Micah Tease - 50%
Dante Moore 65%
Rodney Gallagher 50%
Monroe Freeling. 50%
C Downs 25%
c Tate 30%
j Greathouse. 50%
D Houston DL. 70%. But not sure if a take

A commit from Gallagher n Greathouse would exempt Elzy. I don’t see Tate unless Dante commits and then there would have to be an NIL package incentive for both. Dante will either make Rees’ reputation or slow his trajectory in the market as an top Offensive mind. Dante is the most important recruit we have had in a very long time - not just because of his potential and rating, but because we have been missing this type of kid and can’t afford a black eye
Tease is a crap shoot between us, Okla n Arkansas Depends on the love for him to be on the O side rather than D
Freeling is torn between home and Harry H
Simpson Hunt at cb is a real need and could flip from Texas Tech

getting the first group I feel gets us a top 7 class. Getting Dante gets us into top 3- 5. Getting some from the percentage group determines if we stay top 1-2

thoughts? Have I missed anyone?

Last edited:
How do you see the class finishing?

I see-
C Gray. CB
Micah Bell. Ath / Cb / kick returner
Rico Flores WR
Ronan Hanafin WR
M Elzy WR. -
S Absher OL
C Jagusuh OL
Jason Moore DT
Sam MPemba Ath
J Limar RB

Calvin Simpson Hunt CB flip 60%
Micah Tease - 50%
Dante Moore 65%
Rodney Gallagher 50%
Monroe Freeling. 50%
C Downs 25%
c Tate 30%
j Greathouse. 50%

A commit from Gallagher n Greathouse would exempt Elzy. I don’t see Tate unless Dante commits and then there would have to be an NIL package incentive for both. Dante will either make Rees’ reputation or slow his trajectory in the market as an top Offensive mind. Dante is the most important recruit we have had in a very long time - not just because of his potential and rating, but because we have been missing this type of kid and can’t afford a black eye
Tease is a crap shoot between us, Okla n Arkansas Depends on the love for him to be on the O side rather than D
Freeling is torn between home and Harry H
Simpson Hunt at cb is a real need and could flip from Texas Tech

getting the first group I feel gets us a top 7 class. Getting Dante gets us into top 3- 5. Getting some from the percentage group determines if we stay top 1-2

thoughts? Have I missed anyone?
Interesting list. Tate begged his mother to take another ND visit after MF took over. It took a lot of convincing but mom was wowed on the return visit. Tate was stoked that mom gave her approval. Still, he wants to play with a great QB and win and all I’ve read about DM suggests he’s interested but unswayed by ND. His interviews have been anything but overwhelming in his desire to be Irish. Wish we hadn’t passed on Vizzina. We all know how the putting all your eggs in one basket worked last year with Running Backs

i've seen some podcasts recently where some writers are basically saying that the ship has sailed with Tate but who knows. Micah Bell from the Houston area and someone just recently offered is the one player on the list above that i'm interested in because he can flat out fly as he has amazing track speed and because of that can come in on day one and be put on kickoff or punt return duties if he can catch kickoffs and punts well. i've heard that the sooners could be out of it with Tease because they only want him to play safety i believe and he wants to have a chance in college to possibly play WR or at least play that position a little

I think we land everyone on that list besides Carnell Tate and Downs (IDK). I would put Greathouse at about 90%. Tate is out I think. If Moore isn’t Irish, Rees should hit the portal, unless of course Julian Sayin commits to ND in September (which is when he’s picking). If Julian Sayin picks ND in September, I’ll be just as thrilled and change my photo. I also wonder if Sayin or Carr could enter the 2023 class. That would be huge.

Last edited:
Moore
Jagusuh
Freeling or Ashber
Greathouse
Flores

Houstan
M'Pemba
Gray
Bell

That's my guess/hope, while also trying to be realistic.

I think the Dante Moore ship has sailed. Would take a Herculean effort by Rees and MF to get him.

