ADVERTISEMENT

4th round baby!!!

savvyandsassier

All Star
Dec 16, 2013
I knew he was going to get drafted. But honestly I was thinking more like 6th round. But in the 4th round it's almost hard to imagine him not making the roster. So HELL EFFING YEAH!!!

And so we're going to be talking about Ian Book, and to all you haters out there you can hate on him all you want, that's fine. But we're going to be discussing Ian Book, and singing his praises, and that's just how it's going to go. I don't know what New Orleans' QB situation looks like exactly, other than, of course.... So he maybe will be the next Drew Brees...

Reactions: shabak
Also, I'm a little bit miffed Ogundengi hasn't gone yet, I had him as a sleeper 2nd round pick. I had Aaron Banks as someone who might maybe be one of those guys who might drop to the 4th or 5th round and he ended up going 2nd round and fulfilling the more high-end prognostications. But Ade who was a 2nd rounder in some mocks I believe is still unpicked.

Daelin I personally was thinking 4th or 5th round for some reason, which is not bad, so hopefully he gets picked real soon here as well.

Good for him. I am shocked. Him going this early is way more surprising than JOK falling. Ian should get a signing bonus around 500k. Congrats again.

Reactions: Golson5
I knew he was going to get drafted. But honestly I was thinking more like 6th round. But in the 4th round it's almost hard to imagine him not making the roster. So HELL EFFING YEAH!!!

And so we're going to be talking about Ian Book, and to all you haters out there you can hate on him all you want, that's fine. But we're going to be discussing Ian Book, and singing his praises, and that's just how it's going to go. I don't know what New Orleans' QB situation looks like exactly, other than, of course.... So he maybe will be the next Drew Brees...

The Saints made some weak choices in Rounds 1 and 2 so hope they stay pretty good. Brees made nice comments about Book; mayne his influence helped.

The Saints made some weak choices in Rounds 1 and 2 so hope they stay pretty good. Brees made nice comments about Book; mayne his influence helped.
I kind of agree. I don't know who Payton Turner is, but he's probably a reach. And they could have had Ade Ogundengi instead. Peter Werner of course is a traitor. And Paulson Adebo could be a steal in the 3rd round, but he too is a former ND commit, what are the odds of that?

Well if there's anyone able to handle a potentially awkward situation like with aplomb it's Ian Book.

The Saints presumed starting QB is Jameis Winston. Weird. We get Brees and the Saints get Book.
I can totally foresee an unfolding with Ian Book taking over in around three years after Winston has finally worn out his welcome and underachieved long enough and Book finally gets his chance to start and at that point he's totally ready.

And then he really does become the next Drew Brees at that point more or less literally.....

Book will never be Drew Brees. We will see what he does at the next level. His entire front line was drafted or will be drafted. Not even Bama can say that

Book will never be Drew Brees. We will see what he does at the next level. His entire front line was drafted or will be drafted. Not even Bama can say that
Okay, that's true.... Brees is a first-ballot HOFer. No one's going to be another outright literal Drew Brees.

But I don't even need to recite as to why and how - on day 3 of the draft and Book has just been drafted by the Saints, in the 4th round which speaks to the value they placed on acquiring Book's draft rights - you might describe Book as another Drew Brees. Because the Saints seem to think he could be. IMO, that's exactly what the Saints were thinking. And the fact that the Saints in needing to finally replace Drew Brees would look to someone with such striking similarities in Ian Book.... Is not a coincidence.

Perfect spot with Sean Payton. So Brian Kelly and Sean Payton know more football than the Sewing Circle & The Kelly Cranks? Who would have thunk it???? Lol!!!

Reactions: BodiTheGreat
Will all of those who stated that Book would NOT be drafted by the NFL stand up and state that you were dead wrong !

I hope that every drafted Notre Dame player makes the starting rosters !

Reactions: Rockne's Rambler
So Daelin just got drafted. But still no Ade and he was my guy!

Does he have injury issues? Maybe he does and I totally forgot about that. He tested pretty well, and certainly looks the part of a mammoth, imposing, super-physical all-around DE.

Anyway hopefully he goes next and then we're just about done. You still got Javon who definitely could get picked, but probably not. And then Skowrenek, same thing. And then also Tommy Kraemer who certainly had a nice, long career as a starting OL at ND. As well as old boy at TE, but he's not going to get picked, I don't care how well he tests.

