ADVERTISEMENT

2022 DE Tyson Ford from Missouri

This is huge development out of the blue. He announces this Monday. He’d be a great get at a position of need.

Reactions: TheSodFather
This is huge development out of the blue. He announces this Monday. He’d be a great get at a position of need.
yeah he was all set to annouce monday for OU and now this happens. been reading elsewhere that our new DC coach is working his butt off already on social media and the phone with recruits. if he can now get 5 star and buckeye verbal Hicks from OH to want to give our irish a sniff like he was going to do with cincy before Freeman left then that'll be huge

yeah he was all set to annouce monday for OU and now this happens. been reading elsewhere that our new DC coach is working his butt off already on social media and the phone with recruits. if he can now get 5 star and buckeye verbal Hicks from OH to want to give our irish a sniff like he was going to do with cincy before Freeman left then that'll be huge
As much as I appreciate the quality and potential of most of our recruits, the fact is we sign too many players with as yet unproven potential, and not enough so-called can’t miss disruptive recruits. There are no guarantees with the later as illustrated by Griffin’s career thus far, but the chances for an impactful career are significantly higher With highly ranked recruits. We need More guys like Ford, and I think we Are really positioned to have some outstanding recruiting classes on defense in particular, with Freeman and Mickens, and hopefully Elston Doing the hard lifting. Exciting times ahead.

Reactions: IrishMike409
As much as I appreciate the quality and potential of most of our recruits, the fact is we sign too many players with as yet unproven potential, and not enough so-called can’t miss disruptive recruits. There are no guarantees with the later as illustrated by Griffin’s career thus far, but the chances for an impactful career are significantly higher With highly ranked recruits. We need More guys like Ford, and I think we Are really positioned to have some outstanding recruiting classes on defense in particular, with Freeman and Mickens, and hopefully Elston Doing the hard lifting. Exciting times ahead.
yeah i just can't see Elston leaving our irish with what he'll have to work with for a sh#thole bad Mac conference level football program like Purdue has right now. i'll be super excited if Freeman can land 4 star LB Devon Jackson from Nebraska who we lead for because he has that great slideline to sideline speed like signee Kollie has and those two on the field at the same time would just be really bad for most offenses

ND picked up 3 crystal balls.

Make that four ! I now say he will end up Irish !

*** This is the tip of the iceberg !! Freeman and Elston are going to go NUCLEAR on defensive recruiting ! I expect many upcomin recuits to be up at the Stephon Tuiit, AaRon Lynch, Manti Teo Jaylon Smith type level !
Mr. Freeman like his coffee black ! with no sugar or cream ! Coffee is for closers !
Go Irish !! We are going to be ELITE !

yeah i just can't see Elston leaving our irish with what he'll have to work with for a sh#thole bad Mac conference level football program like Purdue has right now. i'll be super excited if Freeman can land 4 star LB Devon Jackson from Nebraska who we lead for because he has that great slideline to sideline speed like signee Kollie has and those two on the field at the same time would just be really bad for most offenses
Agree re Elston. By Every account, he’s a class act; represents ND exceptionally well; an Excellent DL position coach; well liked by players and recruits alike; highly respected among coaches; extremely loyal to Kelly; etc... and yet passed over for DC multiple times now. Personally, I think Kelly deserves credit for resisting the easy and popular decision and going outside to get who he thinks will make the biggest impact on the program. That’s a very tough decision when you have someone like Elston, an exceptionally competent friend, and you know the risk of losing him, etc...
I haven’t read many references to Devon Jackson, but Sebastian Cheeks name comes up a lot as an outstanding linebacker leaning towards ND with whom Freeman is in frequent contact. I am super excited about what Kollie brings to the table, and if Freeman adds the likes of Cheeks and Jackson to our LB haul, we might Add linebacker U to our national resume. A bit hyperbole on my part, as I thought Lamb and Bauer would have a similar impact.

Last edited:
Reactions: BodiTheGreat
I’m sure elston keeps getting pay raises.... anyone have a clue on his career aspirations?

Agree re Elston. By Every account, he’s a class act; represents ND exceptionally well; an Excellent DL position coach; well liked by players and recruits alike; highly respected among coaches; extremely loyal to Kelly; etc... and yet passed over for DC multiple times now. Personally, I think Kelly deserves credit for resisting the easy and popular decision and going outside to get who he thinks will make the biggest impact on the program. That’s a very tough decision when you have someone like Elston, an exceptionally competent friend, and you know the risk of losing him, etc...
I haven’t read many references to Devon Jackson, but Sebastian Cheeks name comes up a lot as an outstanding linebacker leaning towards ND with whom Freeman is in frequent contact. I am super excited about what Kollie brings to the table, and if Freeman adds the likes of Cheeks and Jackson to our LB haul, we might Add linebacker U to our national resume. A bit hyperbole on my part, as I thought Lamb and Bauer would have a similar impact.
i forgot about cheeks from IL. him, Kollie and Jackson on this team and you looking at a LB group for the ages with all that great speed and athlectic ability all three have. i've been following irish football since mid eighties and this would be on paper the most athletic and talented LB group to take the fields in irish unis in my opinion

I’m sure elston keeps getting pay raises.... anyone have a clue on his career aspirations?

Elston wants to win a National Championship at Notre Dame. That is his ambition. And then after that he can be a head coach where ever he wants like Georgia, USC, ECTERA. Just like the assistants at Alabama under Saban.
He doesn't want to end up in a cesspool like at Vanderbilt.

Elston wants to win a National Championship at Notre Dame. That is his ambition. And then after that he can be a head coach where ever he wants like Georgia, USC, ECTERA. Just like the assistants at Alabama under Saban.
He doesn't want to end up in a cesspool like at Vanderbilt.
Lea is taking over Vandy at a good time. They were winless. He can schedule 2-3 wins a year out of conference. And I’m sure he can coach himself to 2-3 wins over the other SEC lightweights like Tenn, SC, Kentucky, Missouri, Miss St. Ole Miss. He gets to 6-6 at Vandy he can write his ticket to a big time gig, just like Franklin did.

Lea is taking over Vandy at a good time. They were winless. He can schedule 2-3 wins a year out of conference. And I’m sure he can coach himself to 2-3 wins over the other SEC lightweights like Tenn, SC, Kentucky, Missouri, Miss St. Ole Miss. He gets to 6-6 at Vandy he can write his ticket to a big time gig, just like Franklin did.

When Franklin coached Vandy they weren't WOKE yet. Clark will have to hire more female staff and more female players.

ADVERTISEMENT