I gave this post a like but really it's disappointing. I have no confidence in Rees. If we don't get Moore, I put it square on Rees' shoulders. It means he couldn't relate to Moore. And Vizzina? I guess Rees took a pass (so to speak)

So, it's not surprising to me as Rees was a mediocre-at-best college QB. How many games on the line did he win? And how many games when on the line did he lose? In my memory, I recall him throwing 1,2, possibly 3 INTs when it mattered. Whatever it took to secure a loss. So my point is, since he wasn't a high caliber player himself, he doesn't have the capacity to know how to relate to a high caliber player. Rees BENCHED Buchner for the Bowl game? That's a serious WTF.

This year we have a tremendous team barring injuries. Maybe a Top 3 DLine, Top 3 Oline, Excellent LBers, Excellent group of RBs, a Top, either 1-2 (Bowers at UGA) TE, CBs will be much better/deeper, WRs will be solid if healthy because not much depth, S should have very little drop off. So QB, we will be in for mistakes and Rees supposedly developing them is a real issue to me as I don't even know if we have a QB coach, so Rees it is...it's the only coaching position I'm concerned about.

I can only hope Freeman recognizes this OC deficiency after this year and finds someone much better.

Reactions: theskibro
I think the Dante Moore ship has sailed. Would take a Herculean effort by Rees and MF to get him.
i wouldn't count out Moore just yet as the word is he told the irish staff up front that he was going to take lots of visits according to free podcasts that i watch. i think the staff just wanted a sooner decision even though they knew he was still visiting other places. some say we may have a great shot with Carr in the 24 class if Moore goes to another school

I gave this post a like but really it's disappointing. I have no confidence in Rees. If we don't get Moore, I put it square on Rees' shoulders. It means he couldn't relate to Moore. And Vizzina? I guess Rees took a pass (so to speak)

So, it's not surprising to me as Rees was a mediocre-at-best college QB. How many games on the line did he win? And how many games when on the line did he lose? In my memory, I recall him throwing 1,2, possibly 3 INTs when it mattered. Whatever it took to secure a loss. So my point is, since he wasn't a high caliber player himself, he doesn't have the capacity to know how to relate to a high caliber player. Rees BENCHED Buchner for the Bowl game? That's a serious WTF.

This year we have a tremendous team barring injuries. Maybe a Top 3 DLine, Top 3 Oline, Excellent LBers, Excellent group of RBs, a Top, either 1-2 (Bowers at UGA) TE, CBs will be much better/deeper, WRs will be solid if healthy because not much depth, S should have very little drop off. So QB, we will be in for mistakes and Rees supposedly developing them is a real issue to me as I don't even know if we have a QB coach, so Rees it is...it's the only coaching position I'm concerned about.

I can only hope Freeman recognizes this OC deficiency after this year and finds someone much better.

He’d be a lot crazy not to pick ND. Huuuge opportunity as there’s like no competition after Buchner. Huuuge recruiting class. Tons of momentum. Likely the top OL class. Not to mention the defense will make it easy on whom ever the QB is. We’re likely to land 4 elite receivers. You’d have to be a nut job not to want the ND QB job. If Dante doesn’t want this insane deal, then Sayin is taking it in September, because only a fool can’t see the outrageous opportunity they’re getting with ND. I like Sayin at least as much and I’m a huge Dante fan. I’ll take the first to commit. Also, 0 reason to think we aren’t the leader with Dante. I still think Dante has enough forethought and sense that he will pick ND when it’s all said and done. He’s going through a lot of hoopla and hearing a lot of BS at the moment, but when the best program and perennial playoff level team is sitting in driving distance from home, you’re an academic kid, and can be part of the top overall class, it’s going to be extremely hard to turn ND down. If he does, I believe he will regret his decision greatly. If that’s the case, Sayin is our man.

