Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jurkovec

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Pratt

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Reed

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
Leary first if we are satisfied with his recovery. Card second to Leary. Will be very excited if we get one of these to compete with our qb room.

Reactions: Jaybird173
Imagine Leary slinging it to Merriweather, Greathouse, Colzie, etc. He really has a great arm. Pair that with our 3 headed running back monster and returning OL. We could go from very bland to one of the best offenses in the country in a hurry.

More I think about it, the more I want Leary. We have Buchner, Angeli, and Minchey. I feel we can take a risk on his injury with this 1 year proven guy. If Card comes in, Buchner likely leaves if he gets beat out. That might be fine with some, but we need to stop the transfer QB circus and develop our own guys. If Leary can offer some leadership, start 1 year, and TB can push Leary for PT, then Buchner will stick around and play in 2024. Then it's about the CJ vs Minchey battle in 2025.

The coaches will make the right choice! With that said... I think DJ regressed because of the system... I think he would do well here!

Leary first if we are satisfied with his recovery. Card second to Leary. Will be very excited if we get one of these to compete with our qb room.
ND will get one or the other. Rumor has it NCState or ND are in the mix for card. So if he goes NCState then I'd guess Leary ends up at ND.

More I think about it, the more I want Leary. We have Buchner, Angeli, and Minchey. I feel we can take a risk on his injury with this 1 year proven guy. If Card comes in, Buchner likely leaves if he gets beat out. That might be fine with some, but we need to stop the transfer QB circus and develop our own guys. If Leary can offer some leadership, start 1 year, and TB can push Leary for PT, then Buchner will stick around and play in 2024. Then it's about the CJ vs Minchey battle in 2025.
How is Leary on the move? Is he a decent runner?

Was looking at the write up on DJ U back when he was coming out of HS. Projected him as a 1st rounder. But.... compared him to Jamarcus Russell. Yikes!

DJ has all the measurable’s. He’s got a very strong arm, he’s a big quarterback, he runs, well, and from everything I’ve read, he’s a really good teammate.

It seems that he’s got the yips. His accuracy is so wildly inconsistent, from game to game. Hell, sometimes from quarter to quarter.

I cast a write in vote for Austin Reed.
I se this kid won a National Championship at Division II and threw 36 TDs and second in the country this year in passing yards with over 4,000 with 350+ completions at Western Kentucky. Pretty strong background for a leader of a program if you ask me.

bring them all in! up the odds!

select: all of the above

Savy,

Honest question. Are you intentionally rude or are you ignorant to your behavior?

I’m not being facetious either, there isn’t a single thread I peruse that you aren’t responding in a smarmy manner to someone.
200w.gif

Reactions: Notre Dame du Lac
This is where I'm at but the more I watch of Pratt the more I think he should be the one.

I assume we just don't know and may not be willing to take risk with Leary's injury.

Loy posted today that Card is not going to be graduated in time for ND. I haven’t heard if he’s back tracked that statement or not.

I live in North Carolina and I can tell you that Leary has had injuries every year he's been at NC State.

Too fragile IPO.

Reactions: BGI User 756
I tried to edit the poll to add Maye not that he's officially going to be in the portal, but it won't allow me. I assume he'd be getting some votes though.

recruiting is now extended thru the Senior season in college! poaching is apparently now within the rules.

I still think if Leary is the best guy, you have to give him the shot. ND hasn't taken risks in a while, it's why they are where they are. Go big or go home.

ADVERTISEMENT