Almost forgot Nick McCloud who probably will not be drafted but he did run a blazing forty.

Okay, Ade just got drafted and now we're done. Everything else is gravy. Late fifth round and he was robbed, but whatever, he'll make it in the long haul.

So, awesome draft for ND, eight guys drafted all fifth round or better. Hopefully all 8 make rosters next year and I'm fully expecting that.

Will all of those who stated that Book would NOT be drafted by the NFL stand up and state that you were dead wrong !

I said it. Not ashamed of it either. It's my assessment. Glad he'll get some solid signing bonus cash. It will be between him and Trevor Semian for the 3rd QB spot there. Best of luck to him.

So Daelin just got drafted. But still no Ade and he was my guy!

Does he have injury issues? Maybe he does and I totally forgot about that. He tested pretty well, and certainly looks the part of a mammoth, imposing, super-physical all-around DE.

Anyway hopefully he goes next and then we're just about done. You still got Javon who definitely could get picked, but probably not. And then Skowrenek, same thing. And then also Tommy Kraemer who certainly had a nice, long career as a starting OL at ND. As well as old boy at TE, but he's not going to get picked, I don't care how well he tests.

Almost forgot Nick McCloud who probably will not be drafted but he did run a blazing forty.
McCloud to Buffalo. McKinley, Kraemer and Wright to Detroit. Crawford to Raiders.

I said it, so did the majority of thr ND nation. As did most of the pro draft analyst. Good for Ian and I hope he makes noise in the NFL.

I said it, so did the majority of thr ND nation. As did most of the pro draft analyst. Good for Ian and I hope he makes noise in the NFL.
Exactly. He was ranked 221. Skowronek was ranked 210. JOK dropping as far as he did is less surprising than Book being selected where he did in my opinion. I highly doubt New Orleans sees him as their QB of the future. If he's fortunate enough to become a Chase Daniel or a Case Keenum that would be great for Ian. Hang around, make great money,and leave healthy. I see him in that role way more than I see him as a productive starter.

Reactions: irish4life9999
Exactly. He was ranked 221. Skowronek was ranked 210. JOK dropping as far as he did is less surprising than Book being selected where he did in my opinion. I highly doubt New Orleans sees him as their QB of the future. If he's fortunate enough to become a Chase Daniel or a Case Keenum that would be great for Ian. Hang around, make great money,and leave healthy. I see him in that role way more than I see him as a productive starter.
I'm happy for him that he's gonna get a nice signing bonus. Agreed I think he'll find his niche and hope he's there for many years.

Looks like Skowronek was dead wrong.

Are you stating that New Orleans wasted a draft choice ?

Ian Book is a winner and excellent quarterback. He will exceed your low expectations as he has done time after time.

Reactions: francade
I’m not sure what book will do in the pros, but he’s made all his detractors on this board and thread eat their words so far. That’s why there’s so much varying vitriol towards him. Sad bunch.

“But there's not. It's the people who are obsessed with him who keep this going”

Well, let’s wait and see if you “keep it going” or not the next time it’s brought up. I have a feeling based on every other single time it’s been brought up, that you keep it going.

“But there's not. It's the people who are obsessed with him who keep this going”

Well, let’s wait and see if you “keep it going” or not the next time it’s brought up. I have a feeling based on every other single time it’s been brought up, that you keep it going.
I dont bring it up. That's the point. Let it go. Stop bringing it up

Lol

So you’re claiming that you’re better qualified to assess talent than the New Orleans Saints organization.

What are your football qualifications and credentials?

So you’re claiming that you’re better qualified to assess talent than the New Orleans Saints organization.

What are your football qualifications and credentials?
So you're claiming every organization makes the correct pick every time?

That's pretty impressive if true. How are there busts then? If no teams make mistakes how did the Jaguars win one game last year? Why do the Jets and Raiders reach on players and make bad decisions every single year.

I didn't know every team makes the correct pick every time

“I dont bring it up. That's the point. Let it go. Stop bringing it up”

I don’t ever bring it up. I only respond to the BS on the subject, a lot of it is yours.

So you're claiming every organization makes the correct pick every time?

That's pretty impressive if true. How are there busts then? If no teams make mistakes how did the Jaguars win one game last year? Why do the Jets and Raiders reach on players and make bad decisions every single year.

I didn't know every team makes the correct pick every time
I’m saying that they’re exponentially more qualified than you when it comes to evaluating talent for the NFL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT