ADVERTISEMENT

8-4 is what most honest people projected in 2022

SouthFloridaIrish88

Shakes Down The Thunder
Aug 16, 2022
My preseason projection was ND would take a step back from 11-1 to 8-4 this season, by virtue of the following facts

1. Head Coaching Inexperience
2. More challenging schedule
3. Not bringing in a 5th year QB like Jack Coan to upgrade the 2022 QB room

My thoughts were that ND would go 2-3 versus
@Ohio State, BYU, @UNC, Clemson and @USC

And ND would figure out a way to lose a weird game to a team they had no business losing to.

Well, ND actually is 3-1 in the bigger games, with a chance to go 4-1 Saturday

ND ended up losing not 1 but 2 weird games (Marshall & Stanford)

All in all, this has been a successful season for Marcus Freeman, he hired DC and ST coordinators that have been good to great, Hiestand has also greatly improved the offensive line,

Most importantly, I have been impressed by Marcus Freeman focus on the process and improvement, and the understanding that if you practice like crap, you're not seeing the field, no matter how much the fake media, and message board morons want you to be out there.

ND loses Saturday and the Bowl Game; I would give Marcus a C+/B-
ND losers Saturday and wins the Bowl Game, I would give Marcus a B-/B
ND wins Saturday and the Bowl Game, then Marcus is in B+ / A- territory

My preseason projection was ND would take a step back from 11-1 to 8-4 this season, by virtue of the following facts

And ND would figure out a way to lose a weird game to a team they had no business losing to.

All in all, this has been a successful season for Marcus Freeman, he hired DC and ST coordinators that have been good to great, Hiestand has also greatly improved the offensive line,

Most importantly, I have been impressed by Marcus Freeman focus on the process and improvement, and the understanding that if you practice like crap, you're not seeing the field, no matter how much the fake media, and message board morons want you to be out there.

My pre-season thought was 9-3 -- loss to OSU, 1 of (Clemson, USC, NC, BYU), and something not expected.

I was 10-2, and the expectation should always be a minimum of 10-2. And when you get beat by Marshall and Stanford at home, don’t point at me.

I thought anywhere between 9 and 12 wins reg season but that was me expecting our QB to be Buchner and him to play well.

If I knew he wasnt going to play well and then we'd have Drew Pyne, id have said 7 to 9 wins

Only people predicting 8-4 were predicting freeman to be a bad coach this year.

I thought freeman would have some growing pains and we’d still be 10-2 because we’re that much more talented and older than most teams.

Reactions: Rionegro
Only people predicting 8-4 were predicting freeman to be a bad coach this year.

I thought freeman would have some growing pains and we’d still be 10-2 because we’re that much more talented and older than most teams.
Not with our QB situation and playing 3 top 10 teams

We were guaranteed to play 2… Clemson is worse than expected and usc is a little better

We had 2 of our 3 losses with Buchner
We were guaranteed to play 1. We ended up playing 3. And another top 20 team.

We'll end up with one of the toughest schedules in the country after we play SC

We were guaranteed to play 1. We ended up playing 3. And another top 20 team.

We'll end up with one of the toughest schedules in the country after we play SC
Clemson schedule was so easy most assumed rightfully so they would be undefeated playing us

Our SOS is like 30-50 spending on what site you look at, it will improve but not that much. We had a lot of cupcakes this year

No it wasn’t. Everyone on here had them at 9-3/10-2.

Clemson schedule was so easy most assumed rightfully so they would be undefeated playing us

Our SOS is like 30-50 spending on what site you look at, it will improve but not that much. We had a lot of cupcakes this year
Assumed, not guaranteed

Our sos is 31 right now, add in a top 6 team and if osu and clemson take care of business, probably be top 20 by next week

Assumed, not guaranteed

Our sos is 31 right now, add in a top 6 team and if osu and clemson take care of business, probably be top 20 by next week
About right…. We had a bunch of top 5 SOSs under Kelly

I like our schedule other than Jack allowing every team we play from week 3-9 (exaggerating) to always have a bye before us

About right…. We had a bunch of top 5 SOSs under Kelly

I like our schedule other than Jack allowing every team we play from week 3-9 (exaggerating) to always have a bye before us
We had 2 under BK and he finished 10 and 3 those years. Probably our 2 most talented teams, 15 and 17

If we get in a NY6 game, this most likely ends up a top 10 sos

Fifth ranked preseason team is not going to go 8-4. 10-2 was the most common prediction on this board.

I thought 9-3. Saw potential for 3 losses in OSU UNC BYU Syracuse Clemson SC

I thought 9-3, losses to osu, Marshall, and Stanford... seriously I always think 12-0 preseason.

ADVERTISEMENT