Last edited:
He’d be a lot crazy not to pick ND. Huuuge opportunity as there’s like no competition after Buchner. Huuuge recruiting class. Tons of momentum. Likely the top OL class. Not to mention the defense will make it easy on whom ever the QB is. We’re likely to land 4 elite receivers. You’d have to be a nut job not to want the ND QB job. If Dante doesn’t want this insane deal, then Sayin is taking it in September, because only a fool can’t see the outrageous opportunity they’re getting with ND. I like Sayin at least as much and I’m a huge Dante fan. I’ll take the first to commit. Also, 0 reason to think we aren’t the leader with Dante. I still think Dante has enough forethought and sense that he will pick ND when it’s all said and done. He’s going through a lot of hoopla and hearing a lot of BS at the moment, but when the best program and perennial playoff level team is sitting in driving distance from home, you’re an academic kid, and can be part of the top overall class, it’s going to be extremely hard to turn ND down. If he does, I believe he will regret his decision greatly. If that’s the case, Sayin is our man.

I agree. Except my question remains with Rees. Return to Greatness should start this year. I've seen many ND teams in my lifetime. This year's team is (should be) the start of a really good run at NCs for the Irish. The only cog in the plan is inexperience at QB and OC, and that's a big cog. But I have no doubt we are good enough to beat osu.

If we play osu far into the season I believe it would be easier to win. But Swarbrick only helps osu with scheduling an early season game. If we had this game as one of last 2 games, it would help our cred way more than a 1st game of season win. See Oregon.

Anything we schedule against elite teams, Jack, we need to schedule them at the end of the year! Dummy.

I think Rees being highly regarded is one of life’s mysteries at least up to now. If he lands Moore I will revisit this but I have no confidence in his all or nothing approach as in the RB who chose Clemson. And the biggest f up of his so far has been not going change of pace in bowl game with Buchner when the momentum shifted

Reactions: Weisnheimer
I think Rees being highly regarded is one of life’s mysteries at least up to now. If he lands Moore I will revisit this but I have no confidence in his all or nothing approach as in the RB who chose Clemson. And the biggest f up of his so far has been not going change of pace in bowl game with Buchner when the momentum shifted

Can’t disagree. If he misses on Moore I will have a hard time forgiving him. MF is building an empire. If TR misses on Moore he is officially the weak link and needs to be replaced for the empire to move forward. I expect MF to move on if Rees can’t recruit better. Period. Recruiting matters just as much as good coaching. You can’t be mediocre at one and good at the other. Not to be elite. All the other coaches are landing outrageous talent.

Reactions: chaseball
You all need to relax a little bit. Im simply saying that Dante Moore is likely not coming. That shouldn’t personally offend you all. My thinking comes from multiple articles discussing the recruitment of Dante Moore, as well his prediction percentage to ND has dropped (and continues to drop) over 20%. If I hurt your alls feelings that much, just block me. But FWIW, I sincerely hope I am wrong. Just playing out similar to the recruitment of Shipley.

You all need to relax a little bit. Im simply saying that Dante Moore is likely not coming. That shouldn’t personally offend you all. My thinking comes from multiple articles discussing the recruitment of Dante Moore, as well his prediction percentage to ND has dropped (and continues to drop) over 20%. If I hurt your alls feelings that much, just block me. But FWIW, I sincerely hope I am wrong. Just playing out similar to the recruitment of Shipley.
You all need to relax. No feelings hurt here. Just sharing what I heard that was counter to your earlier post. Take it FWIW.

You are always wrong. Jack Coan saved our a$$ last year.
Tom Rees is a GREAT OC ! The Irish offense averaged 45 points a game over the last three games last year when the oline finally meshed.
I expect with Harry back that the Irish will average over 40 points a game this year. Every one wants Tommy except for message board posters !! He will probably be a NFL OC in 2023 !
Lets enjoy him while we have him !
And we would have gotten that RB from Clemson if Marcus was head coach ! Brian Kelly could not recruit !
And believe me Jadarian Price is a better RB than the Clemson RB ! Jadarian will be a superstar this year !!
*** And we will land Moore !!

Perfectly put! lol One of life's mysteries for sure. ND is not the place for cutting your teeth as OC, especially if your mentor was BK. There's just so much wrong with what I've seen from him.

