. Osmosis doesn’t work in obtaining an education. You need to be involved and committed, the where is not the only nor prime factor.
Some ND fans. Way to lump everyone in one general basket. USC fans love OJ and welcome him back to the sidelines anytime. And your response is........?

Some ND fans. Way to lump everyone in one general basket. USC fans love OJ and welcome him back to the sidelines anytime. And your response is........?

sorry, you are correct, s/b ‘some’!

I won't be melting down if we get pounded on Saturday, because I'm not expecting us to be in the game in the late stages. I would be ecstatic if it comes down to the final possession and over the moon if we were to somehow win, but I don't think it's realistic to expect that. We are going to a very difficult place to play, against a team that is objectively more talented than us, and has strengths that line up directly with our weaknesses.

I won't be melting down if we get pounded on Saturday, because I'm not expecting us to be in the game in the late stages. I would be ecstatic if it comes down to the final possession and over the moon if we were to somehow win, but I don't think it's realistic to expect that. We are going to a very difficult place to play, against a team that is objectively more talented than us, and has strengths that line up directly with our weaknesses.

deeper, yes; but ND has the right talent in the right positions to make this a real war! a classic in the making!

A whole lot rests upon Book's shoulders this week - it's still five star guys against 3 + 4 star guys. Say what you will, but there is a reality thing involved here. We'll see who's up to the challenge.

A whole lot rests upon Book's shoulders this week - it's still five star guys against 3 + 4 star guys. Say what you will, but there is a reality thing involved here. We'll see who's up to the challenge.
Ya, sadly it's not apples to apples. But we have enough talent ans we play out A game we can win. But we have to be able to run the ball consistently.

Kirby Smart isnt the best coach in the world either. Its not always about talent. BYU just knocked off USC. Iowa State upsets the big boys and look at UCF. Its not always about talent. But the coaches cant sabotage the team and expect to compete. Translation= Use your tight ends rotate your players and have a safety valve pass like Weis had in the famous Bush Push game. You have to adjust and run a balanced attack. Neither Smart or Kelly are in the top 10 game day coaches but they both recruit very well.

This rivals video spam sucks. I annpot even see half of the page.

This rivals video spam sucks. I annpot even see half of the page.

I will probably leave the board since I can't half see the print now. I will miss it here but my eyes can't take the smaller print. I hope they fix it soon or I'm done.

I will probably leave the board since I can't half see the print now. I will miss it here but my eyes can't take the smaller print. I hope they fix it soon or I'm done.
Just use the zoom feature on your computer or change the display setting to increase the size of the font

Go Irish!
Against elite teams we have not played well. Book doesn't see the middle a d doesn't run the RPO that well. Of course that can all change

ADVERTISEMENT