And if I'm being totally honest, I haven't been as happy with a DC at ND (Golden) as I am since we had Barry Alvarez. Golden is going to be the perfect mentor to Freeman in every way.

You are blind. Tommy Rees is an excellent OC who did wonders with the offense considering how bad the Oline was for most of the year. The Irish averaged 45 points a game the last three games.
Elko, Lea, and Freeman were excellent DC'S.
Hopefully Golden has improved since his college coaching years. He just needs to hold serve for the defense.
I hope he doesn't rub off his bad head coaching techniques on Marcus.
This is Marcus Freemans team. And Tommy's his second in command. Tommy has done nothing but win at Notre Dame. And he is the new hot young coordinater that I am glad is Irish.
Marcus will be giving Al advice on how the defense will be run.

*** That said-- I love Al Goldens enthusiasm and if Marcus likes him (even if he wasnt his first choice) he must have promise.

You are always wrong. Jack Coan saved our a$$ last year.
Tom Rees is a GREAT OC ! The Irish offense averaged 45 points a game over the last three games last year when the oline finally meshed.
I expect with Harry back that the Irish will average over 40 points a game this year. Every one wants Tommy except for message board posters !! He will probably be a NFL OC in 2023 !
Lets enjoy him while we have him !
And we would have gotten that RB from Clemson if Marcus was head coach ! Brian Kelly could not recruit !
And believe me Jadarian Price is a better RB than the Clemson RB ! Jadarian will be a superstar this year !!
*** And we will land Moore !!
Look you can bs your non stop enthusiasm for Rees n ND all you want but let me tell you about reality

1- most everyone on this board loves ND and wants them to win as much if not more than You
2- I have never said Rees is a bad coordinator. I said I don’t know what the hubbub is about. The guy is young and unproven. My biggest complaint with Rees is his huge blunder in Fiesta bowl. After a great start, Coan had several series of no positive gain. Clearly OSU adjusted. Rees did not. Buchner would have been the change of pace needed to stem OSU momentum. Even a few first downs would have won the game cause it was that close. But Freeman being the empowering coach he is let Rees dig his own hole. Rees did not pull Coan. Rees lost that game And sure we can debate our defense and Clarence Lewis but the things we could control - offense - we did not

3- Don’t ever tell me I am always wrong. No one is right all the time and no one is wrong all the time. You have been wrong too many times to count but we all love Bodi and your enthusiasm. So watch your words when you go after someone who always has your back
4- the Moore situation. This is complex because of NIL. Let’s see how it turns out. This is a make or break for Rees. That’s a tough situation but Rees makes more money in one year than I probably made in 6 combined so I don’t give a rats ass about him being able to eat or not

Last edited:
Look you can bs your non stop enthusiasm for Rees n ND all you want but let me tell you about reality

1- most everyone on this board loves ND and wants them to win as much if not more You
2- I have never said Rees is a bad coordinator. I said I don’t know what the hubbub is about. The guy is young and unproven. My biggest complaint with Rees is his huge blunder in Fiesta bowl. After a great start, Coan had several series of no positive gain. Clearly OSU adjusted. Rees did not. Buchner would have been the change of pace needed to stem OSU momentum. Even a few first downs would have won the game cause it was that close. But Freeman being the empowering coach he is let Rees did his own hole. Rees did not pull Coan. Rees lost that game sure we can debate our defense and Clarence Lewis but the things we could control - offense - we did not

3- Don’t ever tell me I am always wrong. No one is fight all the time and no one is wrong all the time. You have been wrong too many times to count but we all love Bodi and your enthusiasm. So watch your words when you go after someone who always has your back
4- the Moore situation. This is complex because of NIL. Let’s see how it turns out. This is a make or break for Rees. That’s a tough situation but Rees makes more money in one year than I probably made in 6 combined so I don’t give a rats ass about him being able to eat or not

You know at first it was funny when Bodi storms the board to let us know ND will never lose a game in his lifetime. Or maybe, only great players in CFB play at ND. Hard not to, at least smirk, as it reminds me of Bluto in "Animal House" when he gives the pep talk. But I think the board knows the bodi superlatives, and take it for what it is - entertainment. Although when he wants to get serious, he can make good points! For me, it makes it extra hilarious when we've seen him finally melt down after a loss that never shouldda been a loss. He loses it, totally. lol

Unfortunately, saying Rees is a great OC has no merit simply because he hasn't had enough time to pave a reliable road grading (see what I did there?) his OC chops.

Saying ND averaged 45 points a game in the last three is nice to be true, but then digging a bit you find that Stanford was 3-9 and Georgia Tech was 3-9 included as 2, of the 3 games. Maybe a better OC scores 60 both games?

Also and surprisingly, kinda negative comments about Golden? Bluto wouldn't do that! He will learn, and soon, because it will come from Freeman's mouth, just how much he appreciates Golden. The DC position will be a huge strength this year, imo, while the OC position will be a proving ground this year for Rees. And Irish eyes will be watching closely to see if he gets Moore because that's really the only missing piece for multiple NCs, again, imo.

Now that said, I think Rees is probably a quick learner, and hopefully did learn from the Fiesta Bowl. Time will tell and I hope it works but if it doesn't, cut bait and let him learn under Saban or some guy that could hide his mistakes. That's about as positive as I can be about him right now.

Reactions: theskibro
You know at first it was funny when Bodi storms the board to let us know ND will never lose a game in his lifetime. Or maybe, only great players in CFB play at ND. Hard not to, at least smirk, as it reminds me of Bluto in "Animal House" when he gives the pep talk. But I think the board knows the bodi superlatives, and take it for what it is - entertainment. Although when he wants to get serious, he can make good points! For me, it makes it extra hilarious when we've seen him finally melt down after a loss that never shouldda been a loss. He loses it, totally. lol

Unfortunately, saying Rees is a great OC has no merit simply because he hasn't had enough time to pave a reliable road grading (see what I did there?) his OC chops.

Saying ND averaged 45 points a game in the last three is nice to be true, but then digging a bit you find that Stanford was 3-9 and Georgia Tech was 3-9 included as 2, of the 3 games. Maybe a better OC scores 60 both games?

Also and surprisingly, kinda negative comments about Golden? Bluto wouldn't do that! He will learn, and soon, because it will come from Freeman's mouth, just how much he appreciates Golden. The DC position will be a huge strength this year, imo, while the OC position will be a proving ground this year for Rees. And Irish eyes will be watching closely to see if he gets Moore because that's really the only missing piece for multiple NCs, again, imo.

Now that said, I think Rees is probably a quick learner, and hopefully did learn from the Fiesta Bowl. Time will tell and I hope it works but if it doesn't, cut bait and let him learn under Saban or some guy that could hide his mistakes. That's about as positive as I can be about him right now.
OK, Flounder. You need to stick to Bingo or Bocce ball. Let Marcus Freeman run the football team. And Tom Rees run the offense.

Last edited:

1- most everyone on this board loves ND and wants them to win as much if not more than You
2- I have never said Rees is a bad coordinator. I said I don’t know what the hubbub is about. The guy is young and unproven. My biggest complaint with Rees is his huge blunder in Fiesta bowl. After a great start, Coan had several series of no positive gain. Clearly OSU adjusted. Rees did not. Buchner would have been the change of pace needed to stem OSU momentum. Even a few first downs would have won the game cause it was that close. But Freeman being the empowering coach he is let Rees dig his own hole. Rees did not pull Coan. Rees lost that game And sure we can debate our defense and Clarence Lewis but the things we could control - offense - we did not

3- Don’t ever tell me I am always wrong. No one is right all the time and no one is wrong all the time. You have been wrong too many times to count but we all love Bodi and your enthusiasm. So watch your words when you go after someone who always has your back
Sorry SkiBro, I will be more sensitive and tone down the hyperbole when I respond to your posts. It used to never bother you. But now I know.
I always have your back, also, even when I disagreed with your argument. And that will continue even if you get pissed at me. i
Right now I am high on Tommy Rees because he stuck it to Brian Kelly when he refused the big money to go to LSU with him. He stood his ground and stayed ND.
I was wrong about Brian Kelly. I thought he cared about ND but I should have listened to you. You were right--he could never win the big game, outside of Clemson, and ND would never get to the next level with him as coach.
But Marcus Freeman is Notre Dame footballs Savior. He is a football savant. He had most everything to do with the GREAT recruiting class of 2022 and all of his recruits for 2023/24 are either 4 star or 5 star.

*** He didnt have the time to really concentrate on the OK State game.
Denbrock blew it for his chance at DC.

*** We finally have a MOTIVATOR as head coach to get the players sky high for the big games !!!

***I believe we will beat Ohio State and stay at the #1 or #2 spot all year headed to the playoffs. I will not predict the playoffs as I dont want a JINX on that !!

Most people on this board love Notre Dame football more than me ? That is awesome !! Because I LOVE NOTRE DAME FOOTBALL !!!

Reactions: Telx1
Sorry SkiBro, I will be more sensitive and tone down the hyperbole when I respond to your posts. It used to never bother you. But now I know.
I always have your back, also, even when I disagreed with your argument. And that will continue even if you get pissed at me. i
Right now I am high on Tommy Rees because he stuck it to Brian Kelly when he refused the big money to go to LSU with him. He stood his ground and stayed ND.
I was wrong about Brian Kelly. I thought he cared about ND but I should have listened to you. You were right--he could never win the big game, outside of Clemson, and ND would never get to the next level with him as coach.
But Marcus Freeman is Notre Dame footballs Savior. He is a football savant. He had most everything to do with the GREAT recruiting class of 2022 and all of his recruits for 2023/24 are either 4 star or 5 star.

*** We finally have a MOTIVATOR as head coach to get the players sky high for the big games !!!

***I believe we will beat Ohio State and stay at the #1 or #2 spot all year headed to the playoffs. I will not predict the playoffs as I dont want a JINX on that !!

Most people on this board love Notre Dame football more than me ? That is awesome !! Because I LOVE NOTRE DAME FOOTBALL !!!
Lov ya Bod

Also, I am more anti- Kelly than ever. That pos can’t keep his mouth shut about ND and left like a gypsy. Hope he sucks empty crawfish skins in the bayou

Interesting stat is that Notre Dame, Alabama, and LSU are the only 3 programs in the top 40 recruiting rankings without a single 3 star recruit. I think that shows the kinds of kids Freeman wants at ND. I'm sure Rees will add his token 3 stars soon enough, but I love the kids we are going after these days. New era!

OK, Flounder. You need to stick to Bingo or Bocce ball. Let Marcus Freeman run the football team. And Tom Rees run the offense.

lol Good comeback, Flounder. hahaha

BTW, I hope your mother has been helping you in and out of the shower these days. Bingo is probably more your speed as it's about luck. Bocce Ball OTOH, I'm sure you couldn't hack since it requires some skill and strategy.

You should really stick with cheerleading as that is your niche.

lol Good comeback, Flounder. hahaha

BTW, I hope your mother has been helping you in and out of the shower these days. Bingo is probably more your speed as it's about luck. Bocce Ball OTOH, I'm sure you couldn't hack since it requires some skill and strategy.

You should really stick with cheerleading as that is your niche.
Fat, Drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

Interesting stat is that Notre Dame, Alabama, and LSU are the only 3 programs in the top 40 recruiting rankings without a single 3 star recruit. I think that shows the kinds of kids Freeman wants at ND. I'm sure Rees will add his token 3 stars soon enough, but I love the kids we are going after these days. New era!
So what you’re saying is that you love Rees.

Houston trending hard to ND. Is ND going to lose even 1 battle vs UofM? My word, their fans must be beside themselves. ND is literally taking every kid they want and their own 5 star QB is highly unlikely to select them. What a mess.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT